Why do you play GTAO?

51 replies to this topic
The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Because playing by yourself is depressing? Because people like doing clan/crew matches, races, and etc? I don't see your logic. I beat the SP in a few days then went to online. Why wouldn't you? Should we just shelf the game because we beat SP? Most games are either do this or are in this direction. Like it or not. Also, how does others playing MP have any impact on you? Maybe we just like being social. There is a lot to do in this game in MP that no one gives a sh!t about on SP.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

Because playing by yourself is depressing? Because people like doing clan/crew matches, races, and etc? I don't see your logic. I beat the SP in a few days then went to online. Why wouldn't you? Should we just shelf the game because we beat SP? Most games are either do this or are in this direction. Like it or not. Also, how does others playing MP have any impact on you? Maybe we just like being social. There is a lot to do in this game in MP that no one gives a sh!t about on SP.

Depressing? Wow. I hate to see what other games you find playing alone depressing. Good god almighty, what would people do if the internet didn't exist? Ohohohoho.

meatrocket8
  • meatrocket8

stompin' neck & cashin' checks!

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Just sell your console OP.  Find a new hobby.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Why do I play GTAO?

I like the 16 player open world environment.

I like that I might run into a tank griefer even though I hate tanks.

I like that some low level person I might be trying to help might sticky bomb my car in which case I get to show him why they should be careful who they do that to.

I like the fact that I can challenge anyone to a race at any given moment in time.

I like that I can meet my tactical match and also the dumbest of the gluttons.

What I like most of all is that I can play it with my wife without her getting mad and quitting because she's getting her ass handed to her...she likes it that much, anything else she would have quit by now.

• The Angel King likes this

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Because this is still the only game that is worth playing atm. It used to be so addicting and in a way it still is, but I've been bored for awhile now...

If 1.09 disappoints me like I know it will. I think I may just break bad and try meth for the first time this coming weekend.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:16 PM Edited by The Angel King, 07 January 2014 - 04:17 PM.

Depressing? Wow. I hate to see what other games you find playing alone depressing. Good god almighty, what would people do if the internet didn't exist? Ohohohoho.

I think you missed what I was saying. Perhaps I wasn't that clear. For some people playing single player is boring after completing it. For some it's boring all together. I was not saying everyone felt this way. I was answering the O/P's question. 

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

I think you missed what I was saying. Perhaps I wasn't that clear. For some people playing single player is boring after completing it. For some it's boring all together. It was answering the O/P's question. 

Sorry I'm not very good with comprehending things. I have high functioning Autism known as Asperger's so it's kind of hard to connect with what other people are saying. Sorry If I misunderstood. Please don't feel sorry for me, it's something I deal with every day and doesn't bother me at all. I'm normal just like you and everyone else.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

i like playing video games that attract lunatics

• beat_savy_9 likes this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

I can play with my friends and do stuff I couldn't do alone in GTA V single player.

It's also your own character and story. It means that you are yourself and that your story is not already wrote.

• The Spook likes this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

OP, I tend to agree with everything you said. However, despite it's many, varied and obvious flaws and despite R* clearly being clueless as to how to make their own game work (as in being well-rounded, well thought out) it is still GTA. It still has some of what has always made GTA - what the ultimate goal of any game is - fun. Besides, there is really nothing currently out there that is even close, in my opinion anyway. Never cared for for CoD, BF or AC.

I don't play often, but I do play from time to time. I think, ultimately, most people see the HUGE potential this game and world has and, whether they consciously realize it or not, they keep playing in hopes that R* will better begin to actually utilize that potential; and they want to be around when it happens.

But R* better get their heads out of their asses soon. GTAO is going strong based more on lack of any real competition than on true merit. If watch_dogs (that is what it's called, right?) hadn't been delayed we might be seeing a very different player base right now.

• Jack Reacher likes this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Because i can

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

OP, I tend to agree with everything you said. However, despite it's many, varied and obvious flaws and despite R* clearly being clueless as to how to make their own game work (as in being well-rounded, well thought out) it is still GTA. It still has some of what has always made GTA - what the ultimate goal of any game is - fun. Besides, there is really nothing currently out there that is even close, in my opinion anyway. Never cared for for CoD, BF or AC.

I don't play often, but I do play from time to time. I think, ultimately, most people see the HUGE potential this game and world has and, whether they consciously realize it or not, they keep playing in hopes that R* will better begin to actually utilize that potential; and they want to be around when it happens.

But R* better get their heads out of their asses soon. GTAO is going strong based more on lack of any real competition than on true merit. If watch_dogs (that is what it's called, right?) hadn't been delayed we might be seeing a very different player base right now.

I like this post. Don't get me wrong the OP was just a bit of a leak of my mind, I still enjoy the game. Sometimes I just can't see a reason to pick it up, was curious as to what people wanted out of it and wasn't really looking for "cuz I enjoy it" posts that are the obvious...

Stoakzee
  • Stoakzee

Number 1 Pilot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Why do you play GTAO?

That's an easy one. Because it's funny listening to all the n00bs screaming down their mic after I've spawn killed them in my tank, that's why ;)

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I have a strange fascination with the fact that I'm able to play with people from Europe, Australia and South America all at the same time while sitting on my couch in Oregon. The fact that with those same people I can:

• enjoy a nice race 
  • a deathmatch 
  • a capture the flag style game 
  • team up with them for a survival round 
  • run around free roam doing absolutely nothing 
  • getting a Buzzard, finding who has police chasing them, kill police for them
  • play a game of golf with some hilarious people 
  • parachute down from the clouds overlooking the best map I've yet to see all while people from 6 different countries are floating down ahead/behind
  • get in a chopper with a random reindeer while dressed as a reindeer to only have him do exactly what I wanted without even asking (tank sniping using reindeer from the rooftops)
  • hearing a real person needing help and being able to help them. Much better than random instances in SP.
  • seeing a 4 star police chase blow past you, following it, and picking up a stranger from Ireland who just got his car stuck and proceeding to run from the cops with him
  • getting an entire room of people trying to break into Fort Zancudo to steal jets
  • crashing my Luxor into a fight between 3 or more other players
  • Lots and lots more stuff

I don't know what you're asking. Things are much better with real people doing random things around the city.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

I think you missed what I was saying. Perhaps I wasn't that clear. For some people playing single player is boring after completing it. For some it's boring all together. It was answering the O/P's question. 

Sorry I'm not very good with comprehending things. I have high functioning Autism known as Asperger's so it's kind of hard to connect with what other people are saying. Sorry If I misunderstood. Please don't feel sorry for me, it's something I deal with every day and doesn't bother me at all. I'm normal just like you and everyone else.

No worries. Perhaps don't be so quick to be hostile. I don't feel sorry for you, but I do feel for you. I know how sh*tty people can be and I am not cool with that. 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Because I like to hit buttons and I love cursing out annoying british 8 year olds.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

because I have friends from all over the world . Its the only place we can all get together, have a few games and good times over some drinks or a smoke. This game wouldnt be the same if you didnt have friends let alone a crew for you to have sh!ts and giggles with.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I play it and I'm still not entirely sure why. It's not exactly the best game I've ever played. I guess a lot of us are hanging on for something better.

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Really? Ugg err because we like the game. Smfh

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I play because its pretty good right now with so much potential to be awesome.

• tjor24 likes this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

To play as a girl in a GTA game.

To see the green ring turn red when I pull the trigger to the Heavy Sniper when aimed at the Tank.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Online doesn't have a nice story or any mindblowing missions but it has the basics of GTA: Driving, shooting, causing trouble and running from the super police. 3rd person shooters aren't as appealing to me but the freedom of GTA is what makes it really fun and being able to play with friends is awesome. Before the hackers there were also goals like acquiring money in various ways to purchase things. Now the game's been watered down and there isn't anything to achieve for anyone who has billions. It's really GTA 4 part 2. I'm glad I stayed out of public lobbies and avoided the gifted money.

Before online gaming was big way back on GTA:SA I used to love going to the multiplayer spot and driving around with a friend evading police as long as possible. Today we are kinda spoiled with online gaming. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users