» «
Photo

Gta 4 atmosphere

34 replies to this topic
Kalix47
  • Kalix47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:05 AM Edited by Kalix47, 05 January 2014 - 03:48 AM.

If you have to choose between GTA5 OR GTA4 what would it be? (i hope im not the only one that loves gta4 much more then gta5...the story,the charchters,city,atmosphere its so much better.Gta 5 just feels empty.)

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Los_Santos.jpggta4-environment1.jpg

• kvic, Peregrin Brandytook, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Can you use a font colour that's easier to read please? It's really difficult on the blue background.

As for the question easily GTA IV's atmosphere. When I walk around LC I feel like I'm in a real city. The claustrophobia, steam coming up through manhole covers, hobos sleeping on sidewalks, peds walking with their umbrellas in the rain etc. Even after all these years it still amazes me.

I've tried hard with LS, but it just doesn't convey a similar feeling. I dislike like how the city feels so open and how peds seem a bit "fake" and not as characteristic as the Libertonians.

• Bertanius, Peregrin Brandytook, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:18 AM Edited by Deus Ex, 05 January 2014 - 02:19 AM.

Gta 4 feels more dull and empty compared to gta 5...

At least to me.

• Lowi likes this

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

GTA IV, that game truly shows what an open world game can be. The packed streets, dark alleyways, boxes and rubbish all over the place, run down streets, it really feels like you're there. The game features so many minor aspects, minor aspects which really contribute to the game, you can buy food, get a bottle of soft drink from a news stand, go bowling, it all feels real, interacting with the environment has a big role in GTA IV, and that's one of the reasons why it feels so real.

The problem with GTA V is everything feels wooden and fake, the lack of small aspects really ruin the game, you don't see pedestrians going to a food vendor, sitting down inside a building, or doing activities, because for no reason whatsoever, those aspects were removed. I don't get why they added vendors if they're only there for looks, I could find some great atmosphere in GTA V if I could interact with the environment, but you can't interact with anything, and it really makes everything feel fake, like it's a movie set. The lack of interiors is terrible too, walking around streets with flat textures everywhere also removes the feeling of a real city, in GTA IV, you could go to heaps of interiors, and even though interiors like the apartment buildings were copied & pasted, I would prefer that than nothing at all, I can go to a museum, reach a rooftop through an apartment building, go to a fast food restaurant, go to an Internet Café, and more.

I don't know why they regressed so much, it's annoying really, small aspects are what make the city feel real, GTA IV had so many minor aspects that made the world feel realistic. A huge problem in GTA V is that you can't take in the atmosphere, pedestrians are too sensitive, when I want to walk the streets, all I see is pedestrians yelling at me, running away from me, or calling the police, it gets so annoying, I don't know why they passed that during testing, it completely ruins the immersion. At times, GTA V can look pretty good, but it just doesn't compare to GTA IV. A great place to see just how real the city feels in GTA IV is the area in front of the museum (which we can also enter), as well as Middle Park.

I think we'll be able to properly judge the environments when the PC version comes out, because console limitations leave the streets devoid of pedestrians, so it feels empty, in GTA IV for PC, every street is packed to the brim with pedestrians.

• MiamiViceCity, Kajjy, Andreas and 6 others like this

Kalix47
  • Kalix47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

GTA IV, that game truly shows what an open world game can be. The packed streets, dark alleyways, boxes and rubbish all over the place, run down streets, it really feels like you're there. The game features so many minor aspects, minor aspects which really contribute to the game, you can buy food, get a bottle of soft drink from a news stand, go bowling, it all feels real, interacting with the environment has a big role in GTA IV, and that's one of the reasons why it feels so real.

The problem with GTA V is everything feels wooden and fake, the lack of small aspects really ruin the game, you don't see pedestrians going to a food vendor, sitting down inside a building, or doing activities, because for no reason whatsoever, those aspects were removed. I don't get why they added vendors if they're only there for looks, I could find some great atmosphere in GTA V if I could interact with the environment, but you can't interact with anything, and it really makes everything feel fake, like it's a movie set. The lack of interiors is terrible too, walking around streets with flat textures everywhere also removes the feeling of a real city, in GTA IV, you could go to heaps of interiors, and even though interiors like the apartment buildings were copied & pasted, I would prefer that than nothing at all, I can go to a museum, reach a rooftop through an apartment building, go to a fast food restaurant, go to an Internet Café, and more.

I don't know why they regressed so much, it's annoying really, small aspects are what make the city feel real, GTA IV had so many minor aspects that made the world feel realistic. A huge problem in GTA V is that you can't take in the atmosphere, pedestrians are too sensitive, when I want to walk the streets, all I see is pedestrians yelling at me, running away from me, or calling the police, it gets so annoying, I don't know why they passed that during testing, it completely ruins the immersion. At times, GTA V can look pretty good, but it just doesn't compare to GTA IV. A great place to see just how real the city feels in GTA IV is the area in front of the museum (which we can also enter), as well as Middle Park.

I think we'll be able to properly judge the environments when the PC version comes out, because console limitations leave the streets devoid of pedestrians, so it feels empty, in GTA IV for PC, every street is packed to the brim with pedestrians.

Totally agree what you said.It really feels like a movie set.What i loved to do in gta4 was get in a car and drive like a normal person,listen to JNR and just enjoy in this beautiful world.

I have never done anything like that in gta5.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

Bert is smack on the money. Everything in LS does indeed feel wooden and fake. It looks pretty, but lacks soul IMO. Something LC has plenty of.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:52 AM Edited by Mr_Leone, 05 January 2014 - 08:53 AM.

It's funny, detail is something I thought would carry over, and it has, no question, just not to the extent of IV. I decided to take a stroll in Alderney and an ambulance was blocking traffic. I whistled a cab to pick me up and it crashed into another car, and the cab driver was killed on impact. His foot was jammed and he just sped off into the curb, and he hit a few Korean gangsters, who dragged him out his car, and beat him. Cops showed up and arrested one of them, but the other fought back, killing an officer with a bullet to the chest. Ambulances arrived on scene after the initial one fled after the first shot, and attended to the cop who was pronounced dead. The Korean was shot dead and the other one was being arrested by another officer. 

It then started to rain, and as the ambulance rushed the injured man to the hospital, I just sat back and thought: Why is this not happening in GTA 5? Why can't I get that breathing world vibe I was soooooo use to seeing in Liberty City? Everything looked so much better, the peds weren't legoland characters who called the cops on you all the time? In GTA IV, peds would call the cops if they got jacked or heard gunshots. Now, in GTA V, they do that (x10) and call the cops if you just so happen to be walking down the street (which in GTA IV I loved doing) in the same direction. It's odd.

• theGTAking101, Drunken Cowboy and VIce City Again like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Agreed Mr Leone. I have also yet to see peds engage in any sort combat in GTA V apart from those police chases.

It doesn't happen all the time in GTA IV, but most fender benders result in peds coming to blows with each other and in GTA V cops don't appear to chase peds on foot, arrest them and place them into squad cars either.

To me it's just not good enough. Hell I'd say RDR environment felt more alive than what GTA V's does.

I don't know why so many of GTA IV's detail appear to be non-existent, but maybe that's not the reason? Compared to the older GTAs GTA IV was in a league of its in regards to detail and made the old cities feel like dead wastelands. GTA V isn't as big of leap in that regard. This not as noticeable.

From what I've seen in GTA V a lot of the peds do differently is only due to the different setting such as them hiking, riding jet skis etc.

I've spent quite a number of hours walking around LS, but all they seem to do is stand around talking and well doing f*ck all for the most part.
  • Zello likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

I get what V was going for, the "shiny surface" of living in LA - er, Los Santos - but unfortunately that's what it is - surface. I do think it looks great for what it is, but I prefer LC. That might be part of why I just can't get into V as much - I feel like I'm driving around a designer's dream, it just wasn't a game designer.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Although the pedestrians and their interaction with the city in IV may not be present in V, you have to hand it to V. R* truly paid attention to making the game feel real with the little details such as radio static, the flip-flopping flip-flops, the wet clothes, turbulence, etc. These tiny details are much more present in V IMO.
  • Kajjy likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:33 AM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 06 January 2014 - 08:34 AM.

You're right about GTA V feeling "empty".

Rockstar is like "we're so hilarious for mimicking modern, plastic society!"

An entire game centered around drugs, diva celebrities, social networking, and selfies gets to be quite insufferable. Why are you mocking these things? Because we hate them. The joke stops being funny pretty quickly when you gotta deal with it all the time in V. You call adding Instagram filters to Snapmatic a "content update"?!

Liberty was the perfect setting of urban decay and crime the story was showcasing. I don't know, to me, Liberty felt bigger and more alive than Los Santos (I love Blaine County, horribly unused part of the map in V's story.)

To me, Liberty will always be king. I can appreciate certain atmospheric details of V (as stated, changing sounds for different footwear, sweat reflection, animals, etc.) but they're just surface detail.

And I didn't exactly enjoy Los Santos', like, four tall buildings for that "urban" feel. It would have been cool if they focused a lot more on Blaine County.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

You're right about the interactive detail, too.

Even though the indoor locations in IV are LIMITED, there's still more than V...

The hospitals, the internet cafes, the Libertonian, the Cluckin' Bells, the Burger Shots, the (MORE THAN ONE) strip clubs, the bars, the cabaret clubs, the bowling alleys.

What's in V? A few cloned convenience stores and gun stores. Not even food stands or fast food joints are functioning...

That was such a f*cking pain in the ass. The only way to heal is drive all the way back home and pick up first aid, or hunt for the ever elusive pop machines...

• LancerG2 likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:20 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 06 January 2014 - 09:22 AM.

I completely agree with you Drunken Cowboy.

I always loved the satire in GTAs. But part of its charm was that it was subtle. It was on radio, ads, internet and TV, but it only rarely reared its head into the story. For example, IV's story dealt with larger issues such as corrupt government agencies or hypocritical politicians too, but it took it more seriously there. Bernie was a comedy relief, but the whole thing with Dawkins lying to the public wasn't.

Now compare it to V. The satire is everywhere in the main story. LifeInvader and Lester's assassinations in general, Fame or Shame, Fabien, Weston, Richards, Jimmy and Tracy... . When you're being beaten over your head with the satire it just stops being that funny and smart. I admit, I laughed at R*'s jokes, but in retrospect, it was only detrimental to the story's overall tone. You just can't take many of V's supporting characters and their plotlines seriously. And GTA isn't like Saints Row, where everything is lighthearted and for fun. We are supposed to take, at very least, the main characters seriously. But everything just clashes into a distorted mess when you put Michael, Franklin and Trevor against that annoyingly oversatirical backdrop. V just feels less about criminals and their struggles (even if the crime is very high profile and dealing with terrorism and goverment agencies such as CIA) and more as a tool used to laugh at everything about our society. It was the other way around in all previous GTAs.

Yeah I went a little off topic, but it's connected to the game's atmosphere too. Liberty City was plastered with satirical billboards too, but you could take it seriously thanks to game's overall tone. It just felt like a real city. Los Santos is just a parody, overblown amusement park. I don't like the city. The way R* presented it, and the people in it, actually makes me loathe it.

I don't know, maybe even R* don't like LA very much. I mean, in IV, even though the city was presented as a cesspit of crime and corruption, I still got the feeling that the entire game is actually a love letter to New York. I don't get that feeling in Los Santos.

• Ermac, Drunken Cowboy, Ixnay and 1 other like this

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

Gta 4 feels more dull and empty compared to gta 5...

At least to me.

this +1

liberty city dark atmosphere really sucks

Kalix47
  • Kalix47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by Kalix47, 07 January 2014 - 11:24 PM.

I completely agree with you Drunken Cowboy.

I always loved the satire in GTAs. But part of its charm was that it was subtle. It was on radio, ads, internet and TV, but it only rarely reared its head into the story. For example, IV's story dealt with larger issues such as corrupt government agencies or hypocritical politicians too, but it took it more seriously there. Bernie was a comedy relief, but the whole thing with Dawkins lying to the public wasn't.

Now compare it to V. The satire is everywhere in the main story. LifeInvader and Lester's assassinations in general, Fame or Shame, Fabien, Weston, Richards, Jimmy and Tracy... . When you're being beaten over your head with the satire it just stops being that funny and smart. I admit, I laughed at R*'s jokes, but in retrospect, it was only detrimental to the story's overall tone. You just can't take many of V's supporting characters and their plotlines seriously. And GTA isn't like Saints Row, where everything is lighthearted and for fun. We are supposed to take, at very least, the main characters seriously. But everything just clashes into a distorted mess when you put Michael, Franklin and Trevor against that annoyingly oversatirical backdrop. V just feels less about criminals and their struggles (even if the crime is very high profile and dealing with terrorism and goverment agencies such as CIA) and more as a tool used to laugh at everything about our society. It was the other way around in all previous GTAs.

Yeah I went a little off topic, but it's connected to the game's atmosphere too. Liberty City was plastered with satirical billboards too, but you could take it seriously thanks to game's overall tone. It just felt like a real city. Los Santos is just a parody, overblown amusement park. I don't like the city. The way R* presented it, and the people in it, actually makes me loathe it.

I don't know, maybe even R* don't like LA very much. I mean, in IV, even though the city was presented as a cesspit of crime and corruption, I still got the feeling that the entire game is actually a love letter to New York. I don't get that feeling in Los Santos.

I also love Gta IV more, the story, characters and the bleak city atmosphere {I have always liked Liberty City more than SA (Los Santos/Las Venturas/San Fierro) and Vice City}
BUT, Gta V just looks AWESOME and have a great multiplayer.(more or less)
Gta IV will always be a classic and I will definitely keep coming back to it.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

God I love LC. I was just playing before and I'm pretty sure I saw more activity in the hour or so in the streets than I have in the 110+ of GTA V.

I had no idea cops could buy newspapers from the newstands. It's something I've never noticed before. I also saw two fist fights break out in Bohan in a matter of a few minutes and the cops breaking them up.

When does that ever happen in GTA V? That's right the super cops just kill everyone instead of having the intelligence to arrest people.

• kvic likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

How this would of been fixed for me, swap characters around, GTA IV charecters in GTA V, GTA V characters in GTA V, keep storyline blah blah etc.

(Except Trevor doesn't kill Johnny, because Johnny is a beast.)

• theGTAking101 likes this

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

God I love LC. I was just playing before and I'm pretty sure I saw more activity in the hour or so in the streets than I have in the 110+ of GTA V.

I had no idea cops could buy newspapers from the newstands. It's something I've never noticed before. I also saw two fist fights break out in Bohan in a matter of a few minutes and the cops breaking them up.

When does that ever happen in GTA V? That's right the super cops just kill everyone instead of having the intelligence to arrest people.

That's the nice thing about IV when you think you saw everything in the game something new pop's up.

• Zello likes this

DonkeyEatingCheese
  • DonkeyEatingCheese

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

I love LC too. I enjoy the grey and gritty atmosphere. I used to hate it at first, I was like what the hell is up with this dull grey city, but now I love it. I haven't really taken many walks around the city, I usually just drive around listening to the radio. I think I'm gonna walk around the city tonight.

@SonofLiberty: You are right that Los Santos feels artificial, but I think it was done on purpose. It represents what the Houser's think of the city, I believe. It still has a pretty good atmosphere though. One thing that kind of pulls me out of the immersion in V is the lens flare effect. It was there in VC but it never pulled me out of the immersion, but here in V it does.

I think most people prefer V's atmosphere and views to IV's because it's a lot more pleasing on the eyes and is more colourful and vibrant.

That police detail you noticed, that's awesome, I never knew that either. I hate that cops in V are just paid to shoot people, not chase or arrest them.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I personally prefer the atmosphere of GTA V. Here's why.

Very rare a game has intrigued me to the point where I feel as if I'm a part of the world. I'm not sure why IV didn't have this same effect. Maybe It's because of the outdated graphics, or maybe I just have a sketchy memory of it. (I really need to get back to GTA IV) but GTA V captivated me to the point of me being a part of this world Rockstar has created. 

I remember killing this guy outside Simeon's office. I triggered his cutscene and when I started the mission, I saw these guys crowding his body. No, they weren't paramedics, they were taking photos and writing notes, as if its an investigation. Not only that, but other people in their job uniforms don't just stand or walk around, they actually do their jobs.  Some may argue that the peds calling cops is an annoying feature, and while it is repetitive, I'm glad it was implemented instead of peds just screaming and running around. 

Let's also not forget the tiny details put into the game. The fact that different shoes makes different sounds and flip flops actually flop, makes you think that R* did play close attention to the little things, even though large things such as businesses may not have had 100 percent thought put into them. 

I also think that Blaine County has little surprises. I remember I walked into a scrapyard and these guard dogs starting chasing after me, along with a redneck with a shotgun. And the wildlife is amazing, I thought that the only wildlife was dogs and deers who just walked around, but I was mistaken. Dogs run into flocks of birds, deers drink out of lakes, flies buzz, etc.  

Also lets not forget we can see the main cast go by their everyday lives. Whether it's Ron looking out for aliens, Trevor throwing grenades at his trailer, Jimmy cycling around, I'm glad the central characters receive some recognition outside of missions. 

• Lowi likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

I liked V too much, it is an masterpiece, no doubt about it. But GOTTA LOVE IV. Everything seems so perfect, to every little detail. Like i have said before, i loved V, but playing IV still gives me the same feeling i got back in 2008, when first played it. In my opinion, perfect city, with LOTS of details yet to be discovered.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

I liked V too much, it is an masterpiece, no doubt about it. But GOTTA LOVE IV. Everything seems so perfect, to every little detail. Like i have said before, i loved V, but playing IV still gives me the same feeling i got back in 2008, when first played it. In my opinion, perfect city, with LOTS of details yet to be discovered.

Los Santos in GTA V has more details than liberty city in gta iv

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

For me it feels completely different. I'm one of those who just like LC more than San Andreas, no reason in the world would explain why, since we all got different points of view.. for me, Liberty City feels more intense, alive, heavier than Los Santos.

• Ixnay likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

I love LC too. I enjoy the grey and gritty atmosphere. I used to hate it at first, I was like what the hell is up with this dull grey city, but now I love it. I haven't really taken many walks around the city, I usually just drive around listening to the radio. I think I'm gonna walk around the city tonight.

@SonofLiberty: You are right that Los Santos feels artificial, but I think it was done on purpose. It represents what the Houser's think of the city, I believe. It still has a pretty good atmosphere though. One thing that kind of pulls me out of the immersion in V is the lens flare effect. It was there in VC but it never pulled me out of the immersion, but here in V it does.

I think most people prefer V's atmosphere and views to IV's because it's a lot more pleasing on the eyes and is more colourful and vibrant.

That police detail you noticed, that's awesome, I never knew that either. I hate that cops in V are just paid to shoot people, not chase or arrest them.

For me GTA V being so colourful and vibrant is what drags its atmosphere down in ways as it makes it feel cartoony. The only two places I feel are truly atmospheric are Vespucci Beach and Del Perro Pier.

LC on the the other hand is atmospheric everywhere I go. From Hove Beach, to Bohan, to Star Junction, to Alderney. Everywhere feels like it was meticulously hand crafted with care and attention to detail. I don't get that feeling with LS. I mean don't me wrong details like flip flops flopping, puddles from water being created when you step out of it etc are nice, but they're all superficial. Has anyone noticed hats and glasses can't be knocked anymore like in GTA IV?

The biggest difference between the two cities is peds in LC typically do more at the same time. Most of the time I can be guaranteed to see peds looking in shop windows, buying food from vendors, sweeping footpaths, conversing with others, drinking coffee, talking on their phones and this occurs in the same vicinity.

With LS from what I've seen peds mostly just stand around talking and the rare ped every now and then looking in a shop window. The Libnertonians feel like they're actually going about their everyday lives. The Santosians (I just made a new word hehe) feel like stand ins for a Vinewood production and are just there to act like props. Maybe it was R*'s intention given the setting. Who knows.

Maybe I feel this way about LC because I've been playing GTA IV on and off for over half a decade, but even LS in SA never done much for me either. VC is the only "bright and colourful" location I can say I love.

LS in both the 3D era and HD era don't do much for me at all.

Given the fact the only reason you post in the GTA IV forum to rubbish it and say how much it sucks can anyone trust your word?

• DonkeyEatingCheese and Zello like this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by GoldenBlade, 11 January 2014 - 07:04 PM.

Better atmosphere? I give that to GTA IV. I love how the city feels so alive. Walking around LC really feels like you're walking through a city in real life. It has that special vibe, and I love it. The detail in GTA IV is outstanding. R* did an absolutely amazing job with creating everything. I love flying over LC, and just enjoying the beautiful view. I especially love cruising around the city, or even just walking. It's a great way to take in all of the detail.
  • Zello likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

I have to say... I love GTA IV but the GTA V weather is good. The sunset is awesome. GTA IV doesn't have that.

• Majestic81 and Lowi like this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:04 PM Edited by Majestic81, 11 January 2014 - 09:05 PM.

I hate the sunny weather in IV, its too orange or something.

@OP, IV's atmosphere over V's any day. i agree that IV has a special vibe, GTAV is good, but meh..

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

@OP, IV's atmosphere over V's any day. i agree that IV has a special vibe, GTAV is good, but meh..

Orange? Only at sunset but it looks beautiful.

• Zello likes this

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

That's the same thing my cousin said. 

The way they did the rain and fog though, looks quite realistic. But it only contributes the 'darkness' the game has. 

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:18 AM Edited by BlackScout, 12 January 2014 - 04:18 AM.

I really hope for the PC Version coming REALLY REALLY different, like with lots of interiors and much more peds and stuff.
It's unlikely to have a better environment like 50% different from the console version.
But there's no limitations of hardware so I think it shouldn't be a problem to add more stuff and reality in the PC Version.
BTW. I don't enjoy the gray, cold mood of GTA IV, I just don't like it. I have 50 hours of play time, and I think it's too less compared to other GTA Titles I've played, I don't enjoy free roaming in this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users