Photo

Gta 4 atmosphere

34 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:26 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 17 January 2014 - 03:27 AM.

I loved IV a lot more, it just felt more natural to me (personal preference).

• Zello likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Broadcasting live from my mom's basement.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

I love them both, but GTA 4 has the better atmosphere. When it first came out, I was completely awestruck by it. GTA 5 looks a lot nicer, but doesn't have any soul. Pedestrians in V are few and far between, and everything feels "generic". Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but GTA 4 has a lot more charm to it. There's certainly a lot of attention to detail that is absolutely crazy for 2007/2008. Take a taxi ride from one side of the map to the other and just watch out the window. You'll see what I mean.

• Ixnay likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:00 AM Edited by Zello, 17 January 2014 - 04:02 AM.

I liked IV it really captured the time around 2007-2008 I also enjoyed that period even though it ended with a recession it was still fun. The city felt alive I remember late one night as Niko walking in the allyways near the Cluckin bell I felt like I was about to get stabbed thats how good that game felt. In the early mornings you would see garbage trucks doing their rounds around the city, mailmen actual mailmen doing their routes. The cops actually felt like cops not like the robocops in LS but your Fat LC cops that felt human with their heavy Libertonian accents. Not to mention the neighborhoods... one second your in star junction with all those bright lights,you could be up in bohan with boarded up tenements, inside the projects that look like they smell like piss...

Love that city...

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:32 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 17 January 2014 - 05:33 PM.

IV is a LOT better if you ask me. Overall it has a nice setting, but I dislike many facts about it. IV had better collisions, the story in IV was damn better, V's is too happy, you don't have much of a target over from the beginning, unlike in former GTA's and it bothers me that you play as a rich guy, again as a nigga gangbanger and a drunk-drug addicted psycho redneck freak. Although, it has some nice new features like many new weapons, however the AK-47 could've been a normal AK and not a Chinese copy... also, I can't believe that R* killed off the best ass in the game in such a brutal way...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - All this here I copied from my userpage on GTA Wiki  :whistle:

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

You are asking in the IV section, ofcorse people here will like it better.

Tho if you ask in the V section youll probly jsut get tl;dr.

Anyway I liked V's atmosphere more. it felt more real. IV just seems al ittle bland, the peds are not very intresting and there just dosent seem much in the world. Pluss im kinda.. sick of games set in new york. or cold gray citys, but each to there own. Atleast I still ahve Both games,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users