» «
Photo

K/D... is it really that important?

417 replies to this topic
Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by Bazzad, 30 January 2014 - 05:53 PM.

Im fairly proud of my KDR of 3.10 but I do most of my killing in DM or TDM games, where it actually matters.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Im fairly proud of my KDR of 3.10 but I do most of my killing in DM or TDM games, where it actually matters.

That's an extremely impressive K/D when considering the way it's been acquired

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

I just killed a guy with a 3.4 k/d - which felt pretty good

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

Lmfao, I asked you to keep going and you haven't disappointed, how many days is this you've been going on about your precious K/D? You do realize you're the only one who thinks you're special right, and that the more you go on about it the more pathetic you seem? Damn I wish you were on Xbox, if only... Ah well, at least this way I can sit back and keep laughing as you keep stroking your e-peen, carry on.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Crushing your hopes & dreams

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

K/D is another thing for codfags to bitch at

• Handsome Z likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Lmfao, I asked you to keep going and you haven't disappointed, how many days is this you've been going on about your precious K/D? You do realize you're the only one who thinks you're special right, and that the more you go on about it the more pathetic you seem? Damn I wish you were on Xbox, if only... Ah well, at least this way I can sit back and keep laughing as you keep stroking your e-peen, carry on.

You're clearly someone who cares about it. Cheer up

prototypetom
  • prototypetom

purveyor of exasperated sighs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

with no tanks and no cheaters it might have meant something, but something different to different people...

to some people it would have shown how bad-ass you are, to some people how much of an arse you are.

but as we do have tanks and cheaters it only shows how much of an arse you are.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

I don't not care about it, but your fixation on it as something you protect is hilarious. I just play the game and have a positive K/D because I don't suck, you're just a troll who preys on the weak and unsuspecting and thinks himself clever, really you're just a bottom feeder. Seeing your reaction to how everyone called you out as being the common troll that you are was priceless, I think you really though you were clever and are confused why everyone doesn't agree, and you doubling down on it as you've done for days on end is only making it more funny. Please, I'd love nothing more than to keep laughing at your pitiful attempts at making people think well of you for being an asshole, so don't stop on my account.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by watchclock, 01 February 2014 - 06:58 PM.

I don't not care about it, but your fixation on it as something you protect is hilarious. I just play the game and have a positive K/D because I don't suck, you're just a troll who preys on the weak and unsuspecting and thinks himself clever, really you're just a bottom feeder. Seeing your reaction to how everyone called you out as being the common troll that you are was priceless, I think you really though you were clever and are confused why everyone doesn't agree, and you doubling down on it as you've done for days on end is only making it more funny. Please, I'd love nothing more than to keep laughing at your pitiful attempts at making people think well of you for being an asshole, so don't stop on my account.
People who don't care about something don't attempt to denigrate it.

I never thought anyone thought I was clever - why on earth would I think that? It happens to be the case that i do know that I'm clever - but that has very little to do with the views of other people - in fact often the opposite for the obvious reason that most of them are not clever and mistake cogent argument for an attempt to construct the image of cleverness. Now where does that leave you my lazy, presumptuous, and cock-eyed-dumb little non-threat of an adversary?

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Seriously? Can't we just let this thread die?

• gear999 likes this

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Ok deathmatch 4 players.
Player A has a kd of 0.8.
Player B has a kd of 1.2
Player C has a kd of 1.6 and
Player D has a kd of 3.0.

You know nothing about any of these players except there kds.

Can you accurately guess Which will win and which will lose the deathmatch usong just this information.

NO you can't cos kd is not a measure of quantative skill.

Its just as likely for player A to win as it is for player D.

Is player A a bad player or just one that plays invite only with a higher calibur of players.

Is player D a good player or just someone who lives in a tank and goes passive as soon as he loses said tank.

Kd is not a quantitative measure of skill. Higher kd does not equal better player.
  • iBUCKEYE likes this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

I never thought anyone thought I was clever - why on earth would I think that? It happens to be the case that i do know that I'm clever - but that has very little to do with the views of other people - in fact often the opposite for the obvious reason that most of them are not clever and mistake cogent argument for an attempt to construct the image of cleverness. Now where does that leave you my lazy, presumptuous, and cock-eyed-dumb little non-threat of an adversary?

You already said you thought your troll strategy was clever in your other thread, it's your word not mine, and yet again you double down on thinking yourself clever for being a troll. I'm not denegrating K/D radios, they don't mean nothing but they don't mean much, it's you I'm denigrating because you seem to have an inflated sense of pride in yours, which is amusing to me. If you weren't a troll I wouldn't be so amused, but since you're an asshole it's funny to see you keep embarrassing yourself by continuing this, I'm genuinely curious if you'll ever stop. Your K/D might mean something good if you weren't a troll, you are a troll though so that's a moot point for you.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by watchclock, 01 February 2014 - 09:18 PM.

Ok deathmatch 4 players.
Player B has a kd of 1.2

Can you accurately guess Which will win and which will lose the deathmatch usong just this information.

Is player A a bad player or just one that plays invite only with a higher calibur of players.

Is player D a good player or just someone who lives in a tank and goes passive as soon as he loses said tank.

Kd is not a quantitative measure of skill. Higher kd does not equal better player.

Your use of the word quantitative in this train wreck of non sequiturs is self-evidently wrong
because the only quantity you mention in K/D. Your confusion regarding the meaning of 'likely' is almost as bad.

You have poorly outlined a reasonable empirical test - NOT run it and found any data - and yet you draw a conclusion as if you did have data.

What you are in fact doing is gerrymandering the referent of K/D from what it is obviously referring to - lethality in GTA:O AS A WHOLE - to what you want it to refer to - death-matches.

K/D is a very simple statistic in a very complex game and needs context to interpret. If you can't manage to apply that context, boo f*cking hoo, don't assume nobody else can.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

You already said you thought your troll strategy was clever in your other thread, it's your word not mine, and yet again you double down on thinking yourself clever for being a troll. I'm not denegrating K/D radios, they don't mean nothing but they don't mean much, it's you I'm denigrating because you seem to have an inflated sense of pride in yours, which is amusing to me. If you weren't a troll I wouldn't be so amused, but since you're an asshole it's funny to see you keep embarrassing yourself by continuing this, I'm genuinely curious if you'll ever stop. Your K/D might mean something good if you weren't a troll, you are a troll though so that's a moot point for you.

Please quote the clever part I supposedly said before and tell me how it relates to me thinking others must see me as clever.

Try writing that again without using the word troll and notice how evacuated of any meaning that word (and your argument) actually is.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 01 February 2014 - 09:30 PM.

Please quote the clever part I supposedly said before and tell me how it relates to me thinking others must see me as clever.
Try writing that again without using the word troll and notice how evacuated of any meaning that word (and your argument) actually is.
Wow, you really think you're hot stuff don't you? The more I insult you the more you start using bigger and bigger words... You're kinda forcing it dude, and it shows. Also my post makes perfect sense, if you can't understand basic concepts then you're an idiot as well as a troll.
  • EyeMacHunt and I.haigh like this

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Ok deathmatch 4 players.
Player B has a kd of 1.2

Your use of the word quantitative in this train wreck of non sequiturs is self-evidently wrong
because the only quantity you mention in K/D. Your confusion regarding the meaning of 'likely' is almost as bad.

You have poorly outlined a reasonable empirical test - NOT run it and found any data - and yet you draw a conclusion as if you did have data.

What you are in fact doing is gerrymandering the referent of K/D from what it is obviously referring to - lethality in GTA:O AS A WHOLE - to what you want it to refer to - death-matches.

K/D is a very simple statistic in a very complex game and needs context to interpret. If you can't manage to apply that context, boo f*cking hoo, don't assume nobody else can.
My post highlights why kd means nothing. And your comment only backs it up by stating that it is nothing more than a simple stat with no context to it.

Thus kd is meaningless

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Don't think twice. It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.

Furry_Monkey is my dad

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

Seriously? Can't we just let this thread die?

Yeah, I have to agree. Its getting a bit out of hand.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

I just can't help myself, it's not every day an admitted troll makes a thread bragging about his mad trolling skills and how special he is for having a high K/D as a result of always picking on people he knows are weak or vulnerable, and alway running away if they start killing him back. Then he goes on for day after day about his K/D, just won't shut up about it, and acts all high and mighty when anyone calls him on his bullsh*t. This is comedy gold, I admit I don't want him to stop because trolls piss me off in general and seeing one get publicly shamed is cathartic as well as funny. Also this guy's way too easy a target to pass up, he's practically begging me to make fun of him the way he goes on. Who am I to argue?
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

Wow, you really think you're hot stuff don't you? The more I insult you the more you start using bigger and bigger words... You're kinda forcing it dude, and it shows. Also my post makes perfect sense, if you can't understand basic concepts then you're an idiot as well as a troll.

Listen, please tell me which words I can substitute for the ones I used without loss of meaning. All it does when you point out my use of these words is that you aren't used to using them. The reason I use them is because they have specific meanings and save writing twelve paragraphs.

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Tired of 98% of you

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

nerds

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

The post highlights that you THINK K/D is meaningless and that you think poorly - which is quite convenient for my position.

nerds

Philistine

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Listen, please tell me which words I can substitute for the ones I used without loss of meaning. All it does when you point out my use of these words is that you aren't used to using them. The reason I use them is because they have specific meanings and save writing twelve paragraphs.

I'll admit I might be reading too much into this one thing but reading your posts in the previous thread of yours as well as this, I notice that when you get agitated you tend to start using bigger words, as though you're compensating for something. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but all your posts are dripping with butthurt anyway so it's hard to tell when you're more or less agitated, at the very least you're a well-spoken asshole, if that's any consolation.
  • EyeMacHunt and I.haigh like this

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Tired of 98% of you

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

The post highlights that you THINK K/D is meaningless and that you think poorly - which is quite convenient for my position.

nerds

Philistine

nerd

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

K/D Ratio can only be important if that was the aim of the game. But its not.

It only shows skill if all players are the same level, have the same weapons, and are all trying to kill each other.

As lots of players DONT go round killing people then it actually has no use and does not show skill.

Put it this way. If you really wanted - you could have a K/D ration of 100's / 1. Just go off radar - go up to somebody - kill them. Leave that lobby. go to next one and do the same. It would be very unlikely anyone would kill you (maybe the odd hit and run type thing)

K/D ration is only important if every single player in the game is trying to improve it. I bet 95% are not.
  • Kampioen likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:14 PM Edited by watchclock, 01 February 2014 - 10:15 PM.

I'll admit I might be reading too much into this one thing but reading your posts in the previous thread of yours as well as this, I notice that when you get agitated you tend to start using bigger words, as though you're compensating for something. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but all your posts are dripping with butthurt anyway so it's hard to tell when you're more or less agitated, at the very least you're a well-spoken asshole, if that's any consolation.
It's very simple. When I argue with idiots what tends to happen is I start off making a simple statement of a simple position. Then that statement is confused by said idiots so that I have to explain what I said again in more specific detail - this often requires two things 1. length and 2. abstraction (and the inclusion of 'long' words - actually they aren't necessarily long at all, they are esoteric) . It required 2. because basically what's happening when idiots get confused is I have to teach them how to think about something. This obviously causes a little loss of face and pride for those idiots who probably aren't aware that they are idiots - hence the 'he's using long words' riff that you are displaying.

xSHIFTx
  • xSHIFTx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

My K/D is 9.85. 3,568 player kills and 362 deaths by players. Feel free to send the trash talk.

Personally I find K/D a very useful statistic in more competitive games, particularly Call of Duty in my experience. Having played all the COD games the best way to quickly assess the other players in your lobby is by their K/D. If you don't play DM or TDM then maybe Win/Loss is more important. But when kills matter K/D means all.

If you want to know more about how my K/D in GTA Online is 9.85 keep reading. My K/D is high due to the way I play, and plenty of experience gaming, I even have a degree in titled games development. Firstly I avoid DM, if I want to play competitive I will play COD. In GTA I like to have fun, which means I do most my killing in free mode.

Typically, an average session will follow, acquire a bounty if not already got one (This will lure people to you), acquire a helicopter, fly to a "Sniper Location"(Watching over the LS Customs from 2 blocks away is good), the killing begins with heavy sniper LSPD tint (The tint is not the important part). Due to the draw distance of players on foot and in cars, it is often a case of when a car is moving shoot drivers side, you will be surprised the distance you can hit players. Soon enough half the lobby is hunting me, either for revenge or my bounty. Things beginning getting crazy, expect bombardment of tank rounds, and multiple helicopter attacks and suicide planes hitting my location on the roof top (Normally unsuccessful), air attacks can be dealt with using cover and a minigun. This chaos is exactly why I play GTA, I work full time all week so when I get a spare hour this is what I do. Regardless of my K/D I would play exactly the same if K/D wasn't a statistic displayed on the players in lobby list. The bragging rights and importance of K/D in GTA are still completely different to COD. 

Happy gaming GTA fans.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

For the next person who's post intends "K/D does not = skill" please define 'skill' and justify your definition in a way that might possibly persuade someone who doesn't already agree with you. This will save my time.

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Tired of 98% of you

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

K/D doesn't = skill cuz you have poopdick

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:34 PM