Quantcast

» «
Photo

No tips/guides for Laser Jet flying/fighting?

29 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

I can't seem to find a guide or even discussion on how best to handle and fight in a Laser Jet, either here or on YouTube.

I'm mainly talking about during the Vehicle Deathmatch: Fort Zancudo.

I'm relatively good at it, but naturally there are others that are better. I see some turning quicker when I am chasing them I don't quite know how that is done?

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

RB and LB make you turn sharper, if that helps.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Thanks, I have tried that but it still didn't match what this one guy was doing.

I experimented with giving less thrust when turning, but I couldn't determine whether or not that made things better or worse?

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I think less thrust does make your turns tighter.
I spent quite some time with some stolen jets from the base.
I have tried my skills in that Deathmatch yet but I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked ;)

Kvothe
  • Kvothe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Ive gotten pretty good at them, the best piece of advice i can give you is never use your missiles, especially if attacking a ground target. Many people are not aware, but the machine guns on the jet shoot explosive rounds. (same rounds as the explosive bullets cheats in single player). These rounds destroy enemy jets on impact, and can destroy tanks with only a few seconds of exposure. The machine gun rounds are much harder to dodge, also. 

The best way IMO to target anything is to maneuver behind them using 3rd person, and switch to first person to line up your machine gun shots. Once you have taken out your enemy, switch to 3rd person to find another target.

• ten-a-penny, Malibu454, Furry_Monkey and 1 other like this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:15 PM Edited by Malibu454, 05 January 2014 - 06:16 PM.

Yeah The missiles only lock onto the cops. its kinda annoying.

I have to try that 1st person 3rd person thingy Thanks..

I want to blast up some tank bitches!!

I'll give my tank to someone to test on.. :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Kvothe
  • Kvothe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yea whenever i see tank trolls my trusty lazer is my first thing i turn to. 

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security Lt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

I've never tried that deathmatch even though I enjoy flying the jet,

I am not that bad flying, but as some of you said there's always someone better at it. I like using the machine guns, they are deadly on other jets as well as people on the ground. The main disadvantage I've seen is the distance where the machine guns are effective. You have to be really close to your target, exposing yourself to trees or light poles. I would like to try the effectivness of the machine guns at different distance, to see if my theory is correct or just my aim is not that good.

The missiles are useful if the enemy is on your sight but slightly far, that will make him dodge the missiles and you can get a chance to use the machine guns to destroy the jet.

Anyone good at flying the jet on PS3 willing to show me some tricks (In the jet deathmatch) ? I would appreciate some advice (Preferably with mic).

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Anyone know (when avoiding an inbound missile) if it is better to go vertical as opposed to breaking hard left or right?

livejoker
  • livejoker

What am I still doing here?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Jerk that left thumbstick as if you were furiously masturbating.

Works for me.

• StormerBoy likes this

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security Lt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Anyone know (when avoiding an inbound missile) if it is better to go vertical as opposed to breaking hard left or right?

I've never tried breaking left or right , but when getting out of Fort Zancudo in a jet I think it's better to go vertical 1 second or so after you hear a missile lock on. It doesn't work all the time.

Jerk that left thumbstick as if you were furiously masturbating.

Works for me.

What ?

al_balmer
  • al_balmer

Rainman

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:35 PM Edited by al_balmer, 27 April 2014 - 09:42 PM.

Anyone good at flying the jet on PS3 willing to show me some tricks (In the jet deathmatch) ? I would appreciate some advice (Preferably with mic).

I'm part of a crew especially for dogfighting with jets and you learn a lot just from taking part. Come along sometime.

Kvothe
  • Kvothe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

I always jerk off up.

• StormerBoy likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

What am I still doing here?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

So found a sweet trick if the masturbation isn't working out.
Was in GTA:O and got in jet, tank rolls up, ''f*ck!''. Scramble to call Lester so I don't get blown up and spawn near Louisiana. Jet starts rolling, ''guess this isn't for a back-rub (the f*ck)'', remove wanted. Fly out of base with no wanted! I tried again and it does not work when just sitting on the runway. You have to be at least off in the air but at least you have full health jet and don't need to worry about getting shot down. I also fly extremely low straight and over the fence by a few feet (which never got me shot down, just wanted level).

For actual dogfights, there is a LOT of turning and trying to be behind your opponent for a lock-on or a nice little machine gun attack. It's pretty much trying to wrestle in bed. You just keep turning and turning until you got him pinned down, then you can pretend he's not your dad and fire a few gun spurts and not feel guilty about the whole thing when you're at school the next day.

• cwo-reynolds likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Was in GTA:O and got in jet, tank rolls up, ''f*ck!''. Scramble to call Lester so I don't get blown up and spawn near Louisiana. Jet starts rolling, ''guess this isn't for a back-rub (the f*ck)'', remove wanted. Fly out of base with no wanted! I tried again and it does not work when just sitting on the runway. You have to be at least off in the air but at least you have full health jet and don't need to worry about getting shot down. I also fly extremely low straight and over the fence by a few feet (which never got me shot down, just wanted level).

For actual dogfights, there is a LOT of turning and trying to be behind your opponent for a lock-on or a nice little machine gun attack. It's pretty much trying to wrestle in bed. You just keep turning and turning until you got him pinned down, then you can pretend he's not your dad and fire a few gun spurts and not feel guilty about the whole thing when you're at school the next day.

I see. And how old did you say you were?

• livejoker likes this

Kvothe
  • Kvothe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

First paragraph: Helpful

Second Paragraph: kinda scary

• livejoker and StormerBoy like this

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:04 PM Edited by Original_Tonks, 08 January 2014 - 08:09 PM.

I have a few other jet related videos too.

Unfortunately you are not on Xbox, I would happily play with you and see if we couldnt get you to be a better pilot :p

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

I have a few other jet related videos too.

Unfortunately you are not on Xbox, I would happily play with you and see if we couldnt get you to be a better pilot :p

Cool videos, lots of tips  :cool:

• HonestOG556 likes this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

NUMBER ONE TIP:  Use the cannon..

To avoid missiles, keep turning. The tighter the better, however, you have to know where the missile is coming from.

You hear one beep when you're getting locked on , but otherwise, you won't hear a noise until the missile is close enough for you to take action. Don't waste time looking for it, just turn, tight.. use your brakes to tighten your turn, be careful not to stall the engine.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

NUMBER ONE TIP:  Use the cannon..

To avoid missiles, keep turning. The tighter the better, however, you have to know where the missile is coming from.

You hear one beep when you're getting locked on , but otherwise, you won't hear a noise until the missile is close enough for you to take action. Don't waste time looking for it, just turn, tight.. use your brakes to tighten your turn, be careful not to stall the engine.

Good point, am I right in thinking that you hear the first beep when the guy has a lock on you, and a second beep when the missile has actually been launched (or is it when it is inbound immanently)?

Also, is it true to say that you only need to avert the missile on the second beep, or is that leaving it too late?

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

^ the second beep is more like a sonar sound that beeps faster and faster until it hits you... it's that sound that you need to watch out for.

Something I really like about this game is that you can actually use some real techniques and they'll work, unlike in BF2/3 where the resemblance to actual flight is so far fetched that no real maneuver will work better than just going in circles endlessly...

I use this all the time:

Lag_displacement_roll.jpg

It allows you to travel faster yet still turn inside an opponent.

Speed is your friend - the more energy you have, the more options you have. Altitude is also your friend (for the same reason).

I also use this quite often:

High_Yo-Yo_with_instruction_diagram.PNG

here's the source on these: http://en.wikipedia....ghter_maneuvers

I would enjoy having a wingman that knows these maneuvers so we could use some of the team tactics (such as the defensive split) - but for now I'm the Iron Eagle.

al_balmer
  • al_balmer

Rainman

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:36 AM

^ the second beep is more like a sonar sound that beeps faster and faster until it hits you... it's that sound that you need to watch out for.

Something I really like about this game is that you can actually use some real techniques and they'll work, unlike in BF2/3 where the resemblance to actual flight is so far fetched that no real maneuver will work better than just going in circles endlessly...

I use this all the time:

Lag_displacement_roll.jpg

It allows you to travel faster yet still turn inside an opponent.

Speed is your friend - the more energy you have, the more options you have. Altitude is also your friend (for the same reason).

I also use this quite often:

High_Yo-Yo_with_instruction_diagram.PNG

here's the source on these: http://en.wikipedia....ghter_maneuvers

I would enjoy having a wingman that knows these maneuvers so we could use some of the team tactics (such as the defensive split) - but for now I'm the Iron Eagle.

Which console are you on?

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:24 AM

PS3...

al_balmer
  • al_balmer

Rainman

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

PS3...

Add me or Undergroundepict

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

Yea whenever i see tank trolls my trusty lazer is my first thing i turn to. 

The only big disadvantage is that the machine gun has a pretty short range.

MysterBeefy
  • MysterBeefy

aaaand I love you.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

I've noticed that backwards loops where instead of pulling back you hold a dive and make a slow circle helps avoid missiles (hope that made sense). Also, I've flown towards buildings and the ground then pulled up right before hitting to force the missile off me. Many players make wide lefts just like the defender movements shown above and most times I'll slow down, meet them at their half-cirlce point, and light them up with the cannon. It almost always works, but occasionally, debris from their jet will cause me to suicide, so use at your own risk. Everybody else made the other important points. And I absolutely love the Fort Zancudo Vehicle Deathmatch. If anyone wants to play them or whatever else, add me on PSN as Kiss_The_Keck.

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security Lt

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I've noticed that backwards loops where instead of pulling back you hold a dive and make a slow circle helps avoid missiles (hope that made sense). Also, I've flown towards buildings and the ground then pulled up right before hitting to force the missile off me. Many players make wide lefts just like the defender movements shown above and most times I'll slow down, meet them at their half-cirlce point, and light them up with the cannon. It almost always works, but occasionally, debris from their jet will cause me to suicide, so use at your own risk. Everybody else made the other important points. And I absolutely love the Fort Zancudo Vehicle Deathmatch. If anyone wants to play them or whatever else, add me on PSN as Kiss_The_Keck.

Backward loop ? Is that the one where the plane is upside down and then you proceed to make a full loop ?  I use it to redirect the plane towards my enemy, I think that maneuver learned it from the Flying school.

MysterBeefy
  • MysterBeefy

aaaand I love you.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

Backward loop ? Is that the one where the plane is upside down and then you proceed to make a full loop ?  I use it to redirect the plane towards my enemy, I think that maneuver learned it from the Flying school.

Meant that you start the loop by flying toward the ground and sticking it out rather than the usual pulling back and flying toward the sky loop. If that doesn't make sense, think of if you're flying straight, a normal loop would be starting at the middle of a figure 8 and forming the top cirle while the over under loop starts in the middle and forms the bottom circle. It's slower, more controlled, and for some reason avoids missiles. Have no idea why. Sorry for any confusion.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Meant that you start the loop by flying toward the ground and sticking it out rather than the usual pulling back and flying toward the sky loop. If that doesn't make sense, think of if you're flying straight, a normal loop would be starting at the middle of a figure 8 and forming the top cirle while the over under loop starts in the middle and forms the bottom circle. It's slower, more controlled, and for some reason avoids missiles. Have no idea why. Sorry for any confusion.

This is more confusing...

first - to avoid missiles, turn tightly at an angle too steep for the missile to keep up (this means you must know where the missile came from). That's it. There's no more or less to it.

Loops don't look like figure 8s unless you're doing it wrong...

There's an inside loop which is your traditional loop and an outside loop which is the traditional loop with the aircraft inverted

loop_small2.jpg

outside loop

fig3-3.jpg

You may be talking about a split S type maneuver:

The%20Split-S%20GIF.gif

MysterBeefy
  • MysterBeefy

aaaand I love you.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was like the outside loop you have shown, but starting at point 3 and going all the way round back to 3. I couldn't find an easy way to describe it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users