N.O.O.S.E. Building Transparent Door & Interior

7 replies to this topic
an-evil-peanut
  • an-evil-peanut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hi all, 

I've had a few searches on the web for this and haven't found anything related. 

Using a Buzzard I flew over to the N.O.O.S.E. building and started poking around as it isn't somewhere I have explored yet. (Took me about 10 minutes of fannying around the fences and such to determine that I wouldn't get shot to pieces on a 4-star). 

When facing a certain double door whilst inside the buzzard I noticed that the door was fading in and out of transparency. At the right distance from the doors it was completely transparent and I could see that behind it is an interior. On the left side of the doors inside there are boxes stacked upon blue pallets. 

This also works if you are sitting inside any vehicle, but as soon as you get out, the doors 'return' and you cannot see through, even if you use a scope at a distance. You must be inside the vehicle to see through them. 

I've tried shooting rockets at them, gunning them down, sticky bombs and just shouting at the screen but nothing works to let me in. I have also tried building up a hefty wanted level to see if the NOOSE would exit through this door or something, but no such luck. 

The reason I am posting this is because I haven't seen it mentioned before and I am sure there must be a reason why there are boxes inside - it's not just a plain interior, it appears to have been modelled fully from what I can see. 

Unfortunately I am playing on a PS3 so I am not aware of how to take screenshots to prove this.

To get to the doors on foot simply enter the front gate using the right hand lane to enter the car park in front of you rather than to go left to the main car park in front of the complex. Go to the far end of the car park and on your left will be a set of pushable fences - push past those and look to your left. There will be a set of black double doors with a single portrait window in each door. The doors are facing the fence gates at an angle if that helps.  

This could well be nothing but I want to confirm if anyone else has this glitch or has found any additional information on it. 

I did this today on the latest patch on the PS3. 

KP

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:02 AM Edited by LiquidNitrogen, 05 January 2014 - 02:02 AM.

Sounds like its just a texture glitch

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by xenorama, 05 January 2014 - 07:48 AM.

I found the doors you're talking about:

mSpbTvp.jpg

All the other double doors are the same color and act like walls, but not these:

-The two doors are clearly different colors, unlike the other nearly identical double-doors at this building.

-The left one makes a banging/rattling when you run up to it and run into it.

-They also make a metallic banging sound when you toss C4 onto them, unlike others similar to them that sound like walls.

-YOU CAN'T TAKE COVER AGAINST THEM, unlike the others, which means they ARE actual doors.

These might have been designed for a mission and scrapped, though...

AT FIRST, they weren't disappearing for me, but I got in my chopper just now and they vanished. The light is angled just right and is DEFINITELY shining into a hallway, and I can clearly see the hallway.

Yeah, they are doors and there is something behind them.

Where's that guy who modded the game to have no doors? We need him to check this out!!!

Tomorrow I might try flying under the map again so I can check out this hallway firsthand from beneath.

• JohnDoe7125539271 likes this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:26 AM Edited by xenorama, 05 January 2014 - 06:43 AM.

Here, the best I could get was taking a picture with my digital camera, you can clearly see that the doors give way to a hallway:

http://i.imgur.com/U2AnXxm.jpg

That picture is pretty big, here is a small version of it:

lDRB91h.jpg

Oh and in case anyone asks, the weird blur on the right is the spinning blades of the Skylift.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

Okay well I went ahead and flew under the map, managed to finally land inside that room, and unfortunately it's just a rectangular room with solid walls, some boxes on palettes, and a palette mover (most of which got knocked through the walls with my chopper blades).

Here are two photos from inside the room:

EkDjURp.jpg

hqSyEFS.jpg

As you can see, solid walls with no other features. Looks like it really was something that was almost used for the game but got ditched during the design stage.

Oh well! Still, a cool find and worth investigating.

• krashr and JohnDoe7125539271 like this

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

Itvwas used for the FIB Heist on the roof entrance aproach you would go to the NOOSE building Steve Haines let you in then you were in and the crew members were waiting at the door a cutscene started where you would go in but it had bad lighting. Later you flew up and parachuted on the FIB building and broke in.
  • xenorama likes this

an-evil-peanut
  • an-evil-peanut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

Thank you for looking into this guys and points to xeonorama for checking it all out. Sorry for raising curiosities falsely, just thought it could be a missing part of the Chilliad puzzle or something similar. 

KP

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Thank you for looking into this guys and points to xeonorama for checking it all out. Sorry for raising curiosities falsely, just thought it could be a missing part of the Chilliad puzzle or something similar. 

KP

At least you have gone to the end of it. Congratulations. It Maybe was nothing, but at least dont give us fake expectances on something that end up being "nothing". Thanks for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users