Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think modders will be able to add Liberty City to this game?

50 replies to this topic
dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Eh, why not just create different, custom islands or something? You know, an individual take on different areas or something. I think there is a lot of potential in building on the current map, or adding a new area or something. 

Or just make a giant spacecraft looking area of the map and tie it in to Michael's alien obsession.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

@cp1dell

Those screen shots look actually pretty good. But that setting you were talking about, is that only for PC or can it also be on Xbox 360. I still like LS better than LC though, but my opinion on LC has raised significantly.

Well it's only for PC, but since it's not changing anything major I would assume that if you knew how to mod the game on the 360 you could swap out the files just like on the PC version.

I would have to edit the 360's timecyc though, since the console timecyc files differ from the PC version's. But that's only if you know how to edit/mod the timecyc on the 360 - which I have no knowledge of.

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

I don't think that this will be necessary, R* said that LC is going to be in GTA Online. Making it available in SP will be much easier than porting old IV map.

I'm pretty sure that they improve whole map and change some places, since Liberty City was devastated by a huge superstorm in 2013. Probably we get a proper snowy version of LC too.

Also, It would be great if they decide to include Carraways as well, it was cut during the development of IV.

http://gta.wikia.com/The_Caraways

And one last thing, RAGE seems to have gigantic map limits now; it's like 50-60 sq miles here:

Ludendorfmap.jpg

North Yankton spawns exactly there.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:40 AM Edited by jamieleng, 05 January 2014 - 10:43 AM.

I think it would be a lot more difficult than it seems. The difference between the RAGEngine IV was built on & the one V was built on are like night & day. Sure you could possibly transition between the two, but having them on the same map? Not sure. North Yankton has a much better chance though.

Rockstar did say that they might add LC to Online, but I'm not holding my breath.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

Rockstar will DEFINITELY add all the GTA cities BUT Online.
In 2014 we will get more news about GTA 6 & the future plans discussing about it.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

I don't think so. It should take an insanely talented group of modders to pull of such a stunt. For one the atmosphere in GTA IV and GTA V is totally different. IV lacks colors while V doesn't, so it'd be odd put IV and V together. However if they do want to try adding it to the game (Although this remains highly unlikely) they'd have to create it from scratch so that it fits with GTA V's atmosphere. So it'd be insanely difficult to get a good Liberty City mod for GTA V. Even if there is one, I am pretty sure it'd be filled with bugs and it wouldn't quite fit in with V's atmosphere anyway.

As for anyone wondering as to why modders could create a mod in which it united SA, 3 and VC together. Because for one thing 3 and VC are much smaller than LC or LS and SA is smaller than LS. Not to mention all 3 of them did not lack colors unlike IV did. So it was quite easy to create the mod.

For anyone interested the mod is called 'GTA:United'.

• Osho likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

Yeah, and replace Michael, Trevor and Franklin with Niko, Johnny and Luis while you're at it. Hell, why not make it a remake of IV with an improved RAGE engine.

• Andreas likes this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

theres a thing called map limit allthough the water covers alot of the map so it should perhaps fit

it will be a while before that can be done though

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, and replace Michael, Trevor and Franklin with Niko, Johnny and Luis while you're at it. Hell, why not make it a remake of IV with an improved RAGE engine.

That would be amazing. ;)

Put me down for two copies.
  • Lock N' Stock likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

That would be amazing. ;)

Even better; Niko, Luis &

Spoiler

• Lock N' Stock and Alvarez like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by Andreas, 05 January 2014 - 12:53 PM.

I remember in the 3D era, there were a lot of mods that tried to combine Liberty City and Vice City, or Liberty / Vice City and San Andreas, or even all three of them. It was amazing to see what could be done.

You are refering to GTA: United, which combines 3D-era Liberty City with Vice City - both replace the San Andreas map. The initial goal of the project was it to add the two maps to Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Vanturas without any replacement, which wasn't possible after all due to the limitations of the RenderWare engine. There was another project, which you might know, it's called GTAIV: San Andreas, which replaces Liberty City with San Andreas, but it was a technical challenge, as far as I remember. The reason for this was that the San Andreas map is about twice as big compared to HD-era LC.

I remember Rockstar stated they would like to create a game in the future, which includes every city they have ever created for the series. This sounds like an interesting idea, and I think it's feasible now that there is GTA: Online. It wouldn't surprise me if Liberty City and of course other cities, too, will be added in the foreseeable future. Modders will perhaps find an opportunity to do the same in single-player.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

I believe that Rockstar will eventually add Liberty City to the inevitable next gen and PC releases of GTA V. However if a bunch of modders can do it? Really depends on how skilled they are.

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

I doubt it'd get off the ground much before T2/R* shuts it down though given they probably will add it to Online and theyd see it as competition and harming their sales.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

Modders? Competition? Shut down by Rockstar? Pffft. Perhaps the only reason why it will have legal difficulties, is because there must be strongly assumed that you own both games, because ported content from GTA4 to GTA5, if you don't own GTA4 is technically pirated. Otherwise, it must be created from scratch.
We had that issue, when someone ported Fallout 3 stuff on NewVegas.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:34 PM Edited by Bonnano, 05 January 2014 - 02:35 PM.

I doubt it'd get off the ground much before T2/R* shuts it down though given they probably will add it to Online and theyd see it as competition and harming their sales.

Lolwat.

Since when does Rockstar follow Bohemia Interactive's antics.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hopefully by the time it released on PC, we'll already have a new city to explore.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 05 January 2014 - 02:56 PM.

When the PC version gets released, do you think modders will be able to add Liberty City to the game world, so you can travel between cities? Maybe even throw in North Yankton?

I remember in the 3D era, there were a lot of mods that tried to combine Liberty City and Vice City, or Liberty / Vice City and San Andreas, or even all three of them. It was amazing to see what could be done.

And since GTAIV and GTAV share the same engine, I figure it might be possible. Thinking about it gets me really anxious about the PC version. What about you people? Are there any mods you would love to see?

As long as the N. Yankton map exists anywhere in the PC game files then yes.  A port of part of the LC map from GTA IV might be possible using the N. Yankton map as a base.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

It is possible if there is LC in a game file that people haven't found yet or will be added later. If they COULD add LC in online mode, then it will guarantee the possibility.

Neox
  • Neox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

And one last thing, RAGE seems to have gigantic map limits now; it's like 50-60 sq miles here

8d7o-fu-15de.jpg

This is the place where I think they would place it.

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Doubt it. It would take them hefty amounts of time to program an entire city 

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

A beta sandbox city would be a start.