125 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

I never really pick a target in free roam unless I'm trying to save others, like killing a tank that's spawn-killing low level players.  I'm pretty anti-social in free roam, as I don't desire to stir up trouble with others.  It's not a paranoia or anything like that, it just ruins my mood.  If I want to shoot people, that's what deathmatch is for, which is why I really want a friendly free roam, so I can get into antics with randoms without having to risk being forced to exact revenge and such.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

I never really pick a target in free roam unless I'm trying to save others, like killing a tank that's spawn-killing low level players.  I'm pretty anti-social in free roam, as I don't desire to stir up trouble with others.  It's not a paranoia or anything like that, it just ruins my mood.  If I want to shoot people, that's what deathmatch is for, which is why I really want a friendly free roam, so I can get into antics with randoms without having to risk being forced to exact revenge and such.

I can relate, but rather then a friendly free roam, I'd prefer a hard consequences free roam, for example, kill an unarmed player, massive NPC retaliation that wont end until player's death, something like that.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:15 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 07 January 2014 - 08:15 AM.

I can relate, but rather then a friendly free roam, I'd prefer a hard consequences free roam, for example, kill an unarmed player, massive NPC retaliation that wont end until player's death, something like that.

Yeah I remember you mentioning a penalty for killing someone in passive.  I forgot what the exact penalty you crafted was, but it was good.  I'd love to use passive mode more, but it's completely useless unless you're saving yourself from being spawn-killed by a tank.

A forum member here made a thread with an idea for passive mode that I've always thought of.  When you go passive, you basically have the properties of a ghost.  Bullets merely go through you, and you go through other players.  So NO possible damage can be done to you, and no damage can be dealt while in passive.  Also have it that no possible police attention can be gained in passive, or simply make it where you're a ghost ONLY to other players.  So, you can go on a police rampage in passive, and if someone tries to run you over, they just go right through you.

Not sure if that idea would work though.  I'd have to think it completely through, as that sub-idea I literally just came up with right now :D

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

A forum member here made a thread with an idea for passive mode that I've always thought of.  When you go passive, you basically have the properties of a ghost.  Bullets merely go through you, and you go through other players.  So NO possible damage can be done to you, and no damage can be dealt while in passive.  Also have it that no possible police attention can be gained in passive, or simply make it where you're a ghost ONLY to other players.  So, you can go on a police rampage in passive, and if someone tries to run you over, they just go right through you.

Not sure if that idea would work though.  I'd have to think it completely through, as that sub-idea I literally just came up with right now :D

Yes, I remember that post, I'm not really in the ghost mode camp but I certainly understand the appeal.  The sub idea sounds original to me :)

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

Why pick a fight with a kill? Why not just try a little harder and eventually you could get a little bit closer, you are tantalised by the idea and you realize its what you have wanted the whole time. Its something you thought you read before but you never really understood until you read it here, it all sorta fit into place as some kind of pseudo sugar coated ramble and yet at the same time there was a sense of truth about it. It kept circling in on itself without ever really revealing itself, it kept itself one step ahead of the eye and always stayed out of sight until you finally realize that it all began right at the start.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Why pick a fight with a kill? Why not just try a little harder and eventually you could get a little bit closer, you are tantalised by the idea and you realize its what you have wanted the whole time. Its something you thought you read before but you never really understood until you read it here, it all sorta fit into place as some kind of pseudo sugar coated ramble and yet at the same time there was a sense of truth about it. It kept circling in on itself without ever really revealing itself, it kept itself one step ahead of the eye and always stayed out of sight until you finally realize that it all began right at the start.

the study of poetry is a win in my opinion

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

I just drive around and wait till the bullets start flying :) always be prepared for bullets
  • beat_savy_9 likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

I never understood why people feel the need to bug high-level people.  When I used the RP glitch to rank up my 2nd character that I used for garage storage, he got all the way to the late 300s, and people were always setting bounties on me and such.

You answered your own question. You cheated therefore you are fair game.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:31 AM

I just drive around and wait till the bullets start flying :) always be prepared for bullets

Thats a horrible way of looking at it. You should be trying to drive through the bullets and wait just until they have taken off after you. This is where you slide back into the gap between where you should go, where they think you should go, and how you should go about it. At the end of the day its not even the numbers that matter, but how you managed to twist their sight of what happened into something much more twisted.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

...You cheated therefore you are fair game....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TMmNDU1Mrig

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Players who cheat have a better grasp of life than most people who play normally.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

I'm all for live and let live, but if I'm looking for a fight and there is some action up by eclipse or somewhere else, anybody near by or that appears to be in the fight is fair game.  Even if that means introducing myself with bullets.

Alternatively, if I see a level 250+, I generally pick on them by sending mugger/mercs/bounty.  Then I proceed to go kill them as much as I can.  Not the greatest threat in the world, but pretty easy to separate skilled players from the non.  Usually results in a good brawl.

I agree with shooting at combatants, even if they are not targeting me when looking for a fight, but I'd like more clarification on the mercs for 250+, is it simply justice for flaunting a bloated level?

Ive found myself recently picking fights with anyone over 120 for fun by going to a nice empty area like sandy Shores or paleto and just sending mercs/mugger/place bounty. If they want to fight they will come. If not then ill target the next one.

Or ill deliberately get a bounty near my hideout spot in Sandy Shores and wait for the enevitable bounty hunters to come get me. Not only do most not even know where i am they also have a pre organised 3 star wanted level to deal with while looking for me. I will however be ready if someone does know how to find me with shotgun plus well placed sticky bombs. Usually though i just sit there watching as they try lobbing nades etc and getting decimated by cops over and over then give up.

I can appreciate the enjoyment that comes from witnessing futile attacks, but I frown upon the random bounty/mercs/mugger procedure.  It seems to me, picking a fight can be more rewarding by baiting a combatant with a simple text message or something else more personal.

Why? I pick my targets based on their level and the fact that the stats dont match. Basically cheats. Fair game. They dont have to come fight either but i want them too. I want to annoy them till they leave. Most will go straight for a tank after realizing they cant win considering they have the skill of a level 5 against a legit 60+ ( plus my previous character was 55). Once they get the tank ive already won and ill finish them off at my leisure till they leave.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

I'm all for live and let live, but if I'm looking for a fight and there is some action up by eclipse or somewhere else, anybody near by or that appears to be in the fight is fair game.  Even if that means introducing myself with bullets.

Alternatively, if I see a level 250+, I generally pick on them by sending mugger/mercs/bounty.  Then I proceed to go kill them as much as I can.  Not the greatest threat in the world, but pretty easy to separate skilled players from the non.  Usually results in a good brawl.

I agree with shooting at combatants, even if they are not targeting me when looking for a fight, but I'd like more clarification on the mercs for 250+, is it simply justice for flaunting a bloated level?

Ive found myself recently picking fights with anyone over 120 for fun by going to a nice empty area like sandy Shores or paleto and just sending mercs/mugger/place bounty. If they want to fight they will come. If not then ill target the next one.

Or ill deliberately get a bounty near my hideout spot in Sandy Shores and wait for the enevitable bounty hunters to come get me. Not only do most not even know where i am they also have a pre organised 3 star wanted level to deal with while looking for me. I will however be ready if someone does know how to find me with shotgun plus well placed sticky bombs. Usually though i just sit there watching as they try lobbing nades etc and getting decimated by cops over and over then give up.

I can appreciate the enjoyment that comes from witnessing futile attacks, but I frown upon the random bounty/mercs/mugger procedure.  It seems to me, picking a fight can be more rewarding by baiting a combatant with a simple text message or something else more personal.

Why? I pick my targets based on their level and the fact that the stats dont match. Basically cheats. Fair game. They dont have to come fight either but i want them too. I want to annoy them till they leave. Most will go straight for a tank after realizing they cant win considering they have the skill of a level 5 against a legit 60+ ( plus my previous character was 55). Once they get the tank ive already won and ill finish them off at my leisure till they leave.

But that has nothing to do with your intrinsic skill, you are simply doing what every other polygon would have done in your situation.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

But that has nothing to do with your intrinsic skill, you are simply doing what every other polygon would have done in your situation.

Nope. Most other polygons would run in head first. Pointless. I'll make them come to me wanting to kill me then have the battle on my terms. Ill let their rage and insecurities be their own downfall. Kinda fun playing with them till they all get reset  :)

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Nope. Most other polygons would run in head first. Pointless. I'll make them come to me wanting to kill me then have the battle on my terms. Ill let their rage and insecurities be their own downfall. Kinda fun playing with them till they all get reset   :)

But thats just completely and utterly pointless.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

I pick my targets based on their level and the fact that the stats dont match. Basically cheats. Fair game. They dont have to come fight either but i want them too. I want to annoy them till they leave. Most will go straight for a tank after realizing they cant win considering they have the skill of a level 5 against a legit 60+ ( plus my previous character was 55). Once they get the tank ive already won and ill finish them off at my leisure till they leave.

I have no problem with administering justice, it's somewhat admirable in my opinion.  However, sometimes the evidence is misleading and can be incorrect, despite one's best efforts.  So, with all good intentions, one may be still committing an offense in my view.  Rather then baiting the accused with a direct assault (bounty/mercs/mugger), maybe a more subtle approach can deliver the same results without the risk.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

So its ok for them to run around in tanks with there cheated levels killing anyone but its not ok to make them mad and lure them away for a little lesson?

Keep thinking that....Just keep thinking that....

I pick my targets based on their level and the fact that the stats dont match. Basically cheats. Fair game. They dont have to come fight either but i want them too. I want to annoy them till they leave. Most will go straight for a tank after realizing they cant win considering they have the skill of a level 5 against a legit 60+ ( plus my previous character was 55). Once they get the tank ive already won and ill finish them off at my leisure till they leave.

I have no problem with administering justice, it's somewhat admirable in my opinion.  However, sometimes the evidence is misleading and can be incorrect, despite one's best efforts.  So, with all good intentions, one may be still committing an offense in my view.  Rather then baiting the accused with a direct assault (bounty/mercs/mugger), maybe a more subtle approach can deliver the same results without the risk.

I appreciate your views. I'm not just running around picking high levels from a hat though. When you look at the stats and someone has 50-60% shooting at level 200 + then the targets pick themselves. Some report...I prefer to see if the skills match the stats and like i said...They DONT have to get mad and seek revenge. Most dont. They will shrug it off and carry on doing what they were doing. It's that ONE that feels insecure and gets all ragey to the point they MUST seek revenge. Thats the ONE i;m after.

Well that and anyone with a bounty. I'm very close to platinum with that sh*t ;)

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

So its ok for them to run around in tanks with there cheated levels killing anyone but its not ok to make them mad and lure them away for a little lesson?

I appreciate your views. I'm not just running around picking high levels from a hat though. When you look at the stats and someone has 50-60% shooting at level 200 + then the targets pick themselves. Some report...I prefer to see if the skills match the stats and like i said...They DONT have to get mad and seek revenge. Most dont. They will shrug it off and carry on doing what they were doing. It's that ONE that feels insecure and gets all ragey to the point they MUST seek revenge. Thats the ONE i;m after.

Well that and anyone with a bounty. I'm very close to platinum with that sh*t ;)

Why are you after those guys?

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Oh and who in the heck is that in your avatar? 

Why not? We all like a good old rumble now and again. This aint a daily/every session kinda thing. I'm not just going to start picking fights for no reason. people who cheat ARE FAIR GAME! seriously....f*ck cheats...

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Oh and who in the heck is that in your avatar? 

Why not? We all like a good old rumble now and again. This aint a daily/every session kinda thing. I'm not just going to start picking fights for no reason. people who cheat ARE FAIR GAME! seriously....f*ck cheats...

I don't know why not, but I would like to know why.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

I would like to know why you would like to know why.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

Because knowledge at that level is more interesting than whatever the f*ck you were rambling about before.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

I'm not just running around picking high levels from a hat though. When you look at the stats and someone has 50-60% shooting at level 200 + then the targets pick themselves. Some report...I prefer to see if the skills match the stats and like i said...They DONT have to get mad and seek revenge. Most dont. They will shrug it off and carry on doing what they were doing. It's that ONE that feels insecure and gets all ragey to the point they MUST seek revenge. Thats the ONE i;m after.

I endorse bounty hunting, fair game.  However, the stats determination could be flawed, it could be the 200+ player simply races and never engages in fighting for example.  Granted, given the structure of the game it's more likely that 200+ player with weak skills is a cheat, but, to attack w/o provocation based on speculation can be considered wrong in some books.  What I propose is, continue with the punishment of cheats as described yet, do it in a way to avoid collateral damage as much as possible.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

I'm not just running around picking high levels from a hat though. When you look at the stats and someone has 50-60% shooting at level 200 + then the targets pick themselves. Some report...I prefer to see if the skills match the stats and like i said...They DONT have to get mad and seek revenge. Most dont. They will shrug it off and carry on doing what they were doing. It's that ONE that feels insecure and gets all ragey to the point they MUST seek revenge. Thats the ONE i;m after.

I endorse bounty hunting, fair game.  However, the stats determination could be flawed, it could be the 200+ player simply races and never engages in fighting for example.  Granted, given the structure of the game it's more likely that 200+ player with weak skills is a cheat, but, to attack w/o provocation based on speculation can be considered wrong in some books.  What I propose is, continue with the punishment of cheats as described yet, do it in a way to avoid collateral damage as much as possible.

Exactly why...as i stated ... I make them come to me away from everyone else. I only engage people in the City around randoms if they intentionally come after me. I dont care if someone kills me. I'll respawn and get over it. But people who will try to spawn kill or grief then everyone agrees are fair game anyway. I dont care about people in tanks etc. I avoid and let the snipers take care of them unless they have a bounty then i'll go after them. It just gives me a good fun break from missions/survivals.

Still want to know who that is in your avatar.

Because knowledge at that level is more interesting than whatever the f*ck you were rambling about before.

The fact that you instantly dismiss reasons already given and have to continue questioning everything tells me that perhaps you are not ready for that knowledge. 

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

Exactly why...as i stated ... I make them come to me away from everyone else. I only engage people in the City around randoms if they intentionally come after me. I dont care if someone kills me. I'll respawn and get over it. But people who will try to spawn kill or grief then everyone agrees are fair game anyway. I dont care about people in tanks etc. I avoid and let the snipers take care of them unless they have a bounty then i'll go after them. It just gives me a good fun break from missions/survivals.

The fact that you instantly dismiss reasons already given and have to continue questioning everything tells me that perhaps you are not ready for that knowledge. 

Why don't you just tell me and let time decide.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

ok, but earlier there was the mention of random bounty/mercs/muggers on 250+ players, I reject that.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WUb5JihqZZQ

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

ill kill who ever is near me because i trust no one. and also because you wont catch me in my adder

anybody shopping around me will get trapped in said store and killed upon exit

any player standing still will be slaughtered with the bumper of my adder

any player riding with 2 or more people will be destroyed from sticky bombs

any player randomly following me will be fired upon

your really not safe around me

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

I never got this whole "oh some person was a jerk to me so I spawn killed them until they left" sh*t. People say it like it's a badge of honour when in reality it makes you just as big a jerk.

Some people who play this game have way too much pride, don't worry just because a dude online killed you a couple of times doesn't necessarily mean he's got a bigger dick than you.

• johnwontscore and dannybohy like this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

ill kill who ever is near me because i trust no one. and also because you wont catch me in my adder

anybody shopping around me will get trapped in said store and killed upon exit

any player standing still will be slaughtered with the bumper of my adder

any player riding with 2 or more people will be destroyed from sticky bombs

any player randomly following me will be fired upon

your really not safe around me

Rascal!

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

No kill on me go unanswered, especially if I was posing no threat.

Like, if you kill me as I'm exiting a clothes store, for no reason you bet your ass you're getting spawn-killed into oblivion.  

If someone kills me when I have a bounty on my head, I'll kill them once and move on with my life.

Such a lady badass! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users