Quantcast

» «
Photo

What does the strength stat actually do in gtao?

21 replies to this topic
stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 05 January 2014 - 05:02 PM.

As a level 115 with a low strength stat I've never raised it to try. It doesn't seem to affect much but,

I know for sure it doesn't....
-Give you more health
-Allow you to survive or land on your feet from higher distances

What I'm not sure of is if it....
-helps you climb ladders faster
-makes melee do more damage
-allows you to take more damage from cars as a pedestrian

Anyone have any ideas what it actually does?

And this is gtao only no half cocked ideas about what you heard it does in story mode, only stuff you've experience differently. I know the fall distance thing is true because my level 5 character bails from the same heights my level 115 stomps no problem and they have same level of strength or pretty close.
  • meth. likes this

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:01 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 05 January 2014 - 05:05 PM.

It makes you climb ladders/fences faster and you take less melee damage (it takes more hits to kill you if you're in a fist fight, Im pretty sure melee weapons kill you as fast as anyone else tho)

You take less damage from survivable drops while indeed it does NOT let you survive higher distance drops.

It makes people have to run you over a couple times to kill you...though if they are going near max speed in a vehicle it still autokills you so its pointless unless you're juking a vehicle out and they slowly hit you.

Not that useful of a stat, I maxed all my stats just cuz.

I was on the back of a friends' motorcycle and we had the same amount of HP (both 120+ ranks) and went off a cliff near that construction site or w/e where you go to collect a bounty in SP and he died instantly on impact and it took me down to half HP.

Me having max strength and he being like most users and having not even 2 bars.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Can anyone confirm arm wrestling helps this stat. I'm like 35-1 in wins in arm wrestling and my stat is low. Is that because I only arm wrestle like once a week irl and the stat drops? Or only golf makes it go up?

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:08 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 05 January 2014 - 05:09 PM.

I've yet to do arm wrestling so I don't know. (That and rally races are the last things I gotta do..lol)

I maxed mine off melee stomping on a friends' tank when it was possible to do that. (took around 5 minutes to go from barely 2 bars to max..makes sense Rockstar patched it)

Melee fighting civilians (I recommend the hoods near Grove street and where the Ballas are..since they fight back and only pull guns if you pull a weapon out..melee included) makes it go up too..but Golf is faster.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Pretty sure it also helps with fall damage.

Not certain if it increases damage resistance overall, could just be placebo :p

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:15 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 05 January 2014 - 05:16 PM.

I'd like it up for climbing ladders as I visit the helipad at the hospital quite often. And as for fall damage my guy will be 'random hero' if he is able to take more fall damage. He can already scorpion from 2 stories up and barely have a scratch. Might time for some golf.

Thumbs up if you understood my Ryan Dunn reference.

Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

your character will grit their teeth more tightly while doing The Jerk motion

• MookStunna and ChrilLe like this

Nyraider77
  • Nyraider77

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Just go around get into fights strength stat max no time

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:08 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 06 January 2014 - 12:12 AM.

OP you will climb faster, and absorb more physical damage from melee, kill NPCs and players quicker during melee combat. Also take a few extra rounds to the chest then you normally would survive from. I will add this though they definitely corrected the lung capacity stat, I can stay underwater a hell of allot longer then I used to be able to, and I've had that stat maxed out for a long time.

EDIT: Yes I've been run over as a pedestrian on my motorcycle by a JoBuilt Semi, and survived. But if a player runs you over at 130 mph you will still be road pizza regardless of strength stat.

• MookStunna likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

No one mentioned that you're able to take no damage from higher falls.

If a person with max strength jumps off from an average height with someone with low strength, the max strength person will hit the ground and roll, taking no damage while the low strength person will immediately ragdoll mid-air, and take damage from the fall.

This makes it very useful.

• MookStunna likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

If a person with max strength jumps off from an average height with someone with low strength, the max strength person will hit the ground and roll, taking no damage while the low strength person will immediately ragdoll mid-air, and take damage from the fall.

this is not the strength stat that causes 1 character to bail and 1 character to roll. Break falls are affected by rank and not strength my level 115 and level 5 have pretty much the same strength but Mr.115 stomps landings that Mrs.5 bails hard on.

confirmed

-ladder climbing faster

-deal more melee damage

debatable...

-absorb more physical damage from cars and falls (i would think overall health is what affects this) i think this needs testing between two low levels with varied strength stats

-absorb more melee damage

-break falls/rolling

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

I've yet to do arm wrestling so I don't know. (That and rally races are the last things I gotta do..lol)

I maxed mine off melee stomping on a friends' tank when it was possible to do that. (took around 5 minutes to go from barely 2 bars to max..makes sense Rockstar patched it)

Melee fighting civilians (I recommend the hoods near Grove street and where the Ballas are..since they fight back and only pull guns if you pull a weapon out..melee included) makes it go up too..but Golf is faster.

And how much golf are you supposed to play? Played for like an hour with my friend and there were no positive results.

Soulrise
  • Soulrise

Original Guerrilla

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

And how much golf are you supposed to play? Played for like an hour with my friend and there were no positive results.

Me too. I played 4 rounds (all 9 holes each time) and barely saw any difference. I stopped after that.

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

I swear I've seen this thread made 12 times

ooMrmojoRisin
  • ooMrmojoRisin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by ooMrmojoRisin, 08 January 2014 - 09:48 PM.

yup..makes me wonder how much times is search option used..

anyway..if you wanna raise your strength,see if it still works golf-1 hole solo game..

when I was raising it,it was like 6-8 games per bar(and 1 game takes 1-2 mins).

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

You should see what 100 lung capacity does online  :blink: .

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

You should see what 100 lung capacity does online  :blink: .

yah once1.08 actually made lung capacity really work I went free diving off vespucci beach. It's freaking awsome.

still not sure if golf and arm wrestling have any effect on strength anymore just the same as punching cars doesn't work anymore.

also, doing a search for a thread that was made 3 patches ago probably isn't even relevant anymore.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:54 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 08 January 2014 - 10:55 PM.

he maneuvers alot better w higher strength also...

for instance if u attempt to jump over a car, he will slide over the car quickly instead of jumping on top of the car.... 

and yes, instead of just wobbling out of control to the ground u will roll out of land safer...

and the obvious, quicker melee kills...

i found the easiest way to achieve strength is to play the melee death matches... its supposed to be 20 punches u land increases the stat by 1%...

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

Thank god I got 100 strength on a truck before they patched it out.

100 lung capacity too, for some reason...guess it can help with police escapes. 

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

I have mentioned it.

FIRST!

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Faster melee kills, definitely. I have it maxed, and you can take out NPCs with one counter.

I'd try it on a player, but it's literally like bringing a fist to a gun fight.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

Play golf or do street fights honestly those are the best ways to Max strength

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users