Photo

Why are kids allowed to play this game?

182 replies to this topic
snooki
  • snooki

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

I really don't understand it. If you don't want to here me rant then please leave, if you want to leave your input please do. I'm braking it into paragraphs so you can kinda stay interested.

I was in a game sitting in my car messaging my friend and all of a sudden I get killed, I let it go and said f*ck it. Then the kid comes back and blows up my car.

So I put a small bounty on him and get the mercenaries on him, finally I'm able to catch up to him and spawn kill the hell out of him till he leaves.

I send him a message telling him to run and not mess with me again. He sends back a message saying I'm a *enter a bunch of explicit words* so I respond go eat your lunch ables you 12 year old.

He sends me a message saying he is 15 and I'm uneducated so I tell him he is to young to play this game and to explain how I'm uneducated.

He sends back a long message so I'll just summarize it. He says f me that's why, he's blocking me because I'm a waste of life and I should go did in a hole because I'm a sack of sh*t and give my cancer diseased mom a lick in the vag for him.

Just felt like sharing my story of a little queer that has a temper, anyone else deal with kids like this? If you stuck around this long thank you!

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:21 PM Edited by JonesyRogers, 04 January 2014 - 07:21 PM.

I know man, it's absolutely, without question, infuriating how these parents let their kids play this game. Literally, it makes me physically ill. 

Seriously, the game is polluted with little kids, and the parents are (I don't care what anyone says) to blame 110%.

I've been on Xbox Live since '06, and over that time period, I don't think I've ever seen so many little kids playing this game like I have now

• FirstLadyofGTA, Dementious, HBSanta and 3 others like this

JustinFudge
  • JustinFudge

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Bye have a great tine!

That is what I say to him
  • DirtyT, Jolly Swagman, killa_b and 1 other like this

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

"I'm a waste of life and I should go did in a hole because I'm a sack of sh*t and give my cancer diseased mom a lick in the vag for him"

Wow,absolutely wtf.. I've had a few pissed off kids,but nothing,not even close to what you have just stated,that is straight out raw..
  • SP1D3R-ZA likes this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

Some kids are more mature than adults while some adults are immature as f*ck. They are rare encounters, sadly.

• SCS_Skreamies, Viper9502 and medodido like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

It's not so much the kids who play this.  It's more of their maturity level.  If they are immature, then they think that gta is cod so they run around killing everyone they see.

• ShinobiFixer, Viper9502, L33TxFuSIoN and 2 others like this

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:29 PM Edited by elless777, 06 January 2014 - 08:05 PM.

Here's my take on this...kids will be kids. It's that simple. Give them a game like this and they will do what kids do.

The problem is their pathetic no brain parents who allow them to have this game in the first place.

All of us were kids once and I am sure we would all behave in a similar manner if we had, had this sort of game instead of pacman to play when we were kids.

Turn off local chat, it's pointless. Youi'll only wind yourself up. Spawnkill the sh*t out of the them, get evidence on them and send to R* for w/e good that will do

and hopefully they will be banned.

But the problem isn't the kids. Hate their game play as I do, it's their Jeremy Kyle single parent, council flat grabbing parents that are at fault.

My 2 cents.

• Dementious, Viper9502, Pete4000uk and 2 others like this

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

its a game for adults. granted those adults act like little kids.

but people drink alcohol, smoke tobacco/weed and talk about dirty things that would make ww2 sailors blush.

why would you buy this game for your kids? its basically a virtual bar scene.

although i laugh my ass off when 1 out of 1000 parents slaps their kid upside the head for their choice of language and then the kid begs to keep his playstation.

• Ss4gogeta0 and Viper9502 like this

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Maybe it should depend on how mature they are, if they're immature brats, then they shouldn't be playing, but if they're mature and are polite and stuff then maybe they could

• ShinobiFixer, Dementious, vanRooney30 and 1 other like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

You failed when you took the kid seriously, then he started walking all over you. If you start treating them as equals, that's when they get confused about their position in society and how they should talk to adults.

I never engage in chatting or messaging kids, it's either ignore or mute them. I don't really even like talking to teenagers that much either.

It saves you the headache.
  • meatrocket8, PkUnzipper, TheHutch82 and 4 others like this

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yeah you get stuff thrown at you but it's not just from kids, too many gangbanger wannabes. The three second window when they say something to you is what riles me up. I just wish I was there to see them in person. This keyboard warrior mentality, saying some crap and not caring about the consequences.

• Dementious, We Are Ninja, gear999 and 1 other like this

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

You failed when you took the kid seriously, then he started walking all over you. If you start treating them as equals, that's when they get confused about their position in society and how they should talk to adults.

I never engage in chatting or messaging kids, it's either ignore or mute them. I don't really even like talking to teenagers that much either.

It saves you the headache.

Exactly

Seriously, don't even bother talking to those little rats. I only talk to my friends 

It's gotten so bad for me that I've literally changed my voice chat preferences to "friends only" now so I don't have to hear any more idiots babbling on about how you car bombed their Adder or whatever

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Too many gangbanger wannabes.

06d.jpg

Absolutely hate kids like that. Always using the n-word then thinking they become a gangster thug.

• Magick, Dementious, Viper9502 and 1 other like this

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

It wouldn't be so bad, if those kids would be just the usual teenage rebel type kids.

But a lot of these kids don't even seem to be teenagers at all.

And they play this R rated video game in which one of the main protagonists is frequently caught masturbating, a bunch of old people run around with clearly exposed genitals and you can get topless lap dances. Man I bet the same parents who buy this game for their kids also don't mind having sex in front of them.

• L0st-D4md, We Are Ninja and Viper9502 like this

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

06d.jpg

Absolutely hate kids like that. Always using the n-word then thinking they become a gangster thug.

haha, that wasn't a kid last night. It was a bloke from Liverpool. Considering friending him and hoping he adds me randomly so I get the chance to be in a server with him again.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

06d.jpg

haha, that wasn't a kid last night. It was a bloke from Liverpool. Considering friending him and hoping he adds me randomly so I get the chance to be in a server with him again.

You can just avoid him with the player review thing. That's on Xbox though, don't know how it works on the PS3.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 04 January 2014 - 07:47 PM.

I have a 15-year-old on my friends list who acts more mature than some people in their 20s that I've met on this game. The 'kids' that I have an issue with playing this game are the ones who are 10 and whose parents for whatever f*cking reason actually let them on a microphone. 

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

The only ChrilLe you know and need!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by ChrilLe, 04 January 2014 - 08:49 PM.

I absolutely love to piss off the kiddos, always a great laugh for the whole gang! 

• meatrocket8 and Lagful like this

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

LoL! some of you foos take this game WAY to serious why even message the kid for fu*ks sakes, personally I don't even play with a mic on or respond to messages.
  • Viper9502 and JoeMamma like this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Everyone is a hypocrite including me

/thread

• SFBryan18 likes this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

LoL! some of you foos take this game WAY to serious why even message the kid for fu*ks sakes, personally I don't even play with a mic on or respond to messages.

Once had this kid call me a p*ss over a text message because I refused his stupid 1v1 deathmatch. It was after I took down his Buzzard with my assault rifle.

• vanRooney30 likes this

L33TxFuSIoN
  • L33TxFuSIoN

Sweggy Sweg Holder

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

I'll be honest, I didn't want to "hear you rant" but that's pretty lucky since I wanted to read it. As for your question, I don't believe they shouldn't be playing it. When something bad happens involving a child that plays GTA, Authorities blame the game. However, I've played this game since such a young age (7 to be exact) and I've never once went out, Killed a hooker, Stole a car and went on a police rampage or even thought about it for example. Although, I wasn't one of these little kids that send messages saying "fk u fgt im the best at gta and ur jst a pssy and i had sex wif ur mum. i knw that sex is whn i put my mouth on her mouth bcos im mture nd ur a fgt".

• Dementious, gear999 and medodido like this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

I'll be honest, I didn't want to "hear you rant" but that's pretty lucky since I wanted to read it. As for your question, I don't believe they shouldn't be playing it. When something bad happens involving a child that plays GTA, Authorities blame the game. However, I've played this game since such a young age (7 to be exact) and I've never once went out, Killed a hooker, Stole a car and went on a police rampage or even thought about it for example. Although, I wasn't one of these little kids that send messages saying "fk u fgt im the best at gta and ur jst a pssy and i had sex wif ur mum. i knw that sex is whn i put my mouth on her mouth bcos im mture nd ur a fgt".

Same here man, same here.

• Dementious and L33TxFuSIoN like this

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Parenting these days is tragic. Horrible parents everywhere. No kids should be allowed to play this game. End of story.
  • Khartman likes this

Funkjunky
  • Funkjunky

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

I don't think it's really the age that matters, its the maturity. My parents had talks with me about reality vs fiction and such all the time. They made sure that I knew what happens in a movie/game doesn't happen in real life. They also instilled in me to not use vulgar language or else I'd have punishments. When I hear 12,13,14, etc. year olds say vulgar stuff or blame a game for a child's behavior it disgusts me and shows that parenting doesn't exist anymore. I've been playing GTA since I was 12, and I've never acted like any of these kids on GTA or COD. 

• Magick, ShinobiFixer, Dementious and 4 others like this

L33TxFuSIoN
  • L33TxFuSIoN

Sweggy Sweg Holder

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Parenting these days is tragic. Horrible parents everywhere. No kids should be allowed to play this game. End of story.

The way I see it is, If a kid wants a game, They'll get the game. I played it because no other game is as fun as GTA, Forza, COD and all the others are nothing on GTA. There is a lot more freedom in gta to explore. I now know C Language and GTA is responsible for that. If  it wasn't for modifications then I wouldn't have taken to the code. I'm no more than 15 and I have met some pretty immature adults. No point in ranting because of children considering the majority of 'us' are more mature than 50% of adults.

• medodido likes this

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

I don't think it's really the age that matters, its the maturity. My parents had talks with me about reality vs fiction and such all the time. They made sure that I knew what happens in a movie/game doesn't happen in real life. They also instilled in me to not use vulgar language or else I'd have punishments. When I hear 12,13,14, etc. year olds say vulgar stuff or blame a game for a child's behavior it disgusts me and shows that parenting doesn't exist anymore. I've been playing GTA since I was 12, and I've never acted like any of these kids on GTA or COD. 

The game has graphic examples of murder, language, drug use, racial slurs, homophobic slurs, rape, and more. It's not appropriate for children. No matter how you attempt to justify it.
  • JonesyRogers, Timely and HonestOG556 like this

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:28 PM Edited by Flyby29, 04 January 2014 - 09:30 PM.

Op you are very ignorant if you don't think kids should play this game than move someplace where all aspects of your life are controlled by the government than maybe you will realize how lucky you are to live in a somewhat free society

It's their choice not yours don't like it than don't play it
  • L33TxFuSIoN and medodido like this

L33TxFuSIoN
  • L33TxFuSIoN

Sweggy Sweg Holder

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

The game has graphic examples of murder, language, drug use, racial slurs, homophobic slurs, rape, and more. It's not appropriate for children. No matter how you attempt to justify it.

Yeah I constantly think about going out and committing genocide and then stealing a helicopter with rockets and firing at random people. Why not? Lol, People are stupid if they think a game influences someone's behaviour. If someone looks at a game and then attempts to copy it then they have psychological problems and will most likely have the same problem when they're the legal age. 

• Viper9502 likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:12 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 04 January 2014 - 10:26 PM.

For a 1st world country, the US has the unique distinction of being the country with the greatest number of convicts per capita.

Our prisons are filled with some frighteningly stupid people.

edit:

"......If someone looks at a game and then attempts to copy it then they have psychological problems and will most likely have the same problem when they're the legal age...."

Newsflash: They already are. Some of them are right here in the GTA fan base. i.e  tween to teen kiddie hacker copy cats and legal aged adults who are emotionally retarded man children.  Also looks like one of these man-children have already found a way to bypass whatever fixes R* put in place after Christmas:

http://support.rocks...-it-a-bypasser-

More drama from the #yoloswag kiddie hackers throwing temper tantrums over at RGSC:

http://support.rocks...o-Online?page=2

Finally:

There's an entire industry built around this irl btw.  It's called software piracy.  And it's a global concern to the software industry.

The people who work in it are called software hackers. They cost companies like R*, M$ and Sony hundreds of millions in real currency each year.

The legal term to describe their job is called cyber crime.  Which is a federal crime punishable by many years of hard time.

like here:  http://www.geek.com/...piracy-1558679/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users