Timed out

Freeze

• lizardman563, DeafMetal and Drunken Cowboy like this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Going through my second playthrough of the game now, and I'm kind of surprised at how depressing some of the little details are. The game's satire is usually so over-the-top that it's just too ridiculous to take seriously, but I've seen two little things that kind of got me off guard and made me a little sad on this playthrough.

First, I switched to Michael, did a cop chase, and decided to head back home for the health pack in the bathroom since I was pretty close to it anyway. So, I went upstairs and I heard Tracey vomiting, she said something like "it's nothing dad, I just had a huge diner." I thought it was just because she had drank too much from a party or something, which I would totally expect, so I chuckled. As I walked out of the door, though, she said something along the lines of "nobody wants a fat daughter." Like, f*ck, Rockstar, that's f*cked up.

The second thing I encountered was a few minutes ago: I went to Vespuchi Beach to get the masks for the underwater heist and saw a hooker there after I finished so I picked her up. During the service, she said something like "I'm just doing this to pay off my student loans," which I thought was pretty funny (she was jumping on Michael's balls so it was hard to take seriously). After she left though, she got on the phone and said in a pretty self-loathing tone "Hey, about those student loans..." (I accidentally scared her off after that though so didn't catch the rest lol) That's pretty f*cked up too, especially when you know people who are neck-high in student debt.

Seriously, it's pretty f*cked up - they bring in real, sad issues just out of nowhere in the middle of all the ridiculous sh*t.

Anyone else have a moment like this while playing the game?

Man up a little bit princess, it's a video game.

TellTale's The Walking Dead was a video game. It made hundreds upon thousands cry. Should those people man up, too?

The Last of Us was a video game. It made a lot of people very emotional, as well, seeing the world ravaged the way it was and the characters going through what they did.

What about all the other story-focused, character-driven games? And games like GTA V, that stress the details. Do you want to know why you never felt such emotion? Because you're close-minded and unable to embrace a video game's influence through careful story-telling and character dialogue. But you have the foolish audacity to call someone else cowardish for being willing to display their influenced emotions on a public forum.

You're the real "princess" here. Someone so afraid of displaying your own humanity that you feel the need to act tough and gruff.

f*ck you. Get out of here. 

And no you didn't strike a nerve. I just really love talking down onto people like you. Impulse and stuff. 

Take care and f*ck right off. 

I love you. 

10/10

Would read again.

• Anzand17 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Shallow nerd c*nts are proud of virtual vehicles.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Kinda off topic, but in the real world tonight I was getting out of my car in front of a take-out sandwich shop ( in medium size city in USA), and two teenage girls came bounding out of the place, happy and lots of energy, and they were talking to each other.  Just as they got to their car, beside my car, I just heard this snippet of conversation:  "Well, maybe you can do that in Russia, but you can't do it here.  (pause)  How do you say 'motherfu--'," and  their car door closes and that was all I heard.  I think these kinds of crazy things are inspiration for some of the beautiful NPC quotes that Rockstar injects into GTA.  :^:

I get those moments all the time. I was outside a sandwich joint myself when two college kids walked by the window.

"Yeah, well, Sir Isaac Newton invented calculus, so f*ck that sh*t."

• Anzand17 and DeafMetal like this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

@GTAVFan101:

No, immigrant jokes are always funny. I should know my great grand parents immigrated to the US from Europe :cool: Don't worry about that not making any sense, just roll with it.

Ahh, well that's a relief. I thought that someone might feel offended because of that.

Am I the only one here who wasn't offended/shocked by the mission By The Book and didn't feel one bit of remorse for what I was doing to Mr. K ?

Really dumb, tacked on addition to the story. Just another shotty attempt at fleshing out Trevor and story telling by R*.

"o man toture's bad and not cool, m'kay? but we just did it kuz 4 the lols and it was fun lol"

Actually, if you remember TLAD, Both Johnny and BIlly tortured that guy "Pretty Boy" or whatever he's called. They actually broke his skull. Something that Trevor didn't do to Mr. K. 

Also, Johnny and Billy tortured him for a friggin bike. While, Trevor did it for the FIB. There's a big difference there.

BTW, I apologize for my rudeness the last time I replied to you. I admit that what I said was uncalled for. 

Yeah but even Johnny K felt bad for doing it, and BILLY broke pretty boys JAW, Johnny also was offended if you actually listened to the dialogue if you heard what pretty boy said about Billy. Also gangs will be gangs.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:58 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 23 January 2014 - 12:59 PM.

@GTAVFan101:

No, immigrant jokes are always funny. I should know my great grand parents immigrated to the US from Europe :cool: Don't worry about that not making any sense, just roll with it.

Ahh, well that's a relief. I thought that someone might feel offended because of that.

Am I the only one here who wasn't offended/shocked by the mission By The Book and didn't feel one bit of remorse for what I was doing to Mr. K ?

Really dumb, tacked on addition to the story. Just another shotty attempt at fleshing out Trevor and story telling by R*.

"o man toture's bad and not cool, m'kay? but we just did it kuz 4 the lols and it was fun lol"

Actually, if you remember TLAD, Both Johnny and BIlly tortured that guy "Pretty Boy" or whatever he's called. They actually broke his skull. Something that Trevor didn't do to Mr. K. 

Also, Johnny and Billy tortured him for a friggin bike. While, Trevor did it for the FIB. There's a big difference there.

BTW, I apologize for my rudeness the last time I replied to you. I admit that what I said was uncalled for. 

Yeah but even Johnny K felt bad for doing it, and BILLY broke pretty boys JAW, Johnny also was offended if you actually listened to the dialogue if you heard what pretty boy said about Billy. Also gangs will be gangs.

Even if he felt bad for doing it, he still tortured the guy didn't he?

OT: R* really did a good job to reflect on modern day society. I mean seriously. you got hookers that need to pay for their student loans, strippers that need money for drugs to lessen the shame on being a stripper, movie people having sex with directors just to get a role for a movie, and many more.

Say what you will about the game being happy and filled with sun shines but, underneath the sugar-coating, it may be just as deep as IV.

• stobe187 likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by LancerG2, 24 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

@GTAVFan101:

Even if he felt bad for doing it, he still tortured the guy didn't he?

When you think about it, kind of different to torture, it was more of beating him up, Well, I dunno, Is there a line to beating someone up and/or torture?

Also what about Niko? He wasn't 100% good, he slapped Gracie once, but then again who didn't? Even Luis hated her.

• Anzand17 and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:31 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 24 January 2014 - 12:31 PM.

When you think about it, kind of different to torture, it was more of beating him up, Well, I dunno, Is there a line to beating someone up and/or torture?

Also what about Niko? He wasn't 100% good, he slapped Gracie once, but then again who didn't? Even Luis hated her.

I dunno.  :p

But anyway, Niko slapped that bi*ch because she deserved it. He actually did the player a favour. 

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Also speaking of the lost in GTA:O there is a mission you have to do involving the lost (surprise, suprise) where you go to a funeral and gun them all down.

I quit, honestly, you don't just go wreck up a funeral, I mean show some damned respect here, they're grieving. They don't need to grieve any more.

• nobum62 and JetsRLove like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Capitalism is a dirty business

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

I dunno.  :p

But anyway, Niko slapped that bi*ch because she deserved it. He actually did the player a favour.

He should've turkey slapped her.
  • theNGclan, Gta_V_Fan_101 and LancerG2 like this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

Uhhh...I dont think there was an actual funeral taking place during that mission.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Also speaking of the lost in GTA:O there is a mission you have to do involving the lost (surprise, suprise) where you go to a funeral and gun them all down.

I quit, honestly, you don't just go wreck up a funeral, I mean show some damned respect here, they're grieving. They don't need to grieve any more.

That was one of my favorite missions lol I'm a sucker for graveyard shootings. Just needed some snow to make it as awesome as the missions in GTA V and Max Payne 3.

• SuburbansWorst likes this

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Let me see here. Well I would say playing as Franklin was depressing as he is an annoying little ghetto brat that is by his own account much too good for his own people. Playing as a rich white man has its benefits, such as everything. 

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:07 PM Edited by LancerG2, 24 January 2014 - 02:12 PM.

That was one of my favorite missions lol I'm a sucker for graveyard shootings. Just needed some snow to make it as awesome as the missions in GTA V and Max Payne 3.

Insanity level anyone?

OT: can someone please Photoshop Niko's and Gracie's' head in this image?

slap.jpg

• DeafMetal likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Insanity level anyone?

I suck at photoshop but here is what it looks like, roughly:

b5fa7695fa1dbdbf6445b17517c7a4d8.png

I know, it looks awful.

BTW, my brother is playing Trevor's first mission.

• Miamivicecity, Officer Ronson, DeafMetal and 3 others like this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

Insanity level anyone?

I suck at photoshop but here is what it looks like, roughly:

b5fa7695fa1dbdbf6445b17517c7a4d8.png

I know, it looks awful.

BTW, my brother is playing Trevor's first mission.

All my lols.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:04 AM

You must not have beaten San Andreas then.  Because that ACTUALLY happened in San Andreas.  Whereas in GTA:O all you did was light up some bikers who just happened to be in a graveyard.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:38 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 25 January 2014 - 12:39 PM.

All my lols.

I should've added a few tears on Gracie's face. DOMESTIC ABUSE!!!

• LancerG2 likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:17 PM Edited by Bozzah, 25 January 2014 - 02:17 PM.

I ran over some people and then I heard an NPC calling me "sh*tdick, did you hear me? sh*tdick!" 

It was some guy in a blue suit with glasses who wanted to beat me up

Didn't see that one coming haha

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Back to the topic, guys...

• DeafMetal likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

I think the Thread joker just lightened the mood though. :/

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Who's the joker, though? 

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

Who's the joker, though? 

I don't really know, maybe you? You made that photo shop image.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

Hahahaha, as someone who played through the whole of Telltale's Walking Dead (mini)series, I find it VERY hard to believe "hundreds of thousands of people" cried over it. I can't imagine there are that many pussies in the gaming community. And I say this as a fan of the tv series, which is RELENTLESSLY depressing.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

So because you cry, you're a pussy?

Dat logic...

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:02 AM

So because you cry, you're a pussy?

Dat logic...

No, because you cry over fictional characters, you're a pussy. The scene in "The Talisman" where Wolf dies is one of the saddest things I've ever read. In "Raging Bull", when Dinero is punching the wall and crying and saying over and over "I'm not a bad guy", I actually got a little sick to my stomach for how bad I felt for him and how I could relate to his anger and how it kept driving him to do things he would seriously regret. I still never cried. IT'S FICTION. There's plenty of stuff to cry over in the real world. I cried when my grandpa died last year. I don't feel even a little bit like a pussy for it. When I saw "Moulin Rogue" in theaters (don't even try to use that to mock me, my girl wanted to see it and I wanted to have sex later that night), some asshole started sobbing near the end, I wanted to scream at him that he was a bitch (I didn't, I hate people that do things that distract other people during movies and I didn't want to be a hypocrite).

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

so, because a person might have emotional feelings towards a fictional character they're a pussy,

but when good ol' pops dies, its alright to bawl your eyes out? whatever, you cant have it both ways.

but its your opinion, and since you said it, you must be right, Mr. Highandmighty...

Btw, Ive never cried over anyone real dying, because death doesn't really bother me. even when my aunt and uncle died, I didn't shed a tear. I don't go around acting like a hard ass either.

ive also personally never cried over anything fictional, but , then again I don't go calling others pussys...

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:36 PM Edited by Officer Ronson, 01 February 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Bumpity Bump.

There should be a tread for unexpected disturbing moments, I was doing the skydiving activities with Franklin in where you land on the Ron Alternative Farms. As I landed a blue dot appeared on my map and before I approached it really close I used my Sniper rifle scope.

I was disturbed with what I saw.... it was two male hillibillies doing incest...

Broken Condom Kid
  • Broken Condom Kid

The Loser

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Yeah, this game can be sad. Especially during Trevor's dialogue.

From the prologue, if you have an extended battle with the cops, Trevor is basically begging for them to kill him. "JUST TAKE ME INSTEAD" He would have much rather died that day and let Michael and Brad live. 

Also, when Chang rejects Trevor's business deal, if you don't get in the car right away, Trevor will say things like, "CAN'T THINGS JUST WORK OUT FOR ONCE?" "IS HAPPINESS SO HARD?".

The dialogue/voice acting in this game is probably some of the best I've heard in a long time. 

what Michael says after Trevor is killed, and how broken Trevor is (mentally) after seeing Mke and Frank turned on him

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by Loxley, 02 February 2014 - 01:13 AM.

When Michael's family left him. You could feel his depression, especially during switches to him.

Little bits of dialogue from Trevor that really gave hints to who he was inside. He's just a sad little boy who was abused and turned dark inside when he grew up. He puts on an act to hide this side of himself, but it comes out when he drinks or is under the influence of another substance.

Also, when I played through the ending where Trevor dies, it was so sad to see him die like that.

OneManCrimeWave
  • OneManCrimeWave

The One Lovable yet Deadly Human Criminal Conspiracy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:41 AM Edited by Painkill, 02 February 2014 - 11:43 AM.

Franklin's backstory is quite sad if you look deeper into it. I was playing as F himself while hanging out with Jimmy. Franklin told him about his childhood and how as a child he was told stories about how his father was a deadbeat who would continually beat on his mother and even left her once he found out that she was pregnant with Franklin. PS - for those who say that Franklin doesn't have a backstory, please look again.

Another thing is, the way people who are close to Franklin just treat him with little to no respect. Lamar, Denise, and Tonya just treat him like a dog who is beneath them all because he wants more out of life than they do. It's depressing, really. Especially since even Tanisha herself berated Franklin for leaving the hood and getting rich while alienating all off the people he knew that tried to hold him back... Even if that's the exact same thing she did! And, that email that Denise sends Franklin after he moves into that house in Vinewood. She said that the biggest mistake that F's mother made was giving birth to him. That's why I loved the scene where Trevor yells at her and that dumb*ss feminist club of hers to just shut the f*ck up!    

• DeafMetal and LancerG2 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users