Why are kids allowed to play this game?

182 replies to this topic
8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

I am rank 125 and I ask them their gamertag...then I highlight them and kill them till they leave my room.

your room? why you inviting kids to play in a private session when you clearly don't want them there? because i see where you have no right to claim an open lobby as "your room". owning a bunch of little kids at your rank is quite mature of you also. your as bad as they can be IMO.  :lol:

and as for you Buck, is it feeding time again? your the hungriest troll i've ever seen.  :lol:

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

I just hate how that demographic seems to be in control of which races get verified. 

Jump, jump, jump, jump and kill yourselves, please.

Docfrost
  • Docfrost

Shichibukai

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

Dunno about you but I was definitely playing GTA before I hit the age where I was supposed to. I'm a better person for it I believe, have yet to pay a single prostitute for her services.

• Malibu454 likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Usually they shut up if you yell it to them with a authoritative voice.

Ya mean something along these lines?

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Just a question - how old were were all of you when you started playing games and how old were you when you were introduced to GTA? Not trying to make a statement, just generally interested in when you started.

I can't stand squeakers either or, indeed, most people online so I usually have 'friends only' settings on.

Well, considering I'm 35 now, I was certainly 18+ when I started playing GTA. I started gaming at about 8 or 9 with the original NES (Nintendo). But it certainly didn't have games like GTA.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by CReaper210, 05 February 2014 - 12:49 AM.

There is either one hell of a lot of kids playing, or one hell of a lot of adults with a lot of growing up to do!
Same goes for this forum really too

This is how I feel with all of gaming in general. Especially when it comes to people like in the OP.

I find that there are FAR more adults that act annoying, childish, and downright ignorant than most of the children I find in online games.

Kids aren't too bad. Apart from their annoyingly high voice, the majority of them aren't even bad. Surely not as bad as some of these "adults" are.

As for the M rating, well, that is a recommendation, not a requirement.

It is recommended to supervise a child while playing, for said depictions of violence or whatever that it lists in the rating.

I find that it's mostly pointless. Video games really don't have a negative effect on a child unless he is mentally deficient in some way to begin with.

Though I think supervision is necessary, not because of the game rating, but just to keep a kid from getting addicted to a game.

You know, making him go outside for a while instead of staring at a TV.

• medodido likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

I am rank 125 and I ask them their gamertag...then I highlight them and kill them till they leave my room.

your room? why you inviting kids to play in a private session when you clearly don't want them there? because i see where you have no right to claim an open lobby as "your room". owning a bunch of little kids at your rank is quite mature of you also. your as bad as they can be IMO.  :lol:

I claim every open lobby as my room...and invite people to challenge me.

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Just a question - how old were were all of you when you started playing games and how old were you when you were introduced to GTA? Not trying to make a statement, just generally interested in when you started.

I started playing video games when I was three years old. I remember my first game was GoldenEye on Nintendo 64 with Super Mario shortly after. I was introduced to GTA when I was either eight or ten years old, I believe. I remember that GTA III was the first one I played and my parents sat with me to make sure I understood what was going on was virtual. I specifically remember after every session of playing, my parents would sit me down and ask me what I did in the game and whether or not it was the right or wrong thing to do. Lmao, I remember telling them that basically everything I did in the game was wrong and I stopped playing it until Vice City was released.  :lol:

To this day, I still thank my parents for not only trusting that they raised a mature enough child to introduce a game like that to, but using it as a developmental and learning tool that shaped me into the upstanding citizen I am today. It taught me early on the workings of right versus wrong and I sometimes wonder what mindset I'd have without learning all of that so young.

True, my parents did not follow the ESRB as it's recommended, but they raised me the correct way entirely; especially having taken the time to sit me down and talk with me about my experiences with the game and whether or not my actions in the virtual world were socially acceptable.

• Malibu454 and edgar12 like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

I started playing video games when I was three years old. I remember my first game was GoldenEye on Nintendo 64.

Haha i remember shooting the guy on the toilet (and sometimes using the big head cheat) then running down to open the door with the keypad and then going into the chemical room :D

For this question: Probably 5-6, not sure about GTA..

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

The same reason they are allowed to post here in the forums and tattle-tail on someone because "they don't like what they say"...:'''(

The general populace of adults are a bunch of immature, push-overs.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:09 AM Edited by Varios Los Aztecas, 05 February 2014 - 12:09 AM.

I can't stand squeakers either or, indeed, most people online so I usually have 'friends only' settings on.

Got the original in 97, would have been 12, played the sh*t out of and loved every one since.

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

I started playing video games when I was three years old. I remember my first game was GoldenEye on Nintendo 64.

Haha i remember shooting the guy on the toilet (and sometimes using the big head cheat) then running down to open the door with the keypad and then going into the chemical room :D

For this question: Probably 5-6, not sure about GTA..

Yes! Lmao, memories of my childhood come flooding back. I remember running upstairs after a day at school and grinding on the game until I unlocked the Aztec and Egyptian missions.  :lol:

I think I'll give GTA a rest tomorrow and indulge in some GoldenEye after work. Just gotta dust off the 'ole N64. Praise the Lord it still works after 17 years.

Purple_Eclipse
  • Purple_Eclipse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

This topic should have been dead already.

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by L5B4LIF3, 05 February 2014 - 12:45 AM.

the people who make these threads will also have probably been playing a game similar or like this when they were a kid so you just being hypocritical of yourself.

• medodido likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:33 AM Edited by Sky_Light12, 06 February 2014 - 10:40 AM.

Troll these kids until they cried bloodytears . if i got a headphones , i would shout '' Go to hell , Kid ! you're too young to play and not reached puberty '' . kids need mental help so they only need play dolls/action figure

i don't likes someone controlling in airs too ( especially for kids . but i'm remain neutral on unarmed helicopter , unless provoked / kids piloted it )

Racists & hipsters is also my prey . a some guys uploaded on youtube , gta online racist player caught on their recorder

because kids has annoying things / cooler things wanted , they might inspire actions from GTAs thus leading another controversies . so that's why i troll kids until their's crying sound is heard / ragequit 

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

Jeez, there's some stupid people on here.

Yeah, certain kids on GTA can be annoying but all you have to do is mute them. Let's not kid ourselves here as most of the people moaning about them have probably watched an 18 rated film before they were 18 or even drank alcohol before they were supposed to. 

Don't get me wrong, these squeakers can be annoying but some people just across as hypocrites with all the moaning they do

• medodido likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

did you never played a gta games when you where under the age of 17?

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Lol.. I was 21 when the first one came out..

Jebus, I feel ancient....

:sui:

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Online is the only issue

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Racists & hipsters is also my prey . a some guys uploaded on youtube , gta online racist player caught on their recorder

:^:

Likewise... Anyone with 88 in their username I usually end up hunting down..

(And just hope that that's not their birth year... :whistle:  )

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

If your balls have not dropped then I drop you.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Well, considering I'm 35 now, I was certainly 18+ when I started playing GTA. I started gaming at about 8 or 9 with the original NES (Nintendo). But it certainly didn't have games like GTA.

You. I've seen you before. UC3 or TLOU?

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

sHl6W22261.jpg

playing-games-with-the-kids-funny-pictur

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:30 AM Edited by bikerman3, 07 February 2014 - 01:30 AM.

so maybe there are a few people who where of age wean the first one came out but i bet you most were not 

vanchovega
  • vanchovega

head cheerleader, homecoming queen, part-time model

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

because of yolo$wag i got a chradder i'm better than you and i'm 12 years old plus billionaire. daddy's are dumb, there's an age restriction, simple as that. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

so maybe there are a few people who where of age wean the first one came out but i bet you most were not 

I can't remember what the age requirement was for the original GTA. But I certainly spent many hours playing.

Recently came across it in a second hand store for $1 (got it - of course - PC version).

It wasn't really as graphic/involved as GTA3 and higher were though.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

To be honest, if I was a parent I'd only really have a problem with them playing it if they were younger than 14. As a player I've played with kids (god, I hope that sentence doesn't get quoted out if context!) around 14 on GTA:O and most have been ok - just a bit naive. I'm 30. I think it's easier for older players to put up with the younger ones - I imagine if I was 18 I'd find them allot more annoying. Having said that - the shrill voices have essentially set my chat setting to permanently mute.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

To be honest, if I was a parent I'd only really have a problem with them playing it if they were younger than 14. As a player I've played with kids (god, I hope that sentence doesn't get quoted out if context!) around 14 on GTA:O and most have been ok - just a bit naive. I'm 30. I think it's easier for older players to put up with the younger ones - I imagine if I was 18 I'd find them allot more annoying. Having said that - the shrill voices have essentially set my chat setting to permanently mute.

Yeah and it depends on their maturity as well. My only annoyance is when parents let their 12-15 year olds on that vomit abuse (which they clealy could not back up) in to mics etc.

Sometimes you hear these kids squeeking in the mic about 'we should do this' or 'come here check this out' blah blah blah. But when they're squeeking "f**k you B**ch, I gonna smack you up" and "I get more pussy than you n***a" - the Xbox gets switched off for week - need to learn some respect.

BuckScrotum
  • BuckScrotum

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Oh boo freaking who cry me a GAWD DAMN RIVER. It's your fault for being a bad parent. If you really cared about your child's future you would focus on more intellectual device and high brow forms of entertainment than a brainwashing videographer system designed for the ignorant masses. Jesus Christ I've been playin games since Atari look what happened to me after years of smokin weed drinking and takin ecstasy a graves yes some of you don't like them but don't knock them until you have had sex with 2 raver teens in a porta potty and gotten wild after In your hotel but it doesn't matter for me because this is how I like to live.

But yeah, grow up and be a better parent. Pay attention to your maggots instead of sticking them in front of the tv while you drink your bourbon and Xanax.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users