Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are there even any myths in this game right now?

22 replies to this topic
JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

Has anyone found any links to myths? Or perhaps an actual one?

I'm definitely surprised, because as I recall, GTA San Andreas was seeping with myths and legends to explore, whereas I have yet to even find one 

Any myths you'd like to share? 

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

Rumor has it that if you go to The bottom of the Alamo sea while it's foggy at 3:30 in the morning on a Saturday, you'll see a ghost with a green glow around it. If you look at it long enough, you'll spawn 600 feet deep into the sea inside an underwater lab. Down in the very back of the white filled room ridden with computers and lab chairs with labcoats over them is a vault that has steam coming from the wheel where you are supposed to open it, what's inside is unknown as many players claim it to be many things. Whether it's true or not is up to you. You'll have to go there at the appropriate time and see what happens. 

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Ain't No Mark Ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Obviously the jetpack. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

Rumor has it that if you go to The bottom of the Alamo sea while it's foggy at 3:30 in the morning on a Saturday, you'll see a ghost with a green glow around it. If you look at it long enough, you'll spawn 600 feet deep into the sea inside an underwater lab. Down in the very back of the white filled room ridden with computers and lab chairs with labcoats over them is a vault that has steam coming from the wheel where you are supposed to open it, what's inside is unknown as many players claim it to be many things. Whether it's true or not is up to you. You'll have to go there at the appropriate time and see what happens. 

Games like San Andreas, V, and Red Dead would have been perfect for things like this.

• Lelouch vi Britannia and DeafMetal like this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Games like San Andreas, V, and Red Dead would have been perfect for things like this.

The thing is, San Andreas has the most myths out of any game out there. There are new myths being discovered to this day.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

The thing is, San Andreas has the most myths out of any game out there. There are new myths being made up to this day.

Fixed.

OT, the jetpack's a big one. It's not in the game though, don't waste your time.

• ShadowDog94 likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

if you're looking for me you better check underneath the sea because that is where you'll find me. Underneath the sea!
  • Lelouch vi Britannia likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Myths are almost exclusively made up by the community, so no there really aren't any legit ones.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Check out the Mt. Chilliad mural. Or search this forum for the monster thread.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

That is the amazing thing with GTA Games. Rockstar put such detail in the most random and little things that people are bound to start connecting the dots, even when those connections are little more than figments of that person's imagination. Nevertheless the "fan content" that is the result of this is connecting-of-dots is always fun to watch/read. And unlike other game developer Rockstar plays into those mysteries for years and years afterwords, case in point Sasquatch.

• Lelouch vi Britannia and matajuegos01 like this

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

I think its crap and gta has become a pokemon game.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:47 AM Edited by Xerukal, 04 January 2014 - 10:48 AM.

Steam coming from the wheel (Wheel = Valve)? 

Steam? From the wheel?

...Is this Valve's headquarters? 

GTA V for PC confirmed? 

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Myths are myths. They are fanmade.
Bigfoot in SA - a fanmade mod.
UFOs in SA - a fanmade mod.
Ratman in IV - a fanmade mod (the "myth" about Ratman actually began even before IV was released, and due to idiots the rumor stuck).

My point is: "myths" aren't in the game. They're just myths created by the community.

However, GTA V contains a ghosts, bigfoot and ufos. These are not myths as they are can easily be found. They are just easter eggs.
The ghost appears at the top of Mt. Gordo around midnight.
Bigfoot appears in a side mission that unlocks when the player has completed every other side mission.
The ufo appears at several locations when the player has reached 100 %.
Bear in mind: they are easter eggs - NOT myths.

• ten-a-penny likes this

jaxsun86
  • jaxsun86

Kern Err Terk Yer Percture?

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

I think its crap and gta has become a pokemon game.

In what way? I'm not familiar with the pokemon series. But please. Entertain me. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Rumor has it, if you do yoga for 6 hours then proceed to take Chop for a walk around the whole map with a 5 star wanted level and repeat this process 10 times without dying, you win a cookie.
  • visionist likes this

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'm probably talking out of my ass here considering I was 10 when San Andreas was released and innocent to the ways of the internet, but San Andreas myths were all out before the youtube era, easy video-sharing, and social media. My take on how the myths sprung up is how it was so easy to lie about something being there and how hard it was to disprove because you could go somewhere, not see something, and chalk it up to bad luck.

Plus, when there's genuine 'myths' (which makes them not myths, lol I'm wording this bad), they'll be found out pretty quick, especially with how the internet is today. All the UFOs, ghost people, and other Easter Eggs were found and plastered all over this forum, /v/, Reddit, and youtube before Online was even released.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

The thing is that San Andreas (original) myths felt so natural, while the ones of the newer games are rushed and unoriginal, intending them to asimilate to the ones of SA.

I guess San Andreas was the golden age for video game myths and easter eggs that we will never see again...

• matajuegos01 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

GTA V too has some great myths, mysteries or easter eggs. The problem - It's not making sense (unanswered) .. lol

kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

Yes, when you go to Franklin's house as Trevor at EXACTLY 12:22 am, you will hear a loud beeping noise. Then you need to get Trevor to call Micheal and Franklin to hang out, pick them up and bring them to the top of Mount Chilliad by 3:00 am and get outta your car, call Lester, then call Jimmy and hang up on him. Out of NOWHERE a alien ship spawns, then you will be sucked in and you will get the Jetpack and Realistic Steak!

grasseyeball
  • grasseyeball

Man of Business

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

if you're looking for me you better check underneath the sea because that is where you'll find me. Underneath the sea!

Sea....lab!

But anyways, the jetpack of course. The whole chiliad mural in general.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

We'll make diamonds from their asses.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 05 January 2014 - 03:53 AM.

True Story!! Once i wanted to meet up with Trevor and Michael as Franklin,so i went to Michaels home as Franklin, went to the swimming pool and heard someone say,"You"re too handsome to be Mr. De Santa." I pressed pause and looked at Brief-->Dialogue and it showed this weird picture.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

I'm probably talking out of my ass here considering I was 10 when San Andreas was released and innocent to the ways of the internet, but San Andreas myths were all out before the youtube era, easy video-sharing, and social media. My take on how the myths sprung up is how it was so easy to lie about something being there and how hard it was to disprove because you could go somewhere, not see something, and chalk it up to bad luck.

Plus, when there's genuine 'myths' (which makes them not myths, lol I'm wording this bad), they'll be found out pretty quick, especially with how the internet is today. All the UFOs, ghost people, and other Easter Eggs were found and plastered all over this forum, /v/, Reddit, and youtube before Online was even released.

Yeah. The internet is more expansive now that it was 10 years ago. Everything there is to know about the game is pretty much out there. 

I love how the OP words this stupid question. "HOW COME THERE AREN'T EVEN ANY MYTHS IN THIS GAME?! WHERE ARE THE MYTHS?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Health+of+the+baby+crying+analyzer.jpg

Boo f*cking hoo. Not enough motherf*cking myths for your ass? Get rid of these types or shoot me in the head, please. 

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:26 AM Edited by ShadowDog94, 05 January 2014 - 07:27 AM.

Make up your own myth and spread it around. People will believe anything. i.e. Bigfoot, Jetpack and Scientology. 

• Hx1349 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users