Best starting apartment?

43 replies to this topic
Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

You should save your money until you can afford the $205,000 apartment at Del Perro Heights. Until then, use the free 2-car garage on Poplar St.

free? free how?

Is the 2-Car Garage at 124 Poplar St not free for everyone?

says 25K on the phone

I googled it and that garage is only free for players with the Collector's Edition Pack DLC. My bad.

PureAnis
  • PureAnis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

When the Heist mode (or whatever it will be called) is finally released players will need enough space for a planning board to plan heist.

That's the million dollar question.

"WHEN" ?????.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

When the Heist mode (or whatever it will be called) is finally released players will need enough space for a planning board to plan heist.

That's the million dollar question.

"WHEN" ?????.

Are you asking me? I hope not.... Lol :/.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

Like many have said, save up enough to get the high end apartment straight away, it has the extra room for planning heists. I would recommend Richards Majestic, Apt 51, it's about 250k or thereabouts, it's high end apartment with a 10 car garage. :)

To start with though, if you want, you can get a small garage only so you'll get mechanic to bring you your car, I think cheapest is like 20k.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

200k is the cheapeast price for a 10-car apt though.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Tinsel Towers tends to be a battlefield, due to Eclipse and LSC surrounding it.

Del Perro, and Richards Majestic are good apartments if you have the money, which can be 200-260k. They tend to be away from the most chaotic parts of Los Santos.

Personally, I chose Richards Majestic, Apt 51 for the ocean view. (:

0_0.jpg

100% agree with this.  I sold my apartment at Eclipse for 51 Richards Majestic...much better view and location.

OP...whatever apartment you choose to buy don't buy Eclipse for $400k.  Firstly, all the 10 car apartments are identical except location and view, secondly, Eclipse is probably the most popular and therefore the most dangerous part of town.

Save your cash and your sanity! ;)

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

When looking for an apartment I'd only go for the 10 car garages or you're just going to be upgrading later. Also, check it out beforehand. Make sure it's conveniently located for you and has two exits away from each other in case someone tries to camp outside.

ChrisV
  • ChrisV

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

weazel plaza, costs a bit more but havent had any regrets buying it.

i think it has the best view in the game and that little drift circle right outside the garage

no matter what car i drive out, it sucks me in everytime :D

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Don't get the expensive 10-car garage. I think everyone's there too.

In fact, get the cheapest of what you're buying. For example, if you need a 6-car garage, get the cheapest. It's rare someone buys it.

Also go for mid-range properties. Who buys properties that aren't the cheapest or most expensive? Nobody.

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Unbalanced

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

I think I actually lived in my car for a month before I'd saved up for an apt with a ten car garage, My character was basically a vagrant. And the one at Del Pierro (?) Opposite Bahama Mamas was my first place, Near the beach, walking distance to the shops, safe neighbourhood.

I live at Eclipse towers now because I wanted to get shot in the face everytime I leave my garage  :^:

Remember if you buy a cheap place now you can upgrade later and you get the money back you paid for the first one

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Remember if you buy a cheap place now you can upgrade later and you get the money back you paid for the first one

You only get 50% of the purchase price back

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Also, can you really see out of the windows? I was in a friends apartment, but the window was like whited out. No view?

Only the apartments with 10 garages have a view. To bad.

I would also say wait until you can afford one of the "high end" apartments.

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Unbalanced

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

You only get 50% of the purchase price back

I never noticed this! And Ive moved three times!!  :blink:

Maybe words like budget and expense will come to mean something again one day... 

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:38 PM Edited by DrAtomic, 05 January 2014 - 01:50 PM.

Dont buy an apartment, buy a 10 car garage instead it has everything the apartment has with the exception of clothes rack, shower and bed (of which only the clothes rack has some use but you can use any clothes store instead). If you do insist on getting an apartment I find the 6 garage apartment near the Vespucia harbor and helipads a very good option.

With regards to the 10 garagee plus apartments, I would recommend 3 Alta Street. It's around the corner from Mors Mutual Insurance, has a Ammunation near it with gun range, near Vespuci helipads, and has 2 LSC Customs at exactly the same distance (the one downtown and the one under the bridge) giving you an option if either one is camped. Also it's cheap compared to the other 10 garage apartments, even so the location is not beat by any of the other apartments imho.

Also see this thread: http://gtaforums.com...hotos-included/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users