Not A Strong Enough Counter To Tanks - My Take On The Tank Epidemic In

97 replies to this topic
SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

At a certain distance, the players avatar disappears. I hate this so much.

• CorporalBean675 likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

Even if you write a lot of words about it, we don't need yet another thread on tanks.

This debate has been done, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Tanks aren't going anywhere! Stop being whiny bitches and learn how to deal with it.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:01 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 06 January 2014 - 06:04 AM.

Even if you write a lot of words about it, we don't need yet another thread on tanks.

This debate has been done, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Tanks aren't going anywhere! Stop being whiny bitches and learn how to deal with it.

I suggest you stop being a hypocrite.

You don't know redundancy until you see debates in the Skyrim forums over Imperials vs Stormcloaks.

Stop bitching about bitching.

People will continue to beat a dead horse for as long as they feel the need to. If you have a problem with it, I suggest you make your way to the exit.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:04 AM

I suggest you stop being a hypocrite.

You don't know redundancy until you see debates in the Skyrim forums over Imperials vs Stormcloaks.

Stop bitching about bitching.

I suggest you mind your own. Everybody is a hypocrite, I'm just tired of seeing a tank thread every single f*cking time I come on here. 

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

I suggest you mind your own.

Another statement which could be redirected at yourself.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

I suggest you mind your own.

Another statement which could be redirected at yourself.

I believe it was you who said something to me sir. Not the other way around. 

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

At a certain distance, the players avatar disappears. I hate this so much.

I don't need to see the person to know they are getting into the tank...the mini map is your friend in all instances. Even if they use off the radar, the tank can only aim so high and can't ever reach the center of a building. Honestly with passive mode, the ability to start a mission from the phone, find a new session and play invite only, I don't see the problem with tanks....I will get between two trees and stand there giving a tank driver the finger until he gets tired of not being able to touch me, and once he's found a new target I'm on my way to the helipad to get another helicopter and get to a roof to take him out again.....there are options to either deal with the tanks or to avoid them so there's no need for people to cry about it.

~TKP~
  • ~TKP~

Wind yer neck in! TKP_1st(PS4)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

what about making tank users blip on the minimap a different colour or something so you don't drive/walk around a corner straight into one. Like a bounty. Their blip is different. A tanks should be too. Maybe like a bounty blip but yellow.

A longer cooldown would help also. Cheers OP for a sensible tank thread. Well until it was ruined again by.......

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

I've used the minimap in trying to predict when they will be getting back in. Lag makes this suggestion bullsh*t.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:15 AM Edited by TreFacTor, 06 January 2014 - 06:15 AM.

what about making tank users blip on the minimap a different colour or something so you don't drive/walk around a corner straight into one. Like a bounty. Their blip is different. A tanks should be too. Maybe like a bounty blip but yellow.

A longer cooldown would help also. Cheers OP for a sensible tank thread. Well until it was ruined again by.......

Why not simply use the highlight player feature....or what about setting a bounty on them and also using the highlight player feature.......there's no need to over complicate the tank issue.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

Why not simply use the highlight player feature....or what about setting a bounty on them and also using the highlight player feature.......there's no need to over complicate the tank issue.

Would be nice if they had to wait for their tank while I wait to put another bounty...

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

Would be nice if they had to wait for their tank while I wait to put another bounty...

I'm not going to argue the tank issue...there are those that can deal with it and those who can't. There are tools and tactics for those smart enough and good enough to use them. 

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

I agree, I think they should make another launcher. A SMAW or a real anti-tank rocket launcher. RPG in real life are a joke literally, with all the new tank technology and armor that every tank has it's literally a joke. I think it takes about 7+ or more to actually damage a real life M1A2 Abrams tank.

I agree, they should add the stinger from GTA San Andreas, i ain't gonna lie, i use my tank, but i use it for fight against the griefers, i also has the oportunity to destroy tanks with lazers but is dificult though, i would like that my crew be more populated, is there's something that make me feel proud and happy is the fight against griefers, i have save a few kids out there (you know, lvl 4 - 15)

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:49 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 06 January 2014 - 06:49 AM.

I'm not going to argue the tank issue...there are those that can deal with it and those who can't. There are tools and tactics for those smart enough and good enough to use them. 

How smart do you really have to be to call for your own tank? That has nothing to do with the tanks being too strong.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

Just a reminder, please do not respond to spammy posts.

Thank you :)
  • Clueless Muffin likes this

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Yeah i tried for a sensible one but well... haha theres always someone who comes on these forums daily just to start an argument over absolutely nothing, must be to make their E-Penis bigger

You're just throwing out anything that could be a counter but at the end of the day they're not consistent counters, your average player probably doesnt even know you can snipe the driver. There needs to be a counter which isnt too complicated for the average player.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Pretty good points raised in OP, i'm yet to try out the Buzzard though.

The attacker vs attacker role isn't balanced with regards to what one has to do to fight back (time-wise), hopefully that changes at some point.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Pretty good points raised in OP, i'm yet to try out the Buzzard though.

The attacker vs attacker role isn't balanced with regards to what one has to do to fight back (time-wise), hopefully that changes at some point.

Definetly try the buzzard tactic, its hilarious! its rare to see a buzzard used against one so more often than not when youre firing missiles directly above they freak out wondering where the f*ck they're coming from haha

EarlyLifeFailure
  • EarlyLifeFailure

YaCuncha

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Sniper rifle + rooftop x  four blocks distance = "How the f*ck did you snipe me out of the tank"

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I did this yesterday, read about it on this forum so kept trying - Atop of Tinsel Towers the tank was by LSC - and I never used the Heavy Sniper rifle...

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

well.. i'd be happy with a damage nerf or maybe limited ammo, like 20 shells a tank so it becomes pretty much useless after running out of ammo.

i agree that it's kind of annoying as it is now.. best way to stop one now is when another player calls for his tank, and after 5 minutes there are 3 tanks and the session is f*cked

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

well.. i'd be happy with a damage nerf or maybe limited ammo, like 20 shells a tank so it becomes pretty much useless after running out of ammo.

i agree that it's kind of annoying as it is now.. best way to stop one now is when another player calls for his tank, and after 5 minutes there are 3 tanks and the session is f*cked

Couldnt agree more tbh

FertileFuZZ
  • FertileFuZZ

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I wish you could just run upto the buggers and rip the person out of it (like you do a car) then either beat them down/shoot them, and then do what ever you want with the tank ie, ditch it, Explode it, Use it (untill some one else rips you out)..

Tanks are anyoying, but they are easly avoided also..

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:19 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 06 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.

This is my favourite tank sniping spot...

http://gta.wikia.com...Business_Center

Obviously if the tank is not in central LS then it's no good, but most people who want to actually cause grief with a tank will stay around that area.  I've parachuted from the top of that building to near LSC to steal a tank from someone I killed.  I did have to kill him again before I got in the tank, but off the radar and using the tank for cover would make that a 0 problem.  Also, I hesitated for a few seconds before jumping off - I wasn't gonna do it.  If I hadn't done that then I probably could have got in before he got to me and realised he was being jacked.

Height is the key.  That gives you straight-line distance, without actually being too far away from the tank.  Arcadius is tall enough to mean tanks can't even get close to shelling you, but low enough to give you a good horizontal range.

Pythagoras.  See, maths IS useful!

• johnwontscore likes this

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

This is my favourite tank sniping spot...

http://gta.wikia.com...Business_Center

Obviously if the tank is not in central LS then it's no good, but most people who want to actually cause grief with a tank will stay around that area.  I've parachuted from the top of that building to near LSC to steal a tank from someone I killed.  I did have to kill him again before I got in the tank, but off the radar and using the tank for cover would make that a 0 problem.  Also, I hesitated for a few seconds before jumping off - I wasn't gonna do it.  If I hadn't done that then I probably could have got in before he got to me and realised he was being jacked.

Height is the key.  That gives you straight-line distance, without actually being too far away from the tank.  Arcadius is tall enough to mean tanks can't even get close to shelling you, but low enough to give you a good horizontal range.

I snipe on that building all the time! just a bitch if someone goes to a higher building haha

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

I snipe on that building all the time! just a bitch if someone goes to a higher building haha

Yeah, but there's only a few places you need to keep an eye on.  I just find it much better than the Maze bank tower as you can get targets that are further away.  I only use the Maze tower when I'm in a tank :p

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

Yeah, but there's only a few places you need to keep an eye on.  I just find it much better than the Maze bank tower as you can get targets that are further away.  I only use the Maze tower when I'm in a tank :p

Theres a fair few good spots around the maze bank to snipe tanks, if one is around the Ammu Nation i usually go ontop of the construction site and chill on the wooden scaffolding surrounding the outside edges of the building, can get some good shots off and occasionally see helis flying as far as LSX

BlackRuiner
  • BlackRuiner

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

Just f*cking take it out of online

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

Just f*cking take it out of online

Yeah I love that line of logic... Group of people who are unable to adapt to something like this want others who can handle it to miss out by having it removed. Cops kicking your ass a Lil? Remove cops...like ffs people. Just mind boggling

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:27 AM

I agree, I think they should make another launcher. A SMAW or a real anti-tank rocket launcher. RPG in real life are a joke literally, with all the new tank technology and armor that every tank has it's literally a joke. I think it takes about 7+ or more to actually damage a real life M1A2 Abrams tank.

I'm pretty sure that real life RPGs can wreak havoc on tanks, even M1A1s, it just depends on the rounds that they use. I did some quick research and all that I can find is that RPG-7s are not powerful enough to destroy an M1A1 (possibly can disable it if it on the tracks but still won't destroy it). My buddy is an active duty US soldier fighting in Afghanistan and says that the forces he's fighting in that country are all currently equipped with RPG-9s (thanks to f*cking Pakistan). Tanks don't see much of any use in Afghanistan - at least not in the mountainside areas where he fights - so he hasn't told me what an RPG-9 can do to a tank, but he says against armored HUMVEEs they slice through their armor like butter (compare to an RPG-7 that would usually just get stuck in the armor). Now, I say all of this as someone who's not a military person so I could be mistaken, but I do know that the effectiveness of an RPG launcher all depends on what rounds it uses. Also, I frequent LiveLeak and from viewing the many Syrian Civil War videos on there it's obvious that whatever RPGs they're using over there (I'm guessing RPG-9s) are very effective against Assad's older Soviet T series tanks (T-55s, T-62s, T-72s).

TL;DNR An RPG's effectiveness depends on its round. There are rounds out there that can destroy in one shot manyactive-duty tanks and at least cripple M1A1s if shot in the treads.

With that said, tanks are awesome and I have no problem with them because I know how to deal with them in game and in the occurrence that they do cause me serious problems I find a new session.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

Best Counter to tanks = common sence and knowing that the tank user is ridiculously bad at playing GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users