Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think GTAV has lost its shine?

75 replies to this topic
lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:47 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 05 January 2014 - 04:49 PM.

So I was just thinking about GTAV pre-release, when we didn't know anything about the game. GTAO too. I remember seeing the shooting mechanics, thinking they would feel like a full-on third person shooter (which I would have liked) and while I was a little disappointed with seeing arcadey driving mechanics, I thought that approach would have been okay if it was done right. 

There was also the whole thing with the radio station stuff. I remember listening to "Regulate" (which was supposed to be in the game) just imagining how awesome it would be to listen to that while cruising around LS.

GTAV looked amazing this point, all the speculation made a lot of us think this is the best game to ever release. 

Then the leaked gameplay started coming up. I remember seeing the Prologue mission, I was thinking "awesome, that looks like a real third person shooter", with the detailed level and all your team-mates being uniquely motion captured.  As I said before, while I was a little disappointed with the driving, seeing the gameplay of the white 9F being driven around, I thought it kinda looked like a full-on racing game.

By the time I get the game, I'm more hyped for a game release than ever before. I couldn't even focus on the cutscenes because I just wanted to sort of be done, and just do everything in the game. It's hard to describe, but surely that's what other people might have felt.

While recently playing, just observing everything that happens, the game feels sort of dead. There's things from pre-release I remember not seeing in-game, like Tracy playing a dance game and Amanda taking the car and going shopping. Hearing about Franklin just walking down Vespucci Beach in the open world and taking a car, it was such a basic description but the way we pictured it in our heads just made us think "wow, that's so f*cking cool."

It may just be me, but the little things like this that seemed to mix the missions with the open world aren't really there. Michael's family didn't do a lot, and I never switched to Franklin and got immediately introduced to a side-mission. 

Anyway. it's seeming like a complaint thread now, and that's not what I intended it to be. 

What I intended this thread to be is for people to come in, and just tell us your story of GTAV. What did you think the game would be like before it released? Has it lost its shine to you? Things like that.

Anyway for me, the game sort of has lost its shine. Just looking at the character's animations, they don't really have a weighty feeling. The cars are very lightweight, and I hate to say it but the game sort of feels a bit..
well..

cheap.

I miss the way the cars handled in GTA4. It was brilliant in multiplayer, such a basic multiplayer let people invent some great game modes.

I'm just gonna leave this vid of GTA4 MP, a GTAForums game of Racers and Breakers.

I haven't really had this kind of fun in GTAV. 

Anyways yeah, tell us your story. I'd like if people didn't come in and just drop complaints, I think there's a thread for that. Small criticisms are fine, but yeah the main point is to tell us your story of GTAV pre-release up until now, and whether you think the game has lost its shine.

:D
  • ..GhosT, Xx-ADITYA-xX, sly1286 and 6 others like this

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Eh, not for me

My main issue deals with the online and its connectivity issues

I'm so sick of waiting twenty minutes to join a job and it says I've been "timed out, returning to GTA story mode" or whatever.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Well I realise there's flaws in the game, but that doesn't stop me from considering V being the best game till date. It's missing a few magic touches otherwise the circle would have been complete.

• TheAdmiester and Th3MaN1 like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Well it kinda has lost it's shine for me. I had a blast playing it, but I will also say there was too much missing from it at the same time, so it's shine faded fast.

Only substantial DLC for SP can reignite my interest in this game. 

• SHARKEM, TheDeaconBosco, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

jaxsun86
  • jaxsun86

Kern Err Terk Yer Percture?

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Just read the topic

No
http://gtaforums.com...hers-snapmatic/
Still shiny

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Why is it always the same forum members?

• DeafMetal, WorldWideFM, Bonnano and 1 other like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

No it hasnt, for me it the best game of this generation
  • DeafMetal, atsjoonas and chilledzop like this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by ..GhosT, 05 January 2014 - 05:25 PM.

My Interest in GTA V Singleplayer got lost just after i finished the story.

My Interest in GTA V Online got lost around R15-20 because its just boring and repetitive. Plus theres the modder/glitcher/exploiter stuff going on.

Imho IVs MP was alot better. Just check youtube.. theres videos of so many random people and/or planned Events which were just so much fun.. and in GTA Online? People killing everyone on sight because "its GTA".

The Trailers were filled too much with lies and made us all overhype it. Its really not what it should be.

We dont even have Heists yet, which they announced to come WITH the GTA Online release.. then they said the first DLC will arrive shortly after the GTAO Launch, which would contain Beach Bum Pack, Heists and Content Creator... what do we have now? Beach Bum (wow.) and not even the half of the content creator.

• Cutter De Blanc, lazy., theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

BEFORE BUYING GTA 5:

Oya_Or9_H.jpg

AFTER BUYING GTA 5:

97_C.jpg

• TJGM and DeafMetal like this

robban
  • robban

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:28 PM Edited by robban, 05 January 2014 - 05:31 PM.

I was lucky, found out about GTA V for the first time in the beginning of 2013. So the wait wasn't that long for me, but I remember when they said the game would come out in the summer of 2013:S

The game didn't come out the way I was hoping, but I'm still enjoy playing it even though I get bored a lot. But even to this day I find new things in the game even though I've been playing. since the game was released. And I haven't collected all alien-parts, all letters and stunt jumps.

I just keep playing while waiting for updates/DLC's.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:28 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 05 January 2014 - 05:30 PM.

Nah. Played it obsessively for 3-4 weeks after its release and then played it casually after that. Started playing it obsessively again lol I've put in maybe 300-400 hours into SP in total and maybe 10-20 in Online, which I'm starting to actually kind of enjoy since the cash given out got me my necessities, now just gotta level a bit and I'll be golden to die and play as I please. Still thought RDR's online was much better though.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 05 January 2014 - 05:30 PM.

Hearing about Franklin just walking down Vespucci Beach in the open world and taking a car, it was such a basic description but the way we pictured it in our heads just made us think "wow, that's so f*cking cool."

There's the problem a lot of people are having. R* isn't entirely faultless, but the fans severely overhyped the game in exactly this kinda way. They hear one thing, and then they think of all the ways it could be amazing, and think that's how it's gonna work. When that doesn't happen, they get disappointed.

But, OT: Nope. Still loving it. RPing is your friend.

• jamieleng, StarFyer and DeafMetal like this

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:30 PM Edited by LiquidNitrogen, 05 January 2014 - 05:31 PM.

No offense but just accept this game. Its one of the best games I've played and the graphics and gameplay are great. Some minor flaws with graphics due to current gen consoles. And the driving mechanism is complained about a lot but I find it as an improvement. Rock star has given us a great game. Accept it.
  • TabooV2 and Sir Winthorpe Herrington like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

As a PC player, yes
  • arrout likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

For me it hasn't.

I didn't hyped it so much to the point where I though this would be the game of the generation. It did quite meet my expectations.

And i've discovered a lot through the game to the point where it makes a lot in IV seem dull and bland.

I've also discovered a reasonable ammount of criminal activities and good interiors, and so I make my own fun with those features.

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

The games been out for a few months, it's bound to have gotten less exciting to play. When they release this new SP DLC my excitement for the game will be reignited. 

Still, it's one of the greatest games i've ever played

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

The games been out for a few months, it's bound to have gotten less exciting to play. When they release this new SP DLC my excitement for the game will be reignited. 

Still, it's one of the greatest games i've ever played

The Singleplayer(Storymode) is so addictive i havent stop playing after almost 4 months of release,it not boring,there are loads of stuff to do i.e.Spaceship parts,Scuba diving,Atv races etc.and yeah it the Greatest Game this Generation,IGN and 300 more reviewers which gave it a perfect 10 said that aswell even Gamespot which was the only that gave it a 9/10 said the same thing.I think the OP expectation was so HIGH

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Still shiny! :)

• IveGotNoValues likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

it lost its shine for me too of course its going to lose its shine if you have been playing it for 400 hours. it lasted longer than i expected to be honest

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

GTA V is everything I thought it wouldn't be. I thought the map would be big ( "[..]and a very big map" ). I started pouring my freetime into researching Southern California, it's countryside and the various different towns of SoCal. I started to subconsciously take in all the poetic descriptions of the game done by GI, IGN et cetera.

The trailers and screenshots were so cleverly taken that I fell for the "size illusion". Everything looked big and everything looked far away from each other. There were tons of vegetation and detailing onto the gameworld ( the gameworld is still brilliantly detailed, though ). I convinced myself that R* would never go back to the arcade-ish driving mechanics. 

When I saw the "welcome to Zancudo river" and the "welcome to Grapeseed" cards, I thought that the map was humongous! Alas, it wasn't. It didn't feel like a state.. Los Santos certainly didn't feel like the LA that I 'researched' using streetview, articles, movies and stuff. Los Santos didn't feel big.

I was pumped for the littlest of things; take Chop for example. I got a boner when I saw the Hispanic guy holding a badass looking Rottweiler by his chain. I was pumped for the "big" desert ( for which R* allegedly spent hundreds of hours into research :bored: ). I was pumped for the "Tall Trees" like woods. I was pumped for the "away from the civilization" feel that the countryside should have given me.

I was a vociferous defender of the then unreleased game, GTA V.

• lazy. likes this

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

But now that I've tried my best to forget the "GTA V of pre-release", I'm beginning to enjoy the game a hell a lot more!

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Have Y'all Forgot About Me?

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

I've played the game from 2013 September 19 until now and it hasn't lost its shine.
There are still many things that I haven't seen and it's excellent, at least to me.
I love the smart AI in the street and people talking to you in the streets. Great, just great.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

Nope, to me it's just as shiney as when it first came out, maybe even shinier.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

One day my plane leaves

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

GTA V is still pretty shiny for me.

Now I do have my gripes with V here and there, but the same can be said about every other game I've ever played. And with GTA there are always changes made that make no sense to me that I'll never understand. Like how come in GTA IV I can choose to shut off or leave my engine running upon exiting my car by simply holding or tapping a button, but in GTA V I can't? I have to get out of my car, fire a weapon and then get back in the car, start up the engine, and then when I exit it the engine will still be running finally. Pretty f*cking stupid, in fact it's down right retarded.

But like the others before it, hang ups aside, I'll be able to enjoy this game for years to come as ultimately the good out weighs the bad, at least from my perspective.

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

I really loved the game when it came out. I've been playing GTA since pt.3 and I was pretty excited about this one because the trailers looked incredible. 

Loved the game, loved the story and characters. And I thought the driving and graphics and everything were really good. 

My ps3 and tv are optimized so I had no issues/freezing/bad aliasing/etc. It was just a great game. 

Finished it, loved it, waited to go online. 

Online dropped and it was fun. Crazy and hectic. Did a sh*t-ton of races and as many missions as I could. 

Griefers were annoying, but they always are. Seemed like people were actively trying to ruin the game for others,...I didn't quite get the appeal in that. 

Then suddenly you made like half the amount of money and RP that you use to make. Then it was just a straight up grind trying to level up. And having to pay for ammo and vests each mission, and paying for your car getting blown up and sh*t,.....and it just stopped being fun. 

It's a great game but when I fire it up now I run around Los Santos and there's not much to do because I already beat the game,......and yoga and that stuff is boring. 

then I think about going online, but then I remember all the griefing and the grinding and that's just not fun to me. 

So I pull the disk out and put in something else. 

Hitman, Uncharted, Saints Row,...something fun. 

I'm not a hardcore gamer. I like games and I've been playing them 30+ years. 

But I play for fun. 

Griefing and grinding isn't fun. 

I figure eventually I'll just delete my save file and have fun going through the single player campaign again. 

The campaign and missions I found very fun and look forward to doing again. 

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:17 AM Edited by Xerukal, 06 January 2014 - 08:18 AM.

"The Shine" hasn't even started yet for PC gamers. When it does, I think the entirety of the GTA V community will feel a whole lot better about the game, as many things will receive refreshment in visual and generally technical form, thanks to seemingly infinite possibilities for improving the game in several ways. Both official and unofficial. 

It's funny, though. I gave in and bought the 360 version at the end of November, and somehow, I still feel the hype. Probably because of that PC version...  

Or because I'm a jumped up little f*cker that's easily excited. 

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

GTA V hasn't really lost its shine for me, either. I still play it quite often (when I have the time). It does have its drawbacks and shortcomings, though, but then again, what game doesn't? It is still definitely up there as one of the best games of this generation IMO.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Of course, there's going to be disappointment when a big new game releases, especially on fan forums like this where there was years of speculation and hype leading up to the release. It's almost like a kid opening a birthday present, enjoying the toy for a few days and then getting bored of it. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just the way entertainment works, nothing can hold your attention forever.

I fell victim to the hype and about two weeks after release I came down from the high when I finally got 100% in the game. I wouldn't say I was disappointed in the game, in fact it's a 9/10 and my second favorite GTA game. My gripes are as follows:

-The soundtrack is all over the place. There are some great songs like Radio Gaga, Convoy, Sleepwalking, etc. But there are also entire radio stations that have zero appeal to me, like Worldwide FM, Fly-Lo FM, and East Los FM.

-There's way too much un-utilized space. I'm a bit torn on this. On the one hand it's nice to have a lot of offroad areas to just go nuts with but at the same time they serve no purpose. There are farms, a prison, construction sites, parks and trails, and small islands that have absolutely no purpose and it's such a missed opportunity. Another thing that bugged me is the "forest" in Paleto Bay, I wouldn't even call it one because it doesn't even cover one square mile.

-The story isn't that interesting. Don't get me wrong, I liked almost all of the characters but the missions they did weren't very interesting (but they were fun). I didn't like being an errand boy for the FIB, Franklin's and Trevor's storylines weren't exactly interesting, etc.

-The heists. The prep missions hogging the mission count, the pitiful payouts (sometimes none at all). At the end of the game you don't have nearly enough money to buy the golf course and it's such a dirty tease.

-The only single player street races you can partake in that allow custom vehicles are for Franklin and only at night.

-The fact that you MUST own a smartphone in order to train Chop and customize your car plates is complete bullsh*t.

-The 100% reward is cool for about 2 minutes and then leaves you wondering why you couldn't also get unlimited ammo or an exclusive vehicles for spending dozens of hours completing the game.

-I think the gunplay is a step down from GTA IV, especially the lock-on system. Remember when you could see enemy health and aim for body parts without leaving lock-on?

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:47 AM Edited by PIOCapacitor, 06 January 2014 - 08:47 AM.

-The fact that you MUST own a smartphone in order to train Chop and customize your car plates is complete bullsh*t.

and if you own an Android you were screwed. 

And by the time it worked for Android a lot of us had already beaten the game. So what's the point? 

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

I agree with you for the most part on what you stated in your post: but yeah, this really, really sucks. Not everyone does own a smartphone, or a compatible smartphone for that matter (such as me) to make use of those apps and it effectively "locks out" in game features for a section of people who play the game.

If I buy a game, I expect to have access to all available features, not be locked out because I don't own a smartphone or for some similar reason.

• Cutter De Blanc, lazy., Mr_Goldcard and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users