614 replies to this topic
Bxx88
  • Bxx88

150% chance of stealing your girl

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

I don't really care.

Some of you guys get so angry over what other people do what their lives/kids, I mean let them be, world war 3 is not going to begin because some kids are playing GTA.

If their presence bother you so much in online just mute them and move on.

• Nick, psymin and Klicksend like this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

You Bumder

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

...he was behaving normally. Not one of his cars had dollar rims or chrome as a primary color, the only 'kid' trademark he had on his cars was white walls and he had them on a black tornado with rims that really suited the car and the white walls only complimented the car as a whole.

Having dollar rims and chrome as primary is the telltale sign of a kid?

Man, have I been sending the wrong message...

In my experience it has.

Most of the times I've seen a chrome car with dollar rims the owner has been a squeaker with no sense of shame or manners.

CvrnivalxVenice
  • CvrnivalxVenice

Just Venice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

I usually just mute em, or kick em if im hosting something. But on the odd day I yell(Not really yelling just talking over them) stfu everytime they try to talk its kinda funny, cause they get really worked up about it and usually leave. Call me a dick if you want, but this isnt an everyday thing. Just the odd kid might have that voice im in no mood for.

EEDDDWWWAARRRD
  • EEDDDWWWAARRRD

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:55 AM Edited by EEDDDWWWAARRRD, 17 April 2015 - 12:55 AM.

I need to get used to the fact that kids are becoming more common on the internet :D

I still remember when  most sites had a 14+ age limit or required a parents' email address.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Van Society Representative

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:18 AM

I need to get used to the fact that kids are becoming more common on the internet :D

I still remember when  most sites had a 14+ age limit or required a parents' email address.

12 year old lies about his age and creates his own email address

age restriction bypassed

Elric_Francis92
  • Elric_Francis92

The Laughing Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

The game is NOT restricted to adults. It is rated Mature.

Parents have every right (at least in America) to buy the game for their kid if they so choose. Whether that is a good idea or not is another debate. But you have no right to tell someone what they can or can't buy for their kid.

It is completely irrelevant if you or even I feel differently. This is America baby!

I have the right to tell anyone anything I'd like it's called freedom of speech. You just don't have to agree. So yeah any parent letting any kid under 13 play this game should have their children removed period.

Kinda like I think parents who let kids under 13 play this are actually brother and sister but that is a different issue.

Strange Town
  • Strange Town

Looking at you, Mission/Heist failing Randoms

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

People are being militant over this because they've found what they call "squeaker kids" playing. Before GTA V no one gave a damn for this kind of topic, I bet.

monkeymonk
  • monkeymonk

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

Parents have every right (at least in America) to buy the game for their kid if they so choose. Whether that is a good idea or not is another debate. But you have no right to tell someone what they can or can't buy for their kid.

It is completely irrelevant if you or even I feel differently. This is America baby!

Actually, in America, it's currently illegal to buy a 'mature' rated game for the implicit reason of providing it to a minor and has been since 2005.

However it is not illegal to buy a game for yourself and allow a minor to use it.

It actually does not matter if the person buying the game for a minor is there parent, family or a creepy guy at the bottom of the street. The law sees no difference in the provision of content to minors. It's just nobody has been taken to court yet for a rule to be made in law.

It's America, baby, the most eloquent lawyer makes the law. All it needs is a decent public prosecutor, and a cheap ass defensive lawyer, and it will be a test case enshrined in law. Just wait for a state DA to want to make a political point.

Miss Blossom
  • Miss Blossom

Tsundere of GTA

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:09 AM

I've pretty much made it a rule to not associate with anyone online under the age of 18. While there are underage people that have common sense and are quite mature the majority I have come across just annoy me. I'll also add there are people over the age of 18 I don't bother to associate with as well, but under 18 I usually don't bother to hear them out in terms of being friends.

danowar
  • danowar

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

Kids playing clearly depends on the parent. 

However, with the amount of children I encounter I am at odds with a lot of their parents.  These little kids use every swear in the world and they scream it.  Every word that society deems to be wrong you hear when you play GTA.  Where are the parents?  I would have had my ass handed to me as a kid.  Hearing a kid swear his butt off and you can hear a baby cry is messed up.  You hear a lot of bad homes when you put in your time with GTA. 

They could be 18 year old gamers that are desperately awaiting puberty as they take up a babysitting job to pay for college expenses, but I'm doubting that.

kyennamo
  • kyennamo

Akroma

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:59 AM

Actually, in America, it's currently illegal to buy a 'mature' rated game for the implicit reason of providing it to a minor and has been since 2005.

However it is not illegal to buy a game for yourself and allow a minor to use it.

It actually does not matter if the person buying the game for a minor is there parent, family or a creepy guy at the bottom of the street. The law sees no difference in the provision of content to minors. It's just nobody has been taken to court yet for a rule to be made in law.

It's America, baby, the most eloquent lawyer makes the law. All it needs is a decent public prosecutor, and a cheap ass defensive lawyer, and it will be a test case enshrined in law. Just wait for a state DA to want to make a political point.

If such a law exists please site the specific statute and/or related case law. And if such a law exists, is it on a federal or state level?

I'm not going to run off at the mouth and call you wrong blah blah blah because I honestly don't know. I'm not a lawyer (though I am married to one) but I have never heard of such a law and even IF it did exist it would be impossible to enforce.

But for my own curiosity, please, provide me a link to it (and not just some web site where some guy says it) something official please

kyennamo
  • kyennamo

Akroma

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

Forgot to mention, sure, I'm sure there are laws in the books to prevent a kid asking random dude A to get the game for him with out his parents knowing. Random dude A's intentions are specifically circumventing the rating system and he is not family. But you specifically stated it did not matter if it was parent/family/randoms.

You tell me where there is a law written where I could be prosecuted for giving my nephew gta or mortal kombat for his birthday as long as his mom was cool with it.

RobinVerhulstZ
  • RobinVerhulstZ

i love canada

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:44 AM

thank god i barely encounter them on pc,and even  more so that i can just disable voice chat on PC.

i barely see any chrome on pc whatsoever. but that´s to be expected since barely any kid plays on PC

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

If such a law exists please site the specific statute and/or related case law. And if such a law exists, is it on a federal or state level?

I'm not going to run off at the mouth and call you wrong blah blah blah because I honestly don't know. I'm not a lawyer (though I am married to one) but I have never heard of such a law and even IF it did exist it would be impossible to enforce.

But for my own curiosity, please, provide me a link to it (and not just some web site where some guy says it) something official please

I think he's talking about The Family Entertainment Protection ACT, it never passed

http://en.wikipedia...._Protection_Act

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

Proxy purchasing is a big deal in the UK and is being cracked down upon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users