About Kids Playing This Game

294 replies to this topic
EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

I played my first Gta at 10. That was San Andreas. I can understand the R18+ on games like the Last Of Us and Dead Island Riptide, and there's no way I would let anyone younger than 18 play them. Gta, however has always had a different vibe, and apart from the 'Poorly rendered Boobies" and the language I can't see why it's 18+. Hell, even GMOD is more bloodthirsty and scary than V.

Yes, you play bad people. Yes, you kill good people, but nothing on Gta V is too gory or horrible. You're a collection of pixels killing other pixels with pixels. If it weren't for the, say "colourful" language used by people in Gta: O, then I would rate this game MA15+

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

My small Brother is about 5 years and He Plays GTA V Better than GTA Series Videos

He also Play GTA IV and its Episodes when he was 3 years.  Just like me I am 12 years old and

I Play GTA Since i was 3/4 years old :D

Don't Think we are that Type Of Sun of Beaches who Enter (Strip Clubs, Pros service, And that other sh*t)

We don't do That VerY VerY Bad things.

As if your reached 18 you ShOuld not do that sh*t!

Rockstar When will you Have manners and Drop that sh*t!

Well this should answer the question nicely.

• Rocktopper likes this

Sneakyy
  • Sneakyy

eren on the streets titan in the sheets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

I've never had a problem with "Child" players in GTA V. some of them are chill, but most are an exception to find them and shoot them in the throat.

trunkster
  • trunkster

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

13 year olds should be playing outside, dodging paedos, trying to get your hands in girls knickers and wondering why you have started to grow hair "down there".

They shouldn't be sitting in front of a tv trying to cheat in single player and annoying old gits on forums.

• Eddie_INTV and jcph3 like this

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

I know this feeling. I'm 13, but mentally mature enough to play the game, I've played since San Andreas and on GTA Online, I never use my headset because from past experiences, other teen players don't take too kindly to people who don't have a voice fully modified by puberty. I hate that we have child discrimination because there's a handful of 7 year olds who can't play properly.

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Well my kid keeps bugging me to play it and at only 12 years old i say "NO"..

It is rated 18, and some peoples language or PM's i've been sent is not something i want my 12 year old to be apart of yet..

There is plenty of time for grown up sh*t when your old enough for it, i mean i wouldn't let them drink or smoke blunts at 12.. 

So let them Play outside, let them be a child and them keep the innocence for as long as possible.. Childhood is such a short thing, Adulthood last for yonks.

• Lc gta, manicmechanic71 and Eddie_INTV like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Moved to the main Online section.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

I really don't care who plays this game because I always play in invite only session, except rarely to go free roam and rampage.

serpentoflight
  • serpentoflight

If I agreed with you wed both be wrong.

• BUSTED!
  • Commonwealth

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

If I was a child I'd want to play this, it's fun and a lot milder than school yard language - plus the type of undeniable subliminal filth from entertainment aimed at children be it daytime music, any Disney productions etc is truly disgusting and much worse imo bcoz it's made for children - I say let them play gta or cod or whatever else they want to play, 18 ratings are irrelevant.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Kids should not be playing the game; but they do, this is the result of poor parenting..I believe 18+ is completely suitable and appropriate given the content of the game.   I am not very comfortable with anyone under 15 playing, most of the 16 year old's I meet online are barely mature enough as it is; this is just how I feel.

• Cokecan72 likes this

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Demanufacture

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Age != maturity as far as I'm concerned. As long as the kid understands the context, I don't see a problem. Parents who are overly restrictive are just as bad as the ones who act like doormats.

xxRichter
  • xxRichter

IT'S WARIO TIME!

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

It's usually kids with voice changer tryna sound 12 and saying "negro" It doesn't bother me at all though

Let people be retards, they ain't gonna say it if you step infront of their house so why worry?

serpentoflight
  • serpentoflight

If I agreed with you wed both be wrong.

• BUSTED!
  • Commonwealth

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:02 PM Edited by serpentoflight, 16 February 2014 - 10:06 PM.

I understand the point of view of parents who don't want their children playing age restricted games, I disagree with them but I see where they are coming from, in your younger days when you were told not to do something or outright not allowed to, it just appeals all the more in most cases. I don't know the psychological term for it, simple human nature, we're inclined to sin. There has to be limits but what child would turn out worse in the long run and get the.most out of life? , one who is allowed the freedom to make their own mistakes and possibly learn from them or one brought up very strictly who at 16/18/21 can no longer be dictated by parents and begins to experience the real world ironically with no prior experience of it? I don't know the answer, no one does, it's a divisive issue more so nowadays with graphics becoming so realistic compared to when I was 9 or 10 playing the original gta. enjoy gta children & adults alike.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

I really cant see what parents would let their ten year olds play a game were on a mission Franklin is tasked with photographing a chick getting banged in the butt by some dude while she is bent over a table poolside texting.
  • manicmechanic71 and Rocktopper like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

Now someone needs to make a thread about kids posting in this forum and kids running this forum.

• manicmechanic71 and Cokecan72 like this

Samuel Howitzer
  • Samuel Howitzer

Son of Jack Howitzer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

There are cool kids who are mature. Then there are the ones who will rage and scream into their mics.

it all depends on how mature you are

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

My little bro (aged 10) isn't a griefer, since I gave him rules to follow (I posted it here in an early page).

He's like me except he prefers freaking Ubermacht instead of Obey.

Dude even has a Schwartzer. Unbelievable.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

I think there's some very unpleasant content and world views in GTA v, especially in SP and it's a shame kids can't enjoy the childish things that my ancient creaky generation enjoyed and wait until they've outgrown childish things before resigning themselves to the adult world. Childish isn't meant as an insult in this context, just the innocence, simplicity and lack of cares and responsibilities of youth. There's plenty of time for all the crap associated with being an adult and precious little in recompense! Drinking, driving and experiencing adult material (not at the same time lol!) are our commiseration prizes! :-D
  • Cokecan72 likes this

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

People are complaining about children playing these games when there are issues  that so called 'mature' people face. Drink driving (the legal drinking age here is only 18), taking drugs, unprotected sex and teenage pregnancy.

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

I honestly don't have a problem with kids like you, however you are not most the brats in the game, if you were then the world would be a much better place.

Although one problem I have have is dealing with parents of said children, you know the one who blame videos games for their bad parenting? It's quite annoying.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hello guys, I don't really see what's all the child discrimination is about, but I've been heavily insulted for being underaged, and I really think games should not be rated on age, it should be rated on maturity. I am almost 13, but I'm mentally mature enough to play and understand this game. The kids you hear screaming "ni**er" and other popular insults that sound like they are 7 are obviously not mature and should not be playing this game. Hope this topic doesn't get deleted but what do you guys think about kids on this game?

I hate children full stop. I don't want to play 18 rated games with sh*tty children. It's bad enough they exist in the world outside the game but on the game too ??

No, I want to escape from children, I don't need them following me.

f*ck OFF.

That's it really.

SP1D3R-ZA
  • SP1D3R-ZA

It's still real to me...dammit!

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:31 PM Edited by SP1D3R-ZA, 17 February 2014 - 12:33 PM.

Simple: Chat --> Friends + Crew.

Sorted

SKient
  • SKient

Not every multiplayer game is hack-proof....

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hate to say it but theres a player in my crew who is 10 years old,he's more of an average player but annoys us a bit in TDM.Like one time in Govermental,he keeps revealing our location with the "annoying flashlight".Still good yet spoiled kid if you can handle his screaming and childish behaviour...

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by Cokecan72, 17 February 2014 - 01:08 PM.

Simple thing for me, i have my own children that i can talk too, I play this game to escape the childish rantings and behavior of kids.. At least that is what i hoped since it is rated 18.. but i guess that some parents really don't care what is age appropriate for there kids.. 

Most of the time i play with friends anyways so party chat it is, but on those times i'm playing alone it is well annoying hearing those little squeeky (me nuts havn't dropped yet) voices.... Sod off will ya and play Lego batman or something...

• Gasmasks and manicmechanic71 like this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hate to say it but theres a player in my crew who is 10 years old,he's more of an average player but annoys us a bit in TDM.Like one time in Govermental,he keeps revealing our location with the "annoying flashlight".Still good yet spoiled kid if you can handle his screaming and childish behaviour...

I've had two squeakers in my crew before. I try to be nice to them but in the end I just cannot tolerate them any longer and I ban them from re-joining when I get rid of them. It is never too long before I lose my temper with their dumb questions and stupid sounding voices.

Simple thing for me, i have my own children that i can talk too, I play this game to escape the childish rantings and behavior of kids.. At least that is what i hoped since it is rated 18.. but i guess that some parents really don't care what is age appropriate for there kids.. 

Most of the time i play with friends anyways so party chat it is, but on those times i'm playing alone it is well annoying hearing those little squeeky (me nuts havn't dropped yet) voices.... Sod off will ya and play Lego batman or something...

This is the thing. I don't understand how parents let their kids on this game. If I had any little kids I wouldn't even let them watch me play it. I grew up a slightly disturbed and demented f*ck, I wouldn't wish this on any of my offspring either. I doubt violent games are the cause of my problem, but I wouldn't want to take chances either.

Kids are a plague on this game, they are very dumb and impossible to enjoy the game with. You are a good parent for not letting your children play. Why? Because nobody wants to play GTA:O with your kids, this makes you a good parent imo. Well done. (Not sarcasm).

I wish more parents were like you and told their kids no and maybe even laid the smack down on them when they answer back 'WHYYYYY? MY FRIENDS HAVE IT' *slap2faec* 'Shut the f*ck up, fool.' That's parenting.

• Cokecan72 likes this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hello guys, I don't really see what's all the child discrimination is about, but I've been heavily insulted for being underaged, and I really think games should not be rated on age, it should be rated on maturity. I am almost 13, but I'm mentally mature enough to play and understand this game. The kids you hear screaming "ni**er" and other popular insults that sound like they are 7 are obviously not mature and should not be playing this game. Hope this topic doesn't get deleted but what do you guys think about kids on this game?

'almost 13' kind of retracted from your otherwise, valid point.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

The world is f*cked we are all doomed

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:59 PM Edited by Cokecan72, 17 February 2014 - 02:11 PM.

This is the thing. I don't understand how parents let their kids on this game. If I had any little kids I wouldn't even let them watch me play it. I grew up a slightly disturbed and demented f*ck, I wouldn't wish this on any of my offspring either. I doubt violent games are the cause of my problem, but I wouldn't want to take chances either.

Kids are a plague on this game, they are very dumb and impossible to enjoy the game with. You are a good parent for not letting your children play. Why? Because nobody wants to play GTA:O with your kids, this makes you a good parent imo. Well done. (Not sarcasm).

I wish more parents were like you and told their kids no and maybe even laid the smack down on them when they answer back 'WHYYYYY? MY FRIENDS HAVE IT' *slap2faec* 'Shut the f*ck up, fool.' That's parenting.

I make you right, i often wonder about the kids that are playing and how old are there parents, probably not far of being children themselfs..

Two things for me..

1) It's rated 18, like drinking in england. I wouldn't take my 12 year old out for a night on the piss.

I wouldn't take my 12 year old to the red light district or a strip club.

I wouldn't take my 12 year old round me mates for a evening on the bong..

I wouldn't let my 12 year old, swear or be sworn at by others.. Which even if you mute all the voice chat, doesn't stop people sending you a pm telling you to "Go F@~k your mothers c#$t" just because you beaten them in a race..

Do i want my child subject to that ??  Simple.. No, Why ?, because I love them, and it's my job to look after them, protect them from that.

2) I don't really don't want to play with Children, in other games maybe, but in this game it just doesn't feel right.. Like giving a joint to a 13 year old.. He parents might let him smoke it, but i don't wanna be apart of that or sit there sharing one with him..

It's a game that is intended for adults and that's who should be playing it..

Shame on those parent that think it's ok. What the hell are you teaching your children ??

• manicmechanic71 likes this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

I think me and cokecan were separated at birth! Lol!
  • Cokecan72 likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Maro Hannover, on 15 Feb 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

My small Brother is about 5 years and He Plays GTA V Better than GTA Series Videos

He also Play GTA IV and its Episodes when he was 3 years.  Just like me I am 12 years old and

I Play GTA Since i was 3/4 years old :D

Don't Think we are that Type Of Sun of Beaches who Enter (Strip Clubs, Pros service, And that other sh*t)

We don't do That VerY VerY Bad things.

As if your reached 18 you ShOuld not do that sh*t!

Rockstar When will you Have manners and Drop that sh*t!

so it's ok for a 5 or 12 year old to murder and steal in a videogame?

but his poor soul will be ruined for life if he ever sees a nipple or some dryhumping? :panic:

yeah makes perfect sense. :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users