Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar should leave the bounty scandal items and money alone.

74 replies to this topic
Jetstream Fox
  • Jetstream Fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Hear me out for a moment on this topic. We all those of us who claimed a billion bounty on either accident or on purpose to have riches are well in doubt enjoying the game. And yes I know, those that didn't get the opportunity or asked to be reset are very much at a disadvantage. But the bounties actually brought back a sense of fun to the game. In GTA 4 we didn't have money you had access to everything right away, noose tanks, helicopters and heavy weapons were all ready to be picked up for our enjoyment. Now in GTA 5 we must play missions for low payout or even reduced payout to make try and make this game enjoyable.

A typical mission would be like this. Buy ammo and armor use about 25% of the payout, upgrade car use about 50%, buy health items use about 5%. Granted I'm estimating here but I would burn through money in this game due to having my life being in danger because of other players. Yes, I could have used passive mode, but that was 100 dollars to use until recently. Now with the bounty money I have I don't need to stress about anything in this game, I still play all the missions, I mess around with people respectful in freemode and even at times give away my share of money from missions. The bounties have made me a much more nice player and revived my faith in this game, faith that was dwindling very rapidly after the payout cuts, lack of jobs online and highly overpriced houses, cars and weapons.

Now what I think Rockstar should do. Instead of taking all of it away, take half of it, in order to claim a bounty you actually have to play therefore you still get to keep some of the money for following the game rules and leeway for Rockstar letting this happen. Reduce the price of everything old in game by 50-75%. Put a spending limit on players who had bounty scandal money on a real time schedule. And release new content of cars, houses and weapons. This would make those that didn't receive a scandal payout a chance to obtain the original items at a fair price, while allowing those who have a restricted spending limit a opportunity to work toward new items but not able to flood the game with a massive amount of money. Thoughts on this?

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

The problem with this hacked money is that people who get it usually don't want it and people who do spend a considerable amount and are under R*'s watch list. I personally wouldn't mind a few million dollars but I think that I should play to deserve it in missions. I don't buy armor and get most of my ammo from survival pickups. Other than car mods, I don't have any real big expenses.

• Jetstream Fox likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:23 AM Edited by Malibu454, 07 January 2014 - 12:24 AM.

My Character is enjoying the f*cking hell out of the money!

She hit the damn lottery!

I mod every car I see. If you want a few 85k cars and your on xbox let me know.

Sharing is Caring :santa:

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

i only spend my money on ammo and car upgrades for myself .  although i want to buy that black jet soon

Jetstream Fox
  • Jetstream Fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

The problem with this hacked money is that people who get it usually don't want it and people who do spend a considerable amount and are under R*'s watch list. I personally wouldn't mind a few million dollars but I think that I should play to deserve it in missions. I don't buy armor and get most of my ammo from survival pickups. Other than car mods, I don't have any real big expenses.

And that's understandable, I really don't need 3 billion. But at the same time, I shouldn't be victimized because I killed someone that had a bounty on them. That's the point of the bounty system, to claim money. I'll agree it's ill gotten money in a sense. But everything I have shouldn't be taken away based off a exploit I had very little control over. And like I said when I do missions I give away about half my earrings to the lowest level. I just don't believe that those of us who still play as allowed should be judged based on players who went open season with billions of dollars.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

And that's understandable, I really don't need 3 billion. But at the same time, I shouldn't be victimized because I killed someone that had a bounty on them. That's the point of the bounty system, to claim money. I'll agree it's ill gotten money in a sense. But everything I have shouldn't be taken away based off a exploit I had very little control over. And like I said when I do missions I give away about half my earrings to the lowest level. I just don't believe that those of us who still play as allowed should be judged based on players who went open season with billions of dollars.

how was it an exploit you had little control over?!?!  you had the choice to take that bounty knowing how much it  was .  until recently i stopped taking all bounties to avoid  getting billions dumped on me and to avoid getting in trouble .  you chose  to take that money by going after that bounty . you sir have no sympathy from me since you took part in a money glitching scheme

• Jetstream Fox likes this

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Well, now that DNS is patched, I'm not getting a Cheetah and Stinger GT any time soon.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

Well, now that DNS is patched, I'm not getting a Cheetah and Stinger GT any time soon.

i got a stinger legit but then i got rid of it to buy a z type . i bought the z type with some of the billions people gave me

Coheed1986
  • Coheed1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

Me personally. I want to get rid of it all. Including the stuff people bought with dirty money. Then introduce a couple of new cars/helis etc. Then, top it off with a new 500k stimulus package. Take all back to "scratch" then a boost. The best outcome as i see it in this time of reverse financial crisis.

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:25 AM Edited by PromKing, 07 January 2014 - 01:30 AM.

how about all of those of us the didn't cheat/glitch and buy ourselves tanks?

even if players were given the money through gifting or bounties, the player still spent all the money to give himself an unfair advantage in free-roam... receiving the money wont lead to being banned... willfully spending it all and collecting it repeatedly will

it's like players claiming to not know how their leveled up so fast after participating in glitch races, but then as soon as they have the high rank and get a huge sum of money they buy themselves a tank and trash everyone in the lobby and still expect to be considered an innocent victim after they go from rank 35 to 200+ in half an hour

"Rockstar should just leave everything alone because I have everything and other people don't" ... that's a great suggestion

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:27 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 07 January 2014 - 01:30 AM.

how was it an exploit you had little control over?!?!  you had the choice to take that bounty knowing how much it  was .  until recently i stopped taking all bounties to avoid  getting billions dumped on me and to avoid getting in trouble .  you chose  to take that money by going after that bounty . you sir have no sympathy from me since you took part in a money glitching scheme
I think I get him though. You can't exactly tell how much is the bounty on this person if you just entered. It could be just a measly 1k for all he knew, really.

Happened to me. I'm new to this forum and the only thing I check in SC is my Snapmatic. I didn't become aware of this until I loaded some bounty in LSC, and even then I legitimately thought you can do million-dollar bounties if you're a high enough level.

EDIT: what I really want is all these cash gone. It's dirty money. Every time I see it, I feel guilty. I even reported myself to Rockstar so they'd take it off but I guess they didn't bother or whatever.

Although I'm not losing the Tailgater. It's not even a buyable car, let alone a common car.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

The gifted cash made the game enjoyable again.  No more counting bullets on missions.  I'll have done more missions after I became rich than before because I can afford to.

• kilopm likes this

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

The gifted cash made the game enjoyable again.  No more counting bullets on missions.  I'll have done more missions after I became rich than before because I can afford to.

that's because it gave you an unfair advantage over everyone else

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

I would have R* remove everyone's money and give another stimulus pack.

Jetstream Fox
  • Jetstream Fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

I didn't ask for my first exploited bounty. I was playing Pier Pressure with lower levels in my crew. After completing it we spawned by Geralds where a player had amassed the bounty during our time in the mission. We aren't always notified of the bounty amount or who placed it. If you join a free mode with preexisting bounties you don't get any indication of the amount. That's what happened in my case, we got shot at first and defended ourselves. I didn't have any control over my spawn, the bounty amount or the marked players actions. Believe what you want but not every player who's received a exploited bounty went after it by choice, some had to make a decision between getting killed or defending themselves.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

No it didn't and I'd like to see you try and explain how it does.  You have no idea how I play the game so you claiming it gives me an unfair advantage is quite ludicrous in the extreme.  I've already explained why I like having the cash I've been gifted.  It was a very short explaination but was clearly too long as you didn't read it.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

Not really. Most rooms are full of people infinitely killing eachother since they can afford to keep wasting ammo and dying...

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

Not really. Most rooms are full of people infinitely killing eachother since they can afford to keep wasting ammo and dying...

Exactly.  It levelled the playing field to an extent.

jrmass
  • jrmass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

everything you all are talking about is fine and dandy. referring to collecting bounties blah blah blah. but there were many such as myself that were tossed into the cheaters pool for receiving money that we were not even able to decline. a person claimed a bounty shared it with the whole lobby and a few days later like many others woke up with a dunce cap. i have been trying for three weeks to get r* to put me back in and get rid of my one month ban yet have not even gotten a msg back from them. so please dont tell me that everyone should keep there money i was completely legit until that happened and havent even put my cd in since.

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

"Exactly.  It levelled the playing field to an extent."

it can't level the playing field when you have more money than other players, and can buy as much ammo as you wanted without "having to count bullets" besides buying whatever car, upgrades etc. you wanted

if i have to explain how having billions more dollars than other players is an advantage you need to think about it

the argument that hackers trashing servers over the christmas holidays (because the stupid mod-space car and ratty truck were removed from garages) was a good thing isn't even worth further comment... 

kid should be thankful if he doesn't get tossed into the cheaters pool... good luck in free-roam on equal terms with everyone else

• Psycholoons likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

it can't level the playing field when you have more money than other players, and can buy as much ammo as you wanted without "having to count bullets" besides buying whatever car, upgrades etc. you wanted

if i have to explain how having billions more dollars than other players is an advantage you need to think about it

the argument that hackers trashing servers over the christmas holidays (because the stupid mod-space car and ratty truck were removed from garages) was a good thing isn't even worth further comment... 

kid should be thankful if he doesn't get tossed into the cheaters pool... good luck in free-roam on equal terms with everyone else

Well it did and you'd know that if you'd ever played the game.  Also, playing the game would have allowed you to see that pretty much everyone is stinking rich to varying degrees!  So pretty much everyone can afford the cars they want, the apartment the want, the weapons they want and no one has to count how many bullets their using for fear of bankrupting themselves.  it not at all difficult to understand.

I couldn't give a sh!t about rat loaders or space dockers.  Never had either nor did I want either.  I'm not a kid, I'm an adult who has to work for a living.  So there is limited time for playing GTA O.  Gifted cash helped in that respect as well as I can't sit 24/7 playing online.

Play the game before commenting next time.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:27 AM

am30 - please stop posting like you speak for the majority. You don't. 

Your attitude really truly sucks and it's absolutely ridiculous to tell another member of the same forum to "play the game".

Everybody is here because we "play the game".

I totally miss my Rat Loader and it was f*cking bullsh*t they took that away.

#RIPRatLoader

But yes, please tell me about how grown up you are and how you have a job. I was really impressed by that!

kansasdude
  • kansasdude

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

I don't have to worry about anything, I play solo mode so don't have to worry about a$$holes killing me right as I go online public, don't have to worry about hackers giving me all that money...........i'd rather earn the money myself (If I wanted to earn lots of money, I'd play single player, easy enough to make money in SP)

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

I'm a selfish asshole. I want to keep my millions. =P

jrmass
  • jrmass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

it isnt the "millions" they are after. it is the billions. i have someone on my list who told me he has 82 billion. i mean seriously? why? realistically a person could do everything they wanted if they had between 20-40 million. it isnt that hard to make money doing missions simply call for your buzzard and save yourself the bullets; if you are really that hard up for the money.

Jem450R
  • Jem450R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

If they take my money away I simply won't play gta online anymore. I have a thing called a job... And a life... And a wife... It's nice being able to just get on and have fun, not grind 30+ missions to get some money. Kind of fun to have cars ect I wouldnt have ever had because I can spend 50 hrs a week on my Xbox. Bad enough I won't ever unlock everything in the game as I believe ranking up takes too long.

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:31 AM Edited by PromKing, 07 January 2014 - 10:31 AM.

If they take my money away I simply won't play gta online anymore. I have a thing called a job... And a life... And a wife... It's nice being able to just get on and have fun, not grind 30+ missions to get some money. Kind of fun to have cars ect I wouldnt have ever had because I can spend 50 hrs a week on my Xbox. Bad enough I won't ever unlock everything in the game as I believe ranking up takes too long.

what a jerk

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

Well it did and you'd know that if you'd ever played the game.  Also, playing the game would have allowed you to see that pretty much everyone is stinking rich to varying degrees!  So pretty much everyone can afford the cars they want, the apartment the want, the weapons they want and no one has to count how many bullets their using for fear of bankrupting themselves.  it not at all difficult to understand.

I couldn't give a sh!t about rat loaders or space dockers.  Never had either nor did I want either.  I'm not a kid, I'm an adult who has to work for a living.  So there is limited time for playing GTA O.  Gifted cash helped in that respect as well as I can't sit 24/7 playing online.

Play the game before commenting next time.

another jerk

we can compare stats if you really want to, but since i've played straight up and avoided gifted money and glitch ranking boosting, while you didn't, the comparison wouldn't mean anything.

i've played the game for real... you've only played with hacked money and illegitimate rank boosting, so maybe you should play the game before you start insulting people on the forum in a post where you wanted to defending the hacking

go back to "your job" and leave the rest of us alone... kid

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

"I'm an adult who has to work for a living." - am30 1/06/14

... also translates into "I suck"

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta