Tanks

70 replies to this topic
13Kingz_MC
  • 13Kingz_MC

13 Kingz MC Blaine County Chapter & National President - &qu

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

I dont see the point to them. You kill someone twice and they go get a tank and unless you have one or are level 100 you got no chance. Im clutching at straws here but im hoping Rockstar patches them out or at least give us some sort of anti tank weapon that you can get at lower levels. Isnt there a game called Battlefield or something?

masterconch87
  • masterconch87

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

every level can get tanks!!

just get your crew to back you up.

i dont use a tank, untill some1 kills me with it.

than he gets killed by 4 tanks...

GRIEF THE GRIEFERSSS!!

• Malibu454 likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

i really wish people would stop whining and bitching about tanks . i have been killed dozens of times by tanks and i dont really care . i mean its not like there are dozens of tanks in every lobby

• Austenious and SinisterPredator like this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Smart bombs are your friends for tanks.

ZakeBudek
  • ZakeBudek

As elusive as Robert Denby.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

I love driving down the street and "OMGITSATANKRUNRUNRUN" and it becomes a player initiated in-game event. Tanks should be hard to destroy. I think there should even be a couple different models - but they should all be rare or difficult, or expensive to replace. Maybe introduce a military response at 5 stars.

I'd make players wait for lvl100 or 120 to buy and drive, and no insurance so you have to buy it again, or maybe costs 50% to replace "We're sorry, your vehicle has been destroyed. Call us soon for a Merryweather returning customer discount!" That would make people think twice about griefing, going kamikaze with each use. Sure the hackers would still have lvl200 and $ to replace, but that will get fixed.

• RawGo0n likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

I love driving down the street and "OMGITSATANKRUNRUNRUN" and it becomes a player initiated in-game event. Tanks should be hard to destroy. I think there should even be a couple different models - but they should all be rare or difficult, or expensive to replace. Maybe introduce a military response at 5 stars.

I'd make players wait for lvl100 or 120 to buy and drive, and no insurance so you have to buy it again, or maybe costs 50% to replace "We're sorry, your vehicle has been destroyed. Call us soon for a Merryweather returning customer discount!" That would make people think twice about griefing, going kamikaze with each use. Sure the hackers would still have lvl200 and $ to replace, but that will get fixed.

shouldnt cost more than 15k to replace a tank . 

JohnDoe7125539271
  • JohnDoe7125539271

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

every level can get tanks!!

just get your crew to back you up.

i dont use a tank, untill some1 kills me with it.

than he gets killed by 4 tanks...

GRIEF THE GRIEFERSSS!!

If you have enough cash you can get a tank at any level. And after these hax0rs more than enough people have that money! Lack of level doesn't matter.

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by You Are All V1rgins, 07 January 2014 - 09:20 PM.

Last time I used a tank for revenge, the f*cking guy kept following me in every session, chasing me with a tank.

I swear, getting killed by a tank makes people snap.

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

I love destroying tank griefers. I make it part of my job when I come across one. I grab a random common car and go off the radar, then raid their rear with 2 sets of 5 sticky bombs. Many times they rage quit because I'm really on top of it i.e. as soon as they get in.

Except the other day when one tank griefer had 2 crew members, all in tanks. And another tank griefer had 2 other crew members all in tanks. They weren't going at it and there was only 1 other person in the lobby besides me lol 6 vs 2.
Practiced Heavy sniping them out.

What's really annoying though is when they go into passive mode when they die. I had a lvl 257 do that to me.
  • Austenious and TheKidKid415 like this

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

go into passive mode and hide behind a tree

problem solved

AEVibe
  • AEVibe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

I only get annoyed when they p*ssy out and go into passive mode when I kill them with my lazer or tank.
  • Austenious likes this

artisntrealz
  • artisntrealz

Ride on, right on

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

I think tanks should be limited to a random occurance. Army brigade driving down the road like in the old GTAs. Too many level 20's driving tanks around. I was in a lobby yesterday with 5 tanks in it. No thanks. New lobby for this guy
  • AEVibe likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

i never seen more than 2 tanks at the same time in a lobby . and i usually run for the desert when i see more than 1

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

I haven't seen a tank yet, only one jackass terrorizing people with a lazer. I hate being low level because all I seem to run into is high level players with tons of money and the best weapons. Makes it basically impossible to fight back, as I have next to no money, haven't even gotten my favorite car (the infernus) yet, cause I am so bad at making money in this game. Will be ages before I can get a tank. So I am glad I haven't seen one yet, I wouldn't  be able to fight it.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

I haven't seen a tank yet, only one jackass terrorizing people with a lazer. I hate being low level because all I seem to run into is high level players with tons of money and the best weapons. Makes it basically impossible to fight back, as I have next to no money, haven't even gotten my favorite car (the infernus) yet, cause I am so bad at making money in this game. Will be ages before I can get a tank. So I am glad I haven't seen one yet, I wouldn't  be able to fight it.

the lazers are easy to avoid, just stay low and move around alot .

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by erustad, 08 January 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Didn't help me at all. I was in a car and couldn't escape, cause I was in a long straight area with no turn offs and those stupid short concrete wall things that keep you from leaving the road. Was even worse cause it was simeon's specially requested vehicle. Rather than just let me have it they just decided to blow it and me up. (AFTER I had already paid to repair and respray it of course)

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Didn't help me at all. I was in a car and couldn't escape, cause I was in a long straight area with no turn offs and those stupid short concrete wall things that keep you from leaving the road. Was even worse cause it was simeon's specially requested vehicle. Rather than just let me have it they just decided to blow it and me up. (AFTER I had already paid to repair and respray it of course)

just find an overpass to hide under

they'll f*ck off eventually

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

just find an overpass to hide under

they'll f*ck off eventually

Naw, this person really had it out for me. Dunno why, but they were intent on killing me a bunch of times. They also seemed to be VERY good with the thing. (also had maxed flight skill and were extremely high level). Ah, I wish I could get a lazer, I might be decent with it in dogfights, I used to be in SA. I can never get away with the darn thing though. One time I did get out and away from the police by staying low over the water, but a couple missiles had hit me so it was damaged and the engine cut out and I splashed down. Did escape the 4 stars by staying underwater though (a couple of seconds later the stars were gone, lol)

Coheed1986
  • Coheed1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Introduce the Javelin, to even out the playing field. Me for instance, i would love to have a handy javelin for those griefers. But for now, sticky bombs + Lesters "off the radar" works. But a Javelin... Think of all the new ways to kill off the level 8 fanboys.

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Introduce the Javelin, to even out the playing field. Me for instance, i would love to have a handy javelin for those griefers. But for now, sticky bombs + Lesters "off the radar" works. But a Javelin... Think of all the new ways to kill off the level 8 fanboys.

Javelin?

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

what level are you ?

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

if they bring the javelin i bet thats going to be for extremely high levels since it locks on to targets and not a free aim launcher...would be extremely cool if they added more levels on survival and added the javelin so lower levels like me could have it :)

I just dont like low levels with tanks its clear you cheated to get it and I dont like cheaters....if your at the level that tank is unlocked then fair game if you want to use it...you unlocked it fairly and didnt cheat so obviously your gonna be overjoyed and want to destroy to your hearts content you earned it lol

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

what level are you ?

he must not be a very good player since lazers arent hard to avoid

if they bring the javelin i bet thats going to be for extremely high levels since it locks on to targets and not a free aim launcher...would be extremely cool if they added more levels on survival and added the javelin so lower levels like me could have it :)

I just dont like low levels with tanks its clear you cheated to get it and I dont like cheaters....if your at the level that tank is unlocked then fair game if you want to use it...you unlocked it fairly and didnt cheat so obviously your gonna be overjoyed and want to destroy to your hearts content you earned it lol

i got a tank at level 55 and now i am level 76 . am i still a cheater? lol

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by erustad, 08 January 2014 - 06:10 PM.

what level are you ?

About level 26 or something.

what level are you ?

They are impossible to avoid when you are stuck on a straightaway road with no turnoffs. (freeway portions with the concrete barriers at the sides)

I am just unlucky. I avoided them for some time before I got stuck on that road, but seing as I am only level about 26, I don't have any good stuff yet. Not even a decent car, since I am saving for the infernus. Weapons at this level are really lackluster compared to high levels (he was over level 100, but I don't remember how much over. Quite a bit over.)

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

what level are you ?

what level are you ?

They are impossible to avoid when you are stuck on a straightaway road with no turnoffs. (freeway portions with the concrete barriers at the sides)

I am just unlucky. I avoided them for some time before I got stuck on that road, but seing as I am only level about 26, I don't have any good stuff yet. Not even a decent car, since I am saving for the infernus. Weapons at this level are really lackluster compared to high levels (he was over level 100, but I don't remember how much over. Quite a bit over.)

still not hard to avoid since they have to lock on you first and that takes awhile.  i avoided one in the swamp area by the fort , i just kept moving around . i was on foot too

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

what level are you ?

yes yes you are and u must be punished for such actions loool

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

what level are you ?

yes yes you are and u must be punished for such actions loool

lol punish me then lol

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by Green-Eyez55, 08 January 2014 - 06:27 PM.

challenge accecpted and will commence as soon as I see you online :) lol

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

what level are you ?

what level are you ?

just keep playing survivals try and get the most kills to level up quickly...im only at 37 and still find it somewhat harder to kill higher levels as most the time they take out guns I havent unlocked but u just make the most out of what you have and to your advantage.... you can find decent cars driving or lying about the game just have to be in the right place at the right time really lol

i know of 4 spots where unique/special cars sometime spawn. 

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

they could apply a more "real" speed for the projectile, actually its kinda instant hit, this way would be harder to hit a nice helicopter like buzzard and give to both more cool times trying to shoot each other

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users