Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar should leave the bounty scandal items and money alone.

74 replies to this topic
DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

No, they should take away all money, poperty, cars and pegasus vehicles then give us back our legit earned money.

masterconch87
  • masterconch87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

they should put in more than one playstyle.

i dont give two sh*t's about earning money, i have a job where i earn money.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

am30 - please stop posting like you speak for the majority. You don't. 

Your attitude really truly sucks and it's absolutely ridiculous to tell another member of the same forum to "play the game".

Everybody is here because we "play the game".

I totally miss my Rat Loader and it was f*cking bullsh*t they took that away.

#RIPRatLoader

But yes, please tell me about how grown up you are and how you have a job. I was really impressed by that!

I actually do speak for a lot of people on the money issue as can be seen by what I've read others say on here and other sites.  I don't care the slightest what you think of my attitude.  You are nothing but a bunch of words written by some random one of thousands of forums.  Clearly I am a good bit more grown up than you as I can actually have a discussion without having to insult someone.  Try it sometime.  You might achieve something.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

I don't think they have the kind of detailed records of every transaction y'all think they do.
Having the money gives me the advantage of being able to help other players in a way I couldn't before. It makes it quite enjoyable.
In battles my character still gets her a$$ kicked most of the time. Money can't solve that at all.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

The problem with this hacked money is that people who get it usually don't want it and people who do spend a considerable amount and are under R*'s watch list. I personally wouldn't mind a few million dollars but I think that I should play to deserve it in missions. I don't buy armor and get most of my ammo from survival pickups. Other than car mods, I don't have any real big expenses.

And that's understandable, I really don't need 3 billion. But at the same time, I shouldn't be victimized because I killed someone that had a bounty on them. That's the point of the bounty system, to claim money. I'll agree it's ill gotten money in a sense. But everything I have shouldn't be taken away based off a exploit I had very little control over. And like I said when I do missions I give away about half my earrings to the lowest level. I just don't believe that those of us who still play as allowed should be judged based on players who went open season with billions of dollars.

how was it an exploit you had little control over?!?!  you had the choice to take that bounty knowing how much it  was .  until recently i stopped taking all bounties to avoid  getting billions dumped on me and to avoid getting in trouble .  you chose  to take that money by going after that bounty . you sir have no sympathy from me since you took part in a money glitching scheme
I think I get him though. You can't exactly tell how much is the bounty on this person if you just entered. It could be just a measly 1k for all he knew, really.

Happened to me. I'm new to this forum and the only thing I check in SC is my Snapmatic. I didn't become aware of this until I loaded some bounty in LSC, and even then I legitimately thought you can do million-dollar bounties if you're a high enough level.

EDIT: what I really want is all these cash gone. It's dirty money. Every time I see it, I feel guilty. I even reported myself to Rockstar so they'd take it off but I guess they didn't bother or whatever.

Although I'm not losing the Tailgater. It's not even a buyable car, let alone a common car.

thats no excuse , everyone knew at that time that most bounties were for sh*t loads of money .  and i think he posted that he knew how much the bounty was for 

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:12 PM Edited by doggy-86_, 07 January 2014 - 03:13 PM.

Oh, sorry wrong thread :p

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

He knew because he got more than the 9K. It's not like bounties don't tell you how much you get right after.

Not everyone knew, really. If you played literally everyday, definitely. You should have ran into someone just getting marked with a high bounty. If he plays every other week though? Doubt it. You wouldn't know anything's wrong until you hit a bounty, especially if you happen to be in a lobby with a few people.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

I just say delete everyones bank accounts and leave everyone a million bucks. Drop the prices of everything in the game to match what it is in SP. 25k for a paint job? Come on. Since the payouts of missions is such crap, the need for constant grinding wouldn't be such a burden. 

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

He knew because he got more than the 9K. It's not like bounties don't tell you how much you get right after.

Not everyone knew, really. If you played literally everyday, definitely. You should have ran into someone just getting marked with a high bounty. If he plays every other week though? Doubt it. You wouldn't know anything's wrong until you hit a bounty, especially if you happen to be in a lobby with a few people.

he posts on this board regularly he knows that for awhile a vast majority of bounties were for sh*t loads of money . so he knew what he was doing with that bounty when he took it

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

Don't be a TUNA

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'm one of those jerks who has a real job, and I'm willing to shell out a few bucks from a paycheck in order to save myself grinding for GTA money.

I do race a lot in order to level up and upgrade my cars, which I don't find repetitive.  It also brings in a lot of extra money, which no longer matters in the game.

I spent $80 to buy a bunch of GTA money.  Not long after that, glitched GTA money started appearing in my bank, and most everyone else's, by the sound of it.

So these hackers have basically stolen 80 real dollars from me.

How will R* rectify this?

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

I'm one of those jerks who has a real job, and I'm willing to shell out a few bucks from a paycheck in order to save myself grinding for GTA money.

I do race a lot in order to level up and upgrade my cars, which I don't find repetitive.  It also brings in a lot of extra money, which no longer matters in the game.

I spent $80 to buy a bunch of GTA money.  Not long after that, glitched GTA money started appearing in my bank, and most everyone else's, by the sound of it.

hopefully by removing that glitched money from our accounts . 

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Again. The most you can receive in a legit transaction is the highest shark card.

So if a transaction more then that is found in the database, delete it.

Hopefully this is way rockstar does.

sonsie22
  • sonsie22

Gundis

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

You're all a pack of assholes. The only difference I noticed after receiving my billions of dollars is, I can't tell that the entire amount is even decreasing.

None the less though there's really not that much of an advantage. Sure I could mix and match with every single colour when painting my adder, spend millions fully upgrading cars and install an ignition bomb then leave it on the street for some theiving barstard and I could even take my Newley purchased "Dump" for a drive down Vespucci beach.

If you tbelieve that this truely puts you at a disadvantage towards these players and that your gameplay is completely ruined because of this, then you sir, have some minor issues.

To the bitches who just seem to be whining like, well, little sissy bitches, grow up.
Let me break it down nice and simple. If you've been playing since onlines launch date (3 months) and for some reason that you DONT own a tank and you're above level 70? That just means you have not been playing the game as well / as much / as hard as others!
Just invade that you've forgotten, WE ALL STARTED from nothing. You guys don't have a freaking clue what it is like to have billions so stop acting like it is completely unfair.
We still grind missions like a motherfucjer so we can rank uplike the rest of you broke ass clowns. The legitimate money earned during those solid sessions of grinding will most definitely be an equal amount to what we've already spent.

Anyway I always get a headache trying to wrap these up. Up ya f*cking asses what's happened has happened. Instead of rockstars staff *presumably* working hard to fix these things and wasting a f*ck load of time, they could've developed some new fresh sh*t that will make everyone happy. But no, bitches be bitches. Look what happens when you all complain. You're all In fact to blame for the game being ruined in my eyes.

Up ya asses
Peace

sonsie22
  • sonsie22

Gundis

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Well that's one over dramatic way of looking at things, they most certainly didn't actually save you any money that you would've possibly spent in the future now did they?' No of course not they ficking stole it from ya didn't they? Bloody pricks

Jetstream Fox
  • Jetstream Fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

How has anyone stolen money from you? Your purchased money is still there plus the gifted exploited money. It would make sense if you bought the money and woke one day played gta, got killed and lost every penny. Gifted money has no real monetary value, same with money earned from missions, robbing convenient stores, selling cars or claiming bounties. The only people in a sense (and that's stretching it) is Rockstar simply because they wanted you to use microtransactions to buy things instead of play for it.

Again I'm not advocating cheating but it just doesn't make sense to play a game grind 40+ missions to get about 100,000+ still not have enough for hardly anything or fully upgraded. There isn't any fun in playing a broken rpg with a horrendous grinding curve and that's all gta online was until this exploit. Force grinding is bad game design that severely limits game play, same for microtransactions want everything early? Ok 50 bucks. Now enjoy not having anything to do. So again I still don't see a problem with players claiming a bounty or simply having ot gifted. It's in a sense a free microtransaction.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

How has anyone stolen money from you? Your purchased money is still there plus the gifted exploited money. It would make sense if you bought the money and woke one day played gta, got killed and lost every penny. Gifted money has no real monetary value, same with money earned from missions, robbing convenient stores, selling cars or claiming bounties. The only people in a sense (and that's stretching it) is Rockstar simply because they wanted you to use microtransactions to buy things instead of play for it.

Again I'm not advocating cheating but it just doesn't make sense to play a game grind 40+ missions to get about 100,000+ still not have enough for hardly anything or fully upgraded. There isn't any fun in playing a broken rpg with a horrendous grinding curve and that's all gta online was until this exploit. Force grinding is bad game design that severely limits game play, same for microtransactions want everything early? Ok 50 bucks. Now enjoy not having anything to do. So again I still don't see a problem with players claiming a bounty or simply having ot gifted. It's in a sense a free microtransaction.

spending 50 bucks and buying everything early is not good because it leaves you nothing to do but getting gifted hundreds of millions to hundreds of billions and getting everything and having nothing to really do is good?!  please tell me how the hell that makes any sense

• Jetstream Fox likes this

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

Don't be a TUNA

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Well that's one over dramatic way of looking at things, they most certainly didn't actually save you any money that you would've possibly spent in the future now did they?' No of course not they ficking stole it from ya didn't they? Bloody pricks

Semantics.

The $80 was to allow me to load my garage with top-stat vehicles and run all upgrades ASAP to help win races to allow more upgrades while leveling up.  Without having to take long breaks to steal and resell cars every 48 minutes etc.

The $80 race advantage was nullified when money became meaningless, hence robbing me of $80 worth of enjoyment over the folks who might not normally have completely upgraded, top-stat cars.

A real life example could be:

You go to a car stereo shop and the sales guy says it will be a few hours before they can do your install.  You give the guy a $50 bill and are magically moved to the front of the line.

I pay to be a drama queen. ;-)

Jetstream Fox
  • Jetstream Fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

spending 50 bucks and buying everything early is not good because it leaves you nothing to do but getting gifted hundreds of millions to hundreds of billions and getting everything and having nothing to really do is good?!  please tell me how the hell that makes any sense

I never said it was good. Like I said a million times I don't agree with cheating. Buying everything or having it gifted takes away from the game as a whole. Ya I was gifted a billion bought every car and upgraded it, but it doesn't hurt your experience. He may have bought a million in game and bought one car fully upgraded and guess what? He has the same experience as me, we both have great cars. Mine just might be faster then his, not a game breaking issue. Then it turns out he gets gifted a billion and can do the same as I did. So I still don't see the problem with gifted money of obscene amounts. The money doesn't impact game play, you still need to grind your stats and rank just to unlock weapons and armor. Money doesn't buy that.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

I never said it was good. Like I said a million times I don't agree with cheating. Buying everything or having it gifted takes away from the game as a whole. Ya I was gifted a billion bought every car and upgraded it, but it doesn't hurt your experience. He may have bought a million in game and bought one car fully upgraded and guess what? He has the same experience as me, we both have great cars. Mine just might be faster then his, not a game breaking issue. Then it turns out he gets gifted a billion and can do the same as I did. So I still don't see the problem with gifted money of obscene amounts. The money doesn't impact game play, you still need to grind your stats and rank just to unlock weapons and armor. Money doesn't buy that.

yeah but having little money gives you more things to do . noone goes after crates or high import vehicles anymore. right now i much rather have less than 5 mill than have the 2.6 bill that i currently have

Jetstream Fox
  • Jetstream Fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

yeah but having little money gives you more things to do . noone goes after crates or high import vehicles anymore. right now i much rather have less than 5 mill than have the 2.6 bill that i currently have

I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't need 2 billion either. But the money isn't why not a soul goes for the cars or crates. It's really the players fault, I go for crates on occasion and even got a minigun from it and that's about 60 more levels for me to unlock, but mostly it's just rp and money in them. The cars are a hassle, lose the cops, pay money to repaint it, don't damage it and you get between 5-12,000. But you never know what the payout is and the moment you collect there's that jerk who kills you and gets about 10% of what you should have earned.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

Don't be a TUNA

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

It will be very interesting to see what will happen to everyone's bank accounts, garages, apartments, etc when the next patch comes out. If anything at all.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:33 PM Edited by Malibu454, 07 January 2014 - 07:42 PM.

I vote they do nothing
It would be too complicated to remove just the modded money.
And if they remove more it would certainly piss off a lot of people.
If you have the money share it. (Modded Cars, choppers tanks etc) I never have a problem helping some one in the game or lending out my equipment so others can have fun, get revenge, or just go out on an all out stress relieving, ass kicking Rampage!!!
Working together makes the game fun.
They'll always be dickheads playing online, with the money or not. So y'all have to deal with it..

2MuchSWAG4You
  • 2MuchSWAG4You

The Ultimate Troll

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

If they remove the money, no one will play Online again.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

most people dont care about losing the money though

• Grimase likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by Malibu454, 07 January 2014 - 08:21 PM.

I highly doubt that.
Take a poll. It won't be accurate though because most people that play the game online don't post in this thread on this forum.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I highly doubt that.
Take a poll. It won't be accurate though because most people that play the game online don't post in this thread on this forum.

i highly doubt most people would stop playing if they lost their money

Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

I won't play, not now that I see how fun it is with money for a change... I'm not grinding out 3-4 missions just for a paint job, it's stupid. I like that I can buy some random car pimp it out for fun and go do it again.

Grimase
  • Grimase

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

I love the $$ dont get me wrong but its not that important to me. If they take all the cash i will just keep doing what i been doing since and befre i got the $$. Missions, survivals and some races. No big change for me.

I play the game to have fun, having tons of cash is fun but the game was also fun without it.

What will be, will be. I'll keep playing either way, so long as i have bullets in my gun i gunna shoot that mofo..

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

I love the $$ dont get me wrong but its not that important to me. If they take all the cash i will just keep doing what i been doing since and befre i got the $$. Missions, survivals and some races. No big change for me.

I play the game to have fun, having tons of cash is fun but the game was also fun without it.

What will be, will be. I'll keep playing either way, so long as i have bullets in my gun i gunna shoot that mofo..

agreed . i already modded all my cars that i am gonna mod for awhile so the only thing i need money for is ammo 

Koronin737
  • Koronin737

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

I started 2 weeks ago and only know a world where everyone on every session I jump into is super rich. It takes a while to get good jobs missions etc... going as most times freeroam pvp is what most are doing. Getting a crew helped some. Its going to be weird playing in a non broken economy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users