Photo

How About a 'Food & Drink' Sub-Forum?

6 replies to this topic
Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

This is something I've been meaning to suggest for some time now. Another forum I've been a member for quite a while has very similar sub-forums to those of GTAF, but one that's missing here that's quite popular on my other board, is a category dedicated to the subject in the title.

We all eat and drink right? I think it would prove quite popular, and would be a place where the numerous food + drink-related threads that pop up in Gen Chat could go.

Good idea? Or absolutely ridiculous "go die in a gas chamber" suggestion? What d'you think?

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

I'd kinda like it, I don't think it's a bad idea. But I'm sure a post explaining why it won't be done will come up soon.

• StormerBoy and Lucchese like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:56 PM Edited by Raavi, 06 January 2014 - 10:58 PM.

I'm on the fence about this one. It's true that we've seen an influx of food-related threads (*cough* ever since theadmiral joined), which I gladly read through, contribute to and take ideas from. But to have a whole section dedicated to food and drinks, how alluring it mind sound - I'm not so sure if it would work, nor if there really is a need for it as single threads in Gen Chat have worked out well so far. However it of course could always be test-run, but that is something for the higher ups to decide. To be honest I don't see it coming to fruition anytime soon. But who knows..

• StormerBoy likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

I believe this was brought up before and they chose to just keep food talk in Gen Chat. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

I don't think it's a "if you build it, they will come" situation, more like the opposite.

That said, there's been experimentation with topic tags, and an official "cooking" tag could be fun. It'll also help us track whether or not a subforum is necessary.

• Tyler, Joe Chip, Raavi and 2 others like this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Well if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I just feel this particular subject would be just as popular as sports discussion or vehicle talk. I have no clue on forum design, so I don't know how simple or difficult it would be to set up a trial run, but I certainly think it would be good idea to test out.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

I like the idea, but can't help but feel all of it can just be in the Off-Topic section. I don't know if a section dedicated to only food would hold it's own ground well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users