» «

Will scripted chase sequences always be in GTA?

8 replies to this topic
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

What's you opinion on these?

I don't really mind them, I think it would be pretty nice to have 2 outcomes

1. Target makes it to final destination, crashes or gets out

2. You shoot out targets tires or ram target. Target comes to full stop and gets out. This would need some sort of alternate cutscene.

Come on Lazlow, give me my gold medal. (I've tried fame or shame about 15 times after watching walkthroughs and reading guides and I still can't "stay close to Lazlow" for the whole chase)

• Mr_Leone

The X

• None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

GTA 4 had chases that would last for a long time and then the guy would try and escape on foot. I didn't see much of that in GTA 5, but GTA 5's scripted chases are very fun and a step up from the one's in GTA 4.

• Dope_0110

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

Yeah.. there will always be some. I understand why they want to make them, but at the same time they're sometimes just plain ridiculous where someone speeds of or simply can be destroyed even after you empty 20 clips in their car.

I still hate that Tempenny chase in SA's last missions. That was beyond ridiculous.

• Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

Scripted sequences are the worst thing in any game to happen.
V has many of such sequences that make me throw the controls.
How can you call it a freeroam game when the missions have cutscenes to complete it. It hurts the replayability badly.
I hope they discard it in future titles.
  • matajuegos01 likes this

• Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Why is a sandbox game that built itself on unscripted action making vehicles invincible and speed boosted just for the sake of linear missions? That makes no sense.

• Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

Scripted vehicles are awful... I don't know why they still use them, it makes everything ridiculous, cars travel at light speed, can take 90 degree turns with ease, can smash anything in their way, and can't be damaged, it's horrible, I know they want them to reach their destination, but they should do something about it, because missions with scripted vehicles look terrible.

• matajuegos01 likes this

• Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Scripted chases will exist as long as we can outsmart/outdrive the AI.

• TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

An I the only one who doesn't mind them? Certain situations are better when scripted. Uncle Vlad wouldn't have had the same impact if Vlad could've been killed within moments. Yes there could be an alternative cutscene, but it's still scripted in a way right?

Maybe it's not necessary for every chase, but it should still be present to an extent.

• Matty

Bounty Hunter

• Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Nope, I don't mind the scripted car chase sequences either and yes, they will no doubt be in future GTA titles as well. It's necessary in some instances for the purpose of storytelling and setting up the scene for a given situation IMO, even in an open-world video game where the outcome of events and such are mostly determined by the player.

As SoL also said, and I agree, certain situations have more impact when scripted to end in a specific way or location and wouldn't have the same impact if this wasn't the case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users