Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to not let Civies put bounties on you!

67 replies to this topic
notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

i have so much money i wish i can pay for bounties on my head with my own money. its fun having people team up after u. 

neskimo
  • neskimo

Wayward

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by Prophaetwo, 06 January 2014 - 10:59 PM.

Only sure fire way to avoid bounties is to never visit Lester.
You only get one chance at this, like an Asea.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

I love getting bounties because when I do I either flee from the bounty hunters, go to the woods and kill them (or get killed lol) or I just enter my tank, go to some place where they can't see my tank and when they turn into the corner I think: ''so you wanted to kill me eh'' and it's so funny how they change from fight to flight, and there's nothing they can do. I blow them and sometimes even spawn kill them. Because I'm thinking ''this guy wanted to kill me now he'll think twice before bounty hunting''

It was a cool story until " or i just enter my tank". That's way too cheap. 
I think it is pathetic that everyone hates people using tanks. It is in the game. If you don't don't like it, go to a new session.

Well thats your opinion but its still a cheap tactic used by people that truly suck at this game and need to do something to make them harder to kill. Its cool though. the ammount of people that are very good at schooling the tank users is growing to a point that soon all the tank users will end up just hiding in their apartments in passive anyway scared to venture out until the next god mode cheat comes around.

Im sure ull disagree but tbh i dont care 

:)

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by Rezard, 06 January 2014 - 10:10 PM.

I can't believe you people single-out women to rob specifically.  lol

BTW - I know I just beat someone when they resort to a tank.  It's like giving up winning on a level playing field.  All I'm sayin'.  ;P

• Dave Rizza likes this

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

I've passed the controller to a friend,, and they very first car they took off the street, (first one he was ever stolen ever in gta) , and the pedestrian put a 9k bounty on him. I was shocked, gave him a bad impression lol. I've been playing for months and have never seen a pedestrian put a 9k bounty on someone.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

I don't actually think there is a certified way to avoid the pedestrian bounties. Even if you kill them they still manage to get you to be a hit target for the rest of the server. I've tried every suggestion because sometimes you just don't need it, nothing worked.
Nowadays I welcome a bounty, I get myself into a solid spot and pull out a gun I still need to get the awards for and hope for the best. I normally get to kill at least 5 people before I get killed, on average. I try to beat my top score which is currently 8, I think that's pretty good. Make a game of it!

• Dave Rizza likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

I can't believe you people single-out women to rob specifically.  lol

BTW - I know I just beat someone when they resort to a tank.  It's like giving up winning on a level playing field.  All I'm sayin'.  ;P

;)

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by mbhitman, 06 January 2014 - 10:41 PM.

Stealing is wrong. Please don't steal cars.

Instead purchase all of your vehicles from the appropriate online retailers.

It's not Grand Purchase Auto 5.
  • guygamer1 likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

I don't actually think there is a certified way to avoid the pedestrian bounties. Even if you kill them they still manage to get you to be a hit target for the rest of the server. I've tried every suggestion because sometimes you just don't need it, nothing worked.
Nowadays I welcome a bounty, I get myself into a solid spot and pull out a gun I still need to get the awards for and hope for the best. I normally get to kill at least 5 people before I get killed, on average. I try to beat my top score which is currently 8, I think that's pretty good. Make a game of it!

I have some fantastic little spot that almost make it impossile to get killed. I say almost cause sometimes in my main holdout i make sure theres a wanted level so anyone that tries to get to me has to also deal with police and choppers but sometimes the police "magically" shoot me through the walls. It's rare though  and this spot has never failed me.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 06 January 2014 - 11:06 PM.

If you're not in the car at the time you'd expect to see the bounty message then you will never get a bounty, period (until they patch it anyway, which they might). Any method of stealing cars that sees you get in the car and then subsequently not be in the car at the appropriate time (I usually wait at least 20 seconds just to be safe) will result in not getting a bounty, allowing you to get back in the car and drive away with impunity. They should really make one of these threads a sticky, this is at least the third time I've posted this and word still isn't spreading... More bounties for me to hunt at least.

To clarify my method is that I get in the car, drive 20 feet, get out, go move my car out of the road and maybe kill the driver I just pulled out, and then after at least 20 seconds have passed I get back in the stolen car and drive away, works 100% of the time (unless I screw up the timing, sometimes I'm a block away from LSC and think I can make it before the message... I don't try that anymore, I always play it safe and wait).

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

The best one I had was after I shot the driver in the head.

Text comes through "you stole my car, you're dead motherf*cker"

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

I want to set bounties on the NPCs. and the cops. and firemen, the "magic touching" LSC mechanic, and the Merryweather lady. and apartments. yeah!

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

They really need to up the max bounty amount.  Even without hacker money, $10,000 is pretty pathetic in this game.  That'll cover, what, one paint job?  But not the expensive ones, of course.  Gee- wiz...

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

FALLING INTO OLD HABIT$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

Just steal a car from a woman. Women don't set bounties.

Yes, this. And for some reason, each time this topic comes up, giving this advice will fall on deaf ears. 

really?!!! hahaha i disagree... most cars i steal a from woman as they seem to drive the most expensive cars in the game and i always get a bounty. specially when i steal a super car like infernus or something.

heck even if they are dead they still put a bounty.

the other day i crashed my car against a dubsta driven by a woman, she died on impact, i took the dubsta and some how got a bounty.

so, there goes your woman dont put bounties theory...

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:21 AM Edited by Rezard, 07 January 2014 - 12:22 AM.

Lucius has got the right idea.  You'll have to work around the way it was programmed.  And since we don't know exactly how R* did it, it is pretty safe to say it all comes down to position and timing.  The bounty doesn't hit right away, so your only hope is that it won't follow you out of the car.  It really wouldn't be hard for R* to fix it so the "tag" of the bounty remains.

Serious question, though--  How the hell do these people just know who it was exactly that ripped them out of their car and took off in a hurry..!?  It's like they somehow recognize anyone, or checked your I.D. before you drove away.  It really is a magically affair, because even my masks and helmets don't seem to help my anonymity...  :(

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

Simple while in passive mode the civillians cant put bounties on you along with any players. Simply enable passive mode before stealing a car

How the heck did I miss that?
Thanks for the muppet news flash Kermie.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 07 January 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Breaking news, bounties can be fun

NewNewsman.jpg

Are you positive about the passive mode on stealing civilian cars thing? I'm pretty sure I've had it happen before.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

Just steal a car from a woman. Women don't set bounties.

Yes, this. And for some reason, each time this topic comes up, giving this advice will fall on deaf ears. 

So you only steal cars from women?

You psychopath.

NewNewsman.jpg

Are you positive about the passive mode on stealing civilian cars thing? I'm pretty sure I've had it happen before.

It can happen regardless.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Why would you want them not to put a bounty on you?.

Getting a bounty is like getting free money!!!

redman712
  • redman712

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

But the game is called Grand Theft Auto.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by StewNorth, 07 January 2014 - 01:00 AM.

But the game is called Grand Theft Auto.

Griefing NPCs is bad, mkay.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

What happens if you just kill them? 

Get a bounty from the grave.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

NewNewsman.jpg

Did I start this?

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by Rezard, 07 January 2014 - 01:04 AM.

@ redman712:

Imagine now, if you would, that his post was one of the sarcastic nature...

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:31 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 07 January 2014 - 02:34 AM.

It can happen regardless.

That's what I thought. 

Did I start this?

Indeed you did. I f*cking love The Muppets. 

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

I blow them and sometimes even spawn kill them. 

I'm sure they don't mind being spawn killed after you've blown them.

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

When you steal a car and don't want a bounty just steal the car, hop out the car, wait 10 sec then get back in and drive off. Check your surroundings while doing this.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

Assuming the passive mode thing doesn't work for stealing NPC cars like I said earlier (which I'm still confident it doesn't), the easiest way to avoid a bounty is to just kill the driver when you steal it. You don't have to bother with opening the menu, which makes you vulnerable for a short time, and get to keep your passive timer fresh. Of course that doesn't mean sh*t for parked vehicles. 

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

this is what happens when you steal a a car in passive mode. get another player to drive the stolen car and they get the bounty. have a friend in the car while you drive and they get the bounty.

either way the other guy is pissed to get a bounty when they didnt steal it.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

• Members
  • China

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:41 AM Edited by StewNorth, 07 January 2014 - 02:42 AM.

Assuming the passive mode thing doesn't work for stealing NPC cars like I said earlier (which I'm still confident it doesn't), the easiest way to avoid a bounty is to just kill the driver when you steal it. You don't have to bother with opening the menu, which makes you vulnerable for a short time, and get to keep your passive timer fresh. Of course that doesn't mean sh*t for parked vehicles. 

Or get into the habit of driving mostly your PVs. I know sometimes you have no choice but to jack a random car when you are stranded in the middle of nowhere, mechanic is on CD and a variety of other reasons...but in the end, it spares you a headache when you can't be asked for bounties.

Besides, PVs are generally better for getting around anyway.

You know what they say, don't do the crime if you can't do the time :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users