Gator Keys

7 replies to this topic
ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

Tromboning

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

Searching around american.gxt and found this unused phone conversation between Tommy and Avery:

Avery Carrington: Hey Tommy, it's Avery! Now listen, I got me all tied up at the moment and I have a representative of mine needs chaperoning out to the Gator Keys. I'm after some land out that way, so I'm sending someone out to sweeten the deal. Could you do me a favor and make sure he gets there ok?
Tommy Vercetti: Yeah, sure thing Avery. Where'd you want me to pick him up?
Avery Carrington: He's just finishing some business at the building site. I said you'd pick him up from there.
Tommy Vercetti: No problem. See you later, Avery.

Avery mentions an area called the Gator Keys. Was this area supposed to be based on the Florida Keys? And where would it be positioned in Vice City?

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

Interesting. I suppose that it does refer to the Florida Keys. I have no idea where it would be positioned around Vice City, though.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:48 AM Edited by Tycek, 05 January 2014 - 09:48 AM.

There were some screens on which radar was showing two lane highway over the water. We can assume it was the road leading to Keys. They were located very likely south or southwest from the city, but any other proof regarding them was cut, so there is no map of Keys nor map showing the location of road leading to them.

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

Tromboning

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

I would've liked to see them in the game, maybe there would've been wildlife there.

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

"From the beach to the SWAMPS, and the glitz to the ghetto"

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:12 AM

The "beta" map didn't show any keys-- interesting and good find...

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

The position should be at south of of Vice Beach. I mean, exactly where we had the south road to Mainland, there would be another bridge connecting beach to the first key.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

The position should be at south of of Vice Beach. I mean, exactly where we had the south road to Mainland, there would be another bridge connecting beach to the first key.

This is more of what I was thinking. Maybe there would've been alligators/crocodiles included, too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users