can anyone help me create it
all help is much appreciated

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Phew.  There are tons of places to start.

http://www.gbadev.org/ might get you going in the right direction.

You are going to need to grab a devkit and an emulator in order to write game code and test it.

Just a heads up - it isn't that easy.  I ventured into it years ago just to try it out.

Search around for some tutorials and start very small.  Even just getting a square block to move around on the screen was a big accomplishment when I started playing around with home brew GBA.

• high91 likes this

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

thanks but i could do with help.
i wish to create this game with a team.anyone want to help please friends!

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 08 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

I think you'd be better off making a GTA clone on Android or iOS. GBA is kind of older technology now, it was 2 generations ago as far as portable systems are concerned. If you make one for the iOS/Android, you could stand to make significant amounts of money. You would also have more tools available to you and tutorials.

• NCONiall likes this

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

I have no care for money its a free projecct
but i need help?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

Game like GTA Advance is actually a lot of work to write. Especially if you want it to be even better. You could probably get sufficiently competent programmers in on it if there is opportunity to make profit, but not if it's going to be work for free type of thing.

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

Yes its free
this isnt about money its about a fan who wants to finish what Rockstar left off but as a Rip off cause we dont wanna get our asses sued

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

It's making an entire game on old hardware with little support, man, and no incentive for anyone to help. It's literally months, even years of work for a team of programmers. I honestly, again, say that if you really want to do this, do it on ios/android. Give it out for free with optional micro-transactions, split the profit among the team. What you're wanting is pretty far-fetched unless you wanna work on it yourself for several years, and have the end-product for yourself and VERY few others to enjoy.

From what you're saying, I see absolutely no reason why anyone would want to help. You are not offering monetary incentive, you're working on an unnecessarily complicated platform that offers comparably little support for new-comers, and you're not even offering them the potential of recognition, as the GBA is pretty damn old, and few people will end up playing your game. It's like making an entire clone of GTA London for the PS1 at this day and age.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users