Photo

Not A Strong Enough Counter To Tanks - My Take On The Tank Epidemic In

97 replies to this topic
SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:59 AM Edited by SoggyLuke, 06 January 2014 - 05:18 AM.

Now before i start, this post is not intended to be another whine thread in and amongst the bazillion other tank threads its just merely my take on the matter. Enough people seem to share an opinion on the tanks in this game and i thought i would also.

I personally think that theres not a strong enough counter to the tank issue in this game and no balance to them, sure you can call your own tank but a tank driver with enough common knowledge knowns the 4 spawn locations for tanks in Los Santos and would know to check frequently. Plus bringing a tank to a tank fight just makes the situation worse in some cases.

You may say "Snipe the tank driver, its easy!" yes it may be easy but the fact is, how long does it take to get to a vantage point, snipe the driver and feel good about the shot only to see the tank driver spawn 100 yards from the tank and just get back in it again and resume his carnage. I have very very rarely seen a tank driver not get back in his tank because someone sniped him in it. Its a counter to tanks yes but not an effective one.

You may also say "call a mugger on him, that'll do the trick" yes it may do the trick but chances are the mugger will be easily killed or the tank driver will just get back up after being mugged and get right back in his tank, its also fairly simple to steal the tank back from the mugger if he happened to steal it.

The RPG's / Grenade Launchers and Sticky bombs are a counter also but if they are to be an effective counter to tanks  they need a buff against them. I personally think 3-4 RPGs should do the trick against a tank and stickies should be even more effective depending on where the explosion on the tank occurs ( 3 to the rear, 6 to the front etc) And for the Grenade Launcher... Well its not really supposed to be a counter to tanks so they would naturally do less damage than Stickies and RPG's.

The only way i could see it being fine with Tanks taking tones of RPGS/ Stickies and Grenade Launcher rounds like they do now is if they did something about the cost to have one delivered and some sort of cool down period like bounties have.

Some may say "Go to invite only, problem solved or switch sessions" while that may be true, a player should not have to feel resigned to playing on their own or constantly switch sessions because of a tank threat. Some people out there like to meet new people. GTA is about having a good time and to truely get the most out of the game it requires more than one person.

The only remotely effective solution to tanks ive come across which actually causes the tank to turn from the hunter to the hunted is the Buzzard with a co pilot firing missiles directly below onto the tank, the tank driver cant aim his turret up and he has no choice but to run. It is an effective method i use frequently with my crew but with the amount of teamwork this game doesnt have between your average Tom, Dick and Harry its not a reliable solution neither in my opinion.

Now i love tanks on this game; ive loved them since the first GTA. It gives you that sense of power and i would love them to stay because its something that sort of makes GTA what GTA is but there needs to be a viable counter to the tanks in this game. They give people too much power over other people and they are overpowered in their current state.

What do you guys think needs changing about the tanks? i personally think there's a few tweaks to be made to make them balanced and fair and not a complete nuisance everyone but the prepubescent  griefers out there.

May i remind you people who come on here specifically to call someone out on something that this is not intended to be another whine thread but just my opinion on the matter.

• gevans81, Rockwheels, sinbot and 1 other like this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

Even if you write a lot of words about it, we don't need yet another thread on tanks.

• TreFacTor, Mr. Crowley, UnicornAssassin and 2 others like this

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

Even if you write a lot of words about it, we don't need yet another thread on tanks.

Thank your for contributing jack sh*t to the discussion. 

@Soggyluke: I agree 100%. Tanks need to be nerfed or explosive ordinance needs to be buffed. Tanks IRL are weakest at their rear and strongest at their front. So 3 RPG shots to a tank's ass should be a good enough balance to it's power.

• Rockwheels, Sharks80fr, sinbot and 2 others like this

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:11 AM Edited by SoggyLuke, 06 January 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Freedom of speech buddy, at least my thread about tanks is not by some 13 year old who goes " tanks are f*cking  sh*t i hate them bla bla bla" and a 10 minute rant occurs.

I shared my opinion on the matter without wanting it to turn out like all the other threads

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

I agree, I think they should make another launcher. A SMAW or a real anti-tank rocket launcher. RPG in real life are a joke literally, with all the new tank technology and armor that every tank has it's literally a joke. I think it takes about 7+ or more to actually damage a real life M1A2 Abrams tank.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

Thank your for contributing jack sh*t to the discussion. 

@Soggyluke: I agree 100%. Tanks need to be nerfed or explosive ordinance needs to be buffed. Tanks IRL are weakest at their rear and strongest at their front. So 3 RPG shots to a tank's ass should be a good enough balance to it's power.

Yup i love tanks in this game but you just know they're overpowered and need tweaking when you use them against players haha

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

tanks are f*cking sh*t i hate them bla bla bla

Have you heard of the 2nd Amendment? Use your own tank to fight against the griefers. It usually stops them, if not, rejoin a new session.

You don't need a whole thread on this.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Rehab

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

on one of the other tank threads a person suggested to have the tank spawn only at Fort Zancudo...

if you ask me thats a great idea as it would slow down the tank user a bit.

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

Have you heard of the 2nd Amendment? Use your own tank to fight against the griefers. It usually stops them, if not, rejoin a new session.

Didn't you read?

Also, so by your logic. I'm actually being forced to find another lobby because someone decided to be an asshole?

Wow.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

Yes but bringing a tank out usually involves someone else getting one, then another and then another. Before you know it the small percentage of people in the lobby who actually want to do their own thing feel like they have to leave the session. With a viable counter to the tanks that actually works effectively the average joe can deal with the threat fairly easy and carry on with what they were doing.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

The RPG: should take 3-5 rockets. And the rockets must move MUCH faster with none of that spiraling bullsh*t. Go look up RPG-7 on YouTube

Sticky bombs: 3-4 to kill

Buzzard: Rockets lock on to tanks. 3-4 for a kill

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

on one of the other tank threads a person suggested to have the tank spawn only at Fort Zancudo...

if you ask me thats a great idea as it would slow down the tank user a bit.

I would like that also, you would be able to know if a tank was inbound also by looking on the map and seeing what was happening

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:25 AM Edited by Mr. Crowley, 06 January 2014 - 05:27 AM.

I shared my opinion on the matter without wanting it to turn out like all the other threads

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:26 AM Edited by Digitalbulletz, 06 January 2014 - 05:29 AM.

Someone suggested in a previous thread but I vote for a longer cool off period for respawing the tank like 30 minutes or some sh*t...in all honesty though I can care less I know how to avoid them and it doesn't really bother me if someone wants to go nuts with a tank it's a free world...a counter would also be super sick tho like a submarine with tomahawk cruise missiles!!

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

After all the RPG is literally what the name suggest, Rocket Propelled GRANADE.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Whatever floats your boat. You dont find this thread of any use at all, some do.

Its still more effective than a grenade launcher though haha

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

The tank's power level is fine. It's a tank. It just needs a cooldown to make it worth taking the time to deal with it.
  • johnwontscore likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

The tank is made for trolls, and those same trolls will defend the tank by trolling.

• saintsrow likes this

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

Whatever floats your boat. You dont find this thread of any use at all, some do.

Its still more effective than a grenade launcher though haha

True, but it's still one. Just in steroids. :/

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

Sniper rifle + rooftop x  four blocks distance = "How the f*ck did you snipe me out of the tank"

PROBLEM SOLVED.

• The Spook likes this

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

Sniper rifle + rooftop x  four blocks distance = "How the f*ck did you snipe me out of the tank"

PROBLEM SOLVED.

He spawns 50 meters way from it. And gets back in again.

yeah..

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:33 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 06 January 2014 - 05:34 AM.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

This is a situational method that will not always be available depending on where the driver goes.

Also the post above me is correct too.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED.

yeah..

I said just that in my main post. Dont understand these people who say problem solved when you snipe the driver. 9/10 times he will just get right back in it unless someone is next to it but that isn't that likely

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED.

yeah..

I said just that in my main post. Dont understand these people who say problem solved when you snipe the driver. 9/10 times he will just get right back in it unless someone is next to it but that isn't that likely

Not just  that. he can just leave and get another tank and make sure you're not a threat anymore.

O.o

IXBillyXI
  • IXBillyXI

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:39 AM Edited by IXBillyXI, 06 January 2014 - 05:42 AM.

The explosions in the game just need to do more damage. Their explosvie radius doesn't need to be increased just the strength of the explosion. This will allow the tank to not need a nerf in explosvie damage taken because then the ramming cops would take it out in no time. This will allow the tank driver to not worry about NPCs much but at the same time ACTUALLY need to worry about someone on foot.

Also to note that everything gets blown up in a single explosvie shot anyways besides the tank. RPG, grenade launcher, Sticky Bomb  and maybe the buzzard rockets just need to be a stronger explosive.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

The explosions in the game just need to do more damage. Their explosvie radius doesn't need to be increased just the strength of the explosion. This will allow the tank to not need a nerf in explosvie damage taken because then the ramming cops would take it out in no time. This will allow the tank driver to not worry about NPCs much but at the same time ACTUALLY need to worry about someone on foot.

They do enough damage. The tank needs an armor nerf.

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

They do enough damage. The tank needs an armor nerf.

Cars shouldn't explode if you run over them in a tank.. Only if it hits the gas tank, and THAT still does not mean it will blow up..

Extremely unrealistic.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:53 AM Edited by TreFacTor, 06 January 2014 - 05:56 AM.

I know the driver spawns close to the tank, using a sniping position gives you an advantage in more ways than one.

You are not on the ground and can see both the tank and the driver. He can only see his tank...snipe him trying to get back in.

He can't directly confront you because:

A)He's reliant on the tank and won't initially think about anything else making him more susceptible to another strike as he tries to regain his tank.

B)He has to locate your position. You already know his.

It takes time to open the phone, call Pegasus, get an answer and then hang up...in that time I can call Merryweather to attack that person, call a mugger or get another shot on the tank driver.

You have options to deal with the tanks and not every session will have a tank in it. It's been my experience that once you've shown a tank driver your ass he will abandon trying to kill you and bother other people in which case wash rinse and repeat the previous steps I've mentioned, find another session or only play with friends.

I'm not just bullsh*tting, I'm doing it right now as I type...

• The Spook likes this

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

I know the driver spawns close to the tank, using a sniping position gives you an advantage in more ways than one.

You are not on the ground and can see both the tank and the driver. He can only see his tank...snipe him trying to get back in.

He can't directly confront you because:

A)He's reliant on the tank and won't initially think about anything else making him more susceptible to another strike as he tries to regain his attack.

B)He has to locate your position. You already know his.

It takes time to open the phone, call Pegasus, get an answer and then hang up...in that time I can call Merryweather to attack that person, call a mugger or get another shot on the tank driver.

You have options to deal with the tanks and not every session will have a tank in it. It's been my experience that once you've shown a tank driver your ass he will abandon trying to kill you and bother other people in which case wash rinse and repeat the previous steps I've mentioned, find another session or only play with friends.

Well generally if you can see the player next to the tank you're not far away enough to snipe the driver. Sniping the driver is not a reliable counter, it just doesnt deter them

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Rehab

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED.

yep always work... you kinda feel how his morale goes down the drain the moment the waste screen appear in his tv hahaha

rage over the mic, followed by "youre a hacker" haha
  • The Spook likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users