Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should lying about being in the military land you in prison?

56 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

Should lying about being in the military land you in prison? I saw a news story about a guy who claimed to be the one who killed Osama when it turns out he never searved a day in the military but he has spent time in prison. So this brings the question do you think lying and profiting from lying to people about military experience land you in prison?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

People who believe a guy who said he killed Osama Bin Laden should be jailed.

• Sting4S, Android and GambleGamble like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

I killed Osama with my own hands. We had a meele fight on the top of the Statue of Liberty while James Brown played Living in the USA and the Blue Angels painted the sky with the 'Murican flag colors, RED, BLUE AND WHITE.

But I can tell you for sure that he wasn't as tough rival as the mosquito, now hidden in the shadows, that is trying to taste me.
  • AceRay, universetwisters, acmilano and 5 others like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

I killed Osama with my own hands. We had a meele fight on the top of the Statue of Liberty while James Brown played Living in the USA and the Blue Angels painted the sky with the 'Murican flag colors, RED, BLUE AND WHITE.

But I can tell you for sure that he wasn't as tough rival as the mosquito, now hidden in the shadows, that is trying to taste me.

Someone imprison this man.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Someone imprison this man.
f*cking commie, you want Satan and the terrorists win. I was told the society would turn the back on me and treat me like this. I'm an hero.
  • skittlez86 likes this

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by ryuclan, 04 January 2014 - 04:04 AM.

Should lying about being in the military land you in prison? I saw a news story about a guy who claimed to be the one who killed Osama when it turns out he never searved a day in the military but he has spent time in prison. So this brings the question do you think lying and profiting from lying to people about military experience land you in prison?

If the lying is for personal gain then yes. Otherwise you're just a sad sad man.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:31 AM Edited by lil weasel, 04 January 2014 - 04:37 AM.

It was but, now:

Supreme Court Strikes Down Stolen Valor: You Can Lie About Military Service

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/supreme-court-strikes-stolen-valor-lie-military-service/story?id=16669096

There is also, 10 USC, Sections 771 and 772

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Come on everyone can we have a topic that does not go down the drain. Let's keep on topic

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

If the lying is for personal gain then yes. Otherwise you're just a sad sad man.

What if I tell a woman I was a Navy SEAL just to sleep with her?

• Black & White likes this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

I don't think it should be a crime that warrants imprisonment, maybe just a fine though.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

I'm a marine

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Nice link, lilweasel, I never knew they shut that down. I always thought it was justified, atleast for those whom claimed to have won medals or been injured. Instead of imprisonment or fines, I wish they'd make those people actually sign up for service and throw them at the front lines to let them try and live their tales. Would make for amusement I think.

But it does have a point, it all falls under Freedom of Speech. Sadly, most the people that lie about their service are using it to take advantage of the people around them or to get in the pants of some lass. I think they all have a sense of belief that all military personnel are some sort of Sam Fisher or something, when active service is quite the opposite, boring as sh*t. If they want to lie, let them.. nothing we can do really but those who've actually put the time in and won their medals through acts of bravery or selflessness have nothing to worry about, they'll always have their moment of glory and paid the price in some cases.

Admiral is a Marine? Explains a lot. :)

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

No. I was just joking about that video. Sorry.

• Tyler likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

That's valid.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Wait a minute, James Brown didn't sing 'Living in the USA', Steve Miller did. I sense that this story might not be true!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Wait a minute, James Brown didn't sing 'Living in the USA', Steve Miller did. I sense that this story might not be true!

He played it for me.

• theadmiral likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

☭death to the bourgeoisie, long live anarchyⒶ

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Then you're a borderline rapist, and likewise a sad, sad man.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Should people that lie about being bin men be put in prison?

Short answer, no.

Long answer, No, of course not, it's just a f*cking job and if people are dumb enough to believe what they say then they want taking back to primary school.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Prison is a harsh punishment for something like that. How will it rehabilitate them? By turning them into a gay?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Prison is a harsh punishment for something like that. How will it rehabilitate them? By turning them into a gay?

You are really obsessed with gay stuff, aren't you?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

He sure is.. he isn't going to last long here. Possibly a PBM, time to find out.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:28 PM Edited by JIMHO, 04 January 2014 - 06:36 PM.

You are really obsessed with gay stuff, aren't you?

Yeah, I am. Is that a problem? I probably wouldn't be if people answered my questions, though. I'm also obsessed with eating cinnamon rolls right now, which could be a problem because you can actually eat too much cinnamon.

He sure is.. he isn't going to last long here. Possibly a PBM, time to find out.

What is a PBN? Physicians Business Network?

Anyway, getting back on topic. A lot of people go to jail who shouldn't and also get out of jail who should. For example, there was an underage Mexican couple in an extremely racist town. They got caught and the boy got put jail for statutory rape. He ended up killing himself in there. Meanwhile, a well-off white boy raped another poor white boy and didn't get in trouble at all. It's important to keep in mind sodomy is illegal there, so gays can't really have sex without getting in trouble. A psychiatrist asked him why he did it and he said, "I was angry so I stuck my dick in his butt."

How gay is it for a boy to rape another boy out of anger?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

It should have (judicial) consequence. For lesser offences give them the choice between Basic Training and a Jail Sentence + Fine and for more severe offences give them the choice between Prison or enlisting for x amount of time. Force them to put their money where their mouth is.

• GunWrath likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

So this brings the question do you think lying and profiting from lying to people about military experience land you in prison?

I believe the "profiting" part is when you start getting into the area of fraud...which could land you in prison.  

Lying about being in the military isn't enough to land you in jail, but it will make you look like a big ass when/if the lie us uncovered. <--naturally, I'm not including impersonation in that statement.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by theadmiral, 04 January 2014 - 08:25 PM.

I think jail sentences for people that lie about military service, if they are single or not, or on their CV would be a great way to run a country. The more people we put in prison the better especially for really trivial things.

I would be concerned about what Jimho said though. When I watched Ross Kemp On Gangs in South Africa, it seemed to be true.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

What? A borderline rapist? That's extreme.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

I don't see how that's an extreme statement, that's literally manipulating a person to have sex with you. This is for an entirely different thread, though.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

I don't see how that's an extreme statement, that's literally manipulating a person to have sex with you. This is for an entirely different thread, though.

It is extreme. Lying about your career (or former career, in this instance) is not comparable to rape. 

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

You want to jail people for lying about their employment history...

• make total destroy likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

It is extreme. Lying about your career (or former career, in this instance) is not comparable to rape. 

How is manipulating someone into sex not comparable to rape? But again, this is for a different thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users