Photo

Why pick a fight with a kill?

125 replies to this topic
beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:36 AM

This question is for the players who are skill oriented and at the same time not interested in ruining another player's fun or whatever.  My question is, when looking for a fight, would it be better to start one with a microphone invite, or maybe approaching other players to see if they will attack first, instead of starting a fight with a sticky to the car, or a drive by?  I'm curious because if a player has skills, surely the initiating death does not matter as it will be avenged rapidly.  Is it because if the other player flees before kill is avenged it's considered a loss? Does it have something to do with pride? please enlighten, thank you.  

• TheIllaDopest likes this

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

killing someone with their back turned doesnt take skill and shouldnt be considered a fight starter
  • Barry Spock and PkUnzipper like this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

killing someone with their back turned doesnt take skill and shouldnt be considered a fight starter

I totally agree, question is, why would a skilled player begin a fight with a kill w/o prior provocation?

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

I totally agree, question is, why would a skilled player begin a fight with a kill w/o prior provocation?

Trolling usually. Bored high levels do this all the time. I see them coming in their adders and sticky bombs ready out the windur...here we go again.

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

well i would say just because they want to kill everyone, what do you mean by "fight"?

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

Trolling usually. Bored high levels do this all the time. I see them coming in their adders and sticky bombs ready out the windur...here we go again.

I agree, I'm wondering, if the player is skilled, why troll when it's unnecessary, it just seems more satisfying to me if I give the other player the opportunity to attack me, then I can justifiably dish out some humble pie.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

No kill on me go unanswered, especially if I was posing no threat.

Like, if you kill me as I'm exiting a clothes store, for no reason you bet your ass you're getting spawn-killed into oblivion.  

If someone kills me when I have a bounty on my head, I'll kill them once and move on with my life.

• Yogogamer likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

Depends.

PvP gamer = yes

PvE gamer = no

• StewNorth likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:54 AM

well i would say just because they want to kill everyone, what do you mean by "fight"?

"fight" = Looking for a PvP exchange in free roam.  I have having trouble understanding the kill everyone concept for players who focus on skills.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

I guess you mean provoking them to fight back, or to start it?

Well you know, principles. You can't say you started the fight, and therefore griefing was done in self-defense. You can say that you were just joking around on the mic, and the guy was overly sensitive.

It's more of coming out as the better man, combat-wise and morally.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

Like, if you kill me as I'm exiting a clothes store, for no reason you bet your ass you're getting spawn-killed into oblivion.  

If someone kills me when I have a bounty on my head, I'll kill them once and move on with my life.

Personally, if a player can claim a bounty on me, I consider that fair play, I don't bother retaliation, same if I'm killed for a simeon car.  But unprovoked attack, that certainly warrants revenge, no doubt.

Well you know, principles. You can't say you started the fight, and therefore griefing was done in self-defense. You can say that you were just joking around on the mic, and the guy was overly sensitive.

The scenario is, I'm looking to find a competitive FR DM match.  I don't know who is good and who is bad, I roll up on some player, provoke them with a shotgun to the face.  If they don't fight back, I move on, what was the point of that is my question?  Surely if the other player was looking for a fight too, I would have been attacked before I got my first shot off no?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

Personally, if a player can claim a bounty on me, I consider that fair play, I don't bother retaliation, same if I'm killed for a simeon car.  But unprovoked attack, that certainly warrants revenge, no doubt.

It is fair play, which is why I only kill them once.  I can't swallow my pride and move on D:

• CorporalBean675, Yogogamer and beat_savy_9 like this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

It is fair play, which is why I only kill them once.  I can't swallow my pride and move on D:

I like when people admit to vices :)

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:10 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 07 January 2014 - 06:12 AM.

The scenario is, I'm looking to find a competitive FR DM match.  I don't know who is good and who is bad, I roll up on some player, provoke them with a shotgun to the face.  If they don't fight back, I move on, what was the point of that is my question?  Surely if the other player was looking for a fight too, I would have been attacked before I got my first shot off no?

The common thing to do is fight back. Like I said, provoke a fight. Most people wouldn't dare start a fight, but would get into one if provoked.

Personally, I'll never get into a fight, but you know. Almost everyone will.

EDIT: My vice is impromptu races. You crazy peeps need better vices. Or race my Sultan. I'll do you a favor and keep it on the street so that my off-road tires aren't beneficial.

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

I kill everyone in freeroam from rank 1-1000... I don't care. Yeah, I'm bad like that.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

If I get killed, the sole purpose of my existence is to avenge my death. I am usually successful, at least with the weapons a level 113 has. If the fool is fool enough to come at me with either a car or on foot, I kill him for self-defense.

But no, I don't spawn-kill anyone unless I am annoyed to the person trying to kill me and only me and trying to ruin my fun - so I ruin his/hers.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

I kill everyone in freeroam from rank 1-1000... I don't care. Yeah, I'm bad like that.

Fair enough, however, if the player is unarmed, in passive mode, or just driving by nonchalantly, still same procedure?

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

Fair enough, however, if the player is unarmed, in passive mode, or just driving by nonchalantly, still same procedure?

Always. Passive mode, run them over.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:33 AM Edited by TreFacTor, 07 January 2014 - 06:33 AM.

It depends on the session really. If I join a session and everyone is 150 or above, I attack anyone I see (My characters 158-148). If it's a lobby of low level players I only attack those who shoot at me....funny enough the low level players like to gang up on the highest level person in the room....this leads to a lot of people leaving with hurt feelings and bruised ego's. Gotta love their bravado though.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:33 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 07 January 2014 - 06:34 AM.

It depends on the session really. If I join a session and everyone is 150 or above, I attack anyone I see (Two characters 158-148). If it's a lobby of low level players I only attack those who shoot at me....funny enough the low level players like to gang up on the highest level person in the room....this leads to a lot of people leaving with hurt feelings and bruised ego's. Gotta love their bravado though.

"United we stand, together we fall!"

• TreFacTor likes this

tolkaNo
  • tolkaNo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

Wait until someone attacks you first, should take around 30 seconds

I only kill people when they kill me first, then I dont feel the least bit bad when I blow up their pv and kill them over and over

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

It depends on the session really. If I join a session and everyone is 150 or above, I attack anyone I see (My characters 158-148). If it's a lobby of low level players I only attack those who shoot at me....funny enough the low level players like to gang up on the highest level person in the room....this leads to a lot of people leaving with hurt feelings and bruised ego's. Gotta love their bravado though.

ok, why? I want to understand, if I'm a level 150, I can expect to be attacked, correct?

rascal :)

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

Your Passive Mode has no power here. When you first appear in your vehicle, you're dead. Thanks to the Passive Mode not working in vehicles. :)

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Wait until someone attacks you first, should take around 30 seconds

I only kill people when they kill me first, then I dont feel the least bit bad when I blow up their pv and kill them over and over

I realize this may be controversial considering this is basically spawn killing but, I endorse this behavior.  Spawn killing after the fact is fair game in my opinion.  I'd like to add, not only should the player behaving this way not feel remorse, rather, that player should feel justified.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Ive found myself recently picking fights with anyone over 120 for fun by going to a nice empty area like sandy Shores or paleto and just sending mercs/mugger/place bounty. If they want to fight they will come. If not then ill target the next one.

Or ill deliberately get a bounty near my hideout spot in Sandy Shores and wait for the enevitable bounty hunters to come get me. Not only do most not even know where i am they also have a pre organised 3 star wanted level to deal with while looking for me. I will however be ready if someone does know how to find me with shotgun plus well placed sticky bombs. Usually though i just sit there watching as they try lobbing nades etc and getting decimated by cops over and over then give up.

s1xty7
  • s1xty7

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:20 AM Edited by s1xty7, 07 January 2014 - 07:23 AM.

I'm all for live and let live, but if I'm looking for a fight and there is some action up by eclipse or somewhere else, anybody near by or that appears to be in the fight is fair game.  Even if that means introducing myself with bullets.

Alternatively, if I see a level 250+, I generally pick on them by sending mugger/mercs/bounty.  Then I proceed to go kill them as much as I can.  Not the greatest threat in the world, but pretty easy to separate skilled players from the non.  Usually results in a good brawl.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

I'm all for live and let live, but if I'm looking for a fight and there is some action up by eclipse or somewhere else, anybody near by or that appears to be in the fight is fair game.  Even if that means introducing myself with bullets.

Alternatively, if I see a level 250+, I generally pick on them by sending mugger/mercs/bounty.  Then I proceed to go kill them as much as I can.  Not the greatest threat in the world, but pretty easy to separate skilled players from the non.  Usually results in a good brawl.

I agree with shooting at combatants, even if they are not targeting me when looking for a fight, but I'd like more clarification on the mercs for 250+, is it simply justice for flaunting a bloated level?

Ive found myself recently picking fights with anyone over 120 for fun by going to a nice empty area like sandy Shores or paleto and just sending mercs/mugger/place bounty. If they want to fight they will come. If not then ill target the next one.

Or ill deliberately get a bounty near my hideout spot in Sandy Shores and wait for the enevitable bounty hunters to come get me. Not only do most not even know where i am they also have a pre organised 3 star wanted level to deal with while looking for me. I will however be ready if someone does know how to find me with shotgun plus well placed sticky bombs. Usually though i just sit there watching as they try lobbing nades etc and getting decimated by cops over and over then give up.

I can appreciate the enjoyment that comes from witnessing futile attacks, but I frown upon the random bounty/mercs/mugger procedure.  It seems to me, picking a fight can be more rewarding by baiting a combatant with a simple text message or something else more personal.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

I never understood why people feel the need to bug high-level people.  When I used the RP glitch to rank up my 2nd character that I used for garage storage, he got all the way to the late 300s, and people were always setting bounties on me and such.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

I never understood why people feel the need to bug high-level people.  When I used the RP glitch to rank up my 2nd character that I used for garage storage, he got all the way to the late 300s, and people were always setting bounties on me and such.

I can agree actually, it's as if the level boost was just too much of a temptation to resist, especially when player has limited patience for the so called legit play style hours of grinding to unlock achievements.  I would say however that more often the allure of terminator mode was probably the determining factor and in those cases, justice seems warranted in my opinion.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

Same reason why high-levels bug us low-levels.

"No reason."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users