Photo

Why pick a fight with a kill?

125 replies to this topic
Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

I'm not just running around picking high levels from a hat though. When you look at the stats and someone has 50-60% shooting at level 200 + then the targets pick themselves. Some report...I prefer to see if the skills match the stats and like i said...They DONT have to get mad and seek revenge. Most dont. They will shrug it off and carry on doing what they were doing. It's that ONE that feels insecure and gets all ragey to the point they MUST seek revenge. Thats the ONE i;m after.

Well that and anyone with a bounty. I'm very close to platinum with that sh*t ;)

I endorse bounty hunting, fair game.  However, the stats determination could be flawed, it could be the 200+ player simply races and never engages in fighting for example.  Granted, given the structure of the game it's more likely that 200+ player with weak skills is a cheat, but, to attack w/o provocation based on speculation can be considered wrong in some books.  What I propose is, continue with the punishment of cheats as described yet, do it in a way to avoid collateral damage as much as possible.

Exactly why...as i stated ... I make them come to me away from everyone else. I only engage people in the City around randoms if they intentionally come after me. I dont care if someone kills me. I'll respawn and get over it. But people who will try to spawn kill or grief then everyone agrees are fair game anyway. I dont care about people in tanks etc. I avoid and let the snipers take care of them unless they have a bounty then i'll go after them. It just gives me a good fun break from missions/survivals.

Still want to know who that is in your avatar.

ok, but earlier there was the mention of random bounty/mercs/muggers on 250+ players, I reject that.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WUb5JihqZZQ

Whatever gets their attention. they aint gonna travel the whole lengh of the map by sending a text message  asking :p

Also please stop with the Youtube clips. Completely asinine. I'm not asking your approval i'm simply contributing to your topic with my in-game experiences. We all play differently.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

I never got this whole "oh some person was a jerk to me so I spawn killed them until they left" sh*t. People say it like it's a badge of honour when in reality it makes you just as big a jerk.

Some people who play this game have way too much pride, don't worry just because a dude online killed you a couple of times doesn't necessarily mean he's got a bigger dick than you.

This. I love you Senor, in a very manly and non Broke back way ....when can I enter your Sultan again!. I will let you in mine...its pink 

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

ok, but earlier there was the mention of random bounty/mercs/muggers on 250+ players, I reject that.

Whatever gets their attention. they aint gonna travel the whole lengh of the map by sending a text message  asking :p

Also please stop with the Youtube clips. Completely asinine. I'm not asking your approval i'm simply contributing to your topic with my in-game experiences. We all play differently.

Forgive if my tone appeared condescending. I submit, a cleverly worded text can invoke the desired emotion and achieve results enough to warrant a whole map trip. :)

In response to the "asinine" quip, just watch the fuggin' clip jackass :p 

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:33 AM Edited by Dave Rizza, 07 January 2014 - 09:37 AM.

Forgive if my tone appeared condescending. I submit, a cleverly worded text can invoke the desired emotion and achieve results enough to warrant a whole map trip. :)

In response to the "asinine" quip, just watch the fuggin' clip jackass :p

Im no jackass. Just a bit of a jerk sometimes ;)

LOL. The penny dropped! Actually surprising

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

I never got this whole "oh some person was a jerk to me so I spawn killed them until they left" sh*t. People say it like it's a badge of honour when in reality it makes you just as big a jerk.

Some people who play this game have way too much pride, don't worry just because a dude online killed you a couple of times doesn't necessarily mean he's got a bigger dick than you.

This. I love you Senor, in a very manly and non Broke back way ....when can I enter your Sultan again!. I will let you in mine...its pink 

I love you too buddy. :) I will try to get on soon, I got a PS4 so I've been neglecting GTA for a while.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:38 AM Edited by beat_savy_9, 07 January 2014 - 09:39 AM.

It's honorable this response and I like it. Earlier I endorsed the revenge spawn killing and I still do but for the reason being, it's ability to educate players with poor attitudes in understanding there are repercussions in response to certain behaviors.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

It's honorable this response and I like it. Earlier I endorsed the revenge spawn killing and I still do but for the reason being, it's ability to educate players with poor attitudes in understanding there are repercussions in response to certain behaviors.

Complete rubbish, trolls will be trolls, all you're doing is giving them the attention they crave. If you start spawn killing them they will assume it's because "u mad", they will feel like they've succeeded and they'll leave the lobby, join a new one and start trolling somebody else. Trust me you aren't educating anybody.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

Complete rubbish, trolls will be trolls, all you're doing is giving them the attention they crave. If you start spawn killing them they will assume it's because "u mad", they will feel like they've succeeded and they'll leave the lobby, join a new one and start trolling somebody else. Trust me you aren't educating anybody.

Completely disagree. Some of the fanmail i have recieved seems to show the desired effect was achieved.

• killa_b likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

I hadn't considered that "u mad" reality.  I'm going to compromise and accept suggestions for reasonable amount of spawn kills for educational purposes.  3?

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

I never understood why people feel the need to bug high-level people.  When I used the RP glitch to rank up my 2nd character that I used for garage storage, he got all the way to the late 300s, and people were always setting bounties on me and such.

Nobody likes a Cheater!

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:16 AM Edited by CorporalBean675, 07 January 2014 - 10:17 AM.

I don't usually pick fights on my own but I have the classic "you kill me, I kill you 10 times more" motto. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I get way too distracted from what I was doing in order to keep spawn killing the dickhead who killed me a few times, just to make myself feel better lol.

• Soran Is On likes this

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

killing someone with their back turned doesnt take skill and shouldnt be considered a fight starter

unless they're a mile away and you've sniped them out of their tank/buzzard.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

I love you too buddy. :) I will try to get on soon, I got a PS4 so I've been neglecting GTA for a while.

PS f*cking WHAT!!!...how dare you man!! how dare you!! burn that sh*t!. 

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

PS4 isn't that bad, man.

/obvioussonyfan
/makeswaytoomuchunchartedreferences

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

PS4 isn't that bad, man.

/obvioussonyfan
/makeswaytoomuchunchartedreferences

I was kidding, I couldn't give a monkeys nuts what console people play. PS4 will likely be my next gen console too...

• Squirrel__Army likes this

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

If someone kills me when I have a bounty on my head, I'll kill them once and move on with my life.

It wasn't personal, just business.

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Dust.
Wind.
Dude.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

just kill every1 if you want to pick a fight

some1's bound to fight back

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

killing someone with their back turned doesnt take skill and shouldnt be considered a fight starter

shoot me in the back and run, you god damn right you got a fight on your hands...

as for OP, as a 'clean' player I never shoot first. If you want a fight drive by any 3 players, the one that shoots first dies. No need to sticky bomb randoms, that's just the kind of gta troll I won't ever turn into.

I do hit and run, and lots of times its on a incorrectly highlighted player. Which from their side makes me look like exactly the douche I'm claiming not to be. So without mics theres just lots of killing going on. Hard to say who's got what intent.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

This question is for the players who are skill oriented and at the same time not interested in ruining another player's fun or whatever.  My question is, when looking for a fight, would it be better to start one with a microphone invite, or maybe approaching other players to see if they will attack first, instead of starting a fight with a sticky to the car, or a drive by?  I'm curious because if a player has skills, surely the initiating death does not matter as it will be avenged rapidly.  Is it because if the other player flees before kill is avenged it's considered a loss? Does it have something to do with pride? please enlighten, thank you.  

The most efficient way of communicating the idea of "I want to kill you" is a bullet to the head.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:02 PM Edited by The Angel King, 07 January 2014 - 04:20 PM.

I don't really have to "find" targets. While driving around( I do this for hours sometimes) sliding around corners n such or just following the traffic laws with a few friends, I will always get guys that shoot at me as I drive past or they see me on the map and gun straight for me. I will often let people get the first kill on me just to make sure they are not just wanting to cruise around too. Once they do, I proceed to attack them non stop for x amount of time and will kill everyone that comes in a block radius. A fair warning is given of course. Sometimes I get my butt kicked by a group because of bad spawns or sometimes them being better, but I never give up and don't grab tanks unless they do. 

I have a few times gone after players with tanks because they blew up my car at mors. Why? I don't even like my car getting scratches.

• beat_savy_9 likes this

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Wait until someone attacks you first, should take around 30 seconds

I only kill people when they kill me first, then I dont feel the least bit bad when I blow up their pv and kill them over and over

Yeah, this about sums it up for me. I do my own thing 99% of the time. The other 1% is spent hunting down cowards who kill me and then run away to the other side of the map thinking I won't chase them. I do. 

• The Angel King likes this

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by killa_b, 07 January 2014 - 03:21 PM.

If everyone waited until the wait until somebody attacked you principal, there would be no killing at all! As discussed to great length before (how many threads do we need!), killing somebody is a staple in GTA. Now its not the only one, afterall the game is a sandbox, you're free to do what you want. 

This thread should just be pinned because there is too many too similar to this one. Friendly fire is constantly put forward as a valid solution (which I am all for). If the friendly fire guys want to tell the other player they want to kill them, have a deathmatch or join the PvP lobby.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

If everyone waited until the wait until somebody attacked you principal, there would be no killing at all! As discussed to great length before (how many threads do we need!), killing somebody is a staple in GTA. Now its not the only one, afterall the game is a sandbox, you're free to do what you want. 

This thread should just be pinned because there is too many too similar to this one. Friendly fire is constantly put forward as a valid solution (which I am all for). If the friendly fire guys want to tell the other player they want to kill them, have a deathmatch or join the PvP lobby.

You have a point, but this would never happen because there will always be clowns. It is like the idea of anarchy. Great in theory, but not possible.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Sticky to their car, then taunt them via text messaging.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

I totally agree, question is, why would a skilled player begin a fight with a kill w/o prior provocation?

Depends.

PvP gamer = yes

PvE gamer = no

Nailed it.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by beat_savy_9, 07 January 2014 - 04:19 PM.

To suggest nobody would fight if everybody avoided first strike is too optimistic I believe.  In my own experience, I'm attacked nearing any player pretty much without fail.

In the spirit of this thread, for skilled players who seek a challenge and not a simple revenge melee or a quick K/D point, I wonder if beginning a fight with a kill is the best course of action.  It's been stated in this thread it's most efficient to start a fight with bullets, this maybe true when amount of fights or quantity over quality is the goal, but it's ineffective if the desire is for a good skill strengthening fight in my view.

I'm not in the friendly fire off camp, even though it existed in the last iteration and many have campaigned for it, for me, it would ruin the pseudo realism.  I've campaigned for a resignation of passive mode as well for the same reason.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by MantisFang, 07 January 2014 - 05:28 PM.

:because a large majority of the people playing are punk ass no honor opportunists

that simply want the easiest kill possible.

TJCoh.gif

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

:because a large majority of the people playing are punk ass no honor opportunists

that simply want the easiest kill possible.

I require graphic imagery to fully comprehend this point please :)

• MantisFang likes this

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

If i want to pick up a fight but without ruining someones random fun i just spy the other players just to see whos the dick so i pick him
  • beat_savy_9 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users