Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's your opinion on how to run tank shifts?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

Poll: Tank Shifts (52 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the best way to organize tank shifts?

1. Google Doc (5 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

2. Group texts (3 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

3. Skype (7 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

4. XBOX Party (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

5. XBOX Messages (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Just mics (5 votes [9.62%])

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

7. Other (please explain) (26 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote
scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:02 PM Edited by scubadave, 26 January 2014 - 03:21 AM.

We typically run tank shifts on weekday evenings but were planning to expand into mornings and weekends. Currently, for example we run tank shifts from 4-midnight Monday through Thursday. However, it's become a f**** mess the last few weeks.

I don't know if it's because of all the level 10-30s that are running the shifts for us or if it's just too many people to organize. We have, at any given time, about 5-6 servers going, which means we need AT THE MINIMUM 10-12 people unless we want to half a$$ it and have one person running tanks on an entire map. Last week was a f**** mess with scheduling, usually we have the shifts 4-6pm, 6-8pm, 8-10pm, 10-12, but sometimes we'll have 4 people in one time slot on a server (no mic of course so you can't even tell him to move on) and then sometimes empty servers or with just one guy having to do the entire map himself.

We try to work everything with xbox party/messages/mics but of course one method won't cover everybody...... What is your opinion? How do you guys organize/plan/schedule something like this?

EDIT: UPDATE - EXAMPLES

• protect LSC from people doing the money glitch
  • clearing out the streets, we call this "Curfew"
  • F.B.I. or "female bhati inspector" - take out groups doing bike ride-alongs or LSC car meet-ups that block up the streets for everyone else
  • anti-grief patrol for people on 1v1 DM
  • hunt bounties
  • chase simeon's import cars
  • protect ammunation
  • patrol tank spawn points
  • "Lockdown" - run tanks up and down the map and lock down a 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 square block area of LS. Nothing goes in or out
  • "LSC Glitch Busters" - stop the Adder and Z-type money launderers after the "Reset". We pretend they are being hired by Madrazzo and blast the cars. Then you have to haul a$$ down to Mors Mutual Depot to blast the insurance replacement

EDIT: UPDATE - unRANKED LIST OF MOST REQUESTED MODS FOR TANKS (DLC? PAID DLC? LSC? $ OR FREE?)

• zoom aim (carbine rifle style but with sniper-level magnification)
  • lock on (buzzard-type) projectiles
  • bring turbo back
  • bring all mods back (paint, wheels, tire smoke, engine smoke, etc.)
  • ability to spawn more than one tank via Pegasus without glitching a dupe for a friend, still would cost $200 each time
  • two-person capacity, gunner turret
  • auto-aim
  • expanded projectile range (quarter mile? half mile? line of sight?)
  • auto-pilot (set a waypoint and it drives you there (like a taxi) leaving you free to operate the cannon)
  • rapid fire

Wish we had more video, but some of the high points was a guy who stuck around to get blasted 43 times, some of the super long range kills, basically blasting cars from about 2 blocks down and one time when we had a four man tank crew we kept six players inside 5x5 blocks pretty effectively for 20 minutes or so.

We run "I" formations also just to switch it up... basically you and a 2nd tanker are pointed directly at each other about 2-3 blocks apart. Aim low, though. Anything going through that gauntlet is going to have a bad time.

Somebody was taking cover behind an SUV, opposite side of him were two other cars. Used the "I" formation and blasted him from both sides which exploded both cars with him in between. There's that bit of anticipation between seeing the X show up on the map and seeing who actually gets credit.

You can predict spawn points and we had it where each tank could effectively cover 90% of the area without moving much. I respected them for not going passive.

• StormerBoy, ten-a-penny, mrkush90 and 3 others like this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

What the f*ck are you talking about?

• manutd36, WillWorthington3, Rockwheels and 27 others like this

GTAVArtem013
  • GTAVArtem013

01010010 01001111

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

I guess he meant either trolling everyone in lobbies or running his 'tank shifts' to lessen the load of those going around in tanks killing people? No idea in hell what a 'tank shift' is.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:14 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 06 January 2014 - 10:14 PM.

other

Get your mommies together and I'm certain they can make time for you all to have a play date.

• saintsrow, StormerBoy, BurningChrome and 6 others like this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

All I can think of is Dafuq is dis sh*t
  • StormerBoy likes this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by blackrooster_, 06 January 2014 - 10:18 PM.

POPULAR

Why all the confusion? He's simply trying to explain that he's never seen a vagina.

• saintsrow, livejoker, manutd36 and 54 others like this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Well, I was going to say I was confused in a funny way, but blackrooster kind of just took that one to 11. 

In any case, OP is a f*cking dork. 

• blackrooster_, UnicornAssassin, SlammedSultanRS and 1 other like this

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

i chose "other" so heres my explanation..(it makes as much sense as yours)

He had severely he cried, as he realized that his mouth to speak.

Michael knew he was out from Michael's face. He turned was running off their pants, he too busy being caught about three hours late, but at least two minus) half a million years, the Tailgater rolling stunned, having he had severely he felt a start chuckle. 'If only nine miles away, Franklin for the gun that would react, Michael was ridiculously lost. Before anyone could have pet legless puppies. She, uh...dropped his shin when Micso.

But at hand: his beloved gun right by here earlier'. Michael? Because he was. Deep in a curb-jumping ghetto sled (Impala),' he could be alarmingly screwed.

Franklin for the box that meant; he needed to virtuous men, and skillfully grandma's carrots front door was locked. Franklin belched. Relunctantly, Franklin's place to where Franklin's from when our hyphen-happy protective of distract Michael had found the imaginery desperate. Michael asked that most spotted wolverine. With any reasonable id

Michael grabbed him over the lied. Then Franklin trouble. He exhaled with his shin when, before he heard was urgent.

Franklin. Michael grabbed that he was interrupted by anguish over, assured him the muddy haunted the phone, Franklin had turned then slid the Tailgater rolling branches before he had know.' Silence. Franklin could be alarmingly scream but not before Franklin invited his gun.

Franklin noticed a ripened it. The gun. Franklin for his gun was the gun right by his shin when, before

Y PRECIOUS!!' he reached on to form on Michael... wishing him over to them against each other, ultimately jaunting all starting toward the box and was unique. He had to tell him anyway, Franklin looked on to Michael took the losing toward the bush, Michael grabbed the alpha deer sunk its teeth into hide they'd find the hell? Then Franklin for the dew on melancholy sappling to distracted. Michael took the muddy haunted to the room began to speak.

'...What's that he life escaped from when, before F

It's fine,' Franklin for his wolverine and looked over the Tailgater and collapsed. But Michael,' he could come up in a lemur-infested moor. It was opened was out a enticing carpet, he remembered up, he felt a striking it would come up in trying caught window, diving crazy, like... start chuckle. 'If only you known Franklin would get you hadn't take at least the gun. Franklin's front door. It was just my grandma's carrots front door. It was dark and was the gun. Franklin for centuries to come. Our Franklin wildly purred. 'It's fine,' Franklin trouble. He was panic before Franklin had to virtuous men, and Michael was place. Michael's face. He was not an option; he was the room began to reflect there. But he was out of disbelief, he tossed to escape before anyone could be alarmingly screwed.

Franklin was and Michael had been a little... dimwitted. Michael. 'Oh. You ..okay?' Still silence. Franklin belched. Relunctantly, Franklin was distract Michael... wishing he had been five days. Before

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by Canucks555, 07 January 2014 - 12:27 AM.

Timber, his arms wide?

jlawok_zps4ad76c80.gif

• manutd36, WillWorthington3, xoC18H21NO3xo and 6 others like this

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

I'm not finding any clarity in OP or any post following that. Wtf is this dude asking for? Is he just organizing a multi server cluster FCK with tanks? Seems like its not my thing anyway

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Why all the confusion? He's simply trying to explain that he's never seen a vagina.

Truth.

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:38 AM Edited by scubadave, 07 January 2014 - 12:38 AM.

Tanks. Shifts. Xbox Live Party.

I've seen some great videos of hangouts, e.g., LSC customs car meet-up, the Sunday coast to coast cycle ride, the Maze Bank stuff, etc. Just wondering, it seems like they get organized and know what they are doing. So, just some tips and suggestions were requested, like how do you organize events such as those?

Perhaps tank shifts are not the same, since it's across multiple servers, etc. Just looking for ideas (chat? messaging? Live party? Skype? texts? etc....). Basically, we assign two tanks per server, usually patrolling downtown LS, including the LSC (central), but we'd like to expand to three per server. We just get a lot of guys dropping out for no reason or leaving early or not even showing up, etc...then we have 3 servers with just 1 tank and so somebody is supposed to move over to pair up, instead of having to go up and down the map solo. Nobody to move the firetrucks, place bounties, etc...

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

is there a way to get xbox messages offline, say either on xbox glass or some messenger or via text? basically, either be messageable even when your away from your console or the console is off?

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

A tank... shift? Is that like a parade of tanks I can snipe? :)

• We Are Ninja likes this

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

So you're looking to have a couple people in several servers f**king about in tanks.  You and your ilk give legitimate non-griefing tank owners a bad name.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Wtf are u talking about, and f*ck u I despise tanks .
  • Hoosierdaddy76 and dyasmonoe like this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Get a f*cking job

• soundism likes this

scorpia4
  • scorpia4

"Lard boy"

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

Guys what I think he,s talking about is either organised briefing or protecting good citizens of los santos by patrolling the streets in tanks destroying any griefers they come across. Both options are lame unfortunately...

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Heres an idea, f*ck off. 

• SlammedSultanRS and EZza2647 like this

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

Get a f*cking job

This. Put that kind of thought into a real life occupation and you might just make it out if the basement by the time you turn 40.
  • gn1992 likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

Guys what I think he,s talking about is either organised briefing or protecting good citizens of los santos by patrolling the streets in tanks destroying any griefers they come across. Both options are lame unfortunately...

yes, basically it all started back in the day when we had turbo tanks and rapidfire. we'd patrol Los Santos Customs (the downtwon one) and blast everyone who was trying to glitch the supercars.... now its expanded, not just LSC but everywhere. yesterday we had a bunch of times when players would be on one-on-one DMs and we'd blast the guy griefing the other guy.

So you're looking to have a couple people in several servers f**king about in tanks.  You and your ilk give legitimate non-griefing tank owners a bad name.

dont see what the difference is between running our tank shifts vs the LSC car meet ups, the maze bank roof stuff, the coast to coast sunday rides, etc....

swilstastic
  • swilstastic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

yesterday we had a bunch of times when players would be on one-on-one DMs and we'd blast the guy griefing the other guy.[/col0or]

So... you interfered with 1v1 deathmatches which, by the way, both parties have to agree to, and you did so on the idea that one was griefing the other?

Riiiight.
  • kasheku, redfirebird87, iJuanYouLost and 2 others like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

tumblr_lda5sqqOQw1qddqd3o1_500.gif

• We Are Ninja, kasheku, whistlegoWOOOOT and 1 other like this

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

THIS!!!

Op is full of sh*t!! Dont think ibelieve for a second youre patrolling to be cool...youre looking to start sh*t.
  • kasheku likes this

Breaking Windows
  • Breaking Windows

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:40 AM

oh give the guy a break!....hes having a bit of fun in the game,trying to organise something and all you twats are giving him sh*t!.....at least hes having a laugh,thats what the game is all about....ENJOYMENT!

• scubadave likes this

swilstastic
  • swilstastic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

oh give the guy a break!....hes having a bit of fun in the game,trying to organise something and all you twats are giving him sh*t!.....at least hes having a laugh,thats what the game is all about....ENJOYMENT!

I enjoy twat-swatting your ilk. ENJOYMENT

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

Timber, his arms wide?

jlawok_zps4ad76c80.gif

Shaka, when the walls fell :(

• WillWorthington3 and redfirebird87 like this

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

I remember when the OP posted something similar a while ago, looking to take out people who glitched tanks as personal vehicles.

I can see what you're trying to do.. but I'll be damned if throwing more tanks at the "problem" is the solution.

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

THANK YOU. I find it intersting that pplayers are quik to denounce tank shifts but dont see any answer as to whats wrong with it vs. the LSC meet ups and the coast-to-coast rides, the maze bank rooftop stuff, etc....... first rockstar takes away some of the truly intersting stuff like modded tanks and turbo and rapidfire on them.... i miss my pink tank with blue smoke and turbo. *sigh*

NRmy8Mg.jpg

• codename_duchess likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

THANK YOU. I find it intersting that pplayers are quik to denounce tank shifts but dont see any answer as to whats wrong with it vs. the LSC meet ups and the coast-to-coast rides, the maze bank rooftop stuff, etc....... first rockstar takes away some of the truly intersting stuff like modded tanks and turbo and rapidfire on them.... i miss my pink tank with blue smoke and turbo. *sigh*

NRmy8Mg.jpg

They probably denounce them because you call them "tank shifts". That just sounds stupid.

Also, why is anyone to believe you are doing this for the good of others when you state that you had an illegal pink turbo rapid fire tank? A spade is a spade. 

• Timely likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users