Requests for Rockstar

36 replies to this topic
Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

... so I doubt that Rockstar are likely to view this, they're no doubt busy scratching their heads as to what to do about the latest cash extortion and invincibility modes. I'm surprised they've not done anything about that already too be honest. Maybe they've given up hope? [:p] Either way, I figured I'd share some (what I believe to be) practice and sensible ideas/requests here in the hope that one day, over the next couple of months Rockstar will be made aware of them.

Also, I get to see what other people think of said suggestions too.

Firstly, some suggestions to vehicle modifications; the ability (at least on sports and super cars) to add a neon glow to the underside of the vehicle. In addition to that, it would be nice if we were able to add custom art to the vehicle bodies (representing street racing cars as seen in the Fast & Furious series). Said art could be implemented in the same way as current custom logos for crews, just maybe more options.

Secondly, the Tank. $200 for delivery as many times as you desire? That needs to be addressed. Honestly, I'd up the price to $20,000 per delivery, and have a restriction on it. A one (game hour) window from the time Tank A is destroyed before you can request Tank B. I was in a game the other day where there were five tanks driving around (I was in one myself). Each time one of us was destroyed, we'd jump to passive mode, and call in another tank. It's pointless and ruins the game for some of the other players. Tanks should be a rarer vehicle, not something you can spawn outright. If you want a fighter jet from the military base you've got to work for it, it's no easy acquisition, why should tanks be any different?

Thirdly, as a possible solution to the cash crisis, restrict each person to a maximum of 10-million. Nobody is realistically going to need any more than that; there's nothing in the game that even comes close to that price. Thanks to a bounty I claimed over Christmas, I have 2-billion and I haven't got anything to spend it on. If I want to buy a new supercar, it's peanuts to me.

Next up ~ the ability to buy more garages. Sure, you'd think ten cars would be enough, but no. That could be something to do with the fact that a lot of players have a lot of money recently, so they can afford (should they desire) to have 30 - 40 - 50 different vehicles, but even so the option of several different properties (at least garages) should be an option for us. Whilst on the subject of properties, we should have the option to customize our apartments. Short of views, why do they all look exactly the same?

To extend upon this, it wouldn't be such a bad idea if we could have our own depot (of sorts) where we'd go to collect our limos, buses, helicopters and such. Throw in a little customization there too...? Beats getting everything through Pegasus.

Up in fifth, and I know this is a long shot, but fix your bad sports. People who drive tanks only for others to drive into them shouldn't get punished. Same goes for people defending themselves. We destroy personal vehicles because we don't want to die ourselves and are punished for it? Sure, it doesn't make much difference at the moment because the system is ... broken, but if it worked as it should, I guarantee a lot of people (myself included) would be in the bad sport lobby by now. I agree with having to pay the insurance price, but not to be punished.

Bad sports should however come down hard on people who quit missions; especially races. The number of races I've raced recently where you start with say ... 8 people, and then 3 quit because they've had a bad start. This reduces rewards for the other players. Why should they suffer because one or more people can't handle a little defeat? Likewise, in a race where it's only two people, if one person quits then the winner of said race should still get that win added to their record. It's unfair on the dedicated otherwise.

And sixth ~ race creation. Let us build circuits in restricted zones. If I want to build a race in the military base or airport, I should be allowed too. This may be the case for death match creation too, I don't know. I've not created any of those yet.

• Deadly Target likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

I just want to be able to buy a second 10 car garage as well as my apartment/garage. Actually being able to buy as many extra garages as I wish would be even better. 

• SCS_Skreamies, GoodGreen and ChrilLe like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Time limit on tanks and more garage spaces, sure.. Neons and quitting a mission? Meh. Why would you stay in a race that you have 0 chance of winning when you'll get the DNF thing anyway?

radcad
  • radcad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Apartment and 10-car garage should be more than enough, I don't think you should be able to have 50 garage spaces. 20 is fine, and I'm a super keen car enthusiast on GTA.

I don't get the tank thing - just avoid them, or change server. They cost a load and are bloody difficult to own - if you can save that much you deserve all the fun a tank can bring. The money situation has messed everything up - there were only ever meant to be a few, and not this many this early in the game. Hacking and glitching has caused the epidemic, don't punish those who saved up legit. And I say this as someone who hasn't got a tank.

They should let us buy more fun vehicles from Pegasus tbh, I'd kill to be able to own a Dozer and a Cargogbob on demand...

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:56 AM Edited by Flash525, 07 January 2014 - 12:01 PM.

Time limit on tanks and more garage spaces, sure.. Neons and quitting a mission? Meh. Why would you stay in a race that you have 0 chance of winning when you'll get the DNF thing anyway?

If you're that far behind that you don't stand a chance of winning, then the race is likely to soon be over so you might as well just sit there and wait for it to finish. You'll get a little bit of a reward for your troubles and you wont annoy other contenders.

Apartment and 10-car garage should be more than enough, I don't think you should be able to have 50 garage spaces. 20 is fine, and I'm a super keen car enthusiast on GTA.

I was just using those numbers as an example. I don't suppose anyone would really need more than 20 cars (but then I thought that about 10 cars when I started with my 2 car garage).

I don't get the tank thing - just avoid them, or change server. They cost a load and are bloody difficult to own - if you can save that much you deserve all the fun a tank can bring. The money situation has messed everything up - there were only ever meant to be a few, and not this many this early in the game. Hacking and glitching has caused the epidemic, don't punish those who saved up legit. And I say this as someone who hasn't got a tank.

Most people at the required level now have tanks (granted, that's thanks to the glitch). As per avoiding them or changing server, the former is easier said than done. You don't always know where they're going to be, and you don't find out until you're a fireball. Some of those tank drivers will then kill you upon respawn as many times as they can before you either escape or hit passive mode (even then, if you aren't quick enough they can run you down and squish you). As per changing server, you're essentially being bullied out of the game. Why should you have to jump ship because player X keeps spawning tanks?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Ok let's say you have a 3 lap race with 2 to go, you've lost such a distance that it's just not worth the 3-5 minute wait till they finish...Would you honestly just sit there till the end?

It may not be long (5 minutes), but the temptation to f*ck with others racing is just too high, be happy i don't run the track in the opposite and make you lose too..

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

For sure we need the ability to have more cars and to sort out tanks in someway. 

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Ok let's say you have a 3 lap race with 2 to go, you've lost such a distance that it's just not worth the 3-5 minute wait till they finish...Would you honestly just sit there till the end?

It may not be long (5 minutes), but the temptation to f*ck with others racing is just too high, be happy i don't run the track in the opposite and make you lose too..

Turning your car around in an attempt to screw up the race for others is no different from spinning someone out when racing alongside them. The point is that by your leaving, the rewards come race completion drop. You don't need to sit there necessarily, you can head in the opposite direction and take out a few people if you can. At least the rewards will remain high and you'll save yourself from (what should be) a working bad sport.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Everything would be a lot better if they actually tightened up all the little bugs about online. 

Have it where you can create a custom session, with the choices that the gamers want. 

rockstar thinks they know how everyone wants to play, and unfortunately they know jack squat. Perhaps if they would have hired some quality thinkers instead of a bunch of monkeys, we would not have so many complaints.

Server options should include the choice of allowing tanks, police, AI, etc. You should be able to create one of these sessions and allow it to be public, with the players having a filter to easily get into a session under the conditions they prefer.

but again, none of this will happen. They are not going to gear any changes towards having fun. They will gear them towards any way they can to generate more profit, as if the billions they made already wasnt enough.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Server options should include the choice of allowing tanks, police, AI, etc. You should be able to create one of these sessions and allow it to be public, with the players having a filter to easily get into a session under the conditions they prefer.

I would sure go for this. Police seriously annoy the hell out of me sometimes.

radcad
  • radcad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

I was just using those numbers as an example. I don't suppose anyone would really need more than 20 cars (but then I thought that about 10 cars when I started with my 2 car garage).

Most people at the required level now have tanks (granted, that's thanks to the glitch). As per avoiding them or changing server, the former is easier said than done. You don't always know where they're going to be, and you don't find out until you're a fireball. Some of those tank drivers will then kill you upon respawn as many times as they can before you either escape or hit passive mode (even then, if you aren't quick enough they can run you down and squish you). As per changing server, you're essentially being bullied out of the game. Why should you have to jump ship because player X keeps spawning tanks?

Yep, fair play with the numbers - I can see myself wanting more eventually but yeah, I just feel there's a limit somewhere and 1 apartment and 1 garage seems reasonable and logical.

And yes absolutely with the tanks, I suppose I haven't been tank griefed really at all yet so not really suitable to comment but I've always just tracked where tank owner dots are on the maps and tried to avoid them. It's GTA, people are allowed to be douchey if they want and it's really not too hard to change sessions though and allow the other guys to keep doing their douchey thing. It's a sandbox game, spheres of influence overlap and Bad Sport was invented to try to handle this sort of thing but I guess you do have to get to a car first.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Turning your car around in an attempt to screw up the race for others is no different from spinning someone out when racing alongside them. The point is that by your leaving, the rewards come race completion drop. You don't need to sit there necessarily, you can head in the opposite direction and take out a few people if you can. At least the rewards will remain high and you'll save yourself from (what should be) a working bad sport.

Fair enough, i see your point.

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Secondly, the Tank. $200 for delivery as many times as you desire? That needs to be addressed. Honestly, I'd up the price to $20,000 per delivery, and have a restriction on it. A one (game hour) window from the time Tank A is destroyed before you can request Tank B. I was in a game the other day where there were five tanks driving around (I was in one myself). Each time one of us was destroyed, we'd jump to passive mode, and call in another tank. It's pointless and ruins the game for some of the other players. Tanks should be a rarer vehicle, not something you can spawn outright. If you want a fighter jet from the military base you've got to work for it, it's no easy acquisition, why should tanks be any different?

I've spend a couple of weeks farming hardcore in order to be able to buy the tank, no way in the world I should pay another 20k per delivery for something I allready paid and worked for. You are completly forgetting that about 90% of the tanks out there are gained with hacked funds. That said I'm not opposed a timer if the tank has been destroyed, however not when it's moved back into storage.

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

#1 YES
#2 GO F*©k yourself

#3 Are your stupid. It takes around 35 million to get everything unlocked in pegusus. And if we do get #4 that would also go over your 10 million mark.

#4 Yes yes yes yes!!!!! I've had enough money for 2nd 400k apartment and full while still wanting more cars back when we could restart roof top rumble every 30 seconds.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Agree except on the tanks.  Why should all tank owners be punish just 'cos of a few halfwits who act like pr!cks?

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:29 PM Edited by Flash525, 07 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

I've spend a couple of weeks farming hardcore in order to be able to buy the tank, no way in the world I should pay another 20k per delivery for something I allready paid and worked for. You are completly forgetting that about 90% of the tanks out there are gained with hacked funds. That said I'm not opposed a timer if the tank has been destroyed, however not when it's moved back into storage.

I could compromise. Maybe 2k for the purchase, provided the timer is kept.

#3 Are your stupid. It takes around 35 million to get everything unlocked in pegusus. And if we do get #4 that would also go over your 10 million mark.

It may take 35million to have everything unlocked, but you don't need to have everything unlocked all in one go, do you?

Agree except on the tanks.  Why should all tank owners be punish just 'cos of a few halfwits who act like pr!cks?

Why would any non prick desire a tank again straight after his has just got blown up?

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by dannybohy, 07 January 2014 - 12:56 PM.

my comment from other thread because I am lazy

I want GTAO:KICKASS 

You have to pick between Hero or Villain! name your avatar and design his/her vigilante costume and custom cars! 

KICK_ASS___RED_MIST_1_by_adonihs.jpg

anyone who resorts to a tank in free-roam is a prick, even myself :) 

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

1-more garages
2-button to enable air-balance
3-vehicle damage
4-gun-racing (in IV, called GTA race)

Dear R*, please add these.
Slug.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Might I say that more garages is always an awesome desire, but the best thing I read there was the idea of a depot for Pegasus vehicles. That sounds like a great solution to the random Pegasus spawns.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

I want to be able to stand up through a vehicle's sunroof as a passenger, which would allow you to fire an assault rifle 360°. Of course this won't happen, but it should've been implemented from the start.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

^ If it were a humvee-style system on an SUV i'd support this, but knocking your head off with an AP pistol would be extremely easy without protection.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Why would any non prick desire a tank again straight after his has just got blown up?

Why shouldn't they?  It's a vehicle they've bought so they have every right to use it.  I use mine to cruise about like I do in any of my cars and don't grief.  What does happen is other players see a tank and start on it or ram into it, blow up and I get the wanted level and end up in a shoot out with the cops which inevitably ends in the destruction of said tank.  So tell me how I'm being a prick for minding my own business and not griefing anyone?  If it was one of my cars that was destroyed I get it straight back.

ChrisV
  • ChrisV

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

- safe houses all across the map, with at least a 2 car garage for all of them.

- being able to steal expensive cars, this is supposed to gta after all.

- revenue from business.

- decent payouts for missions

- a normal ingame economy where a tattoo is 1500 instead of over 10k

- fix the auto aim cause it's crap as is.

Rayshotya
  • Rayshotya

Lettin' off shots

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

+1'd and take that f*ing Jumps Jumps Jumps out, every race I f*ing join

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Tried it a few hours ago, am i the only one who doesn't mind it?

I mean it's not great, but try doing a full rotation of the map twice with no ramps. wall etc...that's sh*t.

Rayshotya
  • Rayshotya

Lettin' off shots

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

Tried it a few hours ago, am i the only one who doesn't mind it?
I mean it's not great, but try doing a full rotation of the map twice with no ramps. wall etc...that's sh*t.

I liked it at the start but every time I join a quick race its the that one, everytime and then everybody votes to replay. Its boring

HiddenAnonyous
  • HiddenAnonyous

I know things

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by HiddenAnonyous, 07 January 2014 - 03:40 PM.

... so I doubt that Rockstar are likely to view this, they're no doubt busy scratching their heads as to what to do about the latest cash extortion and invincibility modes. I'm surprised they've not done anything about that already too be honest. Maybe they've given up hope? [ :p] Either way, I figured I'd share some (what I believe to be) practice and sensible ideas/requests here in the hope that one day, over the next couple of months Rockstar will be made aware of them.

Also, I get to see what other people think of said suggestions too.

Firstly, some suggestions to vehicle modifications; the ability (at least on sports and super cars) to add a neon glow to the underside of the vehicle. In addition to that, it would be nice if we were able to add custom art to the vehicle bodies (representing street racing cars as seen in the Fast & Furious series). Said art could be implemented in the same way as current custom logos for crews, just maybe more options.

Thirdly, as a possible solution to the cash crisis, restrict each person to a maximum of 10-million. Nobody is realistically going to need any more than that; there's nothing in the game that even comes close to that price. Thanks to a bounty I claimed over Christmas, I have 2-billion and I haven't got anything to spend it on. If I want to buy a new supercar, it's peanuts to me.

Next up ~ the ability to buy more garages. Sure, you'd think ten cars would be enough, but no. That could be something to do with the fact that a lot of players have a lot of money recently, so they can afford (should they desire) to have 30 - 40 - 50 different vehicles, but even so the option of several different properties (at least garages) should be an option for us. Whilst on the subject of properties, we should have the option to customize our apartments. Short of views, why do they all look exactly the same?

To extend upon this, it wouldn't be such a bad idea if we could have our own depot (of sorts) where we'd go to collect our limos, buses, helicopters and such. Throw in a little customization there too...? Beats getting everything through Pegasus.

Up in fifth, and I know this is a long shot, but fix your bad sports. People who drive tanks only for others to drive into them shouldn't get punished. Same goes for people defending themselves. We destroy personal vehicles because we don't want to die ourselves and are punished for it? Sure, it doesn't make much difference at the moment because the system is ... broken, but if it worked as it should, I guarantee a lot of people (myself included) would be in the bad sport lobby by now. I agree with having to pay the insurance price, but not to be punished.

Bad sports should however come down hard on people who quit missions; especially races. The number of races I've raced recently where you start with say ... 8 people, and then 3 quit because they've had a bad start. This reduces rewards for the other players. Why should they suffer because one or more people can't handle a little defeat? Likewise, in a race where it's only two people, if one person quits then the winner of said race should still get that win added to their record. It's unfair on the dedicated otherwise.

And sixth ~ race creation. Let us build circuits in restricted zones. If I want to build a race in the military base or airport, I should be allowed too. This may be the case for death match creation too, I don't know. I've not created any of those yet.

1. Yes

2. Random idea, why not have a tank limit, f*ck a timer. Let me give you a "for instance," OK, say you order your tank and you proceed to destroy it, ordering another tank should be disabled in your current lobby. This way unlimited griefing is kept to a minimum. If you want another tank, you'd have to switch sessions.

Plus, I hate the delivery fee on Pegasus vehicles. If I already bought it, that sh*ts mine, I'll store it myself(garage anyone :D)

3. No way I could own and fully mod 10 adders with 10 million dollars:D. In seriousness, why restrict how much cash someone has, just give players an option to decline money...problem solved. sh*t if R* is going to do something "permissibly," like take my clean Rebel, let me do something admirably and decline shared money. Anyone with hacked money after the "purge" is a cheat, but who really cares how much money someone else has...moving on.

4. Why are people obsessed with decorating(yes, I said it) their apartment?. Do you really spend that much time in there?

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

Why shouldn't they?  It's a vehicle they've bought so they have every right to use it.  I use mine to cruise about like I do in any of my cars and don't grief.  What does happen is other players see a tank and start on it or ram into it, blow up and I get the wanted level and end up in a shoot out with the cops which inevitably ends in the destruction of said tank.  So tell me how I'm being a prick for minding my own business and not griefing anyone?  If it was one of my cars that was destroyed I get it straight back.

Not every player rams tanks when they see them. I try to avoid them. There has been but a single occasion where a tank driver hasn't blown me away. All of the other times, as soon as I'm spotted driving my car, I'm toast. In your case, you're not being a prick, but there are many who are and you are of the minority.

Agreed. It was the same before though, every race I joined was either Down the Drain or that stupid Prison race. I want an actual race, not a friggin' merry go round. :(

4. Why are people obsessed with decorating(yes, I said it) their apartment?. Do you really spend that much time in there?

It is true that few people spend much time there, though (if Rockstar pulled their finger out), minigames and the like could be implemented to work there so people would spend more times in their apartments. Regardless of which, why pay such an extortionate price difference for the same?

Something else that gets my about apartments, and that's bounties. Why should players be rewarded for being a coward? Bounties should only be awarded to players who have them if they can avoid being killed. Not if they go coward in their homes.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

I liked it at the start but every time I join a quick race its the that one, everytime and then everybody votes to replay. Its boring

Yeah fair enough, every now and then is ok. Hardly see it as one you'd want a rematch at though, geez..

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Something else that gets my about apartments, and that's bounties. Why should players be rewarded for being a coward? Bounties should only be awarded to players who have them if they can avoid being killed. Not if they go coward in their homes.

They changed that a patch or two back. Timer stops while in apt or garage now. You can still hide in solo/invite/closed sessions though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users