Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Come back in 15 after you have 2

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

I was 12 when I played my first GTA game, Vice City.

I'm now 18. As anyone can tell, I'm not a mass murdering psycho.

I have a part time job and attend college full time. 

My father used to game with me, and he taught me that how I behave in a game shouldn't be how I behave in real life.

Playing GTA actually made me want to become a police officer, to stop real life people from committing the acts I saw in GTA. 

Deep down I knew the actions in the game were wrong. But that was ok, because it was JUST A GAME.

When it comes down to it, it's the parents job to instill correct values of right and wrong. 

If they can successfully do that, I don't have a problem with any kid wanting to play GTA. 

My kid wanted to be like the criminals in the game. Guess, I got some work to do.. LOL, just kidding..

He's seen it. Tells his mom that daddy was dying a lot but also sniped a few guys and stabbed some civies..

I tell him, none of this is real. It is all graphics and shouldn't be done in real life. 

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

I was in 6th grade when I first played gta3. Loved it. My dad always let me watch basically any movie i wanted that didn't have sex scenes in it. By the time vice city came out he didn't care. I was a straight A student. Now I'm 22 and about to graduate with a degree and I'm not a criminal lol. GtaV story mode is pretty bad in my opinion. Idk if I would let my child play it. But online isn't so bad. The only bad thing there is what other players say on their mics. Which can be hidden from children. But as new gta games come out, at least I hope they do, i don't mind letting my future kid play it with me because I'll be there directly to talk to him about it. It's better they learn about it from me then out in the real world IMO.
  • Malibu454 likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

My kid only talks to his friends on the mic, never in game chat. We have the volume turned down or off in the settings

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

My kid only talks to his friends on the mic, never in game chat. We have the volume turned down or off in the settings

i hope your kids arent one of those kids who say "nigga this nigga that" all the damned time 

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

I really enjoy killing kids because they sometimes offer the most hysterical responses.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I really enjoy killing kids because they sometimes offer the most hysterical responses.

same here lol

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

What system do you play on? I see you on here all the time.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

i hope your kids arent one of those kids who say "nigga this nigga that" all the damned time 

No..Not at all. He plays with his cousin and friends he's met from all over playing all the other games. COD, Minecraft and sh*t.. Some kids like him and some teenagers.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

No..Not at all. He plays with his cousin and friends he's met from all over playing all the other games. COD, Minecraft and sh*t.. Some kids like him and some teenagers.

good thing they are on xbox , or i would go after them lol j/k

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

I think you'd have a hard time. He's got a full arsenal and he's got the skills to get the job done.. :die:  :die:

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I heard a poor child ask if somebody wanted to take over the military base upon which some adult responded "shut up bitch I'll kill you". Then I said, "no you shut up or I'll kill you". It ended up being like 13 to 2 and I hope he learned his lesson about being rude to kids. Upon everything dying down I told him no you shut up or I'll kill you and then his friend started laughing whole lot it was great

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

I think you'd have a hard time. He's got a full arsenal and he's got the skills to get the job done.. :die:  :die:

only way he would own me is with a sniper lol

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

He's got the heavy sniper and he's got the quick scope thing down for closer battles..

I've played with a younger kid after he insisted I joined his party after I friended him. I could only text but he was chewing my ear off. He's a good kid wanted to do stuff together and help anyway he could.

I have no idea about some of my other friends cause i don't have a mic yet. I have to get one soon..

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

He's got the heavy sniper and he's got the quick scope thing down for closer battles..

I've played with a younger kid after he insisted I joined his party after I friended him. I could only text but he was chewing my ear off. He's a good kid wanted to do stuff together and help anyway he could.

I have no idea about some of my other friends cause i don't have a mic yet. I have to get one soon..

yeah i need to get a mic too 

RawGo0n
  • RawGo0n

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:00 AM

You guys got it wrong the problem is not if kids will act out, and do bad things because of the game cause this hardly ever happens, the main thing is the online interaction.

Every time a squeaker such as your self is exposed the room field with older children almost always end up bullying the litte kids, making fun of them, telling them they are to young, and getting a great laugh out of it

The mere existence of a squeaker makes everyone go after them bad talk them and just be assholes, mock and laugh at them.

There is no real good reason as to why kids like you are hated on when exposed expect for the sheer fact that your like 12 lol.

RossCA
  • RossCA

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

They really shouldn't be playing this kind of game, but I don't really care. I just can't stand hearing their little dumbasses on the mic singing and making stupid noises. 

• PaulDPearl likes this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

the game rating system is in place for a reason.. these are games for adults who wanna play with other adults. its a shame parents buy these games for their kids. i am a parent and a gamer and i draw the line with GTA/ saints row for my 11 year old. i cannot stand sh*t talking little kids and would like a few mins alone with parents who let their kids play these games.

Definitely agree with this. One problem is that R* ONLY rates these game because they're required to. In reality they expect and count on a lot of children playing the game when they estimate their profit. They would most certainly frown upon any pressure requiring them to better educate the consumer on ratings in any way.

For the record, the game rating is voluntary. They don't have to rate it at all... and I'm not calling for any regulation anywhere that would prevent kids from buying and playing this game... I'm asking for the impossible... for people to be responsible for their f*cking children less their children end up f*cking.... 

Giving this game to your child is no better than buying them a subscription to Playboy and then reading them good night stories from Fifty Shades of Grey. 

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

well the rating system is useless when you got parents buying those games for their 10 year old kids 

RawGo0n
  • RawGo0n

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

the game rating system is in place for a reason.. these are games for adults who wanna play with other adults. its a shame parents buy these games for their kids. i am a parent and a gamer and i draw the line with GTA/ saints row for my 11 year old. i cannot stand sh*t talking little kids and would like a few mins alone with parents who let their kids play these games.

Definitely agree with this. One problem is that R* ONLY rates these game because they're required to. In reality they expect and count on a lot of children playing the game when they estimate their profit. They would most certainly frown upon any pressure requiring them to better educate the consumer on ratings in any way.

For the record, the game rating is voluntary. They don't have to rate it at all... and I'm not calling for any regulation anywhere that would prevent kids from buying and playing this game... I'm asking for the impossible... for people to be responsible for their f*cking children less their children end up f*cking.... 

Giving this game to your child is no better than buying them a subscription to Playboy and then reading them good night stories from Fifty Shades of Grey. 

The problem has nothing to do with the games rating, it's the online interaction lol

SkyrimJarl
  • SkyrimJarl

Anime Watcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

bump

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

I don't have much of a problem with kids playing GTA:O. Just the other day i ended up in a party with a couple of them. I hadn't known until i joined their party. They were nice kids.

I remember being a child and watching things that i shouldn't have, playing games that i shouldn't have.

SkyrimJarl
  • SkyrimJarl

Anime Watcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

bump

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

Whilst I have come across some polite and seemingly well behaved youngsters in this game, the VAST majority should be killed once and for all. No respawn. This is an 18 cert game. I don't have kids myself but if I did, they damn sure wouldn't play this game in my house until they were AT LEAST 15. Preferably 16. Even that is me being lenient.  Parents these days think that they should give in to every whim of their children, whereas in reality the child will only respect the parent for setting boundaries. GTA V should definitely be a boundary.  Buying cigarettes or alcohol on behalf of somebody who's underage is illegal, but how many MILLION 18 cert games were given to children for Christmas?

When I was 13, like the OP I thought myself mature. I know now that I was no such thing. Give it a couple of decades and look back OP.

Rockstar have included a report option within the game. One of the sub options for reason of report should be underage.  Not only would this game be more enjoyable for the grown ups without them, but maybe Rockstar's servers could handle the traffic better too.

I don't have much of a problem with kids playing GTA:O. Just the other day i ended up in a party with a couple of them. I hadn't known until i joined their party. They were nice kids.

I remember being a child and watching things that i shouldn't have, playing games that i shouldn't have.

I too did things I shouldn't have. Got my arse smacked too.

An 11 year old replied to my crew recruitment text the other day (obviously didn't understand what post pubescent meant).

ELEVEN for God's sake! He's still wetting the bed.

• Rocktopper likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

A 4 year old shot another 4 year old a few weeks ago. http://www.cnn.com/2...child-shooting/

I guess the toddlers just make LS a little more real life.

T-Roc
  • T-Roc

Gangsta Goalie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

I am a father and I would not allow my kid to play this game until around age 14-16. I have no issues with the violence or criminal aspects of the game, if a kid is raised properly they know right from wrong and real from fake. The issue is there is A LOT of sexual content not appropriate for kids, especially in single player. Online isn't that bad, but no picking up strange girls at night!...that should not be heard by young ears. The only time I will allow my 3 year old to play is in an invite only session and only let him drive my cars around.

I see alot of people talking about their experiences with GTA3 and the other ones available on PS2, these weren't nearly as explicit as GTA5 so I don't feel that's a fair comparison.

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

i have a 4 month old boy and yes with my boy he can watch whatever just like how i was raised as long as nude scenes are edited out and gta games and other 18 + titles sure why not the cuss words he learn in public eventually as long as you dont teach them that and lecture him its not ok to say them anywhere in public sooner or later they will be exposed to that anyways lets say when he starts to go over his buddys house and they play gta 9 online kids need to know their priority and by personal experience in online all the kids i have encountered 90% were polite and non trolls the other percent were adults acting like children cussing kids out for being kids its seems age during online reversed roles

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

i have a 4 month old boy and yes with my boy he can watch whatever just like how i was raised as long as nude scenes are edited out and gta games and other 18 + titles sure why not the cuss words he learn in public eventually as long as you dont teach them that and lecture him its not ok to say them anywhere in public sooner or later they will be exposed to that anyways lets say when he starts to go over his buddys house and they play gta 9 online kids need to know their priority and by personal experience in online all the kids i have encountered 90% were polite and non trolls the other percent were adults acting like children cussing kids out for being kids its seems age during online reversed roles

i look forward to the day when your son owns you with the sniper lol

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

lolol i wouldnt doubt it he already starts to kick the controllers joystick causing me to crash or go off a cliff lmao

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

lolol i wouldnt doubt it he already starts to kick the controllers joystick causing me to crash or go off a cliff lmao

the day he owns you with a sniper should be the day you retire from GTA lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users