Photo

If there had been a "Kill Franklin" ending "spoiler"

28 replies to this topic
gyrobot
  • gyrobot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Who would take part in the murder of Franklin, the mission is pretty much the Triad gets word that Franklin in out to kill one of them and taking the preemptive strike the triads strike a comprimise, half of the gold from Franklin's take is given to them as hush money and they will keep the rest and they will create a crime wave so bad for the FIB and Merryweather that they are going to forget about Mike and Trevor.

So what would be the general reaction from both of them and their peers?

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

If it would replace him with lamar, then maybe. But I like franklin and if I didn't get anything in return, then no...

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

it wouldnt have made sense.  aside from the long-standing gang rivalry, franklin didn't make enemies with anyone

• pilscy likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

I would want to play as Lamar if they killed Franklin.

Hell, I just wanna play as Lamar, I'd throw Franklin under the bus for that, no lie. 

• calearne likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

I would want to play as Lamar if they killed Franklin.

Hell, I just wanna play as Lamar, I'd throw Franklin under the bus for that, no lie. 

I would f*cking love to go around the streets mashing right on the D-pad calling everyone a "Niiiiiguuuh". 

My god, this needs to happen on PC. One day. One day.... 

• fac316 and KingKock like this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

Lamar is huge. What is he, 6'4"?

I could see him smacking his head on a few things that our normal protagonists have no problem with.

That being said, I think it'd be interesting. I tell you what else would be cool. A short protagonist. Next GTA have one of em be like, a hispanic guy who is 5'5." He'd be all "napoleon complex? NO MOTHERf*ckER, NOW EAT MY BULLETS"

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

Appologies OP. Not so on-topic here but it's as good a place as any.

Should have had the option to kill both Franklin and Trevor, just because I think Mike's that kind of d-bag.

If Trev had the choice, I don't think he"d betray either M or F.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

But M&T weren't forced to kill anyone...

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

No they weren't. I'm just thinking that's how it might have worked with a multi-optioned mission marker.

Some missions can be accessed by multiple characters each one resulting in a different beginning in v

This concept could be expanded to the full missions. Might make for many options and endings providing lots of replay value.

Just thinkin.

..cont

Holy snakes! That's how the sp dlc might work. It might continue from whichever ending chosen in a game save. It could have 3 different starting points allowing the continuity of the story.

Perhaps others stand in for the demised protags.

This with the inclusion of another few big heists involving picking crewmembers gives us incentive to restart the SP game again & again.

ya... Dream on Luddite

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

I think if there was gonna be a "Franklin dies" ending, it would have to be one where Franklin sacrifices himself to save Michael and Trevor. After all, option C was called "death wish".

• Luddite, matajuegos01 and Jeff Holmes like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

I think ending C should have actually followed what it's title suggests "Deathwish." Have Franklin gunned down by Merryweather soldiers, forcing Michael and Trevor to reconcile their differeneces (in a logical manner, as opposed to what we got) to avenge the death of the person who tried to save them both.
  • Luddite and matajuegos01 like this

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

The only thing Franklin added was the 'hood' aspect, and he moved to the hills.... so i could have easily killed him off, i do like his car though. T is still the man! Living out in the sticks being a general badass, that's GTA imo. Jonny and Trevor should have teamed up. Maybe we will get a prequal to why T hates the lost so much :p

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

Defeats the purpose of putting "SPOILER" in your title when you already give away the death of a protagonist.

• John Smith likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Well whatever could've been, this is one thing I think was cheaply done. I mean, having a character who never did anything consistently significant, make the biggest decision in the game? Well maybe that was the point, but it still felt cheap imho.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:43 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 07 January 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Althoug I like Frankiln it would be great for him to die as another ending (D) to see what Michael and Trevor would do to avenge his death.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

I would also like to play as Lamar, but Franklin just fits in the protagonist role better than LD does. 

Franklin keeps M&T in check. Lamar wouldn't do that.

If he was to die, it would be to save M&T, and that would make M&T sort out their differences and to want revenge against the mercs/FIB/Weston.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Lamar is huge. What is he, 6'4"?

I could see him smacking his head on a few things that our normal protagonists have no problem with.

That being said, I think it'd be interesting. I tell you what else would be cool. A short protagonist. Next GTA have one of em be like, a hispanic guy who is 5'5." He'd be all "napoleon complex? NO MOTHERf*ckER, NOW EAT MY BULLETS"

I know right my online character i created is hispanic and hes a badass

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

it wouldnt have made sense.  aside from the long-standing gang rivalry, franklin didn't make enemies with anyone

gyrobot
  • gyrobot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by gyrobot, 12 January 2014 - 05:47 AM.

Well with the Fresh Meat Mission, Cheng was rather upset that Franklin foiled his kidnapping but decides to spare the lovers in exchange for half of the gold from Franklin's take after tapping into Merryweather's servers on how they failed to stop the theft of the gold and offers Trevor and Micheal amnesty from them to compensate for the botched heist. With Franklin attempting to kill one of them, there is perfect reason for both to eliminate Franklin before he even has a chance to make a move on one of them. 

KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

I think ending C should have actually followed what it's title suggests "Deathwish." Have Franklin gunned down by Merryweather soldiers, forcing Michael and Trevor to reconcile their differeneces (in a logical manner, as opposed to what we got) to avenge the death of the person who tried to save them both.

I can imagine Franklin Talking to M and T on his Mic during the battle at the Factory Place, while he is talking you see a bullet go through his head and you switch immediately to M or T, they both go on a rage killing off all of the Merryweather Guards...After the battle, it switches to a cut scene where we see Lamar run over to his Dead friend, M and T settle their differences as all three go to kill all of the enemies (like the original end), and now instead of Franklin you take control of Lamar. Finally after the Battle, all three go back to Franklin, get his body, and give him the burial he deserves..... 

• Dbns_Finest and Jeff Holmes like this

gyrobot
  • gyrobot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:41 AM Edited by gyrobot, 13 January 2014 - 05:44 AM.

I can imagine Franklin Talking to M and T on his Mic during the battle at the Factory Place, while he is talking you see a bullet go through his head and you switch immediately to M or T, they both go on a rage killing off all of the Merryweather Guards...After the battle, it switches to a cut scene where we see Lamar run over to his Dead friend, M and T settle their differences as all three go to kill all of the enemies (like the original end), and now instead of Franklin you take control of Lamar. Finally after the Battle, all three go back to Franklin, get his body, and give him the burial he deserves..... 

The whole point of the kill the other two friends is to show how cruel the world of crime is, that the only ones that "win" are the big guys. To be able to stay at the top, you have to commit treachery on those you call friends. Franklin's death should be no different, being killed because he was even more expendable than Trevor was. Sure Trevor was insane and crazy but who would care for the death of a nobody gangbanger except maybe his load of a friend?

Franklin's death will have to be as senseless as Trevor's and Micheal's. Franklin calling out on Micheal being the one taking the easy way out again and Trevor blindly following his old buddy and provokes Trevor to try and kill Franklin as they chase him through the refinery (difficult as Franklin's driving skills are too good to beat but was no match for Trevor's firepower. Eventually cornered and badly wounded, Trev or Mike guns Franklin down in cold blood. If Mike would do it, then Trevor says he was just like who he was back in North Yankton while Trevor's execution will startle Mike as he talks about how Franklin was the real traitor all along and he deserves all he got as they go their separate ways.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

^I sorta like the idea, but franklin getting killed by M&T for trying to save them wouldn't really make sense.

gyrobot
  • gyrobot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

On the responses to Franklin's death.

Devin and Steve will be disappointed that Franklin failed and that while they would love to come and finish the job personally, the Triads have been giving them too much heat to look at them and warns them both that they better not do something to provoke them personally again. Michael acknowledges that while Trevor tells them to go f*ck off.

The Triads receive one half of Franklin's gold and acts on their word, Micheal was told to "look after his crazy boyfriend" and Trevor was told that he would be let off easy since the money should cover for most of it.

Lamar will be upset with Franklin's death, stating how he was led to his death by Mike and Trevor and hopes they never show up in Chamberlain ever again or they face the CGF, they act on their word as they will now attack Mike and Trevor on sight. Lamar is later found dead from following one of Stretch's schemes

Stretch will congratulate you for killing Franklin but still angry at Trevor and Mike for ruining the assassination of Lamar.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

link : http://imgur.com/vlYibHJ

that man is seems to be a black and his clothing resemble CJ  ( although , CJ is confirmed dead after HD universe along with many other characters )

if u look closely at his eye , trevor express sad emotion . its possible this screenshot kill franklin and R* simply suit it CJ clothes to confuse trevor kill CJ

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by THE_TREVALEV, 12 March 2014 - 01:10 PM.

I would like to have a hood focused protag. We have a rich white guy, a rich meth dealer, and a rich black guy. I still want a man motivated to get his hands dirty, and Lamar is just that. Lamar is an intimidating guy. Franklin just.. To proper. The only reason why he kills people is because I'm controlling him.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

If there was an option to kill Lamar then I might have gone with that option but I chose option C the death wish because I'd split my businesses up so they all had 1/3.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by mastershake616, 12 March 2014 - 07:58 PM.

Why would they do that, though? Looking past what how little sense it makes relative to the story, why diminish the game's shining feature (three interchangeable characters) without the player having any say whatsoever? 

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

that man is seems to be a black and his clothing resemble CJ  ( although , CJ is confirmed dead after HD universe along with many other characters )
if u look closely at his eye , trevor express sad emotion . its possible this screenshot kill franklin and R* simply suit it CJ clothes to confuse trevor kill CJ

But that guy doesn't even look black...

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

"Confirmed dead?" What?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users