» «
Photo

the forum layout and everything have a very negative feel

69 replies to this topic
Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

I have always thought that the layout of this board, past and present is largely responsible for the mindset of a lot of the contributors on here. It inspires unkindness and hate.

I'm sorry but this is the biggest load of bullsh*t I have ever heard. The layout of the board has nothing to do with the way people are treated. If you're being an idiot, you're likely going to be called out on it. That's not anything special about GTAForums, that's the internet.

• Toke, Andreas, GunWrath and 2 others like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

I have always thought that the layout of this board, past and present is largely responsible for the mindset of a lot of the contributors on here. It inspires unkindness and hate.

I'm sorry but this is the biggest load of bullsh*t I have ever heard. The layout of the board has nothing to do with the way people are treated. If you're being an idiot, you're likely going to be called out on it. That's not anything special about GTAForums, that's the internet.

Google 'human behaviour interior design' and educate yourself.

It's my honest opinion, good to know it is as safe as ever to express it here.

Raavi
  • Raavi

That's another cook

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

I actually prefer darker skins to bright ones, not because I have a dark personally, no. Simply because a dark skin is much less strenuous on the eyes. The brighter a webpage gets the more inclined I am to leave said page.

• StormerBoy and Tacymist like this

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

I'm sorry but this is the biggest load of bullsh*t I have ever heard.

Couldn't f*cking agree more.  It's a f*cking load of horse sh*t and whoever believes it is a complete retard and deserves to DIE.

Ahhh, I'm hilarious...

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Couldn't f*cking agree more.  It's a f*cking load of horse sh*t and whoever believes it is a complete retard and deserves to DIE.

Ahhh, I'm hilarious...

And there lies the other reason that people on here are so nasty and hurtful. I wasn't going to mention as I didn't want to start a storm. Laad by example..

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 05 January 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Ahhh, I'm hilarious...

And there lies the other reason that people on here are so nasty and hurtful. I wasn't going to mention as I didn't want to start a storm. Lead by example..

Of he course adamcs is the other reason people are 'nasty and hurtful', he works hard on building this site, he helped with the forum upgrade and is currently working on a new forum theme :/

If you don't like the way this place is run, you know you don't have to stay here - Be grateful that the staff are actually working on things you people want.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Ahhh, I'm hilarious...

And there lies the other reason that people on here are so nasty and hurtful. I wasn't going to mention as I didn't want to start a storm. Laad by example..

Oops, your sarcasm detector must have been turned off for that one.

• Shou likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, this theme makes me deranged and unsympathetic to people. Damn you, Adam..

Raavi
  • Raavi

That's another cook

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by Raavi, 05 January 2014 - 04:01 PM.

Yeah, this theme makes me deranged and unsympathetic to people. Damn you, Adam..

The horrors the layout has inflicted on our personalities... We should sue for damages!

Edit: On a more serious note though, keep an eye on the "change theme" drop down box on the bottom of the site. Some more skins will be added there in the future.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

All we'd end up winning is codes and scripts unfortunately.. I'll just take the damages.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

The horrors the layout has inflicted on our personalities... We should sue for damages!

No, that would be over the top. But we could be a but more open minded.

Colours affect moods. Why do you think Banks always use the colour blue in their logos? Because blue is a colour people can trust.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Let's be open minded but not too open minded where our brains fall out.

I'm sorry, if this theme affects your mood, seek help.

• GTAKid667 and Andreas like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

That's another cook

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:05 PM Edited by Raavi, 05 January 2014 - 04:05 PM.

Colours affect moods. Why do you think Banks always use the colour blue in their logos? Because blue is a colour people can trust.

Than this site must be a beacon of trust, blue everywhere.

• GTAKid667, Andreas and GunWrath like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Let's be open minded but not too open minded where our brains fall out.

I'm sorry, if this theme affects your mood, seek help.

If insulting me makes you feel better, well then I don't know?

And if this site is a beacon of trust, is that what it needs to be, or perhaps something else instead?

I'm sure we can all agree that people on this board are very hostile and offensive a lot of the time. More so than on most forums. I'm sure also that we (those present at least) would prefer it were not that way. If changing the colour scheme can assist you in doing that, then why object to it?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 05 January 2014 - 04:13 PM.

But this is a forum about Grand Theft Auto. It's a violent game. This forum is also very large compared to a lot of forums - Not everyone is going to be kind, I highly doubt changing the colour will make a difference.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

But this is a forum about Grand Theft Auto. It's a violent game. This forum is also very large compared to a lot of forums - Not everyone is going to be kind, I highly doubt changing the colour will make a difference.

That's all true, but we can try can we not?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:16 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 05 January 2014 - 04:17 PM.

And rename it to gtablueforums.com

Raavi
  • Raavi

That's another cook

• None
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:16 PM Edited by Raavi, 05 January 2014 - 04:18 PM.

The hostility some members display towards other members has more to do with the comfort of anonymity than a colour scheme. Which is the case on every board/comment platform where members enjoy anonymity. Trolls will be trolls and Dicks will be dicks even when you put smiling babies all over the bloody page.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Wow, some members are fighting on how the background color of forum makes members go crazy?

Now that's why I love this place.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

The current forum layout/style isn't particularly the best, I know, but a new one is actually in the works.

Edit: and enough of the rubbish posting please.

rubbish posting? .__. you talking about my threads? you calling my threads rubbish?

therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by therussianpenguin, 05 January 2014 - 05:12 PM.

@mods i never said anything about the the forum color affecting peoples mood.. i meant the colour is dull and boring... i said negative because i didnt want to hurt your feelings...

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

rubbish posting? .__. you talking about my threads? you calling my threads rubbish?

Matty wasn't talking about your topic, but the unnecessary replies.

Anyway, you don't hurt the feelings of anyone for sharing your thoughts. It's fine, the current forum skin is only a temporary solution, so to speak. A new skin is in the works, and the old GTAF skin from prior the update will be eventually ported to the new boards. You will see it soon enough. :)
  • Matty and therussianpenguin like this

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

The hostility some members display towards other members has more to do with the comfort of anonymity than a colour scheme. Which is the case on every board/comment platform where members enjoy anonymity. Trolls will be trolls and Dicks will be dicks even when you put smiling babies all over the bloody page.

Couldn't agree more. Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth. Give a man a username and he will act like a total twat.

And @StormerBoy: I have trouble in believing that you are actually serious. A change of colour will not suddenly change the board's demographics, nor will it make the vast majority of its users sensible. You have to remember that this forum has a large number of insecure teens as users and they will jump on anything or anyone when given the opportunity.

• Tacymist and therussianpenguin like this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

One day my plane leaves

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Blue is the way to go, although maybe not this current shade. A darker blue like we had before would be much nicer imo. But I'd take this current skin over a white background any day, it's much easier on the eyes.

• StormerBoy and Raavi like this

therussianpenguin
  • therussianpenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

Blue is the way to go, although maybe not this current shade. A darker blue like we had before would be much nicer imo. But I'd take this current skin over a white background any day, it's much easier on the eyes.

white was an example i meant chose a lively colour... 

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

One day my plane leaves

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Well as already mentioned a new theme is in the works. But if by lively you mean brighter colors it probably ain't gonna happen, at least not as the default theme.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

So I don't start a new thread country flags are now available to put under your username.

Just a heads up for everyone.
  • Shou and Tacymist like this

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

^ For the life of me I can't find the setting where I can place a flag below the username Ryan, I guess they're still working on it. 

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

So I don't start a new thread country flags are now available to put under your username.

Has someone hacked your account?

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Has someone hacked your account?
No?

Shoumic. If you go into your settings you'll see a option for country.

Edit: Maybe it's only for moderators atm as the only others I've seen are Matty and Girish.

Sorry about that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users