Quantcast

» «
Photo

Not A Strong Enough Counter To Tanks - My Take On The Tank Epidemic In

97 replies to this topic
Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

lmao..its a TANK

anyone asking for it to be nerfed doesn't understand what a Tank IS, just snipe the driver or rpg it from a roof, tanks are in no way a threat unless you let them be.  Learn to use jets and buzzards against it etc, or Maybe even...get another tank and blow them up.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:08 AM

I decimated a tank abuser earlier. 2 rockets to his backside then hid behind a wall and went off the radar. Sure enough the dork came looking at my last position while i sent a mugger to jack him then ended it with a shotgun and took his precious tank for a drive down to the water and destroyed it with stickies while he fought off some mercs. Afterwards i went to pay him a visit and seen he had got a heli pickup and was heading to the zancudo area. Buzzard soon put a stop to that plan. I then hovered about to see what he would but soon after came the *AndyAble* ( or whatever his name was) left.

Job done

Serious tanks are getting to easy with the noobs that use them hahaha

• Cokecan72 likes this

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

The RPG is dissappointing against the tank because the description of it is "Anti tank weapon", however it's long range abilitys are good.

On topic: There is a great counter to the tank and that's the Lazer.

Took on 2 at once in a session a few days ago and went on to kill another 4. With good accuracy you only need to make about 4-5 passes and it's history. You come from straight up where they cant aim then need to be lucky with your dodging to turn around.

#UpgradeOrDie
  • #UpgradeOrDie

jailbroked

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:46 AM

NgA6wJ3.jpg

A tank's weakness is its hind quarters as marked with a red circle, where the black vents are.

It only takes 4 of any on-hand explosive to destroy a tank on foot. Best to use a Grenade Launcher if you have a tank with its rear-side exposed as it takes less than 5 seconds to destroy a 100% health tank.

It takes only 3 explosives from the Rhino Tank Gun to destroy another tank from the back, and 6 if you were to shoot it from the side or front.

Remember, if you try shooting any explosives on the side or front side of a tank, it will take double the amount of explosives (that would be 8 with a grenade launcher for example) to destroy it since it has more protection on that side.

So either:

A. Call Lester to hide you from the radar, then throw 4 sticky bombs on your vehicle/motorcycle and drive fast until you crash onto the back of the tank and either detonate the bombs or have the impact of your vehicle blow yourself up for you along with the tank in one go.

B. Call Lester to hide you from the radar, stealth your way on foot until you have a vantage point of the tank's back then pull out your grenade launcher and shoot it 4 times to destroy it in less than 5 seconds.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

I threw five sticky bombs on my own tank today right on the black vents, and it did not destroy it. Several different scenarios have showed me that the back of the tank will not always have a consistent weakness. Besides this, I'd like to see the person who can get that close to a tank and put that many explosives into it before the driver kills them. The people who attempt to reason that you can fight a tank on foot or in a car are full of it. There are only three realistic choices if you want to kill the driver: With a tank, with a sniper rifle, and the hardest is with a jet. Any other way will take many deaths before you kill them once. One kill for many deaths is not a success at all.

• FasterThanYou and The Spook like this

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

I agree, I think they should make another launcher. A SMAW or a real anti-tank rocket launcher. RPG in real life are a joke literally, with all the new tank technology and armor that every tank has it's literally a joke. I think it takes about 7+ or more to actually damage a real life M1A2 Abrams tank.

• Cincy32 likes this

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

At a certain distance, the players avatar disappears. I hate this so much.

Holy sh*t dude, the amount of times I've raged over this. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Buzzard should be the answer to balance this.

Lock on feature from further than cannon range + 5 hits kill would do it.

Because then Buzzard > Tank > pedestrian > Buzzard

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

I got a little lucky one time, and planted all 5 stickies around the corner from a tank.  Hit him with an RPG as he drove right over them... BOOM goes a fairly fresh tank.  :)

Throw stickies atop your beloved Cheetah, and take it right under him.  It's pretty fun, but much easier to approach off radar.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:51 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 07 January 2014 - 01:58 PM.

Tank drivers are like this:

13276396029.gif

However they are such a sweet target practice for my Laser jet, my jet goes like

nom-nom-o.gif

'Nom nom nom'

everytime more then 1 tank goes beserk, my jet goes:

nom-nom-nom-o.gif

They can't even hit me. Not even hiding between buildings will help against me.

Soon after, they are like:

why-would-you-do-this-to-me.gif

• The Spook and StewNorth like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

^ I love complaints over the mic after the jet's appetite has been dealt with.

That RPG video a few posts up is quite interesting too.

• Ninja_Gear likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:50 PM Edited by StewNorth, 07 January 2014 - 02:50 PM.

There's been a lot more tank griefers these past few weeks, anyone playing the game can't deny that.

Personally I dont really mind since I'm past rank 120 and thus have access to all the possible counters now, but I would understand leveling the playing field by adding a more obvious, and accessible counter.

I pass a lot of my time fighting tankers now, be it onfoot with explosives in hand, on roofs sniping or even getting my own tank when there's a few out there on the go. I have had lots of time past lvl120 and Im no stranger to fighting tanks in every possible ways.

Only yesterday I was in a lobby where everyone was deathmatching on foot when things escalated and soon enough, there was a bunch of tankers spawn killing everyone.

After an hour of playing guerilla off-the-radar and taking a few snipe shots I could, it always ended up with another one coming back the second another went down. Even when I got my own tank out at the end I would take 2 down with off the radar to give me the edge, and then by the time I finished that little game of cat&mouse around corners with the remaining tank, I got ambushed from the back by the other two that finally made their way back. There's only so much 1 person can do.

Some players just tank. Literally. That's all they do. Get tank, kill, die, get tank, kill, die, get tank, etc...

It used to be the fresh lvl70s, but now it's anyone. I fought against a lvl1 the other day in a tank, another was invincible (tank would not take damage, and pilot couldnt be sniped) at the beach, others are just roaming the streets in packs protecting each other.

If Rockstar isnt going to address the tank glitcher/ hacker problem...then we need a more expedient counter.

Apart from stealing the tank from them, and never letting it be destroyed (they cant call back another then) there is little to combat them long-term.

They'll just change session,  lick their wounds and repeat tanking. And that's fine and dandy til another shows up. So the same battle begins anew.

Tell me to change session/ play in invite only? f*ck off, I'm not saying I can't kill them, I'm saying passing my time killing them is becoming boring.

Having awesome firefights are becoming rarer and rarer since there's always a tanker waiting to show up round the corner and ruin things up.

Personally I have a simple suggestion to fix the problem: Anti-tank land mines.

Unlockable at lvl 50.

Max capacity: 25.

Max number allowed out: 3.

Just enough to make real tank ambushes, and to make them lethal.

No longer would a tank be able to charge in idiotically at any given time, without the fear of getting blown up. You could force a tank to stay at bay by effectively cordoning off a street, either making the fight take place at long range or getting all the time you need to get away. We can finally tell them to back off, if only for a little time. But it would be enough to give us a chance to level our chances of survival.

The tank can still kill you IF he plays it smart (by getting the drop on you, being a better long range shot or outsmarting in your escape), and he doesn't have to die if he decides to leave you alone rather than charging in a mine field or passing the next hour chasing you slowly across the map to get maybe one or two lucky kills.

The tanks greatest strength isnt his armor or fire-rate, it's its ability to be in your face the second you respawn giving you very little time to start organizing an effective counter strategy ( although it does get easier with experience).

If we can take away their ability to stupidly charge in, we can make the fight interesting and much fairer. The tanks can still have fun pvping and trying to run us over...but they will have to start using their heads and start working on their aims ( looking at you tankers that cant take a shot past 10-15 meters). And we get a chance to set our own terms on the fight if we choose to.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by SoggyLuke, 07 January 2014 - 06:34 PM.

lmao..its a TANK

anyone asking for it to be nerfed doesn't understand what a Tank IS, just snipe the driver or rpg it from a roof, tanks are in no way a threat unless you let them be.  Learn to use jets and buzzards against it etc, or Maybe even...get another tank and blow them up.

Did you even read anything i put in my post...

-Snipe the tank driver, yeah... he just gets back in it.

-This isnt IRL so a tank should be balanced to fit in with everything else.

-Like i said in my main post, bringing a tank usually just ruins the lobby quicker for the other people in it, they shouldnt be forced to leave the lobby because something needs balancing

-Getting a jet and chasing the tank is too time consuming to be an effective counter. And the buzzard requires teamwork with a buddy to destroy the tank, hard to come by in GTA

Oh and RPGs... Do me a favour they're useless

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Just train your aim on where the kill shot is?

lmao..its a TANK

-Like i said in my main post, bringing a tank usually just ruins the lobby quicker for the other people in it, they shouldnt be forced to leave the lobby because something needs balancing

-Getting a jet and chasing the tank is too time consuming to be an effective counter. And the buzzard requires teamwork with a buddy to destroy the tank, hard to come by in GTA

-Take note of where you last aimed and keep pressing d-pad on the map to take note of his location. Then when you see the tank again, fire. Dead.

-I'm sure R* already took note of the ways to taking down a tank and feel as if it's nerfed already. 

-Just snipe, airstrike, and bait. Tank drivers are idiots. You can easily bait one into a line of stickies from a rooftop by throwing a airstrike down so it avoids it. Then 2 RPGs or spam 50 cal rounds into it's back (takes me about 20 shots after it starts smoking)

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 07 January 2014 - 06:56 PM.

Seriously hv, you're full of sh*t. I'll bet you don't do any of the crap you suggest. You probably sit in easy mode and call it fair. What a douche.

SubZeroWins
  • SubZeroWins

Finish Him

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Using a tank requires a lot of skill in my opinion.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Using a tank requires a lot of skill in my opinion.

LOL are you taking the actual piss? i hope you are for your own sake

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

The RPG is dissappointing against the tank because the description of it is "Anti tank weapon", however it's long range abilitys are good.

The RPG was the most disappointing weapon in the game. I can't imagine a tank IRL standing up to more than two rockets, thats being generous

Someone should race an RPG rocket in an Akuma and see who hit the wall first

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Just train your aim on where the kill shot is?

lmao..its a TANK

-Take note of where you last aimed and keep pressing d-pad on the map to take note of his location. Then when you see the tank again, fire. Dead.

-I'm sure R* already took note of the ways to taking down a tank and feel as if it's nerfed already. 

-Just snipe, airstrike, and bait. Tank drivers are idiots. You can easily bait one into a line of stickies from a rooftop by throwing a airstrike down so it avoids it. Then 2 RPGs or spam 50 cal rounds into it's back (takes me about 20 shots after it starts smoking)

Lol you're just as bad as the guy i originally replied to, An airstrike is hardly effective.. all he has to do is move 3 feet forward and hes got away from it haha. You're suggestions are so unreliable :L

dzian
  • dzian

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Make stealth work in free roam and tanks would be much easier to deal with.

SubZeroWins
  • SubZeroWins

Finish Him

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

No i'm being serious. You still have to aim the turret at whoever you're after, plus the tank is slow therefore you have to be tactical in your movements.

I admire anyone who uses a tank.

SGra5829
  • SGra5829

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

So u snipe the driver out of the tank, he now knows ur there. He respawns and turns on passive then runs back to his tank. You can't shoot him again before he gets in and now hes going to make sure hes always moving and turning so you can't get another shot on him.
Tank sniping is usually good for the first kill or two unless you are dealing with a complete moron.

SubZeroWins
  • SubZeroWins

Finish Him

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

I've never been sniped whilst in a tank but that's mainly because I don't give them a chance to pull their rifle out :colgate:

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

"Just snipe the driver"

Say the asshats who are at the needed level to do so.

Sorry

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

I've never been sniped whilst in a tank but that's mainly because I don't give them a chance to pull their rifle out :colgate:

nothing you can do if im on top of Weazel plaza. 

ultraheel
  • ultraheel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Swap the level requirements for the tank, RPG & heavy sniper; Heavy sniper at 70, RPG at 90 & tank at 100.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Lieutenant Queen - Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Tank sniping is usually good for the first kill or two unless you are dealing with a complete moron.

I usually deal with these.

Sniping the tank has always been my solution, hasn't done me wrong thus far

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:05 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 08 January 2014 - 06:14 AM.

Getting a jet takes me about 1 minute. And after 1 minute í'm on my way to rape a tank. I think you'r using a outdated technique on how to steal a jet or something...

PS the Tank, Jet ect are all just weapons just like a regular gun, sniper or whatever.

They should just create a friendly fire OFF lobby so that people can chose to join a rampaged LS, be a troll or be trolled. 

A friendly fire off lobby would make people do fun stuff like stunting around LS. Its just one big deathmatch right now.

Remember friendly fire off mode in GTA IV before those retard hackers ruined it? It was freakin awesome.

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Not really a complaint, but for me, it's difficult to take down a take a tank that's moving at top speed and changing directions. 

I usually call Lester to get off the radar, but when they're going top speed, the time goes be pretty quick as I'm trying to stealthily get stickies on the back.

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:29 PM Edited by CorporalBean675, 08 January 2014 - 01:30 PM.

The whole getting off the radar thing usually only works when there's a distraction near by, and one that doesn't move around very often in order to keep the tank steady. That's when you can use your grenade launcher (since the grenades can't be seen being launched) to take out the tank. But again, tank guys nowadays keep moving so it's very difficult to go near them and not be spotted before being blown to hell. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users