Photo

Franklin wasn't what I expected him to be

191 replies to this topic
I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

just had the conversation with lamar like "if I could make paper in the hood I would be still there" so he definitely didn't want to leave south central because he hated to live there, his surrounding or gangs.

the strange thing in the same conversation is that he asks Lamar about Chop, but he is with Franklin all the time??

Thank you bro. 

This has been stated countless times on this forum by me and others, but some people on here still seem to insist on saying Franklin wanted to leave the gang life, or that he's no longer a gang member, which is not exactly true - as you have further demonstrated. 

Then why is Franklin so stoked to have his new house in the hills?

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:15 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 01 February 2014 - 09:19 PM.

The conversation about Chop doesn't make sense typically because it's like the third or fourth hang out conversation, so you literally have to hang out with Lamar after every mission in order to get it before you get Chop.

But yeah, basically, Franklin isn't exactly against gangs or gang banging, it's just that he is starting to see that it isn't worth it in the long run for him. 

You can make a lot of assumptions about WHY.  There are a few threads in the story but nothing is ever fleshed out.  It's sometimes implyed that he did some jail time that possibly made him want to change, it's also heavily implied that he is unhappy with the state of how the gang is run (always complaining that the OG's don't give a f*ck about him and Lamar and only themselves, as evidenced by Stretch who was willing to sell them out to not get clipped by the Ballas).  Lamar implies that Franklin only wants to change to impress Tanisha.

In the end though, all that matters is that Franklin has become disillusioned with his lifestyle relatively recently and is looking for ways out, or at least ways to get ahead.  The story doesn't go into it enough (unless it does more in the Lamar friend activities and I haven't seen them).  Franklin wants out, but at the same time this has been his whole f*cking life.  He has friends in families even if they don't show up in the storyline.  He has history with the families, and you could argue that Famliies is all he really has going for him, hence why he makes it seem like he wants out but he doesn't.  

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

The conversation about Chop doesn't make sense typically because it's like the third or fourth hang out conversation, so you literally have to hang out with Lamar after every mission in order to get it before you get Chop.

No for sure not.

When he says this he already lives in his new appartement. This conversation will never happen before.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

just had the conversation with lamar like "if I could make paper in the hood I would be still there" so he definitely didn't want to leave south central because he hated to live there, his surrounding or gangs.

the strange thing in the same conversation is that he asks Lamar about Chop, but he is with Franklin all the time??

Thank you bro. 

This has been stated countless times on this forum by me and others, but some people on here still seem to insist on saying Franklin wanted to leave the gang life, or that he's no longer a gang member, which is not exactly true - as you have further demonstrated. 

Then why is Franklin so stoked to have his new house in the hills?

What's your point ? Sorry, but that proves nothing.

Every gangbanger would want a luxury home in the hills. That's the kind of wealth and social status they aspire to reach in their own criminal gangsta ways. Franklin just got around to the idea that gangbangin' alone would not get him rich.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

Every gangbanger would want a luxury home in the hills. That's the kind of wealth and social status they aspire to reach in their own criminal gangsta ways. Franklin just got around to the idea that gangbangin' alone would not get him rich.

Yes, it does. You agreed with the guy who said: ""if I could make paper in the hood I would be still there" so he definitely didn't want to leave south central because he hated to live there, his surrounding or gangs."

He either wants to live in the hood or the hills, you can't have it both ways.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

No for sure not.

When he says this he already lives in his new appartement. This conversation will never happen before.

Oh, he asks about Chop in a hang out conversation too.  I forgot he asks about him in the story.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by Official General, 01 February 2014 - 10:59 PM.

Yes, it does. You agreed with the guy who said: ""if I could make paper in the hood I would be still there" so he definitely didn't want to leave south central because he hated to live there, his surrounding or gangs."

He either wants to live in the hood or the hills, you can't have it both ways.

You're not getting what I meant.

Franklin would not have had no issues with being a gangbanger if it made him lots of money.

Of course it can be had both ways,  Someone can be a gangbanger and live in a wealthy area, that stuff happens all the damn time in real life. There is this big misconception that gang leaders always stay in the hood, but they don't all stay in the hood forever. They build up their gang and business empire and they live out in suburbs, with their lieutenants overseeing and running operations under their orders. 

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

@IamNada: I think you read my post wrong ...

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:29 PM Edited by I Am NADA, 01 February 2014 - 11:30 PM.

You're not getting what I meant.

Franklin would not have had no issues with being a gangbanger if it made him lots of money.

Of course it can be had both ways,  Someone can be a gangbanger and live in a wealthy area, that stuff happens all the damn time in real life. There is this big misconception that gang leaders always stay in the hood, but they don't all stay in the hood forever. They build up their gang and business empire and they live out in suburbs, with their lieutenants overseeing and running operations under their orders. 

Then they aren't "gangbangers" anymore, they're career criminals. From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary website: "the argument that the DEA needs to focus more on the kingpins of the drug trade and less on the gangbangers in the street". See the difference?

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:31 PM Edited by Charles Phipps, 01 February 2014 - 11:32 PM.

Thank you bro. 

Actually, you flat out stated he does want to leave the gang life and have given no in-game statements to the contrary. You've stated Franklin would be in a gang if they weren't small time and he made no money but those are still legitimate reasons to want out of the gang life.

Especially when you're a criminal.

If Franklin thinks the gang life is for losers because they make no money, he still thinks they're losers.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:37 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 01 February 2014 - 11:38 PM.

Franklin says he is sick of gang banging, he's sick of the OG's, he's sick of Lamar still acting the same way when they agreed Forum Gangsters should be different.

Then, once he makes his money and gets his home, he has no more affiliation with Families.  He even distances himself from Lamar.

The dude wanted out.  The dude got out.  By the end of the game, he's only loyal to Lamar and not the gang.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by Official General, 02 February 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Thank you bro. 

Actually, you flat out stated he does want to leave the gang life and have given no in-game statements to the contrary. You've stated Franklin would be in a gang if they weren't small time and he made no money but those are still legitimate reasons to want out of the gang life.

Especially when you're a criminal.

If Franklin thinks the gang life is for losers because they make no money, he still thinks they're losers.
@ Charles Phipps

I don't know why you are telling me this. You disagreeing a point with me that I never disagreed with in the first place. And it's not about being a loser either, its about where the grass is greener. I've explained that already. If you still don't agree then fine, but lets not go in circles.

@ I am Nada

Once again, you are just repeating my point. That was what I meant - if Franklin was making big money with the gangs, he'd still be a gang member, but probably naturally progress to being a leader, boss or kingpin within his profession. A gang member is a career criminal, that's their established, everyday lifestyle, and it's how they earn their money to make a living. I'm not sure what you are getting by highlighting a difference between the two that don't really exist. The Mafia and other top crime mobs in America started off as street gangs. It would have been no different with Franklin had he made it big with gang culture (like dominating the local drug trade and becoming rich off it).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users