Do you think GTAV has lost its shine?

75 replies to this topic
RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'm going to take a lot of sh*t for this one but...

Yes. It has. I tried to play V for the first time in a couple of months yesterday, I was honestly so bored I turned it off after 20 minutes. That said, I tried playing IV and EFLC as well, and they also bored the sh*t out of me. Maybe it was just the mood I was in. 

Skyrim, though - I've been playing it constantly for 3 years and it just doesn't get old. What's that all about? What has it got that GTA hasn't?

I'll answer your question: Big +  Beauty + RPG, few words to the wise is sufficient. ;)

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

I think every game loses it's shine a bit after it's been out for a few months. It's no longer this new shiny piece of surprise. That being said, I stopped playing for a bit and just now am starting again and I'm still enjoying it. I just hope that Rockstar add some much needed stuff into this game like some more safehouses, garage space etc. And in talking single player. I tried online and it wasn't fun for me at all.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Yes. It has. I tried to play V for the first time in a couple of months yesterday, I was honestly so bored I turned it off after 20 minutes. That said, I tried playing IV and EFLC as well, and they also bored the sh*t out of me. Maybe it was just the mood I was in. 

Skyrim, though - I've been playing it constantly for 3 years and it just doesn't get old. What's that all about? What has it got that GTA hasn't?

Here is a tip? Why don't you just force yourself to play V for more than 20 minutes? I forced myself to play V last weekend and it grew on me. You should do this with V and IV.

It really irritates me when people say bullsh*t like "I tried it for 15 minutes and then turned it off." Dude just give the game a chance.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, I've been playing V like crazy recently. Before that I never touched the game for 2 weeks, and then decided, I need to play it.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

far too much focus on online, i haven't played it yet but from what i can see far too much focus online. Go back to san andreas roots yo

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:14 PM Edited by Bozzah, 20 March 2014 - 06:16 PM.

at the beginning, I was so happy that I FINALLY got this game (not only because it's GTA V but also because I haven't bought a video game in like 3 years)

now it got so addictive for me and my brother that I have put my disc away so I don't get to play it anymore since my brother plays it so much that he's ruining his marriage. When I play, he plays. When I don't play, he doesn't play either.

He might thank me in some weeks ...doing this because I don't want to be THAT guy that can be blames if he f*cks it up (I hope he won't)

Now it's gonna be GTA IV for me again :(

TL;DR: No, it's still as awesome as in the first days. Of course, everyone has tried lots of things in this game, but you can still laugh a lot while doing hilarious/impossible stunts, hear people rage etc.

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

lol it never even had any shine in the first place. dlc is all we can hope for in terms of fun and substantial gameplay content. if it fails, then this game will simply go down in my book as the biggest gta disappointment ever. truth hurts.

Xx-ADITYA-xX
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX

Blazing Wolves - Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

-The fact that you MUST own a smartphone in order to train Chop and customize your car plates is complete bullsh*t.

I agree with you for the most part on what you stated in your post: but yeah, this really, really sucks. Not everyone does own a smartphone, or a compatible smartphone for that matter (such as me) to make use of those apps and it effectively "locks out" in game features for a section of people who play the game.

If I buy a game, I expect to have access to all available features, not be locked out because I don't own a smartphone or for some similar reason.

Yeah that's true, but you're not really losing out on much. Just custom license plates which isn't that big of a deal. Training chop? Well, is it really necessary? I didn't really care about Chop that much, I tried to train him once from the app but it was dreadful, nothing too useful. 

PandaLovingLion
  • PandaLovingLion

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

If there's one thing I'd change its the payout system. Do Coveted in 6 mins on hard for 18K, over and over again, is pretty much my only way of making substantial money fast. Sometimes I wish the payments depended on level. I'm not high enough for RR and the last 63-75 is such a boring grind. If it was easier to make money, and the payouts of missions were anywhere near decent, then I'd be perfectly happy. Also the bullsh*t earlier of some guy griefing me with sticky bombs but me still having to pay insurance despite it being his kill. I got the game to play online with my girlfriend, and since I have no issue doing that, it serves its purpose. I just feel like rockstar moan when people glitch but then make long and hard (hehe) missions pay absolutely wank. A better payout system would be a helpful solution. Even so you still have to do a lot of missions. I'd rather do any mission and get 5k than have to do the same 3 missions just to get 10k minimum. I want to be able to do a mission, get a decent amount, vote for another mission, and it be worth it. Not do one, quit, host the same one again. ORRRRR have the ability to edit mission payment as like, normal RP and Cash, No RP but more cash, no cash but more rp. Once you reach 120 and want a car you have to grind the same sh*t repeatedly. I find myself getting bored easily because I get charged for other peoples dickheadedness, and don't make enough money from missions to make it worthwhile. Its easier and more fun to sell the cars from around grove street than to play the many missions available because you get 10-13k ish each time. There's more than enough missions, but 750$ for 20 minutes is balls when you can do Coveted in 5 and survival in 20-30 solo. If the missions paid more then I think people would glitch less and be better generally. Remember the 1$ tanks? If missions paid more people would be more inclined to save rather than do anything to avoid playing the same 3 missions over and over again.

I'm not really ranting, I just wish the money/payments/prices were better balanced

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Here is a tip? Why don't you just force yourself to play V for more than 20 minutes? I forced myself to play V last weekend and it grew on me. You should do this with V and IV.

It really irritates me when people say bullsh*t like "I tried it for 15 minutes and then turned it off." Dude just give the game a chance.

Is this really you Stingray X?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:03 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 20 March 2014 - 10:04 PM.

Shining like a five dollar bill.

To clarify, it has lost it's shine but not it's appeal. 

I take breaks from it for a couple of days, when I don't feel like playing it, but when I play it's always fun. I just don't feel a strong motivation to do anything in particular in that world. Money hasn't been an issue since I beat the game, but most of the activities reward me with money or nothing at all, so there's no strong desire to really do anything except for sh*ts and giggles. Not that theres a whole lot of extracurricular things to do anyway once everything is done.

• Sting4S likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:55 PM Edited by AlexL, 20 March 2014 - 11:59 PM.

GTA 5 is just like a failed star which did not have enough mass to ignite. The potential was there, but it failed to reach it.

Jupiter.gif 

And it looks like it dosen't shine.

• SonOfLiberty and Official General like this

fathergraywolf
  • fathergraywolf

Cheers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:30 AM

I love this game. I'm not really a huge fan of the gta series of games so I didn't really know what to expect. I didn't see any of the trailers, didn't read any previews and none of my friends were hyped about it either. I've only played VC and IV(never finished). Never played San Andreas or any of the Liberty City add-ons. I will be playing this game for a long time though as I find SP and mainly MP very entertaining. There is just so much to do and experience and explore in this gta world. I usually grind RR for 20-30 minutes then go play in the sandbox for an hour, grind, play and so on. To me grinding does get old but I can stop and just get out of the city and admire the beauty of a sunset/sunrise from the top of Mt. Chiliad or find something else unique or a fun place to check out. I was a big CoD player but now I find those games boring. And I still play Skyrim with all add-ons, 2nd character now. I will be playing this game for as long as they keep the servers up. I'll put up with the squeakers in tanks, the glitchers in my garage, the hackers handing out money and all the other minor annoyances because it is such an awesome game. I don't know if I'm allowed to give out my Xbox gamer tag (moderators please let me know)but here it is: fathergraywolf. Let's get together and have some fun. I love this game.

alphaballs9
  • alphaballs9

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

YES!! GTA 5 is boring as hell now.  GTA IV,Episodes,San Andreas,&Vice City were all much better. GTA 5 is in my trash can now….

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:03 AM Edited by Slamman, 22 March 2014 - 01:09 AM.

I took a break after the money issues seemed to be exploding out of control, that's roughly 2 months without any gaming, spending my time on laptop projects and cable TV which I just got again when I moved, finally.

I can tell like a lot of you, if you're weened away from the game like that too, you might find the impulse to get back to it rather weak, Not selling the game short in any way, but parts of it were certainly FRUSTRATING! I hate when that happens as it just tends to discourage me, and sap the fun out.

Agree with Matty's comment above too, not everyone has online Broadband even, and certainly not smart phone apps, Apple iPhone, etc. So, Rockstar and other companies cater to this idea of how if they have it, enjoy it, so must everyone else, likely why PC gets ignored in the same fashion

Nz_fool
  • Nz_fool

Snitch

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

Has GTA IV lost it's shine? 

Answer: It didn't shine, the game was too dark, like RDR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users