» «
Photo

K/D... is it really that important?

417 replies to this topic
grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 06 January 2014 - 07:53 PM.

i had a 2.5 k/d ratio before i even unlocked a tank. i didnt even care about my k/d ratio until around level 50 when someone asked what mine was. put it in passive mode to avoid being spawned killed by a twanker then stand out of their reach. if you time it right you can jump out of the way of a charging tank and swinging turret. and boy does that piss off the guy in the tank.

just because they are in a tank doesnt mean they will get a lot of kills. you have to be pretty stupid to keep getting killed over and over by the same guy in a tank. you get killed more than 30 times chasing the twanker down and then leave the session after you killed him once. you didnt win anything you just screwed up your own k/d ratio and made a new arch enemy.

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by gear999, 06 January 2014 - 07:52 PM.

How does K/D ratio show skill? I can basically get a 5+ K/D on my second character by just killing 5 people since I have no kills or deaths on it. Tankers have high K/D's too but they can't do sh*t with guns. Except for the tankers who got their level legit, not DNS codes.

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

0_0.jpg0_0.jpgGOD LIKE K/D

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

0_0.jpg0_0.jpgGOD LIKE K/D

The f*ck is this?

• PkUnzipper likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

my k/d sucks . its only .75 . 

gear999
  • gear999

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Same here, only 0.79.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

due to the fact i let my crybaby brother kill me 100+ times, and the spawnkills i couldnt avoid, my K/D needs a lot of work

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

I'm really not too bothered. I imagine mine is very low.
How do you find out? I've looked on SC but couldn't see it.

gear999
  • gear999

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

I'm really not too bothered. I imagine mine is very low.
How do you find out? I've looked on SC but couldn't see it.

Pause menu>Online>Players

The first one is yours.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I like getting my stats as sh*tty as possible. It makes it all the better when you destroy tryhards. 

therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

k/d only matters in FPS games this game lets players use auto aim i dont give a sh*t about my 1.37 k/d >:I

I have a 0.79 K/D on my level 65 main character.

noob

:lol:

I really don't care. I play the game for fun, not K/D ratio.

nice excuse noob

gear999
  • gear999

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

k/d only matters in FPS games this game lets players use auto aim i dont give a sh*t about my 1.37 k/d >:I

I have a 0.79 K/D on my level 65 main character.

noob

:lol:

I really don't care. I play the game for fun, not K/D ratio.

nice excuse noob

Ok. You think that I care about on the internet calling me a noob?

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

K/D doesn't mean sh*t in this game. Some level 100+'s have a .03 K/D because they just don't attack other players in Freemode, and don't play Deathmatch. Some players just spend all day spawn killing in a tank. Some players, (like me) only attack when attacked unprovoked, and don't play deathmatches. Some just sit inside of a glitched building and snipe people all day. K/D can't really be indicative of skill in this game in any way. How are you to know whether my 2.3 K/D is from legit deathmatches against other level 120's, or from fair, skill based kills? They could all be from tank spawn kills, or snipes, or maybe I even had my friend stand still while I killed them them 1,000 times over to get my K/D up. There's no way to tell where the kills came from.

• gear999 likes this

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Its purpose is mainly to make tank spawnkillers feel better about themselves.

Beyond that, it's also good for serial killer.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Stats like K/D... Races won/races lost.. any other wins/loses MEAN NOTHING!!! NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!!!  It is a FACT!!!!  How can I prove it's a fact that they mean nothing? Here is how....

First let me start off by asking, why would those stats mean something to someone? So that they can see how they compare on leader boards or they can see how "good" they are at the game.  Should someone be proud of a kill death ratio of 2.00?  or 1.00? or what?   Sure some one could be proud of getting 5000 kills while only dying 500 times... but is that good? Yeah, but how good? We don't know, because there are hackers and glitchers.  But that isn't enough to prove it's a fact.... here is the real reason it's a fact.

NOT INCLUDING HACKERS/GLITCHERS.... PEOPLE CAN BOOST THEIR STATS.  All I have to do is go online with my wife and have her let me kill her as many times as I want... and then bam, I have a better kill/death ratio than you. And I can just say I did it legit. There is no way of proving otherwise. 

That is why it's a fact that kill/death means nothing.  Sure you can get 5000 kills and 500 deaths... but nobody will care. 

btw, I have more kills than deaths.  Bet nobody cares that I do though :)  

• gear999 likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

I think K/D is a good way to show others how good you are at defending yourself. It's all about showing your actual skills off.

Thats just stupid.

Some guys sit in a tank all session and spawn kill guys, so there K/D goes threw the roof.

Doing this has nothing to do with , how good someone is at anything other then trolling.

If your good enough you dont need a tank.

Damn, I can't believe I really forgot about them tank maniacs!

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

I get killed by "accident" a lot by my crew and friends, so my K/D is trash. So, I tend to say no, cause people do too much f*cking around in free roam and not a lot of serious PvP death match style killing.

Too bad they don't have death match K/D separate from everything else.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

I think K/D is a good way to show others how good you are at defending yourself. It's all about showing your actual skills off.

But does anyone actually check other player's stats? I sure don't. I couldn't care less.

• Pizentu and ll Noble 6 ll like this

gear999
  • gear999

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

But does anyone actually check other player's stats? I sure don't. I couldn't care less.

I check suspiciously high level players stats.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

I have occasionally and rarely see many players with k/d ratio above 1 most are around .75 like me. 

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Only to you. Generally speaking.

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

PLATINUM

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

KD hos are sad little people. And having them in GTA is quite pathetic. Seriously, KD doesnt show crap in this game. There is absolutely zero way to tell how legit one is. I cant count the number of times people in my crew kill each other for funny moments or even by accident. Or putting bounties on each other just to kill them to share money (back before gifted money was in every lobby). 

You have people hiding in wall glitches. Some people join a lobby and while off the radar run up to a group of people that are chilling and kill them. Then that puss leaves the lobby to do the same in another session. Not to mention the god mode pukes. 

If you think your kd means jack (especially in this game) then you are sorely mistaken. I feel sorry for you and hope you find some meaning in your life that is more important than a fake stat. Good luck with that. 

gear999
  • gear999

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

I said that K/D wasn't worth sh*t to me.

itsmeMOB
  • itsmeMOB

Wanderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

I care about my KD but I don't think it matters much in the game.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

I said that K/D wasn't worth sh*t to me.

I know. I read it.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:37 PM Edited by iFight, 06 January 2014 - 11:38 PM.

I don't care even though i have 3.46 K/D ratio

o Mr Punchy o
  • o Mr Punchy o

Diamond Dogs leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

My K/D is 2.25 legit but then again im also a competitive player who plays TDM/DM alot.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

I don't care about it personally, and in this game it's particularly pointless. Between all the cheaters, how useless passive mode can be, not differentiating between assisted aim kills and free aim kills, and tank spawn campers leaving as soon as they're in any danger of getting killed again it's hardly an accurate reflection of skill in this game.  

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Same here, only 0.79.

i was at about .79 and then i got killed  many times by tanks and  assholes . its been stuck at .75 since

I have occasionally and rarely see many players with k/d ratio above 1 most are around .75 like me. 

the average i see is between that and 1.25 . i do play with a friend that has a k/d over 2 . thats because he uses the sniper gun alot

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

Level 75 with a K/D of 1.45.  Seems reasonable I think.

KD ratio is never important in any game.. Especially GTA.

I believe that is incorrect.  It's important in COD.  I work with a guy who is trying to break into the top 10 on K/D and may be joining the highest ranked Clan.  That is all based on a player's K/D ratio.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users