Conversion from Sketchup

4 replies to this topic
Helpinghand
  • Helpinghand

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Hi Gtaforums,

I have found an awesome 3d model on google warehouse which has a good shape and polygon count. 

I want to convert this model to IV. Does anybody know how to convert it?

Thanks,

Helpinghand

Turbocharged Prelude
  • Turbocharged Prelude

On my way to steal yo bitch with this mother f*cking fez.

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:36 PM Edited by Turbocharged Prelude, 17 January 2014 - 07:24 PM.

Hey there,

Maybe you could take a look at StillDre's tutorial on youtube right here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mbtU3ZowPC8

Hope it helps.

I'm also a newbie to this stuff so don't expect a big help from me. I've been doing this for years and made tons of maps for VC and SA, but I have never done it in IV, so.. just to let you know. Also, I think you'll get collision bugs because it's made in Sketchup, I'd suggest you to stick to models made in 3DS max or Cityscape. In III era modding Sketchup models were never a way to go. Probably not in IV neither.

EDIT:

I've found an even better tutorial, here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5BIwhBe0Xc0

It's fantastic, I went down on it and here are results:

QjlTGHx.png

(ignore the missing textures, was too lazy to find them all)

Everything is pretty much same as in III, so I didn't have problems keeping up with tutor, you shouldn't, too. Just follow the tutorial easily, step by step and success is guaranteed. You can't miss it. No col bugs, no mess.

And stick to 3DS Max. :)

Helpinghand
  • Helpinghand

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

Thanks man!, Do you know if this tutorial works for vehicles to? :)

Turbocharged Prelude
  • Turbocharged Prelude

On my way to steal yo bitch with this mother f*cking fez.

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Unfortunately no, this is map stuff only. Vehicles are far more complex but you'll probably find various tutorials on the matter. Do some research, google. Good luck.

• Helpinghand likes this

Helpinghand
  • Helpinghand

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Unfortunately no, this is map stuff only. Vehicles are far more complex but you'll probably find various tutorials on the matter. Do some research, google. Good luck.

I managed to make it work with vehicles! :colgate:

Thanks for the tutorials anyway, i'll certainly use one of them in the future!  :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users