Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to not let Civies put bounties on you!

67 replies to this topic
xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Sh*tdick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

Simple while in passive mode the civillians cant put bounties on you along with any players. Simply enable passive mode before stealing a car

Dementious
  • Dementious

As mad as a hatter and as crazy as sin.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

I think they can, unless they fixed it in an update or something. 

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Worst one is when you get a bounty from knicking a parked car. I mean at least you can kill a guy you rip out of it
  • SCS_Skreamies likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

What happens if you just kill them? 

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Worst one is when you get a bounty from knicking a parked car. I mean at least you can kill a guy you rip out of it

Nah dead guys can still come back from the grave and put a price on your head too. 

+ Passive mode does not stop bounties. 

• fw3 likes this

Mike Honcho
  • Mike Honcho

Packin' Dips

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

Just steal a car from a woman. Women don't set bounties.

SilkySkillz85
  • SilkySkillz85

DONTuKNOWimLOCO

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

i wanna no how to increase the odds of getting a bounty!

free roams just more fun when people are trying to kill you!

• Luk38644, KnobCheez and SaturdayNight like this

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

• SilkySkillz85 likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

No way to avoid them , just enjoy it is really the best advice.
It adds a little spice to the game or if you really need to do something just stand in the street drinking a couple of beers 'til someone shoots you. Doesn't usually take too long

Cragovich
  • Cragovich

The Division.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Stealing is wrong. Please don't steal cars.

Instead purchase all of your vehicles from the appropriate online retailers.

• Omnifarious, WBaker and Gasmasks like this

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Getting a bounty on me gives me something worth doing. A challenge I relish. Especially when you start getting the usual homophobic hatemail afterwards.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

^ Yes.  Why the hell does everyone playing this game wanna steal cars?  It's insanity.

I still can't get those in Passive mode listed as potential bounties, plus, you can't go passive once a bounty is placed on you.  I use passive to avoid getting bounties when I know I just pissed someone off.  Seems to work for me.

Also, let's not forget, the effects of Passive mode are disabled when in a vehicle.  So, try not to be confused when Passive mode doesn't protect you while driving away with a stolen car.  Maybe try jumping out of the car right away and wait a minute or two.  I know--  you totally grabbed the first car you could because you're not in a hurry... 

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

If you jack a car and after you've ripped them out walk away before entering the car and then turn back round and get in. That should stop bounties.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

You can get bounties in passive mode if you stay in the car after jacking it. Other players can put bounties on you in passive if you are in any vehicle. I've often collected bounties in my buzzard by blowing peoples vehicle up and they retaliate by setting one on me. Little do they know im in passive and can laugh at them while flipping the bird or hanging in the strip club.

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

I love getting bounties because when I do I either flee from the bounty hunters, go to the woods and kill them (or get killed lol) or I just enter my tank, go to some place where they can't see my tank and when they turn into the corner I think: ''so you wanted to kill me eh'' and it's so funny how they change from fight to flight, and there's nothing they can do. I blow them and sometimes even spawn kill them. Because I'm thinking ''this guy wanted to kill me now he'll think twice before bounty hunting''

• Moose Thompson likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

I love getting bounties because when I do I either flee from the bounty hunters, go to the woods and kill them (or get killed lol) or I just enter my tank, go to some place where they can't see my tank and when they turn into the corner I think: ''so you wanted to kill me eh'' and it's so funny how they change from fight to flight, and there's nothing they can do. I blow them and sometimes even spawn kill them. Because I'm thinking ''this guy wanted to kill me now he'll think twice before bounty hunting''

It was a cool story until " or i just enter my tank". That's way too cheap. 

• Wug, meatrocket8 and SecludedMemory like this

owlboogie
  • owlboogie

Break Yo' Selfies

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

I think mine takes the cake. I got a $7000 bounty for stealing a parked BMX. Really?! 7 grand for an $800 overpriced bike?!

Moose Thompson
  • Moose Thompson

Lets Rock

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:27 PM Edited by Moose Thompson, 06 January 2014 - 09:28 PM.

I love getting bounties because when I do I either flee from the bounty hunters, go to the woods and kill them (or get killed lol) or I just enter my tank, go to some place where they can't see my tank and when they turn into the corner I think: ''so you wanted to kill me eh'' and it's so funny how they change from fight to flight, and there's nothing they can do.

I blow them

and sometimes even spawn kill them. Because I'm thinking ''this guy wanted to kill me now he'll think twice before bounty hunting''

Very courteous of you.

• SecludedMemory and mfoster09 like this

Wug
  • Wug

Burrito Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

It was a cool story until " or i just enter my tank". That's way too cheap. 
I think it is pathetic that everyone hates people using tanks. It is in the game. If you don't don't like it, go to a new session.
  • BrazilianGirl likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

In my experience OP is correct, stealing cars while in passive mode prevents a bounty from happening, however, if the NPC did put a bounty on passive player, immediately after disengaging passive, the bounty will suddenly appear.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Oddly this seems kinda true.

• TomKongPhooey likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by customkingpimp, 06 January 2014 - 09:47 PM.

Here is a better way, instead of just stealing their car and driving away... Kill them. I usually shoot them before I take their car. No bounty

and like already said, taking them from women, you wont get a bounty, I did an experiment one day with that.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Here is a better way, instead of just stealing their car and driving away... Kill them. I usually shoot them before I take their car. No bounty

and like already said, taking them from women, you wont get a bounty, I did an experiment one day with that.

killing driver is not foolproof method in my experience, also, have stolen cars from feminine NPCs and got the bounty from the spouse but granted, it is less likely.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

killing driver is not foolproof method in my experience, also, have stolen cars from feminine NPCs and got the bounty from the spouse but granted, it is less likely.

That is interesting, I have yet to get a bounty from a NPC since i started stealing from female drivers or killing the driver before getting in the car (shooting through the window)

But I do not steal too many NPC cars. Now I want to play and put this to the test even more.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

In my experience OP is correct, stealing cars while in passive mode prevents a bounty from happening, however, if the NPC did put a bounty on passive player, immediately after disengaging passive, the bounty will suddenly appear.

Because bounties are disabled when in passive mode in any session but the one it was set in. 

The timer still remains for when you come out of passive mode. 

It just glitches with the npc to the current session too. 

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

I havent gotten a bounty when aiming a gun at them and having them run away from there vehicle. Dont know if its just been by chance but ive been doing that a ton lately and no npc bounties

• TomKongPhooey likes this

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Killing the driver makes no difference whatsoever.

• GTARACER93 likes this

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, NPCs will bounty you from beyond the grave.  No doubt about it.

OT thought on the tank:  Why not just have something like a military jeep which allows a player to stand in the back using an RPG or whatever...?  It takes a team to use it, but it's not oh-so-indestructible like.  I think that would've been a little more balanced, right?  Just a thought I had regarding the "over-powered tank" topic.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

I havent gotten a bounty when aiming a gun at them and having them run away from there vehicle. Dont know if its just been by chance but ive been doing that a ton lately and no npc bounties

I believe it's something else at work here, when the driver runs away, normally player is a bit away from the car, by the time player gets in, game considers vehicle abandoned.  This technique of waiting to get in was mentioned in another thread a while back, and it seems to work.  Just not 100%.

That is interesting, I have yet to get a bounty from a NPC since i started stealing from female drivers or killing the driver before getting in the car (shooting through the window)

But I do not steal too many NPC cars. Now I want to play and put this to the test even more.

I steal cars very often, sometimes, every street corner, just for kicks. :)

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Yes, this. And for some reason, each time this topic comes up, giving this advice will fall on deaf ears. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users