Growing Structure on Vespucci Beach?

29 replies to this topic
GTA_REEFER
  • GTA_REEFER

Eye in the sky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I was driving down the beach yesterday and noticed this huge rusted steel structure sticking out of the ground. I realised I've never seen this before so I looked it up and didn't find anything but a few videos of someone driving around the area and there was nothing but a few metals beams sticking out of the ground in the same spot. 

Does anyone know what this growing structure is about ?

(sorry no pic.  im on a crappy phone )

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:42 PM Edited by Polish_Trucker, 04 January 2014 - 08:42 PM.

Do you mean this? 

VespucciBeachSculpture-GTAV.jpg

GTA_REEFER
  • GTA_REEFER

Eye in the sky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Yes, has this been here the whole time?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:54 PM Edited by Tycek, 04 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.

It was added in some patch (1.05), but its role is unknown as of now.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Looks like what some people call 'art'.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

No it was added in patch 1.07.

My theories in what it is are:

1) this structure was intended from day 1 but they messed up and had the wrong model the whole time. Highly unlikely but possible.

2) perhaps this is an evolution of the in game world That people speculated on would happen with the mile high club where as time goes on the world changes
  • MC., jamieleng, sqre and 5 others like this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

Don't hate, appreciate.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

This is actually pretty cool. I never saw this in game before. Don't know how I didn't but, it kinda looks like the head of a horse.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

I read on the GTAWiki that the statue isn't solid and you can walk through it. Is that true?

Ray Margarita
  • Ray Margarita

The American Dream

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

I read on the GTAWiki that the statue isn't solid and you can walk through it. Is that true?

Well, GTAWiki isn't the most reliable source, so I would say no.

DANIEL3GS
  • DANIEL3GS

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

I thought they added it for christmas, because it looked like a christmas tree.  :bored:

• PsychoGamer likes this

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Well for one thing the model doesn't have a proper collision model.
So they are going to add more stuff so keep a look out.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

Don't hate, appreciate.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

I'm going to check for collision and imma let u guys know.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

Yeah I clocked this as well, but I just assumed it's always been there and I just didnt notice it before.

Strange.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

A real, talking rabbit!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

What if someone had quicksaved in it's spot before they added it in?

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

Don't hate, appreciate.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

Its solid

Stuntman--420
  • Stuntman--420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

To me it seems like it was there the whole time, but i cannot quite remember going there enough in single player to be sure if it was there or not. One thing i have noticed in the latest patch is some new billboard sign textures. I could have sworn much of them were duplicated before, but now I am almost positive i see new ones. It's hard enough to confirm this, because i didn't take any pictures of them in the past, but maybe others have noticed this?

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

Don't hate, appreciate.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

I wanna see pics of these things changing in the game world. Maybe there's gonna be more so we better keep our eyes peeled.
Constantly evolving world..?

kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

I wanna see pics of these things changing in the game world. Maybe there's gonna be more so we better keep our eyes peeled.
Constantly evolving world..?

If you go to the Grave Yard where the Grave is in the middle of the little pond,there are two Christmas Wreaths setting by it....I figure Rockstar will remove it Tomorrow, because they are removing the Christmas crap Jan 5th. Just something i found while getting the Letter Scraps Today....

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

The big Iron Mess Sculpture was added after a patch, It replaced a model of a real life sculpture in venice beach CA, apparently it bore too much resemblance to the real life sculpture and either the artist wanted it removed or Rockstar decided to act before they got hit with another lawsuit (like with L. Lohan and Daz Dillinger).

The real world sculpture was called "Declaration", and it was by "artist" Mark di Survero

• MC. likes this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

ya if you look at this video you can see the original art that has now been replaced.

https://www.youtube....h?v=O2SGwDxWHI8   its on the left at 2:44

• MC. likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

Very interesting. If it's truly part of the "evolving world" theory then there's so many possibilities of what they can do; open up new shops, open the mine, new interiors, etc.

• dyz likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

A real, talking rabbit!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

Patch 1.08 seems to have added some stuff. The construction site just north of the Freeway in Los Santos appears to have developed some more. On top of that it seems like a lot more cop cars spawn around the city now. Then again, it could just be my imagination. Can anyone else confirm?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

The big Iron Mess Sculpture was added after a patch, It replaced a model of a real life sculpture in venice beach CA, apparently it bore too much resemblance to the real life sculpture and either the artist wanted it removed or Rockstar decided to act before they got hit with another lawsuit (like with L. Lohan and Daz Dillinger).

The real world sculpture was called "Declaration", and it was by "artist" Mark di Survero

Declaration-Sculpture-Venice-Beach-.jpg

/f*ckingthread

No Rockstar trying to evolve the world hopefullness. Just retarded copyright sh*t to cover their asses from a lawsuit. Go home folks. Fool me once for hoping in Rockstar, shame on them. Fool me twice for hoping in Rockstar, shame on me.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:52 AM Edited by ll rdny ll, 05 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

@above.

You got a confirmation on that? Because if not, you can't rule anything out. If I took a bunch of metal and welded it into a bunch of shapes, and subsequently had Rockstar imitate the art with their media, I'd be pretty f*cking honored. I wouldn't call my lawyers and say that a structure inside their fictional world looks too similar to something i made in the real world and demand payment.

Some Buildings in Los Santos are almost exactly the same as real world buildings. Are architects calling R* bitching about it?

I understand the differences between art and architecture, obviously, but in a lot of ways this argument makes sense. Does the artist get paid regularly for their work? I doubt it. If it doesnt bring in revenue, it really isn't an intellectual property, its just a part of the city.
  • jamieleng, dyz, Osho and 1 other like this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

I prefer the new one.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

@above.

You got a confirmation on that? Because if not, you can't rule anything out. If I took a bunch of metal and welded it into a bunch of shapes, and subsequently had Rockstar imitate the art with their media, I'd be pretty f*cking honored. I wouldn't call my lawyers and say that a structure inside their fictional world looks too similar to something i made in the real world and demand payment.

Some Buildings in Los Santos are almost exactly the same as real world buildings. Are architects calling R* bitching about it?

I understand the differences between art and architecture, obviously, but in a lot of ways this argument makes sense. Does the artist get paid regularly for their work? I doubt it. If it doesnt bring in revenue, it really isn't an intellectual property, its just a part of the city.

I have been searching for some conformation of why they changed the sculpture, and I have not found it.  The one thing for sure is that, as stated above, it used to exactly match the real world sculpture, and then it was changed. 

I hope they continue to make dynamic changes like this, just for the purpose of keeping the world interesting.  Clearly they cannot structurally change areas where there are story missions, and probably not do structural changes in most places, since they could upset user content races and missions.  But I would like to see billboards, signs, locations and types of spawned vehicles, and storefronts occasionally change. 

clevertrev
  • clevertrev

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

if you look at the opposite side of the path to where the sculpture is you will see an RSJ sticking up out of a plinth, My guess is this is its there for the next sculpture to be mounted on in a future download.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

I prefer the new one.

Me too. Art, huh?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

@above.

This is because you are not an artist. And I am willing to bet he DID get paid to put his "object" there on the beach.

Also, you are a GTA fan, this old man artist is probably not. Of course you'd be honored to have your art in their game. I highly doubt the old man feels the same way and could probably careless. He probably didn't even know what GTA was until his art was in the game.

FlamesofDeceit
  • FlamesofDeceit

Dick Hertz

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I was cruising around with my crew, and we all ran into it, but neither of us could place it in the GTA5 timeline or ever noticing it before. I figured it for some future DLC with Aliens, simply because I want the solution to the Alien mystery at Mt. Chiliad. It was random though. Very weird.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users