Photo

Unexpected sad/depressing moments?

277 replies to this topic
aladdin85
  • aladdin85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

i normally kill the hookers straight after but this thread has ruined that!
  • DeafMetal and Nikobellic303 like this

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

I actually agree with the sentiments on Mr. K, especially when driving him to the airport and he'd keep mentioning his family. The torturing part itself didn't seem so shocking until after this conversation with Trevor. At that point I couldn't help but feel worse about it.

The lady you can bump into randomly in Vinewood, Pamela Drake, gives off a very depressing vibe.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Has anyone noticed that Franklin is trying to find his inner self via the Children of the mountain? Jesus that guy has a lotta' problems.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

^ I never got anywhere beyond that hilarious online quiz.

It was like a really funny/depressing Rorschach test. Is there anything beyond that?

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

I felt bad for Floyd when "it" happened, he was prolly one of the few gta characters if not the only one that was morally gounded.

• Tikhung likes this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Floyd was a pushover. I felt sorry for him, but I mean, how far can one go with that before they stop and think "does this guy even realize that he is being used as a doormat?"

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 07 January 2014 - 07:37 PM.

But exactly was he supposed to do, though? I mean, when he DID stand up to both his girlfriend and Trevor, well... you know what happened. I really felt bad about him as well, he seemed like the only person in the entire game except maybe Patricia who wasn't a scumbag in one way or another. Speaking of which, you guys seen her voice actress? Beautiful woman. Older, but holy f*ck, she musta broken some hearts in her day lol

Here we go:

22684-olivia-negron_large.jpg

Olivia Negro

• Officer Ronson and Deus Ex like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:08 AM Edited by Tenxax, 09 January 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Some people say Floyd's still alive after ''it'', some say that he can be seen in LifeInvader exchanging words with Wade.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

Bury the Hatchet and

Spoiler

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

Bury The Hatchet caught me off-guard, too. I mean, Trevor and Mike had this tension that was driving me crazy for the entire game up to this point, and it never seemed like it was going to end. Then, suddenly, the cutscene starts and the game picked up greatly from there on to me.

There's just too many small details. I played the mission as Michael instead of Trevor, so I got the flashback part while driving to the cemetery in NY. That really cleared up what happened; I had a good idea, but wasn't positive about the extent of Mike's betrayal. Then the standoff between the proclaimed "best friends" was the best part of the mission.

That confused my morals. "I got more to lose than you" (Michael) was a more powerful line than it seemed at the time. Michael still cares about his family even though they left him, and that's why he took the deal in the first place. For his family. Then when the Triads show up and Trevor runs, he throws his gun at Michael instead of shooting him, but Michael opens fire on him and misses.

This proved to me that despite what a psychotic sociopath Trevor is, he is still more loyal than Michael ever was.
  • Officer Ronson, MagzGTA, DeafMetal and 8 others like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

Yeah.definitely

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

Bury The Hatchet caught me off-guard, too. I mean, Trevor and Mike had this tension that was driving me crazy for the entire game up to this point, and it never seemed like it was going to end. Then, suddenly, the cutscene starts and the game picked up greatly from there on to me.

There's just too many small details. I played the mission as Michael instead of Trevor, so I got the flashback part while driving to the cemetery in NY. That really cleared up what happened; I had a good idea, but wasn't positive about the extent of Mike's betrayal. Then the standoff between the proclaimed "best friends" was the best part of the mission.

That confused my morals. "I got more to lose than you" (Michael) was a more powerful line than it seemed at the time. Michael still cares about his family even though they left him, and that's why he took the deal in the first place. For his family. Then when the Triads show up and Trevor runs, he throws his gun at Michael instead of shooting him, but Michael opens fire on him and misses.

This proved to me that despite what a psychotic sociopath Trevor is, he is still more loyal than Michael ever was.

Really? I could've swore I heard the click of Trevor's empty magazine, so he threw it at Michael because it was out of ammo. I don't know lol.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

Watching Mr. K beg for mercy kinda got to me. I know its just a game, but jesus. A pipe wrench to the knee? Damn.

• DeafMetal likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

Really? I could've swore I heard the click of Trevor's empty magazine, so he threw it at Michael because it was out of ammo. I don't know lol.

Just played this last night during my second play-through, and it does click. I think he knew it was empty, and wasn't willing to kill his best friend. He only pulls the trigger instinctively when he sees Cheng's men, yells "F*ck!" and throws the gun an Michael before running away. I'm not sure, I'd have to watch it again.

Another cutscene that caught me by surprise was the beginning of "Fame or Shame." Jesus H Christ the tension was ridiculous the second Trevor walked in. I love how Michael slowly stepped in front of Jimmy as if he was protecting him.

• DeafMetal likes this

Nessa
  • Nessa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

Outchhhh

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 13 January 2014 - 03:50 AM.

Just played this last night during my second play-through, and it does click. I think he knew it was empty, and wasn't willing to kill his best friend. He only pulls the trigger instinctively when he sees Cheng's men, yells "F*ck!" and throws the gun an Michael before running away. I'm not sure, I'd have to watch it again.

Another cutscene that caught me by surprise was the beginning of "Fame or Shame." Jesus H Christ the tension was ridiculous the second Trevor walked in. I love how Michael slowly stepped in front of Jimmy as if he was protecting him.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was loaded though. On the mission where Michael

Spoiler
Trevor has him in his scope and instead of taking him out, he saves his life. Trevor's too loyal to take out Michael.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

The lyrics to "Don't come close" are actually really sad and explain Michael and Trevor's relationship.

I think Rockstar, while it is subtle, made this game more depressing than IV.

• fac316 likes this

Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

This thread is one of the many reasons this is more than just another GTA title, just another video game.

Not only is it aesthetically amazing, but it's very layered, and very deep and marvelously crafted together on every level - something that doesn't happen often, something rare in the video game industry.

R* did a lot more than out do themselves this time, they transformed the benchmark of open world games.
  • DeafMetal, The Odyssey, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

I remember a cop pulling his dead friend behind cover and he said "Everythings gonna be alright". He sounded like he was crying too. I felt bad when I had to put him down when I tried to escape.
  • DeafMetal, ten-a-penny, Alvarez and 1 other like this

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

P.O.P Hold it down

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

This thread is really interesting. I never have dug my self too much into the sad parts but some of this stuff is making me feel bad of all the things I've done. I know its a game but damn.
  • DeafMetal likes this

atsjoonas
  • atsjoonas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Ending was sad cause I didn't wanted that masterpiece to end.

• DeafMetal, fac316 and PoeticWhisper like this

SeFe
  • SeFe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:39 PM Edited by SeFe, 13 January 2014 - 08:41 PM.

"I've got nothing" - Trevor Philips

"I've  got more to lose than you" - Michael De Santa

The scene where Michael pulls Jim behind him when Trevor meets Michael for the first time in the game, showing that he loves his family very much.

Also, the pause menu song is very symbolic.The game is action packed, action action action, but, when you pause it, that relaxing and depressing song kicks in, making you reflect on the story.The world of Los Santos is beautiful and fun on the surface, but, if you analyse it, you will find that its very depressing, just like the story, just like the pedestrian dialogue.GTA V is a masterpiece and Dan Houser is one hell of a writer.

• DeafMetal, fac316 and ten-a-penny like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I was walking up to this group of dirty street people with my minigun out, I was set on killing them, y'know, cuz they're the dregs of society, and then this one vagrant looks at me and is all like, "Man, I've been clean for thirteen days now. Worst thirteen days of my life!" and I didn't want to kill him after that. I didn't want a gruesome death to be this guy's reward for kicking his drug problem, it just didn't seem right or fair. So I put the minigun away and walked off. 

• DeafMetal likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

nightmare

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Just did the Paleto Score again, and I chose the worst gunman (can't remember his name, but his cut was 6%).

Spoiler

• DeafMetal and Bonnano like this

SkyReaper2014
  • SkyReaper2014

Paleto Bay Resident

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

To me I felt guilt for killing Trevor, all through the game I found him annoying (funny at times, but still.) however when it finally let me kill him and he was yelling about how everybody betrays him (or something along that line) I had to load a previous save  and do C.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

I chose B On my 2nd serious playthrough, and I felt M had it coming for deceiving so many people, I was thinking about letting him slide with Trevor, but He convinced me when at some points he was clearly using franklin, like when introducing him to Devin, when he knew damn well that he was selling out Franklinfor a movie gig. Anyway at the 3 choice scene when Devin asks for M to be killed, he convinced me when he said M has backstabbed everyone he has ever known. I was all for it so I went with it and beat the game.

...Then I got my heart broke. Trever calls and asks "so you did it?". Frank lies cause I suppose he is actually a pathological liar, and it was when Trevor said u r dead to me. He then calls later and said Franklin was just like Micheal, treacherous. I was like wtf you wanted him dead anyway! I could take everyone else freakin out on franklin, I even loved hearing Jimmy cry and possibly growing the f up, but trevor made me go back to C. Its even worse because Michael is happy when Trevor dies but Trevor disowns Frank when the other way around.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Its even worse because Michael is happy when Trevor dies but Trevor disowns Frank when the other way around.

Not really, it's obvious that their friendship is strained if you do kill Trevor. Trevor wanted to kill Michael, but he couldn't go through with it. He isn't just a mindless psychopath, he has a code he abides by.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:06 AM Edited by Shade04rek, 20 January 2014 - 10:07 AM.

Its even worse because Michael is happy when Trevor dies but Trevor disowns Frank when the other way around.

Not really, it's obvious that their friendship is strained if you do kill Trevor. Trevor wanted to kill Michael, but he couldn't go through with it. He isn't just a mindless psychopath, he has a code he abides by.

That actually sounds right. Micheal sounded like he didn't want to be wrong and just defends their choice, but deep down knows that he regrets it but can't let it show. He was reluctant when Franklin 1st calls him about it too.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

So apparently Trevor

Spoiler

He ruined his job, ruined his relationship, ruined his home, ruined his moral standing, had him beaten up, and

Spoiler

Jesus.

While it's still pretty awful, I assumed Trevor was just "cuddling" with him to f*** with his mind.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Michael, literally, has superhuman shooting skills. Do you think he'd have missed if he was really trying?

• Drug Tino likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users