Photo

people that use miniguns

113 replies to this topic
cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

You can't get the minigun until a pretty high level, so why the complaints?

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:53 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 05 January 2014 - 06:54 PM.

You can't get the minigun until a pretty high level, so why the complaints?

because suppressive fires hurr

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

I'd like to thank everyone in this thread who helped contribute to making op look like the whinging noob that he is.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

call me a noob all you want, you still haven't seen me play the game

or games that aren't broken for a matter of fact 

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

So you assume you're better than us at a game, and if you're not, then the game is broken?

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

So you assume you're better than us at a game, and if you're not, then the game is broken?

LOL dat online ego.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

haha. So well put.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

no, im saying that in a game where being 30 feet away from someone means that bullets somehow do less damage, ITS BROKEN

not to mention that bullet physics are stupid, especially the sniper rifles

AND, you can even shoot through walls if you're in the right cover spot, its utterly stupid

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

call me a noob all you want, you still haven't seen me play the game

or games that aren't broken for a matter of fact 

Your threads really make you come off as a noob lol.

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

How did it move from miniguns being overpowered to glitches or "hiccups" in the game being stupid?

Anyway, back on topic: The point of the minigun is that like a tank it is an extremely powerful weapon that if used correctly can be very effective. However, those that use them can be taken out if it is done correctly.

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the stats, but I'm not sure of their relevance in a GTA game. It's a game mechanic to make races more interesting and exciting. Nobody wants to inch past the car ahead of them or have an F1-like procession where everyone finishes in the same position they started. There have been very few times where a car has slingshotted by me and I haven't been able to get in their slipstream and do it to them. That's why I don't think it's overpowered.

Well if that was the goal they failed massively. Getting a pass/repass/pass/repass sequence everytime you hit a decent straight is far from exciting or interesting for anyone with half a brain cell. It doesn´t feel exciting, it feels stupid. I feel sorry for anyone that thinks that´s "exciting".

Also everytime you´re in someone´s slipstream your car doesn´t brake or turn normally, it´s like having 30% throttle input stuck. And that noise... what the hell is that crap  :blink: Plus it promotes carnage on turn one by allowing the monkeys at the back to be close to the leaders even after a botched start.

GTA4 had no slipstream and races were far from a procession. Faster man would win, even starting down the pack. Exiting a corner marginally faster than the guy ahead would give you a small edge all down the next straight, and you´d get a good chance to pass. Now even if you mess up the corner, if you´re close to the guy ahead, you´ll make up for that in a fraction.

I do get what you mean, but I think that if you want that kind of subtlety you go for a dedicated racing game, not the arcadey style you get in GTA. You have to remember that Rockstar are trying make the experience as enjoyable for everyone as they can, which means making the casuals and the awful players feel like they're involved in the race. It might not be a thrill to the talented/elite racers, but for some the less skilled those passes can make you feel on top of the world, whether they're earned or not.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 05 January 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Maybe if you could blindfire with it from behind cover (which would look pretty f*cking funny) it would be an issue, but as it stands someone with a minigun in their hands is highly vulnerable. Some basic defensive tactics and not being an idiot are all it takes to take out someone doing their best Arnie impersonation.

Also this:

The point of the minigun is that like a tank it is an extremely powerful weapon that if used correctly can be very effective.

The only tweak the minigun could maybe use is a slight increase in the bullet spread at longer range. 

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

NO EVERY BODY! YOU DONT GET IT! The game is broken and mini guns are stupid because Killzone3265 said so! It's not a matter of getting better at the game. You guys are so hard headed UGH!

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

no, im saying that in a game where being 30 feet away from someone means that bullets somehow do less damage, ITS BROKEN

not to mention that bullet physics are stupid, especially the sniper rifles

AND, you can even shoot through walls if you're in the right cover spot, its utterly stupid

Bullets doing less damage over distance is illogical in reality, but in the world of the videogame it's always been a thing. It's to encourage players to use different weapons in different engagements and it's the same on nearly every shooter. Check the stats of COD, Battlefield, Halo etc.

The shooting through walls thing is annoying, but it's a massive open world environment, I don't think there's enough play testers in the world to try every bit of cover in the game, some will slip through.

No game is perfect, and GTA Online is nowhere near (I lost a level 18 character at the start which nearly killed the game for me), but I have to admit my frustration with the game is a lot less than any other online experience I've had recently, billion dollar hacks aside.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

Players need to remember there are two different lobbies that we play in...

Auto aim the minigun is worthless.

Freeaim it is awesome to use. It has a very long range and near instant kills with perfect accuracy. I use it like a long range shotgun when on foot and yes it is OP because it is made to be OP. It's just like the tank is OP because it is supposed to be. That's the point.

Lol your either 15 yrs old or retarded.

Because that's the point? That is your only explanation of why they should remain OP?

Grow up and use some f*cking logic...

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 05 January 2014 - 10:14 PM.

As a minigun owner and user I can say without a doubt that it was made to be op and is op. I had to take it off my custom tdm because it was too strong. The fact that it needs to be unlocked is irrelevant.

To the post above me, I never said the word 'should'. f*ck off. The point of the weapons is to be op. Whether it should or should not be this way was not a point I was making. Hypocrite calling people retarded when you can't read.
  • Killzone3265 likes this

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

As a minigun owner and user I can say without a doubt that it was made to be op and is op. I had to take it off my custom tdm because it was too strong. The fact that it needs to be unlocked is irrelevant.

To the post above me, I never said the word 'should'. f*ck off. The point of the weapons is to be op. Whether it should or should not be this way was not a point I was making. Hypocrite calling people retarded when you can't read.

oops wrong account. Oh well XD

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I expect a thread 'People that use Combat Pistols' in the very near future!
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

This thread is no different than the tank spammers. 

This thread irrelevant.  

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

if you have ever seen the bullets on a real life chain gun you would not whine about it being over powered in the game. if you were hit by a bullet there would be NOTHING left of you.

if anything it is under powered.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

if you have ever seen the bullets on a real life chain gun you would not whine about it being over powered in the game. if you were hit by a bullet there would be NOTHING left of you.

Not technically a chaingun.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

have you ever seen someone holding said gun with 10k bullets?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

have you ever seen someone holding said gun with 10k bullets?

"Pulls out sniper riffle from pants
No it wasn't a sock :)

gtarmanrob
  • gtarmanrob

Aussie Made

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

ffs how can it be overpowered, it's a bloody MINIGUN haha.

Anyways the problem isn't with the weapon, it's the fact that a large portion of the community cheated their way to get it early, and now more people have access to it than there should be.

Quick solution - it's a minigun. Level 120 is a fair requirement, but how about requires max strength and shooting too, before being able to use it? I know hackers can rank up like lightning, but they can't cheat their stats can they? Don't those still have to earned?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users