Quantcast

» «
Photo

When was your first car accident when you were driving?

14 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

So this came to me a while back I never posted it, when did you get info your first car accident while driving (a real car or motorcycle/motor scooter ) please stay on topic

Okay so the first time I was involved in. MVA I was going home from a vintage vespa rally, I decided to stop and the 711 for a snack when I left I turned was waiting to turn out of the parking lot. The light by the drive way was red traffic was getting backed up so a couple people stoped before the drive way so as not to blocked I proceeds to turn. When a guy that was behind the cars that stopped before the drive way decideds he's going to go around the people and turn into the neighborhood whew I live. He floored his car I heard the engine rev a squeal and all of a sudden I'm on the ground the car is on my scooter
When all of a sudden he backs up and speeds off, I get myself up call the cops wait for them and the cops tell me there is nothing they can do with out a license plate number so I ride the scooter home (it was not very rideable it was only a block away. Then I went to the ER because I was on blood thinners, there is always the chance of internal bleeding after trauma to the body, thankfully any bleeding there was had stopped. So I went home put a order in for the parts that were broken they were in the next day so I fixed my scooter and went riding

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

Could you please re-read your post and correct the grammar/syntax - it's pretty hard to follow what you're saying.

OT: Never had a car accident, only some dents from driving too close to the garage sides. I was in a hurry and hearing that screechy-metal sound didn't really help me.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

I've never been in an accident or damaged my car. I've never been pulled over either. I'm a boy scout  ;)

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

There is a lot of irony in this topic. This is GTAForums, I can say that 90% of people will think themselves as badass drivers. Surely, there is a sub forum for Car discussions as well. On that note, it would be better if this was moved.

Anyways, enough of my big talk. I have driven the steering wheel of my dad's car on big highways but that also under care. As for my dad, well he's a profesional driver for 20 years now. He does tricks on his bike but his car driving is not bad either. He is very caution when reversing and rarely goes above 100kmph. But, even elites get into trouble. Few times, dad carelessly hits the sides of the car with the platforms and also has done a few hit and runs. Worst of all would be when a guy was breaking the signal and us in the rear. He escaped with a debt of 13000 rupees for fixing the car's rear.

Yeah, I don't want to deal with something messy like that.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:39 AM Edited by Werebot85, 07 January 2014 - 09:51 AM.

I've never been in a car accident, but I have damaged my mother's vehicle while I was learning to drive many years ago.

It was on the beach and I was driving my mom's Rocsta with a small trailer attached. I reversed, the trailer jack-knifed and took out the taillight lol. The trailer had massive front damage though. We all laughed so hard hahaha...

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

I've only been in one crash whilst driving on public roads. That was caused by pulling out to pass an erratically driven van in my girlfriend's company car when the van decided to turn into a hidden junction without indicating. Clipped the rear nearside of my car with a fair bit of force and sent me off through the hedge into a farmer's field. Surprisingly the car came out of it pretty well all things considered.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Never involved in any sort of accident on the road so far. The most I've done is brushed my car against walls in tight spots.

My dad was involved in one when he was learning to drive. Since I was too busy watching TV, he decided to take the car out on his own. He jump started the car, panicked when a couple of people came in front of the car, slammed the accelerator instead of the brake, swerved and went head-on onto the tree in front of our house. Hasn't driven a car since.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Ebola everywhere!

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Still waiting for my turn.

In my country, car accident is the most common death, besides suicide. Whenever I turn on the news, it often shows traffic collision.

My paternal grandfather was killed in a car accident before I was even born, so I don't know the details. I asked my dad once about it, but I was young so I don't really remember and I never really asked him again..

Also, back when my dad wasn't an expert in driving, he hit some kid that was crossing the road. It was his first accident while driving. Luckily, it wasn't fatal, so the kid survived. We even went to the hospital to visit him.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

I had a girl pull out in front of me while I was driving. Managed to slow down to about 10 or 15 mph when she pulled out, but it still f*cked up my fender and headlight. Thankfully it wasn't my fault and her insurance had to pay for it. I truly don't believe women should be allowed to drive.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:59 AM

I had a girl pull out in front of me while I was driving. Managed to slow down to about 10 or 15 mph when she pulled out, but it still f*cked up my fender and headlight. Thankfully it wasn't my fault and her insurance had to pay for it. I truly don't believe women should be allowed to drive.

I really hope you're joking about that last part.
  • epoxi likes this

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

It's an icy night in 2011, roads completely frozen over and I'm driving my FWD Mirage on summer tires (they were rock solid). I make it five miles home driving carefully and when I'm two blocks away I decided it would be fun to make a sliding e-brake turn. I make the slide but when I try to correct the car just shoots straight ahead and I end up driving into someones front lawn.

I was freaking out at this point. I had just installed a new front bumper (something I had been waiting years to purchase). Turns out the bumper survived but my splitter cracked in two. I taped it back together and was driving just fine the next day.

No other incidents other than someone backing into me at 2mph, denting part of my intercooler.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

My first accident has been my only accident so far. I pull out our block in my Corolla and start driving towards town. Now the first intersection that comes up has no traffic lights and it's rush hour. So I'm on the main road, traffic is going fine between 30-40mph. As I near the intersection, I see that there are cars waiting on both sides of the small road to turn onto the main road. Just as I go through, a Dodge Stratus suddenly shoots from my left, in an attempt to merge behind me. The driver misjudged and hit the left rear of my car pretty good. I saw it coming and tried to swerve right but it wasn't enough. One of my rims flew off during the collision and landed in the grass like 30 feet away. His insurance covered the accident and my car was repaired. They had to replace the rear bumper and rear left tire.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:41 AM Edited by Carlover325, 22 January 2014 - 08:00 AM.

I backed up into a low retaining wall that I couldn't see out the rear window.  Slightly damaged the bumper endcap on my Jeep.  Not really noticeable unless you're looking for it.  I've also ran into a curb and blew out a tire.  I've never hit another vehicle, though.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Took a van to the side once, a better part of a decade ago. Left turn on an intersection, I misread the traffic light and didn't yield. By the time I realized that I'm heading for a head-on, the best I was able to do is turn it into a glancing blow to the passenger side. A dent on my car, and minus a headlight for the van.

I've had a number of close calls over the years since then, but none of these were my fault, and I've been able to turn them into misses. I'd like to think that I've learned to be a more road-aware driver. The most recent was here, in Pittsburgh, when some a-hole cut me off on the highway on-ramp. I had to jump a paved separator, about a height of the sidewalk, to avoid rear-ending him. Left some scratches on the oil pan, but no serious damage.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:03 AM Edited by Ex Hellraiser, 22 January 2014 - 02:06 AM.

Haven't had an incident yet, after almost 2 years with my license. A wipeout in the snow, but no other cars involved, and I didn't hit anything so I wouldn't count that.

Narrowly missed a Smart Dumb Car with a dumb driver literally a couple days ago. It just started snowing like hell about 5 minutes before, and the road had gotten a coat of water. Smart Dumb stopped at the end of a driveway waiting to pull out, when a truck driving opposite of me passed the Dumb, she started to pull into the street, without looking left again (what they say every 5 minutes in driver's ed). I panic braked, so the car just locked up in a straight line, and at the last second I let off and the car yanked to the left, and just missed her. She just sat in the f*cking road, mouth agape, as I slid past. Also cut my engine off, so I had to restart it while rolling down the road.

I caught it on camera, but the video is over 35 minutes and I currently don't have any kind of software to edit it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users