• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Also, 921 likes in 3 months, That's even more crazy.

She is the last person you'd expect to have the most number of likes on GTAF.

Does that upset you or something? I can't help it if people like rating my posts. I certainly don't pay attention to it and didn't even know I had that many. Post count and likes are really not important.

• Sting4S likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

I see. So its not the thread itself, it is the track record of the person that makes it.

Nope, it's just that you start every thread with 'I am very interested blah blah' which makes you sound as though you are some sort of stalker. Don't get me started on your behavior in the footy desk.

Also 5k posts in 3 months is insane. That's like 1.5 per month and 50 per day, even worse is that most of them are straight trash.
Woah! 5K in 3 months? I wasn't even that bad on my past account. That is excessive.

I thought I had a lot...

I did some random calculation (2,157 posts before this one, ~108 days being here), it claims my average posting rate is 19,97222... or ~20 posts per day. But theadmiral's post amount... damn.

Likes are not the main thing really. The more posts, more likes.

Like/post ratio is what you should look at... if you see a person have a good like/post ratio, the overall quality of the posts is better than with the person who has simply more likes but also more posts.

But yeah, apparently due to math, admiral's L/P Ratio is 5,8 or so and mine's 5,1.

So I guess I must have worse posts then. Oh well. ;)

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by Xerukal, 08 January 2014 - 04:40 PM.

I see. So its not the thread itself, it is the track record of the person that makes it.

Nope, it's just that you start every thread with 'I am very interested blah blah' which makes you sound as though you are some sort of stalker. Don't get me started on your behavior in the footy desk.

Also 5k posts in 3 months is insane. That's like 1.5 per month and 50 per day, even worse is that most of them are straight trash.
Woah! 5K in 3 months? I wasn't even that bad on my past account. That is excessive.

I thought I had a lot...

I did some random calculation (2,157 posts before this one, ~108 days being here), it claims my average posting rate is 19,97222... or ~20 posts per day. But theadmiral's post amount... damn.

Likes are not the main thing really. The more posts, more likes.

Like/post ratio is what you should look at... if you see a person have a good like/post ratio, the overall quality of the posts is better than with the person who has simply more likes but also more posts.

But yeah, apparently due to math, admiral's L/P Ratio is 5,8 or so and mine's 5,1.

So I guess I must have worse posts then. Oh well. ;)

Would be nice to have a dislike button, as well. So a proper ratio could be established. Since not everyone that doesn't "click like" a post dislikes it/thinks it isn't like worthy.

Guess that should be a site suggestion of some kind. Probably already suggested. So lol. 

• lil weasel and Sting4S like this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Would be nice to have a dislike button, as well. So a proper ratio could be established. Since not everyone that doesn't "click like" a post dislikes it/thinks it isn't like worthy.

Guess that should be a site suggestion of some kind. Probably already suggested. So lol. 

We tried that once, people got upset that there were others on the site ganging up on their posts and disliking them all.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

We tried that once, people got upset that there were others on the site ganging up on their posts and disliking them all.

So now it is kind of like "everyone gets a trophy".

I'd think the answer to the OP question would be: having to spend more time with Waddy.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Only downside I can see it that people expect you to be 24/7 above a PC and report/delete/ban anything on sight. I, too, used to think like that... 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

To be honest, who cares? If somebodies post gets a ton of dislikes, they should not really worry. If I posted, I think V physics suck and got only 5/20 likes, I would not give a damn. Hell adding a disliking system would make the like system justifiable. I don't know any other site that only allows you to like posts unless you're a guest member.
  • Xerukal likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Ey, let's lay off Theadmiral a bit. 

Great idea.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

What is this, the official moderator sanctioned attack and insult me thread or what? Wouldn't be allowed if it was any other member.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, that's enough.

• Lucchese and theadmiral like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users