Tanks

70 replies to this topic
gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

the only thing that annoys the hell out of me about the tanks is when they kill me i keep respawning less than a block away from the damned thing

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

the only thing that annoys the hell out of me about the tanks is when they kill me i keep respawning less than a block away from the damned thing

i watched a guy get all his personal vehicles blown up because of this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

how the hell did that happen? did he keep coming back with a different car?

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

i guess he kept calling his mechanic desperately hoping to get away

though, there were no parked cars/traffic nearby so he was gonna end up getting spawn killed either way

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

though, there were no parked cars/traffic nearby so he was gonna end up getting spawn killed either way

see that right there wasnt very smart . i just run for the nearest alley way or somewhere i can climb up on

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

i know of 4 spots where unique/special cars sometime spawn. 

I have all the cars I like that can be freely stolen and saved. What I mean by not having anything good, is none of the high end ones that you can't just steal and have to purchase.

still not hard to avoid since they have to lock on you first and that takes awhile.  i avoided one in the swamp area by the fort , i just kept moving around . i was on foot too

On the freeway where you can only drive straight there is nothing you can do, nowhere to go. It was in an area with impassible walls on the sides.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

I have all the cars I like that can be freely stolen and saved. What I mean by not having anything good, is none of the high end ones that you can't just steal and have to purchase.

still not hard to avoid since they have to lock on you first and that takes awhile.  i avoided one in the swamp area by the fort , i just kept moving around . i was on foot too

On the freeway where you can only drive straight there is nothing you can do, nowhere to go. It was in an area with impassible walls on the sides.

did you try running in a zig zag motion? 

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

see that right there wasnt very smart . i just run for the nearest alley way or somewhere i can climb up on

it didnt help that we were all on the countryside, away from the city

not many alley ways to hide in out there.

he was real close to getting away once, but his mechanic parked his car way out in the open where he'd have to run pretty far to get to it

tank saw him running toward it, killed him and then blew it up

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

I was in one of the slower cars marked on the minimap as being wanted by simeon, there is only so much zig zaging you can do on a smallish walled in freeway portion with a far amount of traffic to plow into.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:58 PM Edited by gtaocicat, 08 January 2014 - 06:58 PM.

I was in one of the slower cars marked on the minimap as being wanted by simeon, there is only so much zig zaging you can do on a smallish walled in freeway portion with a far amount of traffic to plow into.

why didnt you park the car on the side next to a wall , jump on top of the car and climb over?  or were the walls  very very tall?

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

why didnt you park the car on the side next to a wall , jump on top of the car and climb over?  or were the walls  very very tall?

It was just an area where there was nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. plus I didn't see him till I was blown up anyway, cause I couldn't see where he was coming from until it was too late. Wide open area past the barriers, so running would have done no good. Nothing to hide under/behind/inside. They wouldn't have left me alone anyway, since they had been focusing on killing me for some time.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

It was just an area where there was nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. plus I didn't see him till I was blown up anyway, cause I couldn't see where he was coming from until it was too late. Wide open area past the barriers, so running would have done no good. Nothing to hide under/behind/inside. They wouldn't have left me alone anyway, since they had been focusing on killing me for some time.

you still could have parked the car , climbed on it and tried to go over the wall

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Like he said climb on something and go passive
They can't blow you up but they can mow you over.
Or mission spawn out if there..

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

you still could have parked the car , climbed on it and tried to go over the wall

You seem to be missing the point. There was nowhere to go. He would get me no matter what I did, and had several times before (outside of the Lazer). Past the concrete it was just wide open. No trees or anything. After he blew me up that time I just left since he clearly had it out for me for no apparent reason and wasn't going to leave me alone.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

This is one of the few cases where passive mode comes in handy. Aslong as you're on foot they can't blow you up. just don't get run over.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

You seem to be missing the point. There was nowhere to go. He would get me no matter what I did, and had several times before (outside of the Lazer). Past the concrete it was just wide open. No trees or anything. After he blew me up that time I just left since he clearly had it out for me for no apparent reason and wasn't going to leave me alone.

i rather get killed from the fall over the wall than to have someone else kill me . one time i let a npc car kill me rather than the guy that was shooting at me

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:52 PM Edited by erustad, 08 January 2014 - 07:55 PM.

i rather get killed from the fall over the wall than to have someone else kill me . one time i let a npc car kill me rather than the guy that was shooting at me

it was the walls that are slightly too tall to drive over, but not much taller than that. Nothing to kill myself with short of grenades, but even so, If I remember correctly you don't need to pay med bills when players kill you, at least I am pretty sure that is how it was last time I checked bank transaction log. And grenades are spendy at my level, since I have so much else I need to save for, lol.

This is one of the few cases where passive mode comes in handy. Aslong as you're on foot they can't blow you up. just don't get run over.

Except passive mode is broken for me, as I have stated in the troubleshooting section.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

How is passive broken?
Right after you get killed it shows passive option on screen if you press yellow (xbx)
Or press select scroll down to enable passive.
Or pull up phone hit quick job and you magically disappear...

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

How is passive broken?
Right after you get killed it shows passive option on screen if you press yellow (xbx)
Or press select scroll down to enable passive.
Or pull up phone hit quick job and you magically disappear...

Go look at my thread in troubleshooting if you want to know, I have discussed it all there.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

I discovered a quick way to restock all your ammo in one quick step. just go to a nearby blue circle that starts a death match or mission that has weapons in it and go to start it , then buy all ammo an then quit it . you will be sent right back where you were will full ammo 

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

http://gtaforums.com...-against-tanks/

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

they could apply a more "real" speed for the projectile, actually its kinda instant hit, this way would be harder to hit a nice helicopter like buzzard and give to both more cool times trying to shoot each other

Honestly I wish they would do this for all the weapons... it's friggin' 2014 for Christ's sake... lets get some ballistics going on here.. why are all these guns instalazerbeams... ESPECIALLY THE LAZER!!!

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

I dont see the point to them. You kill someone twice and they go get a tank and unless you have one or are level 100 you got no chance. Im clutching at straws here but im hoping Rockstar patches them out or at least give us some sort of anti tank weapon that you can get at lower levels. Isnt there a game called Battlefield or something?

No, don't patch them out. Just put a 24 or 48 hour timer on them. So once they lose it, they can do nothing but log out or get their scrub asses handed to them in free mode for a couple of days

theroc23
  • theroc23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

A fair nerf to the tank would be to limit the amount of ammo per call-in.

artisntrealz
  • artisntrealz

Ride on, right on

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

I discovered a quick way to restock all your ammo in one quick step. just go to a nearby blue circle that starts a death match or mission that has weapons in it and go to start it , then buy all ammo an then quit it . you will be sent right back where you were will full ammo 

Yeah i do that too! If you just go to map and hover your cursor over a DM you can press square to join it if you're not close to a blue circle.
It seems my stickies and launcher nades are always empty.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Yeah i do that too! If you just go to map and hover your cursor over a DM you can press square to join it if you're not close to a blue circle.
It seems my stickies and launcher nades are always empty.

launcher nades?  whats that?

artisntrealz
  • artisntrealz

Ride on, right on

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Grenades for my grenade launcher

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Grenades for my grenade launcher

oh , for a sec i thought you had a  nad launcher . was gonna say that sounds painful

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

This.
The timer on calling in a tank is a great idea too. 40 minutes like the bounties sounds reasonable to me, it would add value to using it.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

This.
The timer on calling in a tank is a great idea too. 40 minutes like the bounties sounds reasonable to me, it would add value to using it.

now that i wouldnt have a problem with .  as for limiting the amount of ammo , is that ammo for the tank?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users