Photo

MTF are better then Tommy Vercetti

86 replies to this topic
iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:29 AM Edited by GankThis110, 07 January 2014 - 02:29 AM.

When you think about it, the III era protags were really quite under-developed. Pretty shallow. Tommy was just a guy who tried to get rich, there's basically no story to Vice City, it's basically just an orgy of cocaine fueled money making.

Michael is just a has been who ratted out his crew and bitches about his family.

Trevor is psychotic

Franklin is for the CJ fan boys.

Tommy, well, Tommy just didn't gaf.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

When you think about it, the III era protags were really quite under-developed. Pretty shallow. Tommy was just a guy who tried to get rich, there's basically no story to Vice City, it's basically just an orgy of cocaine fueled money making. 

I disagree on so many levels.  

Victor Vance alone probably has more depth than any of the GTA protagonists.

• matajuegos01 likes this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Ironically, he has no votes in the "Choose your favorite protagonist" thread. Poor guy.

• DeafMetal, d nice and matajuegos01 like this

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Tommy is basically Tony Montana only less awesome. That whole game was like a videogame version of Scarface. The last mission was a shameless ripoff.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Tommy has always been the weakest protag for me. There's nothing sympathetic about him, which makes him very hard to relate to. He's just a bellowing psychopath and playing as him isn't fun.

Plus, he's a really weak pastiche of Scarface and other dull movie stereotypes. It's no wonder Ray Liotta distanced himself from the project afterwards. Screaming and shouting your way through a script can't be much fun, and the dialogue he had to scream and shout was pretty weak. It's because of this that I've only ever completed VC once. I've played countless hours of end-game, but he's such a one dimensional character that I just don't want to hear him. 

Basically, a protag needs to be entertaining and fun to play as, otherwise it's a chore. That's why I really can't be bothered with Michael now. He turns into a dull, repetitive, up-his-own arse wanker - Tommy was that right from the outset. Sure, he's a 'badass', but that doesn't count for much when you can't stand to hear him talk.

Hands down, to this day, the mute is KING. Claude, we need you back, now more than ever. 

• Zodape likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

....That's why I really can't be bothered with Michael now. He turns into a dull, repetitive, up-his-own arse wanker

^^This to the power of over 9000.

I have a fondness for many of the GTA characters, but Michael just bored me with his whining, and the fact that he'd betrayed his partners at the beginning of the game, leading to one of them getting killed - don't even get me started.

I'm a Trevor fan, and if you don't like it then I suggest to refer to some of his quotes to see how little I care.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:20 PM Edited by Osho, 07 January 2014 - 12:21 PM.

Why do people always pick Vice City or Tommy Vercetti to include in comparisons?

Isn't that enough of a strong point that makes them still so popular to bitch about?

We have reached to GTA V but still the past games make their presence feel in either bad or good way and Tommy Vercetti was actually the most loved character for it's time (basically for me). 

Logic won't win him awards but emotions do and that matters for the fans in every game be it GTA or some other games.

• Tashan and Furry_Monkey like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Logic won't win him awards but emotions do 

Here's a list of Tommy V's emotions:

Rage

Ok, so now that's out of the way... 

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:23 PM Edited by JustRob, 07 January 2014 - 12:23 PM.

....That's why I really can't be bothered with Michael now. He turns into a dull, repetitive, up-his-own arse wanker

I have a fondness for many of the GTA characters, but Michael just bored me with his whining, and the fact that he'd betrayed his partners at the beginning of the game, leading to one of them getting killed - don't even get me started.

I'm a Trevor fan, and if you don't like it then I suggest to refer to some of his quotes to see how little I care.

Maybe you should try to put yourself in Michael's shoes before you judge. Michael had a wife and a child to think about. Trevor had nothing to lose, and so always kept aspiring for more and more money, more robberies. Michael wanted out. He may have done it in an unconventional way, but no lasting damage occured. Yeah, Brad died. But why does Trevor care about him so much? According to Lester, he hadn't been with them for that long and he was a complete asshole.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Lamar

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

Maybe you should try to put yourself in Michael's shoes before you judge. Michael had a wife and a child to think about. Trevor had nothing to lose, and so always kept aspiring for more and more money, more robberies. Michael wanted out. He may have done it in an unconventional way, but no lasting damage occured. Yeah, Brad died. But why does Trevor care about him so much? According to Lester, he hadn't been with them for that long and he was a complete asshole.

Post game, Trevor actually admits that Brad was an asshole, and that he probably would've killed him at some point anyway. I wonder if Trevor only started liking Brad after Norton started pretending to be him.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Logic won't win him awards but emotions do 

Here's a list of Tommy V's emotions:

Rage

Ok, so now that's out of the way... 

I bet if they remake Vice city and ever release it as the next title GTA 6 you will actually see it in RAGE.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Who knows. All I know is Trevor is too hung up on the whole thing. Did Michael sell out Trevor? No, he did not. Trevor got away, exactly as Michael wanted. Yeah, okay, he made Trevor think he was dead. It was a dickish thing to do. But he didn't do it out of self interest, he did it for his family.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:27 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 07 January 2014 - 02:28 PM.

You compared three protagonists with different personalities to one guy.

Your opinion is invalid Kindled, because you're you 

I can't argue with that opinion.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

What I loved about Tommy V was he never bitched and moaned about doing illegal, dangerous things like the protags after him (Esp Vic Vance). He was what he referred himself too at the end, a psycho. Why would we want Tommy V to have depth? like having a family (hated Michaels) kids (again hated it), Franklin if anyone has no depth and is more or less a background character after T comes into the story. Trevor At least doesn't put on airs like the other two and fully embraces his psychotic side.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

The topic should have been Tommy Vercetti, CJ and Niko are better than MTFC
  • latigreblue likes this

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

That sarcastic asshole you all have grown to love.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

No, Tommy Vercetti is way better than any of those. 

• fac316 likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

They all suck. Victor Vance was taking care of strangers's babies and sh*t
  • TheStranger_NL likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

The topic should have been Tommy Vercetti, CJ and Niko are better than MTFC

It should have been called 'I'm starting this thread so that people can have more dumbf*ck arguments about trivial things that just don't freaking well matter in life.'

But I think that exceeds the character limit in the title field. 

• Officer Ronson likes this

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Who knows. All I know is Trevor is too hung up on the whole thing. Did Michael sell out Trevor? No, he did not. Trevor got away, exactly as Michael wanted. Yeah, okay, he made Trevor think he was dead. It was a dickish thing to do. But he didn't do it out of self interest, he did it for his family.

yes, he did sell out trevor actually. In the prologue mission, trevor was the one who was supposed to be shot but brad got in the way. Micheal wanted trevor dead and brad in prison.

• fac316 likes this

Dan001
  • Dan001

Hello

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

It's amazing how such a simple concept can so work so well, isn't it??

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

yes, he did sell out trevor actually. In the prologue mission, trevor was the one who was supposed to be shot but brad got in the way. Micheal wanted trevor dead and brad in prison.

I thought Michael was just supposed to be shot, and the others were supposed to walk, at least thats what I thought, but either way Mike did Trev the dirtiest of anybody that you can say b/c they were as they said, "best friends",

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:26 PM Edited by 2281, 07 January 2014 - 04:31 PM.

Tommy is usually, considered to be the most popular gta protagonist...more so then CJ etc...

but the thing is Michael, Franklin and Trevor are all better characters then Tommy

especially Michael... who probably is the best gta protagonist to date

Why the f*ck is this guy still allowed to post here?

This thread is a train wreck in the making. 

@Greenrock

Because he was voiced by Ray Liotta and he built an empire out of nowhere ala Scarface style (Basically the whole storyline was a mix of Scarface and Miami vice). Thats what makes him popular, other than that he has no real atributes.

He can't even swim nor block attacks, and jesus his running....

if anything its between Michael and Niko...

isnt it general consensus on gta forums that Michael is the most popular gta 5 character

No, it's a fact you pulled out of your ass. I've seen just as many threads about Franklin and Trevor.

• Midnight Hitman likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Well I'm glad it turned out that way, because it worked out brilliantly for me. Vercetti gang brrrrraaaaaapp !!

• Midnight Hitman likes this

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

That sarcastic asshole you all have grown to love.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Ok, if Vercetti sucks, you cant deny Claude rocks,

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

John Marston would just Dead Eye every GTA protag.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 07 January 2014 - 08:39 PM.

Tommy is usually, considered to be the most popular gta protagonist...more so then CJ etc...

but the thing is Michael, Franklin and Trevor are all better characters then Tommy

especially Michael... who probably is the best gta protagonist to date

michael imo is one of the worst characters ever made for a video game, he's a self loathing piece of sh*t to me

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Michael, Franklin and Trevor are all better characters then Tommy

Yes, yes, and no. 

Michael and Trevor are definitely better than Tommy, but Franklin isn't, in my opinion. 

What I ever really liked about Tommy is that he runs around a paradise-style city wearing a hawaiian shirt and shooting up the place. I do the same thing now with Michael, but he has a more interesting backstory...and Trevor.. Trevor is probably the most interesting/insane character I've ever played as. 

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

It all comes down to personal preference.

Precisely. Around 90% of the forumers here, though aren't mature enough to understand this.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:40 AM

Vic was worse than Niko lol He was basically the lovechildof CJ and Niko if they raised him to be flamboyant. He was pretty badass, but HE NEVER f*ckING WANTED TO DO ANYTHING ON EVERY SINGLE f*ckING MISSION lol Yet he always ended up doing it anyway. I mean, even Niko didn't protest at every freaking cutscene.

And I think a lot of you guys are missing the point: people like Tommy BECAUSE he wasn't sympathetic. He's a psycho and he knows he's a psycho, he kills because he WANTS to kill, he's not a hypocrite about it. Ofc, there's also the fact that he's voiced by Ray Liotta. The reason a lot of people, myself included, didn't like Niko, Vic, or CJ was because they would say one thing and then turn around and do the opposite and we were supposed to buy that. Characters like Tommy and Trevor, on the other hand, embrace that. They don't give a f*ck. Did I mention Ray Liotta?

• TheOtherRyan and Zodape like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users