» «
Photo

Only 69 Missions You Say?

141 replies to this topic
Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by Acetaminophen, 05 January 2014 - 03:47 AM.

Bowling was fun to a certain degree, you were fighting against an oponent and you had to calculate it right. But most of the time you would go winning because of the AI's poor efforts at it.

It became boring due to the simple fact you would bothered every 5 in-game minutes by your favourite cousin to go do that specific activity, only that specific activity you have to do.

Sorry but one up for Yoga is the fact that Amanda doesn't hassle you every five minutes to do it. It's just there and it's pewtty optional.

When people always talk about how Roman called to go bowling all the time I always try to think about it and ive come to the conclusion its been blown way way way out of proportion Roman really doesn't call that often for bowling not sure why thats what stuck.

edit: What SonOfLiberty said heh...

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

Bowling was fun to a certain degree, you were fighting against an oponent and you had to calculate it right. But most of the time you would go winning because of the AI's poor efforts at it.

It became boring due to the simple fact you would bothered every 5 in-game minutes by your favourite cousin to go do that specific activity, only that specific activity you have to do.

Sorry but one up for Yoga is the fact that Amanda doesn't hassle you every five minutes to do it. It's just there and it's pewtty optional.

every 5  minutes? why do people always exaggerate!!!  i beat IV a few weeks back and i counted the calls i was called 6 times Throughout the game and you Can turn your phone off or just hang up without even Answering.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:50 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 05 January 2014 - 03:51 AM.

every 5  minutes? why do people always exaggerate!!! [/size] i beat IV a few weeks back and i counted the calls i was called 6 times Througho

ut the game and you Can turn your phone off or just hang up without even Answering.
But the problem is, every time you hang up it decreases the respect Roman has for you, which is frustrating if you're planning to get his free taxis or the achievement. Atleast in V if you didn't do Yoga it wouldn't decrease your stamina.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

every 5  minutes? why do people always exaggerate!!! [/size] i beat IV a few weeks back and i counted the calls i was called 6 times Througho

ut the game and you Can turn your phone off or just hang up without even Answering.
But the problem is, every time you hang up it decreases the respect Roman has for you, which is frustrating if you're planning to get his free taxis or the achievement. Atleast in V if you didn't do Yoga it wouldn't decrease your stamina.

Then just say you will hang out with them, Then call them back and say sorry I cant hangout. They understand and your friendship doesn't decrease. 

• fac316 likes this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:55 AM Edited by 2281, 05 January 2014 - 03:55 AM.

Then just say you will hang out with them, Then call them back and say sorry I cant hangout. They understand and your friendship doesn't decrease. 

Apparently that is a tedious process for some people.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

Apparently that is a tedious process for some people.

it takes literally 5 seconds and we have come to the conclusion that the amount people call you is greatly exaggerated 

• 2281 likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

I don't see how it's a problem when all you have to do is cancel said activity? and honestly even if you don't hang with Roman or anyone else for that matter like/respect only decreases slowly over a long period of time.

To me it's always been made out to be far worse than it is. Roman doesn't call every 5 in game minutes to go bowling like it's clock work. People know it's bullsh*t, but persist with it anyway.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

I may have exaggerated about the 5 minutes thing. But remember that we're talking about the GTA world here, so 5 Minutes here equal 5 hours to them.

Not everybody knew you could just cancel on him and the friendship would go down plus for some people it's easier to hang up rather than to pick it up, hear the conversation and then call them back.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

I may have exaggerated about the 5 minutes thing. But remember that we're talking about the GTA world here, so 5 Minutes here equal 5 hours to them.

Not everybody knew you could just cancel on him and the friendship would go down plus for some people it's easier to hang up rather than to pick it up, hear the conversation and then call them back.

Yeah, but I can play GTA IV for a good couple of hours (real time) and may only get 1 phone call in that amount of time. It doesn't occur anywhere near as frequently as the internet population says.

I have the game on 360 and PS3 and can vouch it's true for both versions. Yes they call, but not as rapidly as it's made out to be.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

I don't see how it's a problem when all you have to do is cancel said activity? and honestly even if you don't hang with Roman or anyone else for that matter like/respect only decreases slowly over a long period of time.

To me it's always been made out to be far worse than it is. Roman doesn't call every 5 in game minutes to go bowling like it's clock work. People know it's bullsh*t, but persist with it anyway.
Honestly, I thought that feature was only available in TBoGT.

diesel47
  • diesel47

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:46 AM Edited by diesel47, 05 January 2014 - 06:47 AM.

@Gtarules:95

The story ins't weak, it's the people who dind't understand it who are weak.

And the game weights around 18 GB, Vice City weights about 500mb.

So in all honesty the 5 years were well deserved.

Maybe because Vice City came out over a decade ago? It's over 1.5 GB anyway, I don't know where you got 500 MB. You can't compare file sizes for a game that came out over 11 years ago to a game that came out last year.

The story is weak, there are clear signs that they rushed it, lots of it makes no sense, the characters are weak too, they're easily forgettable, maybe many can't understand the story because the story itself doesn't make any sense. Don't say I found the story bad because I didn't understand it, I understood it fine, it was the story that didn't understand itself, but opinions aren't allowed here, I either have to praise the game, or leave.

Why does buying three masks count as a full "action-packed" mission? Michael Bay himself must have jumped from his chair from all that action, just like how parking a car, or taking a car, counted as a full mission, it's just a cheap way to increase the mission number. Maybe we would have gotten something half-decent if they spent all of the development time on single player...

Oh, I've seen you around here, you praise GTA V like it's the best game ever, and aggressively yell at those who even give the slightest bit of criticism, but apparently it's perfectly fine for you to rant on about how bad GTA IV is. So I'm expecting some angry response from you, because I criticised your "perfect" game.

Agreed.

On my first save I couldn't believe placing a getaway vehicle in a secluded location was counted as a full mission. As you say it's a cheap way of increasing the mission count.

Don't get me wrong GTA V has a lot of great and fun missions, but I would still rather have a length similar to GTA IV's. What I loved about GTA IV is at no point did I feel like the story was going too quick.

The problem with GTA V for me is it's too inconsisent. Some missions last a good 30 minutes and others such as these heist prep tasks only last a minute of so. GTA IV had a good progression I thought without jumping back and forth between lenghty action packed missions and brief, minor ones too often.

R* could've had as many missions as GTA IV and still retained variety aswell.

RDR and GTA 5 have about the same number of missions, but GTA 5 gets hate while RDR gets praise.

Could that have to do with the fact that RDR's story was well developed, great, made perfect sense, was fun to follow as it happened, whereas GTA V's storyline is inconsistent, boring, makes no sense and doesn't allow for any character development? GTA V has a bunch of random missions that are not even remotely connected and you just jump from one place to another, one character to another, one setting to another, with no real explanation or transition in between. 

Comparing RDR's story development to GTA V's is like comparing graphics of GTA 2 and GTA IV. 

• Miamivicecity and matajuegos01 like this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

its funny how people bring up old games and the amount of missions they had. 

this is fuc.king gta 5  people... stop being fannies and defending rockstar. there should of been 100 missions at least.. not these strangers and freaks fuc.kery

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

Amen. There is so much variety among missions, only a few of which I have discovered on my second playthrough. My little brother has played through a lot of the game and discovered a lot of what I haven't, too. It is insane. 

I completely agree with you. 

To be completely honest though, this isn't as applicable to heists, though. Like AustinN says above me, they do change very little. 

its funny how people bring up old games and the amount of missions they had. 

this is fuc.king gta 5  people... stop being fannies and defending rockstar. there should of been 100 missions at least.. not these strangers and freaks fuc.kery

What is wrong with the strangers and freaks? Those missions were tonnes of fun... why don't you guys like them? They have direction, fun, comedy and are actually fun... side activities in games are usually NEVER fun...

• Bonnano likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:38 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 05 January 2014 - 07:40 AM.

I much prefer bowling to yoga. It's not even in the same ballpark.

I have actually never done it outside the story, because the benefit (filling M's special) can be done by doing anything adrenaline pumping (driving into oncoming traffic, getting shot at etc).

There is no competitive aspect, it's just a QTE game that someone at R* thought we'd love. Pool or QUB3D would have been better imo.

Also, it's complete bullsh*t how people act as though we got friend calls all the time. Maybe it happened to people who reload after every death, but that's because they were reloading and getting the same calls. People who play the game as its intended don't experience this.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

I don't get how you could find yoga more interesting than bowling, yoga is linear, bowling is not. Bowling is much more diverse, and takes more skill, it's more rewarding, and to me, a lot more fun, not to mention GTA IV has AI, unlike GTA V, even in bowling they do a pretty good effort. Yes, I love the "let's go bowling" quote Roman does, but he doesn't call frequently. You know who does contact you frequently? Businesses in GTA V, they message you so often to do the same thing, and unlike GTA IV's which was random, GTA V's is scripted, so if you load your save, you might be greeted with a message from a business, how is that fun? Phones have ruined society in real life, and they're ruining games, I just want to play a game, I don't want to have to deal with repetitive issues all the time.

Oh, and at least the 'Sleep Mode' feature works in GTA IV, so if you don't want to be called by friends, you can turn it on, Rockstar didn't even make it work in GTA V, even with it on, I still get messages from businesses, yes, Sleep Mode is supposed to make your phone act like it's on aeroplane mode, so why do I still get messages? If you think getting occasional calls in GTA IV is annoying, I don't know how you're still coping with GTA V.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

That Special  Someone > Any Mission in V a missions does not need to be action packed to be Fantastic. 

No you've got it all wrong.

Did Somebody Say Yoga? > Any Mission in IV.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

That Special  Someone > Any Mission in V a missions does not need to be action packed to be Fantastic.

Would anyone give a sh*t about that mission if it wasn't for the trip sequence? Going by the way Yoga gets ridiculed here my guess is no.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Agree with what you said word for word about the choice making the game feel fresh, also, GTA V has a much better variety in missions than previous games. It also has to mentioned that GTA V starts with a great memorable mission, unlike previous games. I would take a shorter (but still long, GTA V is much longer than most games nowadays) story mode with unique, memorable and fun missions over a longer story mode which lacks variety and has filler missions.

And this is all coming from someone who absolutely hates short games with a passion (I was disgusted with Metal Gear Solid 4 for example).

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Niko was literally being bossed around by everyone in the game, except Michelle. In the first mission you're forced to drive even if you just got into the city! (That didn't really make sense)

Why doesn't this make sense? It happens with almost every GTA. We're forced to drive or in SA's case ride just moments after entering the city.

As for being bossed around onece again this exists in every GTA to some degree and GTA V is no exception.

The reason this particular instance doesn't make sense is because Niko just got into the city. Roman telling him to drive them to his place in the first mission doesn't make sense because Niko shouldn't know his way around town yet.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

If you count the strangers and freaks missions then the game has heaps of mission! I dont get why people dont count them as missions because each one is a length of a story mission :/ 

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Would anyone give a sh*t about that mission if it wasn't for the trip sequence? Going by the way Yoga gets ridiculed here my guess is no.

IF that trip sequence wasn't there but it's there isn't it? And if the trip sequence wasn't included I would still like it more than IV's boring, repetitive missions. At least V's missions aren't repetitive or boring as hell.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

I don't get how you could find yoga more interesting than bowling, yoga is linear, bowling is not. Bowling is much more diverse, and takes more skill, it's more rewarding, and to me, a lot more fun, not to mention GTA IV has AI, unlike GTA V, even in bowling they do a pretty good effort. Yes, I love the "let's go bowling" quote Roman does, but he doesn't call frequently. You know who does contact you frequently? Businesses in GTA V, they message you so often to do the same thing, and unlike GTA IV's which was random, GTA V's is scripted, so if you load your save, you might be greeted with a message from a business, how is that fun? Phones have ruined society in real life, and they're ruining games, I just want to play a game, I don't want to have to deal with repetitive issues all the time.

Oh, and at least the 'Sleep Mode' feature works in GTA IV, so if you don't want to be called by friends, you can turn it on, Rockstar didn't even make it work in GTA V, even with it on, I still get messages from businesses, yes, Sleep Mode is supposed to make your phone act like it's on aeroplane mode, so why do I still get messages? If you think getting occasional calls in GTA IV is annoying, I don't know how you're still coping with GTA V.

A lot of people have different preferences, personally, I think their both tedious space-fillers.
Honestly while the businesses in V are annoying, they are more entertaining than bowling IMO.
Also, I found that Roman hardly called me in IV, as well as businesses hardly pressuring me in V. They were annoying, but people make out that they were both compulsory tasks that prevented you from having fun.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

I've heard that the more you use your friend's special abilities, the less they'll call you. I think this is true, because I used Roman's cab and Jacob's guns all the time, and they never called me.

Brucie is a clingy bastard, though. He's the only one who bitched at me in an e-mail for not hanging out with him.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Niko was literally being bossed around by everyone in the game, except Michelle. In the first mission you're forced to drive even if you just got into the city! (That didn't really make sense)

Why doesn't this make sense? It happens with almost every GTA. We're forced to drive or in SA's case ride just moments after entering the city.

As for being bossed around onece again this exists in every GTA to some degree and GTA V is no exception.

The reason this particular instance doesn't make sense is because Niko just got into the city. Roman telling him to drive them to his place in the first mission doesn't make sense because Niko shouldn't know his way around town yet.
Roman tells him where to go. It's not like he has to drive there by himself.

I don't see how this is any different to a real life situation where you arrive in a new city (for a holiday or something) and getting a rental car to drive somewhere even if you've never been there before?

Besides GTA IV has gps so I still fail to see why it doesn't make sense.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:58 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 05 January 2014 - 12:58 PM.

It became boring due to0 the simple fact you would bothered every 5 in-game minutes by your favourite cousin to go do that specific activity, only that specific activity you have to do.

You could just ignore those messages, you aren't forced onto doing them. And if you do ignore them, the money from the weekly wages doesn't decrease (I think) unlike the friend feature from IV which punishes you for not hanging out with your virtual cousin.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

There are 83 + Finale, Main Missions!
Frankly, the main missions are least interesting while side stuff keeps the explorers busy for 40 Hours max. Online is where possibilities actually grow.
I have to disagree on the missions having replay value which are just small changes or approach rather any big surprises offered. Heists and Missions closer to finale are the best both in quality and replayability!
It's a letdown than previous games.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

@Bert

Smells like sh*t comming outta your mouth.

I never said Yoga is better than Bowling, I said that the game doesn't force me to do it. I did put sleep mode on but guess what? He f*cking kept calling me asking me if I wanted to spend time with him. And how do you know it's random and not scripted, huh? If he was able to keep calling me in Sleep mode it's because it must of had been scripted, and guess what. It's not that, SLEEP MODE IS FOR THE f*ckING STORY MODE, not random calls.

I bet you haven't played none of the two games. As you randomly go there and you use the same argument against everybody and then you call them conformists for liking something.

I did have my fun with Bowling, but most of the activities in V (INCLUDING CRIMINAL ONES) are done better than it. case closed.

@SonOfLiberty

Bury the Hachet or Ending A/B > That Special someone

• Bonnano likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

@Bert

Smells like sh*t comming outta your mouth.

I never said Yoga is better than Bowling, I said that the game doesn't force me to do it. I did put sleep mode on but guess what? He f*cking kept calling me asking me if I wanted to spend time with him. And how do you know it's random and not scripted, huh? If he was able to keep calling me in Sleep mode it's because it must of had been scripted, and guess what. It's not that, SLEEP MODE IS FOR THE f*ckING STORY MODE, not random calls.

I bet you haven't played none of the two games. As you randomly go there and you use the same argument against everybody and then you call them conformists for liking something.

I did have my fun with Bowling, but most of the activities in V (INCLUDING CRIMINAL ONES) are done better than it. case closed.

@SonOfLiberty

Bury the Hachet or Ending A/B > All missions in IV including Three Leaf Clover

Fixed.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

IF that trip sequence wasn't there but it's there isn't it? And if the trip sequence wasn't included I would still like it more than IV's boring, repetitive missions. At least V's missions aren't repetitive or boring as hell.

Well no sh*t it's there. My question was clearly hypothetical.

Also the last part of your post is purely subjective, not fact. I found the heist prep tasks pretty damn boring and repetitive.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

It became boring due to0 the simple fact you would bothered every 5 in-game minutes by your favourite cousin to go do that specific activity, only that specific activity you have to do.

You could just ignore those messages, you aren't forced onto doing them. And if you do ignore them, the money from the weekly wages doesn't decrease (I think) unlike the friend feature from IV which punishes you for not hanging out with your virtual cousin.

I always ignore them, but it's still annoying. Oh, and please enlighten me on how you think a few GTA V missions are better than every single one in GTA IV...

@Tenxax, okay, you got me, I've never played a Grand Theft Auto game before, I just come here because I'm jealous of those who have.

(Sarcasm).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users