We typically run tank shifts on weekday evenings but were planning to expand into mornings and weekends. Currently, for example we run tank shifts from 4-midnight Monday through Thursday. However, it's become a f**** mess the last few weeks.
I don't know if it's because of all the level 10-30s that are running the shifts for us or if it's just too many people to organize. We have, at any given time, about 5-6 servers going, which means we need AT THE MINIMUM 10-12 people unless we want to half a$$ it and have one person running tanks on an entire map. Last week was a f**** mess with scheduling, usually we have the shifts 4-6pm, 6-8pm, 8-10pm, 10-12, but sometimes we'll have 4 people in one time slot on a server (no mic of course so you can't even tell him to move on) and then sometimes empty servers or with just one guy having to do the entire map himself.
We try to work everything with xbox party/messages/mics but of course one method won't cover everybody...... What is your opinion? How do you guys organize/plan/schedule something like this?
EDIT: UPDATE - EXAMPLES
- protect LSC from people doing the money glitch
- clearing out the streets, we call this "Curfew"
- F.B.I. or "female bhati inspector" - take out groups doing bike ride-alongs or LSC car meet-ups that block up the streets for everyone else
- anti-grief patrol for people on 1v1 DM
- hunt bounties
- chase simeon's import cars
- protect ammunation
- patrol tank spawn points
- "Lockdown" - run tanks up and down the map and lock down a 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 square block area of LS. Nothing goes in or out
- "LSC Glitch Busters" - stop the Adder and Z-type money launderers after the "Reset". We pretend they are being hired by Madrazzo and blast the cars. Then you have to haul a$$ down to Mors Mutual Depot to blast the insurance replacement
EDIT: UPDATE - unRANKED LIST OF MOST REQUESTED MODS FOR TANKS (DLC? PAID DLC? LSC? $ OR FREE?)
- zoom aim (carbine rifle style but with sniper-level magnification)
- lock on (buzzard-type) projectiles
- bring turbo back
- bring all mods back (paint, wheels, tire smoke, engine smoke, etc.)
- ability to spawn more than one tank via Pegasus without glitching a dupe for a friend, still would cost $200 each time
- two-person capacity, gunner turret
- expanded projectile range (quarter mile? half mile? line of sight?)
- auto-pilot (set a waypoint and it drives you there (like a taxi) leaving you free to operate the cannon)
- rapid fire
Wish we had more video, but some of the high points was a guy who stuck around to get blasted 43 times, some of the super long range kills, basically blasting cars from about 2 blocks down and one time when we had a four man tank crew we kept six players inside 5x5 blocks pretty effectively for 20 minutes or so.
We run "I" formations also just to switch it up... basically you and a 2nd tanker are pointed directly at each other about 2-3 blocks apart. Aim low, though. Anything going through that gauntlet is going to have a bad time.
Somebody was taking cover behind an SUV, opposite side of him were two other cars. Used the "I" formation and blasted him from both sides which exploded both cars with him in between. There's that bit of anticipation between seeing the X show up on the map and seeing who actually gets credit.
You can predict spawn points and we had it where each tank could effectively cover 90% of the area without moving much. I respected them for not going passive.