Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's your opinion on how to run tank shifts?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

Poll: Tank Shifts (52 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the best way to organize tank shifts?

1. Google Doc (5 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

2. Group texts (3 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

3. Skype (7 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

4. XBOX Party (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

5. XBOX Messages (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Just mics (5 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

7. Other (please explain) (26 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote
am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by am30, 08 January 2014 - 07:50 PM.

So you're looking to have a couple people in several servers f**king about in tanks.  You and your ilk give legitimate non-griefing tank owners a bad name.

dont see what the difference is between running our tank shifts vs the LSC car meet ups, the maze bank roof stuff, the coast to coast sunday rides, etc....

Please tell me you are not being serious.

Tanks are used blow stuff up and for the most part ruin the lobby for everyone else as most tankers cannot seem to control their destructive urges.  Everything else you describe is harmless and taken as a bit of fun by all.

maybe if you explain what a Tank Shift is you'd get a better response.

• Timely likes this

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

Why are you reading this?

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

oh give the guy a break!....hes having a bit of fun in the game,trying to organise something and all you twats are giving him sh*t!.....at least hes having a laugh,thats what the game is all about....ENJOYMENT!

THANK YOU. I find it intersting that pplayers are quik to denounce tank shifts but dont see any answer as to whats wrong with it vs. the LSC meet ups and the coast-to-coast rides, the maze bank rooftop stuff, etc....... first rockstar takes away some of the truly intersting stuff like modded tanks and turbo and rapidfire on them.... i miss my pink tank with blue smoke and turbo. *sigh*

NRmy8Mg.jpg

It's not that were giving him sh*t for a stupid idea, which it is, but because he failed to realize that no one knows what hes talking about. Its like a company making an advertisement and then forgetting to put the product in the commercial.

IMO OP should be shot. We don't need a gay tank parade, every lobby is a parade of tanks.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Yeah f this idea. You're not the tank mafia settling scores to prevent wars. You're just going to cause problems for everyone and we're not going to support you.
  • God-eater and xonic like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

oh give the guy a break!....hes having a bit of fun in the game,trying to organise something and all you twats are giving him sh*t!.....at least hes having a laugh,thats what the game is all about....ENJOYMENT!

THANK YOU. I find it intersting that pplayers are quik to denounce tank shifts but dont see any answer as to whats wrong with it vs. the LSC meet ups and the coast-to-coast rides, the maze bank rooftop stuff, etc....... first rockstar takes away some of the truly intersting stuff like modded tanks and turbo and rapidfire on them.... i miss my pink tank with blue smoke and turbo. *sigh*

NRmy8Mg.jpg

It's not that were giving him sh*t for a stupid idea, which it is, but because he failed to realize that no one knows what hes talking about. Its like a company making an advertisement and then forgetting to put the product in the commercial.

IMO OP should be shot. We don't need a gay tank parade, every lobby is a parade of tanks.

its pretty much running shifts and patrolling LS, mostly. sometimes exands to other parts of the map, but mostly the city. we schedule and have two people running tanks up and down the streets. first it started to protect LSC from doing the car glitch, but now doing stuff like protecting guys getting griefed in 1v1 DMs, or blocking up the streets like we saw a group of 5 or 6 bhatis doing donuts near Wezel. nobody could get thru so we cleared that out. its basically the same idea/concept of crews..... just teaming up to do stuff. some do jet skis, some do zancudo stuff, we run tanks shifts.

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

NRmy8Mg.jpg

its pretty much running shifts and patrolling LS, mostly. sometimes exands to other parts of the map, but mostly the city. we schedule and have two people running tanks up and down the streets. first it started to protect LSC from doing the car glitch, but now doing stuff like protecting guys getting griefed in 1v1 DMs, or blocking up the streets like we saw a group of 5 or 6 bhatis doing donuts near Wezel. nobody could get thru so we cleared that out. its basically the same idea/concept of crews..... just teaming up to do stuff. some do jet skis, some do zancudo stuff, we run tanks shifts.

Oh my God this is so funny. And what is even more funny is I can't tell for sure if you are serous or not. Its f*cking hilarious either way.

• God-eater likes this

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

So you're self appointed police aka bullies who stop other players going about their business and playing their game.

You gots to get a job, a girl and a life outside GTA O.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

You need a job as a mall cop. Not a real cop, a mall cop. You could never hack it on the force. You'd be that mall cop that carries a fake gun to try and show dominance to all those punk teen skaters who smoke butts within 20 feet of the mall. You'd be the first to run if anything serious went down. You might even be such a loser you'd come in and patrol the mall in civvy clothes just so you could say you were there if anything went down. You and your followers(if any) are scum.
  • StormerBoy and sadpandamakeup like this

plnkfloydian
  • plnkfloydian

|ATHF|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

What does said shift pay
  • NuklerGhost101838 likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

So. You "patrol" the streets, looking for people having fun and then you proceed to ruin it?

The last thing a group of Batis doing cookies in an intersection need is a tank to blow them away. And people doing a 1v1 really don't want you to f*ck around with them. 

You're an ass. You made this topic to show that you're an ass. You own a tank and you must let everyone know that. 

Tell me what shift you're on and I'll make sure you don't shift at all that night. 

• UnicornAssassin and Timely like this

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

Op should post their gamertag.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Op should post their gamertag.

lol - agreed - do those of us who don't want to play your way the courtesy of never meeting you. 

Or, to let everyone know how to find you and maybe give some organised resistance - you know, an actual fight instead of you and some mates ganking a bunch of disparate, unsuspecting players who weren't actively hunting you down. 

I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed at the lengths griefers will go to to justify their assholery. "Protecting the LSC" - lol, lol, and lol again. 

• Timely likes this

notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Yeah f this idea. You're not the tank mafia settling scores to prevent wars. You're just going to cause problems for everyone and we're not going to support you.

tank mafia lmao. i fucs wit the tank mafia

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

OP, serious question(s).

If you are genuine about dealing with tank wankers, why are you using tanks of all things to handle it?

You say you have four people "working" these tank 'shifts' on a server at any given time... why not teach these people how to deal with tanks without resorting to using tanks themselves. 4 people - 2 buzzards - passengers operating the rocket launchers. Hand out rpgs or heavy sniper rifles at the start of a 'shift' if your little tank police can't acquire them yet.

• scubadave likes this

TheWomenBeater
  • TheWomenBeater

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

If this guy is serious, I feel bad for him.
  • Kelvin_00 and Coin like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

Or, to let everyone know how to find you and maybe give some organised resistance - you know, an actual fight instead of you and some mates ganking a bunch of disparate, unsuspecting players who weren't actively hunting you down. 

I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed at the lengths griefers will go to to justify their assholery. "Protecting the LSC" - lol, lol, and lol again. 

at one point some of the LSC glitching was getting so out of hand. here we'd have a full server and of course, like clockwork  every 2 minutes, not exagerating, another a-hole would be strolling on down to LSC to do the money glitch........ also, we DO get organized resistence a lot.... people send muggers or call up their own tanks. and we dance the dance too, protecting the spawn points (theatre and police station)......

OP, serious question(s).

If you are genuine about dealing with tank wankers, why are you using tanks of all things to handle it?

You say you have four people "working" these tank 'shifts' on a server at any given time... why not teach these people how to deal with tanks without resorting to using tanks themselves. 4 people - 2 buzzards - passengers operating the rocket launchers. Hand out rpgs or heavy sniper rifles at the start of a 'shift' if your little tank police can't acquire them yet.

we are not dealing with tank wankers.... we are the ones with the tanks... u know buzzards dont have a chance against tanks. and RPGs bounce off.  we have 2 people running tanks on each server in shifts.... yes, it was much easier with turbo and rapidfire, but hey we have to live in a 1.08 world, so we do.

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

What's your gamertag?

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

This thread is delicious.

• StormerBoy, Tabula Rasa and NuklerGhost101838 like this

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

at one point some of the LSC glitching was getting so out of hand. here we'd have a full server and of course, like clockwork  every 2 minutes, not exagerating, another a-hole would be strolling on down to LSC to do the money glitch........ also, we DO get organized resistence a lot.... people send muggers or call up their own tanks. and we dance the dance too, protecting the spawn points (theatre and police station)......

OP, serious question(s).

we are not dealing with tank wankers.... we are the ones with the tanks... u know buzzards dont have a chance against tanks. and RPGs bounce off.  we have 2 people running tanks on each server in shifts.... yes, it was much easier with turbo and rapidfire, but hey we have to live in a 1.08 world, so we do.

Ahh, I see. You are not doing us a genuine favour and keeping the streets of Los Santos safe.

You and your gang are tank wankers.

Is there a place where you list your crews gamertags? I am thinking that I might want to... join in on these tank shifts with my buzzard and/or sniper. That okay?

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

I understood everything from the moment I read tank shifts. OP, could you message all the GTs of the tank shift workers and schedules pls. It would so organize my To Do list for the entire week. I promise to record it as well. Hell, I'll even put some music in the montage.
  • Kelvin_00 likes this

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

I read something I didn't think I would within this millennium. What the f*ck.
  • scubadave likes this

psilocybonaut
  • psilocybonaut

Psychonaut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

Lol just stay the f*ck away from me and any lobby I am in

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Other:

You a bitch.

• UnicornAssassin likes this

Bingle
  • Bingle

chuggle ape

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

I'm Gay.

• cookiemonster14 likes this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Why is it that every time I come to this forum, some thread makes me sad about what is happening to the males of this world? I'm not the manliest guy around -- by far -- but tank shifts? Spending hours and creating shifts to patrol a fake city? I love playing games, too, but every other night, I f*ck my wife -- who is 14 years younger than me -- and I surely didn't get that to happen by doing this kind of stuff. In fact, my wife tries to tell me how manly I am, and I never believe her, but then I hear something about tank shifts and I think ... well, maybe a little bit, huh?

Seriously, I love the sense of community that GTA Online has created, but at some point, you just have to realize that perhaps you're getting a bit too entranced by pixels and code. lol

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

This is the worst thing I've ever heard. I don't normally tell people how they should play the game but OP, you're doing it wrong.

TWA B747
  • TWA B747

Captain Jake

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

Timber, his arms wide?

jlawok_zps4ad76c80.gif

Shaka, when the walls fell :(

The river Temarc in winter.
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:57 AM Edited by StormerBoy, 09 January 2014 - 09:57 AM.

You need a job as a mall cop. Not a real cop, a mall cop. You could never hack it on the force. You'd be that mall cop that carries a fake gun to try and show dominance to all those punk teen skaters who smoke butts within 20 feet of the mall. You'd be the first to run if anything serious went down. You might even be such a loser you'd come in and patrol the mall in civvy clothes just so you could say you were there if anything went down. You and your followers(if any) are scum.

OMG that is so funny.

I have never laughed so much at a thread on this board  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thread of the Year!!!

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

I went out on some tank shifts last night. Good times. I could only get a couple of people to help out but it seemed to work out well. 

I'd join a server. Find the inevitable tank. Grab a chopper, pick up help and head to the rooftops.

Last night the Maze Bank worked wonders as I could stand out on the tips of the precipices like a tank-f*cking-up gargoyle. Tank shifted five separate tank wanks (some multiple times) in five different sessions.

Tank shifting to keep your city clear of tank wanks since Level 80  :lol:

• Coin and sid_vicious74 like this

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

So unlike the OP you only target tank griefers and are not the self appointed R* mall cops?

Do you wait and see if the tanker is a griefer?

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

So let me see if I can interpret this correctly. You are looking to organize a bunch of tank users and "patrol" the streets clearing up things from "traffic issues", as in a guy parked diagonally across a street, to spawn killing, acting as a makeshift "vigilante" force?

If so....then if it wasn't for the tank part of it, I'd think you'd have somewhat better responses from those on the forums. As it is, the fact that you are using tanks is going to draw abuse from others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users